Aranea Coufot starts play - future questions

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Areana Coufot
Civus

Aranea Coufot starts play - future questions

Post by Areana Coufot »

Hi All

My character has been approved (YAY!!), so I'm about to get started. I have created this thread to:

- post all questions that I have about the game from now on

- open up a space where other players can tell me if I am doing something wrong, or something right, or generally have any suggestions for me

Since I don't want to open a new thread everytime I have questions, thought this would be a good idea. If the answer is somewhere in the wiki, please feel free to direct me to it. I have read the wiki but it's alot to take in!

Ok, I already have two questions:

1) In Tazlure, do the characters generally walk around wearing their weapons? Do I leave my sword at home when I'm in "every-day mode" or can I wear it 24/7, if I want to?

2) When I read someone else's post, can I assume that they are speaking"human"? Or will people post in the boards what language they are speaking?

Thanks all. Please feel free to let me know if I am breaking any rules when I post for my character. I'm new :oops:

See you in IC
[color=white]
[b]Mark Twain[/b]
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
[/color]

Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Post by Quinlan Corodin »

Hi there, and welcome. :D I'm just a player, so anything I say can and will be overruled by a currently practicing mod, bu I think these first two are fairly easy.

1) Like many, many things in Tazlure, your weapon preferences are totally up to you - or more appropriately, your character. I can think of more than one character that never wears a weapon, as far as I know. Others certainly have them more often than not, usually with good reason. Still other characters might not know which end of a sword to hold, but can weave icky death with their minds. :P

The longer answer is that it depends on the situation. If you're a cutpurse roaming the seedy areas, you might want to have a shank handy. If you're rubbing elbows at a merchant's manse, maybe not so much. Or maybe you always keep a sharpy in the bodice no matter what. Who knows?

2) I would say that most speech defaults to human, yes. If someone is speaking in one of the other languages, I believe they usually indicate it somewhere in the post. So-and-so says in adhiel, "blahblahblah," and so on. It's not a rule by any means, but the point is I don't think it's ever difficult to tell while reading/playing.
Areana Coufot
Civus

Post by Areana Coufot »

Thanks for the help. :multi:
[color=white]
[b]Mark Twain[/b]
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
[/color]

Return to “Questions & Answers”