Networking with other Players

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Networking with other Players

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

I just returned the game after a few months away, and I put up a recess post- my character was just getting started when I needed to leave. I have high hopes for her but while waiting for Recess Approval what should I do?

Is there anything I can do? I really want to network with other players to further my goals,but I am feeling kind of lost as to what to do.

Any suggestions? I am playing in Citadel.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

I played in Citadel once and it's a very good place to "network" with other players. There's intrigue, politics, crime, magic, passion, sex and let's not forget the usual bouts of fire. :p Not counting T'aquar, Citadel has the biggest fire accident in Tazlure. (hmnn, come to think of it, it's the same mod between Taq and Cita who's burning everything down. Are we seeing hints of Pyromaniac here, Dr. House? I say we need to do a liver biopsy!)

Looking at your Background, you're planning to be a companion. Red Rose Guild was closed a long time ago but do not fear, Ashari (the character) is trying to revive the Guild (Under a new name, I think). The best thing is to contact her (whether IC or through Pm or through chat.) I think she needs more students for her guild so I think you'll be welcome. I'm sure she can accomodate you and you'll be going a long way with her and playing with other characters in the near future.

Have fun and good luck!

Shez, the wandering supporter.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Falco
Civus

Post by Falco »

Also if there is a person who you wish to get to know in the citadel pm them and see if you could right a line in to your recess about them even along the lines of you had coffee or he helped you out doing something (with the said persons agreement that is. that way you know them a little at the least and you can seek one out
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

I could do that.. there should be a list of 'people you shoulw know' or PCs you should know for each city.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

Oh, you mean you want a list of IT people? Like, who's who at what city? Like, what they're wearing and who made their clothes when they attended the Annual Mithril Awards and who they're dating?

Hmn... That's going to be difficult. :p
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Falco
Civus

Post by Falco »

Not really a list per say, but think of it this way your inner circle where you spend most of your time. Falco spent most of his time in the recess either in the UofM or at merchants and nobles houses acting as a scribe and doing a little trading. So I was lucky and able to walk a gambit of circles so to speak. Or even going to the dragon for drinks now and then would get them in touch with all sorts's
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Good point, I guess I should just pop in to the Citadel's inns and pubs and such to improve my standing also probably pop over to the Rocky Island Guild (Replacement for the Red Rose Guild)

Return to “Questions & Answers”