Questions about my first character. . .

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Questions about my first character. . .

Post by Guest »

I wish to play a dwarf warrior on Tazlure, but I have no idea how or why
he would "fit in" one of the active cities on the board. I am well aware
that I should not make a character solely based on fighting, (ie: non
combat starting skills) but it seems there is no activity whatsoever in the
dwarf cities, and I can't come up with a decent reason for Maldi to travel
to active human/adhiel locations. Anyone with suggestions for me?
Last edited by Guest on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

All you really need is a pretense to get him out of dwarf lands and somewhere else. It doesn't mean he actually has to accomplish what he set out to do. Perhaps he was sent to find someone or something in where ever it is you want to end up playing. Or perhaps he was sent as an emissary to establish diplomatic relations or as a diplomatic assistant. We have another player who did that (Rosalie in Citadel).

Or perhaps he went in search of something.. something dwarfish left behind when his clan retreated back to the mountains.. something his family wants back. Or to find a special healer.. or mage... who supposedly has the answer to a problem back home.

Or perhaps he just has wanderlust and was enthralled by the tales of far off and exotic places by travelers that wandered by and he has decided to go see them for himself.

Or his family needs money and so he joins a caravan as a guard but for some reason the caravan had to take a detour.. to avoid bandits or floods or whatever.... and so he ended up somewhere other than where he intended. He sees this new place as a good place to earn money and send back home so he stays awhile.

The possibilities are endless :)
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The Dwarves of Nazareen were driven fom their home by invading demons before the Super Sync so there is a fine reason for leaving home.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Thank you

Post by Guest »

Excellent. I am impressed by the response time to my questions. The suggestions are great! I think I'm just having troubles making a history because I havn't RP'd for a few years. I havn't had much time for esthetic thoughts lately. Which is another reason I'm looking forward to posting here.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

You could even work with a mod and create a small starting story with him or her. Try asking Vanadius for help since he runs Dort and Nazareen is just bellow the surface. You two could spin a nice little event that way and it would give your char an initial direction from which he could get involved in more.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Nice!

Post by Guest »

I'm definitely rolling with that idea. Thanks Wolf!

???

Post by Guest »

Where is Nazareeen at? It's not listed in the Worldguide and I can't seem to find it on the board either.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It is in the Dort Mountains. As said you best ask Vanadius about it.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Return to “Questions & Answers”