Basilica - Jygust 31 - Trade Tide

Located on the north of Mer de la Luna is the capital of the Western Kingdom: Kings Court. Named after the fact it is the king's residence, KC was built by ancient Adhiel ancestors. The capital is surrounded by large grass fields known as the Downs.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Petros
Acolyte of the One

Basilica - Jygust 31 - Trade Tide

Post by Petros »

Set on its own pathway within the boulevard of temples in King's Court, stands the Basilica Dominici- the Temple of The One. Alabaster walls stand as testaments to the purity of the One True Faith. Surrounded on all sides by a tall and impressive wall, the church manages to avoid looking like a fortress- tall and elegant sculptures standing along the edges- pictures of saints and angels taken from Dominicus's dogma. An experienced clergyman might recognize the Chronicler Oren or the Cardinal Kern; Drakedoder and Berkeley. The present rain runs along the sculptures, giving them an appearance of sadness and woe, as if the saints themselves weep for the King's Court at present.

In the center of the wall there is a massive gate- ornately crafted in silver metal that is blessed to never rust, until the faith of all men within should fail. The ornate entrance is always held open- just as the arms of Dominicus himself are always open to new followers. Just within the gates is a splendid garden, lush in its greenery and vibrant in its flowers- tended by some of the most religiously devout monks to walk the face of Tazlure. Perhaps it is this devotion that allows this garden to remain pure and luminous despite the rain and cold- where all other gardens might fail. The main path leads directly forward, hedged in by the shrubs of the garden itself at waist height, leading directly toward the main chapel, the tallest building in the entire complex- smaller walkways branching off, to the less-important structures.

It is the main chapel that is most impressive, however, remarkable in its height and elegance- essentially a circular building, bound on all sides by columns and arches. There are other sculptures set in the alcoves and upon the roof, here, a tall spire stretching upward from the entire mass- spiraling into the heavens- capped in a gilded depiction of an eye, the simple of The One. In all times, the chapel is doubtless inviting- but especially so in the current rain, seeming to beckon any approaching travellers forth, into the soothing warmth it provides- the entry chamber visible behind tall doors, partially open- a fire burning within, with deep and comfortable-looking couches set just within the oversized portals. All were welcome to enter freely, especially converts.

Petros came to the Basilica both humbled and stressed. Yes the soon to be acolyte had been here yesterday, but today was different today he would be accepted into the church that served his God, the One whom he loved above all else. He was sure of his call to save and love life in the name of the One for the sake of the One. Petros said a prayer to the One and entered the Basilica. As he entered he looked for a Priest that may be able to help him, and when he found one he would approach and greet the father in the name of the One.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

When Petros entered the building his ears were assaulted by the auditory presence of a men's choir who were singing a deeply melodic chant that was over strung by the void of castrati in training, Baldassare Olivino, belted out notes with an authority that no soprano could. His voice carried high tuned notes with striking perfection and no falsetto airiness. There was an angelic quality to his song, and it rose high above that of the other men he sung with. From a distance, Petros could see him: he had short blond locks and no facial hair. His body was tall, and his arms had a quality about them that made them appear too long for his frame. Though Petros' untrained ear couldn't understand the complexity or difficulty of the piece, it was quite fantastic, and Baldassare's chest swelled at moments to such as size as it appeared it might tear through his simple robes.

Father Marcus, the first priest that Petros would come across, was a younger-looking male in his early to mid thirties with short, curly black hair and understanding brown eyes. He saw the young would-be acolyte's entrance and greeted him with a gentle voice. "Good day, son, how may I be of service?" The choir continued their pratice in the main basilica he spoke.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The music it was beautiful, and it was song so brilliantly. The young man had never heard anything so gorgeous in his entire life. Granted Petros could not sing at least he did not think he could, and he had not really heard much singing ever, but he still felt as if the One was in this music. The presence of the One which was sure to be always here in the Basilica seemed to be magnified by the sound of the song.

The soon to be acolyte was indeed taken back by the sound that seemed to be coming from a tall man in the choir. His mind shifted to him and his thoughts come to him out of nowhere. He signs so well. I wonder how he can hit all of those high notes? That is such a gift from the One to be able to produce praise in such a way as song. I wonder if he could teach me to sing, I will have to see about meeting him later.

His thoughts where broken as Father Marcus approached him.
"Good day, son, how may I be of service?"

"Greetings and blessings from the One lord our lover and creator Dominicus be to you Father." At this point Petros bowed out of respect for the office of the priest. As he came out of his bow and was standing again he continued "I was here last trade tide, and I gave confession then. I expressed interested to the Priest in the confessional that I would like to rejoin the priesthood here." The young man smiled "The Father was very kind to me and very loving. He instructed me to come today and to speak with someone. His voice was very familiar to me I feel as if I may have met him before would it be possible to see him at some point?" Petros was getting somewhat ahead of himself in asking to see the Priest from the previous night since he had not even received and affirmation of his call to rejoin the priesthood yet. Even if things did go well here Father Marcus may not even know who was in the confessional on the previous trade tide.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Father Marcus nodded understandingly, his soft dark coiling curls moving over his head as he did so. "Greetings," he responded. He'd seen the young man the day prior with the small group who'd gathered outside the confessional. "Yes, I believe I saw you - with Tyrone and Anistis, yes?" He asked. "Please, walk with me," he lifted a hand and motioned for the young man to take to his side.

"I'm not sure who was in the confessional yesterday. We take turns so that the burdens of the sins don't weigh too heavily on any one man's shoulders." Father Marcus kept a gentle pace, but one that covered a good bit of ground in a short amount of time. They were moving away from the heavenly voice of Baldassare, but there was no where in the Basilica where one couldn't hear the whisper of it like the voice of Dominicus tickling the eardrums. "But, this is absolutely the place to come to join the ranks of those in service to Dominicus. You say you'd like to join the priesthood... in what manner? As a priest of confession, or perhaps as a reader of sermons or as a healer, such as myself?" It would help Father Marcus direct him to what service of acolytes he should join.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros started walking with Father Marcus and followed where ever he led. The soon to be acolyte was still listening to the beautiful song as they walked and as he listened to the priest. The young man did not recall seeing this particular priest the previous night but he nodded as he mentioned Tyrone and Anistis. "Yes Father, I met with Anistis last night. I am eagerly awaiting his return so that I may get to know him better. I have already spent some time with Brother Tyrone, and I look forward to learning from him." Petros spoke quietly not wanted to disturb what was going on in the building.

The young man was a little disappointed to learn that Father Marcus did not know who had taken his confession, but he was sure the One would lead them together again if it were meant to be. The Priest then asked him what he would like to study. The soon to be acolyte thought about it for a second. In his previous time here he had been studying to be a reader of sermons, but he had always wanted to learn the arts of healing, so maybe that was to be his path. As Petros thought a new idea came to his mind, a new possibility, a new way. His idea may have come from Domnicus himself or it could have been the inner workings of his mind, as it was Petros was unsure. This was not one of the suggestions the priest had made to him, but what was the worst that could happen?

"Father Marcus, I have an idea of what I would like to do, but you did not mention it." Petros spoke with as much respect as possible because he did not want to offend by thinking or acting outside of the box. "Father, if it would be allowed, I would rather study Church law. I understand that they may be unusual, but these as unusual times, and I think that it would be worth it have someone versed in Church law around." As the soon to be acolyte spoke it he know that it was somewhat out of the question, and a bit unusual for a new acolyte to ask for such an assignment, but he truly hoped that his idea would be accepted. He also knew that Father Marcus may not be able to make a decision like this and his idea may have to be present to others Petros would speak to whom ever he had to, and if the Church turned down this request he would take that as the will of the One, and he would work at whatever he was given to do with all of his heart.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Church law?" Father Marcus was surprised by this. He'd not been approached for that sort of study in his tenure as a priest. "I believe I'll need to speak to Bishop Lazos about that, for I'm not entirely familiar with the procedure," Marcus considered. "But, I do know that you need to be a priest to follow that path." He continued to walk with Petros at his side.

"You do realize that the life of a man of the cloth is one of service, both to Dominicus and to His people. I find I get the most out of it by working with the people, and guiding them to His light. As a minister in Church Affairs such as Church Law you are much removed from the people... you will spend your time in the library, studying and writing." It certainly wasn't the life for Marcus... but that wasn't to say that this new recruit wouldn't be looking for something as mundane.

"Either way, in preparation you will need to do your acolyte training, which will give you much time to decide what your path to the One is." The pair walked under a large arch and into another area of the Basilica where they were granted a small measure of privacy. He motioned toward a pew and took a seat himself. "So still, in your training, you'll need to chose a field of service, be it sermonizing, healing or confessional." He said simply.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros was not surprised by Father Marcus's response after all the field of church law was not studied very frequently, and when it was it was done it was done so by older members of the clergy who had experience working with people, and in the church for some time. In his head the young man assumed that experience must be necessary to put the law of the church into context. He would have to do something else, and the priest was right after he spent time with the people he may not want to study church law. I shall give it time, and pray, Dominicus in His wisdom will guide me. Petros listened to Father Marcus's loving rebuke and shook his head in understanding he smiled of course the priest was correct.

As the priest offered a seat the young man slide into the pew. Once again the young man went into a deep state of thought. Dominicus, show your love, and guide me in this I want to do your will, I want you to be proud of me my LORD. "Father Marcus, thank you for your patients. You of course are right I want to be with the people and minister to the poor. How could I do that going right into church law? I could not, and I would only serve myself if I did. I am sorry for even suggesting such a thing. It is my goal to serve the poor with love as much as I am able. I think the best way for me to do that would be by healing. So that is what I choose to learn how to heal."

Petros bowed his head and again prayer I know you are here my LORD please be within me as I do what you have called me to do. Dominicus, you are my love, I wish only what you wish.
Last edited by Petros on Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"It is a divine path - healing," Father Marcus began, for it had been his calling as well. From within the folds of his robe the priest withdrew a narrow wax tablet to which a long fat piece of white bone was attached by a cord. "Your name?" He asked, and prepared to inscribe it to the short list which contained a few other writings which Petros couldn't make out. Marcus' handwriting was of a deep penetrating variety, and held a boldness that was noticeable when writing the young acolyte's name.

"You are hereby taken into the service of the One, son," he said, folding the tablet away as if it had never been there. "You will serve here, at the Basilica, as required, and will also spend time at the Church on the Water, which is in the poor district, and perhaps the Abbey where I divide my time, as these are all good opportunities for learning the craft of healing through the faith in the One."

"Do you have any knowledge of healing now? Of ailments or of simple techniques for staunching a wound or preventing infection?" While it could sometimes take divine intervention to save a life, many times, it was the mundane which would do the trick, and Petros would have to learn them both if he meant to be an effective healer.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The new acolyte was pleased with his choice of the healing way, and was glad to be in this place with Father Marcus who had been where he was going. It was a comfort to know someone would be there to help and guild him. Yes he had Tyrone, but Petros was pretty sure that Tyrone was not a healer, and although he was glad to take in whatever theological advice the monk had to offer, the young acolyte was sure that it would be nice to have another healer to teach and be with him.

Petros was somewhat taken aback when Father Marcus asked his name because he was sure that he had already given it to the Father. He must not have or he must want my last name. "Father, My full name is Petros Eleison." The new acolyte answer obediently. The acolyte listened as the older Father explained what type of work he would be doing and where. Petros started to get excited as he heard the type of work that he would be doing, and he could not wait to get started.

The Father Marcus asked the young man if he had any prior experience in healing. The new acolytes face went a bit red. He was somewhat embarrassed because he did not know anything about healing. "Father Marcus I am sorry to tell you that I have no past in healing. I wish that I knew even the slightest thing on the matter, but I do not. It seems that I am a clean slate for you and others to teach me the art of healing."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"That is perfectly fine," Marcus said soothingly. There was a calm that resonated from him, as if his very aura commanded that those around him be at ease. Even now, Petros could feel it working deep within him, in a place that he had never been entirely aware of, the core of his faith, which Marcus somehow touched with a mere smile and a hand that patted over Petros' with humble affection.

"Most who come to the service are untrained, but you come with faith my son, and that is enough. You will learn, and you will become a good instrument of Dominicus." At this the father wrote Petros' full name on the wax tablet, quite prepared to add it to more official documentation at a later time.

Rising up from the pew the Father indiciated that the newly accepted acolyte should follow him. "Let us go gather you proper clothing, shall we? And we also should find you a proper room here in the Basilica. With that, he started again with his swift steps that lead them deeper into the church until they were out of the main portion where the populace was allowed to mingle and into the private areas where those of the clergy gathered. He brought him first into a storage room where he procured a stack of two robes, light pants, a tunic and wooden soled clogs which were placed on top. He also added a bronze chain off of which hung a bronze version of the Eye of Dominicus.

"Come, then," the Father said, and they left the store room toward the private rooms. A long hallway presented itself. "Tyrone has a room down this alley," he said with a smile. "So, it won't be difficult for the two of you to pray together. I find it's best to practice with your friends. It makes your faith stronger. He left the church a short time ago on an errand. He should return this evening." Marcus opened a door onto which a number 5 was hung, denoting which room it was. "Here you are," it was a small room, with two beds in it, though it seemed rather unoccupied of personal possessions.

"There is a trunk there," he pointed to the foot of the bed. "Where you may place your things." The father smiled. "I believe the bed on the right is being taken by Baldassare, but you're quite welcome to the one on the left. Baldassare is a singer in the choir, though he isn't a member of the clergy per-se, but he is a devout man, and the Bishop very much admires his capable singing, so he's been allowed to stay here. I'm sure you'll get along well, he is a very nice young man." Father Marcus smiled. "I have some paperwork to get done to figure out where you're to be assigned in the morning. You might spend some time admiring the Basilica itself, as well as getting to know it's areas. There is a dining hall down this hallway to the left, and meals are served at first mark morningtide, noontide and second mark eveningtide.

"Do you have any questions before I depart?"
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The new acolyte was immediately at ease when Father Marcus spoke. Some how Petros knew that the priest had what was best for him in mind. He also took comfort in the older man's words that he was not the only one without healing experience. He would be taught for it was the will of the One.

Although Petros had learned that doubting the One could be dangerous he was a little worried about himself when Father Marcus told him he would be a "good" instrument of Dominicus. The young man had doubts, but did not wish to directly address those doubts at this time. Was what went on this morning tide good, and what about his own participation in those events? Was he good? Again, inside of the young man their were those troublesome sounds that he could not completely hear, but he knew of their presence. The will of the One must be served. Which voice was that? The acolyte was unsure now it was not anger or diminishing, it wasn't shouting. It seemed to be just stating a fact.

The some what confused young man rose as the priest did and followed him. Petros made a mental map as they went keeping track of where he had entered the building to where they had gone and now to his room. He also made several mental notes as Father Marcus told him where the meals where served and at what times. The new acolyte was glad to be near Tyrone although he was still unsure where he stood with Tyrone after the morning they had in the Sinners Square. "Yes, I look forward to getting to know Tyrone, and praying with him more."

Petros had gladly accepted the gifts that had been given to him. As the entered the room the young man placed these new belongs down on his bed. He also put the Eye of Dominicus around his neck. I am yours and I will do your will. "I look forward to meeting my new roommate. He was the one singing loudly when I first entered wasn't he. I had wanted to meet him and now I will be able to do so." Father Marcus then got ready to depart from the excited new acolyte "When do I start learning, and who do I report to and where? Do I have any responsibilities that I have to take care of today?" After Father Marcus answered Petros would wish him a good day in the name of the One and let him leave.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"You may report to the main hall in the morning, after your prayers. You have no responsibilities for tonight - merely make yourself comfortable." Marcus said with a genuine smile. "Get a good night's rest tonight, your training begins tomorrow."

When he asked about his room mate, the priest nodded. "Yes - he is in the choir. It is likely his voice rose high above the others - but... how did you know that? Have you heard of him already? His reputation preceeds him." He smiled. Baldassare had a reputation for a number of things, but Petros would learn that in time.

Once he'd left Petros was alone. His room was simple, there was one window between the beds, and beside the furniture already described, there was a small basin for washing and a brass mirror hung above it for shaving. Aside from that, the room was devoid of personal possessions - that is, excepting for Baldassare's trunk, which, as Petros gave a look around, was slightly open, though only a crack.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

"Thank you again Father, you have been most helpful." Petros slightly lowered his head in respect for the older priest and watched him leave the room. The new acolyte took a deep breath and looked around the room, his room. That would probably take sometime to get used to. As the young man scanned the room he saw the that the top Baldassare's truck was slightly open. The age old question to look or not to look. In some ways this defined who you were as a person. If you looked it meant that you did not respect the privacy of others, but to not look was to deny that sense of adventure that flowed within the blood. Curiosity, that tiny voice in the back of your head. Always present always whispering jump, jump... Always at the edge you have to know. Jump, jump....The curiosity how could one deny such a thing.

You know you want to...open it...go on take the leap...fall.... With that and no other thought of consequences or morality Petros walked to the other side of the room and gently opened the trunk the rest of the way. The need to know, to get to know his new roommate had taken over. It may have been wrong, but he did not care at least not for the current moment he was only interested in one thing, and that was to see, to look, to know, to fall.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Baldassare's trunk opened effortlessly. There was no squeak of the hinges or creak of the wood to signify a warning from Dominicus that what he was doing was wrong in any way. How wrong was it, though - to look? He didn't intend to take anything. What was the harm in a peek to get to know his very close neighbor? If his God didn't approve He didn't show signs of it.

Inside the crate itself was very tidy. The left side had a robe that very closely matched the one that Petros had been granted except this one had a pattern of scroll work along the hem at the chest and also at the bottom. It was in a cream colored embroidery thread, and matched the one the Baldassare had been wearing while singing. This was the standard choir wear. They all matched.

On the right hand side of the trunk was some other clothes. These were much more opulent fabrics. They'd been purchased at Audrey's Otherwear, though Petros would have no way of knowing that. All he could tell was that they were expensive. The one that was on the top was a silk vest of light blue with white accents on the trim and pockets. Directly below it was a soft white long sleeved shirt. There was certainly more within the large trunk, as these few items were at the very top, and, as he looked, it was due to an edge of the robe that the trunk had been unable to close in the first place.

If he wanted to learn more about Baldassare he'd have to keep digging.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

See just normal stuff, noting to look at here. The thought went through the young man's head as he looked at the top layer of Baldassare's things. Petros started to close the trunk, but he had not really learned anything; he hadn't seen anything. Go ahead, look some more, there is more for you to see. Was there really? There was only one way to find out and that was to dig down to see what was under the surface. But was it right? The young man passed and looked around. There had been no sounds coming from the hall, and the trunk itself made no complaint about being opened. Maybe this was a good way to get to know his roommate, but maybe it was also the will of Dominicus. There was only one way to know, and he would know.

Petros carefully pushed past the first layer to look further in. Before he moved anything he took a mental picture of what the inside of the trunk looked like so he could put Baldassare's stuff back the way it was. He wouldn't want him to know he had looked that could cause some problems. This would be his little secret. I must know
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Baldassare's belongings were carefully arranged in the trunk, but they were just clothes. It would be unlikely to assume that anything would be obviously misplaced so long as he didn't try to unfold the clothing. Moving past the first layer of clothing Petros was presented a layer of books, the first of which was a Book of the One, the second a Book of Sands which Petros might recognize from his reading at the Lady Debrona's residence the night prior. The book beneath those two, though, was a book labeled Poems with no further inscription or authorship listed. Beside the books there were a few different styles of shoes, likely to match up with the different styles of clothing that Baldassare had.

If he wanted to see what was beneath the books and shoes he'd have to do some more moving of objects to get to what was in the rest of the large trunk.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

As Petros dug deeper he found nothing. Everything in the trunk thus far was ordinary one might even say that this stuff was boring. What had the young acolyte expected? This was a faithful man, as Petros himself was, why would there be anything interesting in this trunk? If someone were to search his own trunk they would find the acolyte to be very boring himself. I suppose I will have to get to know Baldassare anouther way. As this thought came to mind Petros found the Poetry book. maybe this was Baldassare's poetry? The acolyte opened the book. If it was written by someone else the young man would continue his search of the trunk, however if it were poetry written by the singer himself then Petros would take a few second to read through some of it to see what was written there.

When he finished with the book Petros would dig deeper. The acolyte was still feeling curious, but at this moment he felt more invincible then anything else. He would continue because he could. This may not be right, but he had already started what harm could there be in finishing up, and no one would ever have to know. The young man did feel a twinge of guilt and promised himself that he would pray for forgiveness later.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

It was a hand-written book, Petros would notice as he thumbed through the pages, which was interspersed with sketches of nude or otherwise scantily clad women. Attention to the poems themselves would reveal a scandalous nature as well, the first of which being:

Baldassare's Poetry Book wrote:Oh love, how your petals bloom!
Let us pretend that I am your groom
There at your bedside, for your first night
Of passion by naught but candle light.

Removed your white chemise.
I shall kiss you like the breeze.
Soft and warm, but fleeting fast
For we both know this cannot last.

By mornings light your husband comes
Returned from away with his chums
But we shall not think of that now
For I shall taste the sweat on your brow.

I will sample your smooth sweet skin
And then go on a journey within
The embrace of your tender arms
How could a man resist your charms?

I cannot and could not.
No matter if there's a chance of being caught
For your touch is worth the gamble
Even if after I must onward amble.

Give me just one kiss my dear
Just the one, I am sincere
Though if you wish it, kiss again
Invite me in so that I might remain.

No pillow is softer than that of your breast
And it is there I wish to rest
With your hand on my shoulder
In my heart you will never grow older

Come, my tender little rose
Let me show you how love grows
For your man will never give you
What I know is long overdue

Show me that these feelings are real
So that I might teach your heart to heal
Wear tomorrow in your long dark hair
A yellow flower braided with care

At night I will come to your window sill
Climb inside and stay by your side until
Morning tears us apart
Only to do the very same to my heart.

On the opposing page to this initial entry was a beautiful portrait of a young woman with long, luxurious brown hair into which a daisy was braided. Her lips were parted as if to kiss whomever had drawn her.

Behind Petros the door to their room swung open without knock. For, why would one knock on his own door. Standing with his tall frame in the doorway, Baldassare stared down at the young man who was his new roomate as he rooted through his personal belongings. His large olive green eyes had grown in size as he scanned from his trunk to the young man seated before it and the book of poetry he'd been busy reading. "What in the nether are you doing?" Though it could've been easily said with much ire, it wasn't. Baldassare had remained cool. Even at rest his voice was of a high octave, though not so much as to sound womanly. Merely, it wasn't the deep bass of many men's voices. Rather, it was comforting to the ear in it's even-ness.
Last edited by Ashari on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

As the young man read the poem he blushed a bit. He had never heard anyone speak like this before, or read anything like this. It was scandalous, and Petros was not as much of a prude as either of his brothers Tyrone and Anistis, but this was still a bit much for the new acolyte. The pictures made it worse for the youth, and he started to shake a bit as he finished the poem. It was at this point that his roommate returned.

"What in the nether are you doing?"

If it had been just about anyone Petros would have been terrified, but Baldassare did not sound angry, and his voice was calming almost beautiful. The young man was not terrified by the voice of his new roommate, although he was a bit embarrassed to be discovered reading such dirty poetry. The acolyte took a breath smiled and turned around to face the man who had just entered the room.

Petros walked from where he was to the other side of the room and held out the book to Baldassare. "I would think it would be obvious. I am reading poetry."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Baldassare took the book from the young man with a gentle frown. He didn't enjoy his privacy being invaded. "So.. you're my room mate. You're nosey," he said. If anyone was nose-y it was the singer. His profile displayed a large beak very typical of men from World's Mouth, though his skin tone was very fair for the locale. His voice held tinges of the accent of the city, but he'd spent enough time in King's Court for it not to be so prominent.

Flicking to the first page where Petros had been reading Baldassare smiled. "Ahh, yes... how fitting you read the first poem first." Probably for the best as well... he didn't get to the real meaty stuff yet. This can be smoothed over. Poor prude, he's probably quite uncomfortable with the subject matter. "Will you pray for my forgiveness, brother?" He asked. A sparkling was in his olive eyes. It was highly likely the young man was enjoying his roomate's discomfort. "What did you think of the poem? Did you feel more alive for reading it?"

Baldassare crossed the room and sat on his bed. He gave a quick glance to his neatly disarranged belongings but didn't move to put them away.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros smirked when Baldassare called him nosey. "Yeah I suppose I am" He said as he smiled. The young acolyte was surprised when the other man asked him to pray for his sins. After all the acolyte was the one who had just done wrong by looking at this man's things without his permission and here was his roommate asking him to pray for him. The smile dropped from Petros's face and his eyes displayed confusion.

"I will pray for you if that is what you desire, but I am unsure that you are in need of forgiveness. Your poetry is certainly of an interesting nature, but I do not think it is sinful to feel this way. Unless of course this poem describes actual events? Then you might need forgiveness." This was said more like a statement then a question. Petros did not want Baldassare to expand of his sexual endeavors, however Baldassare could interpret this statement as interest in those endeavors.

"As for what I thought about your work? It was interesting... I might go as far to say that it was good. It did make me feel a bit uncomfortable, but there are plenty of people that would like this work." Petros sat down on his bed across from Baldassare.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The castrati singer grinned at Petros' confusion. There was a certain glee that he felt in making the acolytes both uncomfortable and unsure. Perhaps that was why he wasn't able to keep a room mate for more than a week at a time. They always seemed to request different placement, or worse, leave the service. Baldassare thought them to be too simple to follow the tenets of the One. He considered himself Dominicus' walking test.

"No, if I thought I had sinned I would pray for myself. I am my own ticket to salvation. One can only pray for one's own forgiveness, non?" A particularity of those from World's Mouth gave him to the additional word at the end of the question. It was said in an innocent and curious sort of way, one that begged of response and to hear Petros' ideas on the subject. "Do you think that another person can pray to Dominicus, and through those prayers absolve them?" He asked further with inquiring olive eyes.

To Petros' question about whether or not the poem was a telling of actual events the young man had to laugh. When he did his face was beautiful, and bright and his laughter was melodic and the sort that inspired one to laugh along - contagious. He didn't suggest whether it was just a writing of fancy or a biographical account, rather leaving it to the acolytes fertile imagination. If he really wants to know he'll ask again. He figured.

"Uncomfortable? What made you feel uncomfortable about it?" The singer's mirth shifted to great interest.

Return to “Kings Court”