Advice on a character concept

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Advice on a character concept

Post by Guest »

Hi, I'm thinking of submitting a character biography. Could somone advise me on this character concept please?

Right, so I noticed that characters can't be of noble birth according to the character creation rules? Yet in the courtier career guide it says you can start as minor nobility, as long as the family is not too powerful or wealthy.

So really, what I'm aiming for is a daughter of a minor noble family of Roque 'd'Ancourt - young, human or half-elven, interested in musical arts and genteel academic studies. Perhaps her family have fallen on hard times, and now have little pull or power within the politics of the Western Kingdom. They have two other sons, one who they invest much time in (he's the heir), and another they send to court to represent them. However, the family is not considered to be very important or noteworthy in the grand scheme of things.

With this in mind, my character would be very ambitious, and would wish to bring great prestige back to her family. So she would travel to King's Court and study as a bard, hoping that her talent and fame will soon be known throughout the land.

Does this work as a concept, or would I need to tweak it? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Usually allowances are made for second characters that permit minor nobility and the like, but given a proper background I do not see why you could not create a character based on this concept. Danomel who is the King's Court Coordinator has the final say in this of course, so it would be best if you could PM him and inform him of your plans.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

Thank you, I will do that!
Scarlet
Civus

Post by Scarlet »

you could always lie.
[url=http://wiki.tazlure.nl/index.php/Isle_Cat]Isle Cat[/url][size=75][color=darkred]

I'm not here to play who's the better killer.

[i]But it [b]is[/b] my favourite game...[/i][/color][/size]
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

I would go with human, there seems to be a flush of half-elven girls around >.< including meself. I like your concept, though. Mine is sort of similar though Val may be a bit more vapid ^.^
It's such a sad old feeling
the fields are soft and green,
it's memories that I'm stealing
but you're innocent when you dream. - Tom Waits
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Go ahead and do your write up. I will take a look at it and offer comments.
By all the Dodos! these are thoughts of weight,
Most venerable, wise, and out of date.
(from [i]The Paradise of the Birds[/i], by [i]W. J. Courthope[/i])

(Avatar by LEW 1998)

Return to “Questions & Answers”