Trothgard

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Matiel Escariot
Civus
Location: In a place surrounded by farms I my family does not own.

Trothgard

Post by Matiel Escariot »

Dwarf Fortress has been distracting me away from this place for too long. I've been meaning to do some actual posting of course in the plots I'm already in but at the moment things have been moving pretty slow so I'm going to take that down time to make my new character.

This will be my third PC and I am going to take a page right out of Dwarf Fortress being that I am pretty sure this angle of fantasy gaming has ye to be touched here. In short, I want to play a character who is at least a part of a pioneer group if not the leader. The project will basically be the goal of establishing a new outpost that will hopefully grow into a full fledged city and saomedya might actually replace Kaza Rhun or any capital for that matter in importance and glory.

I know making a city from scratch is not something easily done and usually wanted by most players here, but what the heck. I'm not into doing what most players would want to do anyway so I might as well try.

So, the question is, is it possible to play a Dwarven Pioneer who is traveling deep into Trothgard to find a suitable place for a seed of Dwarven civilization and ambition?

Any suggestions and tips too?
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Hi Matiel,

Trothgard is a closed area at the moment, aside for some threads going on there for a specific plot. Next to that, the Dwarven area is a specific thing in Trothgard, which is also not open for play.

With our current mod resources and player base we are not looking to open up more areas because we simply don't have the resources for that right now. We are more looking for stability in our currently open locations.

I would therefore suggest you keep this idea for another time and look at the already playable locations for now.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Matiel Escariot
Civus

Cool. Any other place would actually be fine. As I remember it was suggested that I look at the Triangle Islands for a cool starting place. I checked it out and being that Trothgard was something I checked out as a player before, I thought hey this would be cool to revisit.

Any other place in those islands that is open?
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Currently Aveas, Sierra and Dort are open for starting play. Anything else must be "discovered" in character by having a good reason to go there and a willing moderator for the plot. :wink: Good luck on your character creation. Personally, for an explorer type PC I'd put my aims on Sierra. They could use an Indiana Jones discoverer of the lost treasures of the interesting isle.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Matiel Escariot
Civus

That will have to be for another day as the character I'm going for isn't exactly the type for Indiana Jones Adventure but more on the pioneer-city building type.

Return to “Questions & Answers”