Inventory Question: Women's Clothing

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Viviana Kaleyis
Mod Trainee

Inventory Question: Women's Clothing

Post by Viviana Kaleyis »

The section on women's clothing in the Wiki seems to mostly describe the clothing of the late 14th century, when they wore kirtles and surcoats.

Yet in the inventory, most of the women's clothing listed sounds like what most people wear to Ren Faires ... a chemise, bodice, and a skirt.

So which is correct, or does it depend on the location? Viviana comes from the Citadel and I describe her wearing a kirtle and surcoat in her background. Is this what she would wear or should I change it?

If she does wear the kirtle and surcoat, how would I indicate this on the inventory? Or do I need to do so at all?

Sorry for the endless questions. Sometimes I think I am as curious as my character.

:)
Ophelia da Yrsa
Civus

Post by Ophelia da Yrsa »

No problem on the questions!

First: dress can depend on location, but, really, more on the character and what -you- want them to wear.

In the Citadel it's more common to see renaissance styled clothes (they are a rather advanced part of the world) but in say.. Dort, where they are mainly farmers, that wouldn't be the case. Hope that helps to clear up the confusion. Perhaps someone who's interested in the subject can work up a better explaination in our wiki.

Second: As to inventory in general. We've recently adopted a "wealth" skill. Because of this you'll see a diversity among new and old sheets. It used to be the case that you had to list -everything- your PC had, but, now we're more casual on that and don't need to add every item. But, I would recommend adding any "special" items like your nice weapons or maybe a dress from Audrey Harden for a special occasion. Aside from special/notable items, your inventory can be pretty sparse.
"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain"
~Bob Marley
Avatar by the ever so lovely [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com/]Finnyface[/url]. Full size in journal.
Viviana Kaleyis
Mod Trainee

Post by Viviana Kaleyis »

Thanks for the info, Ophelia. It really helped. :-)
Ophelia da Yrsa
Civus

Post by Ophelia da Yrsa »

Welcome & can't wait to see you around on the boards.
"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain"
~Bob Marley
Avatar by the ever so lovely [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com/]Finnyface[/url]. Full size in journal.

Return to “Questions & Answers”