Questions regarding character creation

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Seth
Civus

Questions regarding character creation

Post by Seth »

Hello,

I'm slowly working on my character and have many questions.

1. Is it ok that I will be vague in personality description? (I say this because I am a strong character development rpger. I like being a little vague. If it is neccessary I would update the bio if needed.)

2. How important it is to have a job? I can't seem to decide yet. Any tips?

3. How tall are half giants? On average? I'm trying to get a mental picture and might be one.

4. Why are there special requested races? Just curious.

5. Are gnomes just males? It sounds like they're all males with moustaches. lol

Thanks for your time and I'm really curious so you haven't heard the last of me. lol

Empyrean (call me Empy if you like)
Tristam

Re: Questions regarding character creation

Post by Tristam »

Greetings Empy,

Thanks for checking out Tazlure. I'll try to answer these questions for you.

Empyrean wrote:Hello,

I'm slowly working on my character and have many questions.

1. Is it ok that I will be vague in personality description? (I say this because I am a strong character development rpger. I like being a little vague. If it is neccessary I would update the bio if needed.)

Don't worry about this description being a straight jacket. We just want a paragraph on how you see your character acting so we know to expect a fresh faced youth vs a hard bitten killer.

2. How important it is to have a job? I can't seem to decide yet. Any tips?

It is more important to let us know what kind of things you think you will do with this character. So if he was a blacksmith and wants to continue being one, putting blacksmith is good. If he wants to be a powerful arch-mage someday, budding magician is a good description. Again, its just a way to signal to the mods who your guy is and what he wants to do.

3. How tall are half giants? On average? I'm trying to get a mental picture and might be one.

From our wiki they are "Two heads taller than an average human" so around seven feet on average with some taller and some less so.

4. Why are there special requested races? Just curious.

These races either have access to powers that the other races don't or require knowledge of Tazlure to play well. So these races are not open to new players but once you have played in Tazlure for awhile they are open for second or replacement PCs.

5. Are gnomes just males? It sounds like they're all males with moustaches. lol

There are female gnomes but for the most part they look and act almost identically to male gnomes. It is source of much confusion between gnomes and other races.

Thanks for your time and I'm really curious so you haven't heard the last of me. lol

Empyrean (call me Empy if you like)

Glad to help. Feel free to ask any more questions you have.

- Tristam
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Seth
Civus

Re: Questions regarding character creation

Post by Seth »

Tristam wrote:Greetings Empy,

Thanks for checking out Tazlure. I'll try to answer these questions for you.

Glad to help. Feel free to ask any more questions you have.

- Tristam

Thanks Tristam! I appreciate your helpful answers!

Question for you (it's only one for now but others are going to arise haha)

I fiddled about recently with my user profile and clicked on character creation whatyoucallit (brain freeze here...oops) and I'm wondering if I can activate it by putting in bits of info gradually? I'm not sure if it 'finalizes' my character bio or not? Silly question but you're talking to Miss I-roleplayed-freeform-for-9-years-and-still-hates-writing-character-bios.

Enough said. lol

This does not to imply I don't write up bios, by the way...I just don't like them even though I know their beneficial purpose
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

As long as you put something in all the fields and write "work in progress" in notes, you can go back and edit it as much as you like, right up until it's finished and approved for play. So don't worry about filling it all out at once - take your time! :)
Seth
Civus

Post by Seth »

Thanks, Finley

Another question....lol

The board says new characters are welcome in Nether's Gate, Eastern Empire...and DragonsKeep. I know DragonsKeep is in Western Kingdom but there's no mention of it? *eyes the map* lol

Oh yeah!! Another question...*sheepish smile*

Just how bad is undecided in religion? I truly am undecided in the religion part. I read up on them but can't I decide later? To me this is easier to start off as so I get the feel for my character.

Also, the skills thing. When character learns more from mod/NPC, does the gained points go to the skills? How do you know when you're allowed to gain another new skill?

Side comment:
I'm afraid of wooden shoes...wow how can anyone walk in them!? :shock:
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

I'm afraid of wooden shoes...wow how can anyone walk in them!?

With style, grace and panache. XD My grandmother from my mother side (God, bless her soul) used to own wooden shoes. We call 'em here "bakya" (pronounce as buck-yah). Here's a picture:

I know, it looks more than a furniture rather than a shoe, but it's perfectly wearable. It's very hard to match 'em up with anything though. You can prolly ask our Tazlurean Famous coutourier, Audrey Harden for more fashion tips.
Last edited by Tyrone on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[i][b]"Hate thy neighbours for they hate you even more."[/i][/b]
[hr][/hr]
Posting: Once/week[/size]
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

That ain't no proper wooden shoe!!!

Here is a Dutch "klomp"

Here are of course the reference shoes used for EE, the Japanese sandels:

[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

Hello Seth,

The board says new characters are welcome in Nether's Gate, Eastern Empire...and DragonsKeep. I know DragonsKeep is in Western Kingdom but there's no mention of it? *eyes the map* lol

I've taken a look at the map and must conclude that you probably overlooked it.

As you can see on the map of Tazlure, Dragonskeep is located on the map about half an inch south of Pax Balthasar in the Howling Ice Mountains. This is on the border of the Western Kingdom and Terra Incognita.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Seth
Civus

Post by Seth »

Adanedhel wrote:Hello Seth,
I've taken a look at the map and must conclude that you probably overlooked it.

As you can see on the map of Tazlure, Dragonskeep is located on the map about half an inch south of Pax Balthasar in the Howling Ice Mountains. This is on the border of the Western Kingdom and Terra Incognita.

Apologies I misworded my question a bit. I meant I didn't see it as a sub board on the board under Western Kingdom. I know it's on the map but it's not a sub board? Or is it 'King's Court' area?

Tyrone: Whoa, they're pretty wooden shoes! I don't think I have the grace to wear them. But admire anyone who does. :) Thank you I learned a new word today! God I love learning new words. *pushes up glasses* 8)

Maeve, the Dutch "clomp" was what I had in mind. Ouch! lol But I think those sandals scare me more. I'm a total klutz haha
Last edited by Seth on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Dragonskeep is part of the Baron Estates :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “Questions & Answers”