Council in the Great Hall - Jy 31st - Eveningtide - EVENT

Located on the north of Mer de la Luna is the capital of the Western Kingdom: Kings Court. Named after the fact it is the king's residence, KC was built by ancient Adhiel ancestors. The capital is surrounded by large grass fields known as the Downs.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Council in the Great Hall - Jy 31st - Eveningtide - EVENT

Post by Ashari »

All the lamps of the Great Hall were lit and the galleries open as darkness crept across the skies over the Royal Palace of Kings Court. The mood was both somber and expectant. Baron DeRohm, as acting regent, had summoned the nobles, the military leaders (such as Admiral Gaillard Padden wearing his maroon uniform), and the most influential of the Merchants and Tradesmen to council this evening. The invitation spelled out the purpose of the meeting in no uncertain terms, ‘To resolve the issue of succession’.

Chairs were set in a "U" shape three rows deep, with the opening facing an empty throne set at the end of the hall. Several paces in front of the empty throne were set two large chairs, one to either side of the throne. The one to the right of the throne reserved for Baron DeRohm, the one to the left for Bishop Lazos.

It was still somewhat early, and the dignitaries were just starting to arrive as servants scurried around checking last burn details and arrangements. Most of the servants were men - some of them rather unsightly and scarred, but they were dressed well enough and took care of their duties none-the-less.

Neither the Bishop nor the Baron had yet put in an appearance. One other noticable thing was the military presence in and around the palace - particularly guarding the Great Hall itself. They were members of the Terra West Army, lead by Commander Michel Carbonneau - he, too, had yet to arrive.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Return to “Kings Court”