A few questions.

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

A few questions.

Post by Guest »

I have a few questions, and it would be great if anybody could help me out on these.

I'm new to the game, and I really havn't done any RPing yet, but the recess hit right after I started. Without a moderator guiding me, how much liberty should I take with my recess summary? I am unsure of what I can and can't do, so I am tentative to even attempt writing it yet.

Also, is there any type of "styles" to martial ats atm? or is it just ambiguous? I plan on my character becoming very invested in them (I am writing a journal starting from a year ago game time to show his interest." Thus, I would like to know as much as has been established about the arts already, and what kind of leeway I have.

Any help would be much appreciated so I can begin working on a summary rough draft.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Good questions, Tang. You can usually take a lot of liberty with your recess summary, as long as they're sensible and they don't contradict the events of the summaries posted by the mods. Try looking at older examples to get a feel for what you can do with you character. Ambition is always encouraged, but if you're not sure if you're going too far, just write up your ideas and run them past your coordinator. No-one's going to bite your head off for trying :).

There's some dev work going on in the background on martial arts, but I don't think any of it has been made 'official' yet. I imagine that as in real life, there will be a variety of styles practiced in different regions, but none of them have been defined, so you have a lot of leeway at this point. Craghley is the guy in charge - PM him for more details (and if you're enthusiastic and have the time, I'm sure he won't mind having extra help with the development!).
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Questions & Answers”