Dragon's Den - Jygust 31st - Late Morningtide

Located on the north of Mer de la Luna is the capital of the Western Kingdom: Kings Court. Named after the fact it is the king's residence, KC was built by ancient Adhiel ancestors. The capital is surrounded by large grass fields known as the Downs.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Dragon's Den - Jygust 31st - Late Morningtide

Post by Ashari »

Dragon's Den wrote:Where the Docks end and Sailor's Boulevard, the residential area overlooking Mer de la Luna, began, The Dragon's Den did its business in King's Court. It was a large, three story building, constructed of stone and wood. Balconies ran alongside the second floor. A red dragon, breathing fire and protecting a treasure, decorated the sign that slowly swayed in the wind.

The most famous feature of the inn was its floating terrace. Essentially a large raft, moored to the shore, it served as a place to eat pancakes or drink a beverage. The terrace was very popular on sunny days. The Den had a number of rooms for rent. Those that didn't care much for luxury, would find nice, tidy lodgings at the inn.

Pancakes are the Den's speciality, hence the nickname Pete's Pancake Palace. Guests could order the delicacy with a wide variety of toppings. Of course, "normal" food was served as well.

Peter Throckmorton owned and exploited the inn. He was a giant of a man with a thick red beard. His booming voice carried far and he used it a lot, giving orders to his staff. He could be found everywhere on the premises. Sometimes in the kitchen, pep talking his cooks into better performances and sometimes on the floating terrace, inquiring about the needs of his guests. He was always cheerful, his booming laughing spreading through the establishment.

Being as well known as it was for it's pancakes, the Dragon's Den was generally well filled in the morningtide, and today was no different. Many of the booths in the inner dining room were taken up, as well as the seats at the bar and tables out on the terrace, though there remained a few of each so that new arrivals had a choice of any of the above.

Plenty of wenches moved between tables - eager to take the orders, and a buxom brunette found her way over to Gavin and Syra once they'd gottem themselves comfortable. "G'mornin tide, strangers. What can I get you this morning?" She sniled pleasantly while adjusting a tray covered in empty tankards and placing a hand one one of her hips.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn did not stop to think about any likes or dislikes -a fault she might perhaps come to regret- and smiled at the maid. "Two ale an some easy pancakes please! An ya still got a room to spare?" A quick look at Gavin once she realized that asking for one room was perhaps not done in a city, even if they had spent more than one night awake and sleeping in close proximity of each other.

Of course the fact that not being close to each other could have cost them both their lives during those nights was something to keep in mind, but it's necessity was probably lost on the waiting girl.

Bluff.

With a polite smile Syrawenn nodded, indicating this was all.

Ow man, stop drooling. The smell was quite enough to feel hungry even if she had not just come through the gates.

"So, this is where I spawned. Whatcha think?" The girl was curious about his reactions. Somehow it was important to see what he'd notice, what he'd say.

Besides, it was the perfect way to cover up how insanely nervous she was about bringing him here to her home city.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

There was little he could do, but chuckle at that particular question, and so Gavin simply let Syrawenn babble on, nodding in approval at last. “Oh, we will definitely do some barging in, but not when things could get real nasty real soon. Barge in only when you can actually do some damage before being whacked real bad.” Then the scent of food reached his nostrils too and stomach rumbled in response. “I wonder if they have some roast, cause anything else won’t appease this particular beast.” He patted his belly and followed Syrawenn into the Den.

"And some meat for me, on top of that pancakes. Well not on top, but you get the picture." The room thing was never an issue, and he did not even blink at that part of the order. He took in the sights in one long, sweeping gaze and motioned towards the terrace with his chin. "I think the terrace looks nice. As for what I think of this place....." With a grin he leaned down and tightened the straps on the shin guards of his armor. "I think I'll have to keep my shins covered in steel at all times." There was a wink and then a casual hand upon Syrawenn' back urged her to move towards the terrace already in the hope that their food will arrive faster that way.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

It was weird.
There was no denying it.
It was so incredibly weird to be walking around here with this bearded fellow in the neighbourhood and just knowing he wasn't going to disappear. The way he asked for some meat, the way his hand rested on her back, it made the girl feel slightly lightheaded.

So this is what it feels like in the real world. She thought, feeling warm inside. This is what it's like to trust someone. Just havin him around. Knowin someone is around. An now there's no one else around we have to keep in mind. Just him an me. Heh.

Her mind wandered towards the fact that they had a room for two now, without the need to keep watch... She swallowed the giggle that almost escaped and grinned instead, approving of Gavin's route towards the terrace.
And the placing of his hand.

"Hey now, if ya behave I won't have reason to kick." She defended herself, poking him. "Besides, yer likin it, admit it!"

She took a good look at the other customers, trying to conjur up faces from the yahren back. When she left, she'd been a fugitive, nothing but a little pickpocket with troubling dreams. She had returned a baroness, even if still with a series of dreams she needed to figure out.

"Let's hope we don't need that to actually make an impression back home..." She mumbled, then spoke up louder: "I see a spot! Come on!" And quickly the girl moved towards an empty table. Once safely seated, she smiled at Gavin, trying to hide her nerves. "I'm glad we found yer mom back after the madness. She's a good one, ain't she? I mean...like really strong an all that."

It was the safe route towards figuring out what had him going back out in the streets.

An if that don't work, I get out the wooden mallet!
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I'll ask about what rooms we have available," the wench returned jovially. "As to the food, consider it right up. It's cheaper by the pitcher than by the tankard for cider and mead and ale, but whichever you'd prefer, miss. And fella, we have some savory pancakes if you'd like it, with sliced ham and cheese sauce. Miss, you'd be having the sweet ones with fruit or syrup?" Once her questions were answered the young woman turned on her heel and meandered over to the next table where she dropped off two tankards and picked up an empty bowl from bread.

On the terrace the noble couple had a view of the expansive harbor of King's Court, as well as the gentle rolling waves of the Mer. For Syra, this would bring the most swelling feeling of home. The sea breeze and sound of waves licking at the rocks was enough to bring her right back to scampering around the city streets lifting coin purses and escaping the attention of the guards. Gavin would find the city much like any other, but not being caught up in the nostalgia it was easier for him to notice that there were no ships docked in the harbor. They maintained a generous distance from the shoreline and most had dropped anchor in the bay, lowering their sails and getting used to the idea that they couldn't make port until tomorrow.

Around them, the dining room was fairly full, but there were no familiar faces for Syra. Instead, she had the company of Gavin to keep her entertained until their food arrived, which likely wouldn't take long, as the Pancake Palace had a name to keep up, and it was one of quick service with a smile.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

“Pffft, I was not worried ‘bout you. But, if you spawned here, others might be nasty. I can’t see their kicks from miles away.” He grinned and directed a poke at her ribs, happy to still be wearing the armor and thus be protected from retaliation to a certain degree. Gavin knew better than to ask Syra to repeat what she just mumbled, trusting that once she wanted him to hear something she would say it out loud, or more likely yell at the top of her lungs, thus making the world at large privy to the fact she wanted to share. And it suited him just fine.

“Pitcher of ale for me and something for the lady.” The grin he threw her way just begged for a sarcastic remark on her part, a twinkle in bearded man’s eyes, making it look like all this was a carefully laid trap that she would spring with that remark. “And then meat pancakes will do.” He slumped into the chair, though some care was taken, Gavin knowing how heavy armor was and how much damage it could do to furniture, and when the question came he turned to face the girl asking it and arched a single brow up, puzzled at how he had not seen it coming. “She learned to be strong after my father left us. Hard to raise a son after you have been a judge’s wife and did not earn anything yourself in quite a while and then suddenly it is all gone.” He paused there, a corner of his lips curling up, wondering if she would pry more. “I’ll go take a look around the city later. Wanna get a feel for it again. See if I can learn anything ‘bout your folks that could help.”
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Ow, geez, I gotta work on that predictable part then..." A wrinkle formed just over her nose as the girl pondered on how to get a kick in unnoticed. Besides, it was a nice little distraction from the mumbling. She wasn't sure why her mouth opened every time she thought. It would be so much more practical to keep it shut when she wasn't ready to speak out loud. Besides, it looked a lot less stupid too.

Gavin's answer was not much of a surprise, yet the fact that he answered was. Syra noticed the expectant smile.

"Well... ya plannin on gettin into trouble on yer own or can anyone join?" She tilted her head, not at all fond of the idea of having the guy walk through the streets without her.

Annnnd what exactly would you add if there WAS trouble? He can take care of himself!

"Blegh..." A hand clapped in front of her mouth.

FIRST think, THEN open mouth!

"Well yeah, but she really adapted, right? I mean..." The youngster spread her arms, gesturing to underline her story. "If ya look at how people treat her an how she treats people, then there's gotta be a lotta respect goin on, ya know? An that only happens when everyone's satisfied with the job she's doin. So that's pretty damn amazin...an I think that she was always strong. Gotta be with a dad like yers. An a son like you. I mean...how were they together?"

Innocent...keep it innocent, heh.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Unaware that his tease was taken seriously, Gavin was sure to pay for that cockiness later on when a kick came out of nowhere and he started cursing and swearing due to the pain. “Well, I was planning on just wandering a bit, see if I can learn something important from people that don’t know me. I been here before, so I can blend in easy. So, since you are from these parts, you are free to join me or if you want go do somethin’ else. To be honest I did not think about whether I wanted tog o alone or with company. All the same, really.” He grinned, unable to resist the tease. “With you around trouble might be a bit more likely to come, and that’s always good.”

So, you are really curious, ain’t ya? It would have been an entirely different matter if the person asking all those questions about Gavin’s past had been anyone but Syrawenn. She was trusted and she could know. She deserved to know. “Oh, I think she was always strong, but dd not have to be before he left. You know, she was relaxed and happy and did not need to fight. Bad thing being that she was not relaxed ever since.” He sighed and stared over the railing. “But, what if that ain’t the best thing? Like having two fires instead of one. Two fires warm well and from two sides. And then when one was taken away you have to stoke the other bigger. So it burns faster and turns to ashes sooner.” Gone was any semblance fo a smile, Gavin not even looking at Syra as he spoke, lost in thoughts. “I remember them being happy together. Not sure what was true back then. I keep doubting everything I knew. If he lied about one thing, I can’t be sure he did not lie about everything. And mom, she has been fighting ever since. I think she is trying to prove she can do without him. To prove that he did not taint her. And he did not and people don’t doubt no more, but she does. So she burns herself up.”
Draggo Blacksun
Civus

Post by Draggo Blacksun »

At first sight of the Dragons Den, Draggo knew he'd like the place. The sign out the front, the water lapping at the shore, the shear size of the place. All of it said come in, sit down, relax and have a good meal while your here.

Sargeant Wilthrope said that he'd might find some emplyers here, if anywhere. But it wouldn't do to slide up to a merchant or noble looking like a something dragged from the battlefield. So he needed to rent a room, get cleaned up and then start to mingle. Draggo spotted one of the many serving wenches, finishing up taking the orders from a couple. She was hastening back to the kitchen, when he intercepted her.

"Sorry to hold you here, but I was wondering if you have any rooms to rent." Draggo asked after stepping into her path. The couple in question appeared to be deeply enjoying each others company, So Draggo figured he could get away with diverting the maids attention for a moment.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Pfff, like yer such an innocent, mister hunter!" Syrawenn grinned, putting the emphasis on the strange occupation Gavin had given at the gates. This was fun. Silly perhaps, but fun. Just sitting here, planning and a lot of commenting that would probably have landed her in a barbrawl or a feast of apologies had she tried it with anyone else.

Yet the grinning made room for a frown when she listened to the follow up on her questions.

Dunno if I coulda done that.
The girl thought to herself. Dunno if I'da been strong enough to continue to care. What a woman...

There was admiration in her face, quickly followed by worry. "But if she don't ever take it easy, I mean...uhm..."

Ah, great move, make him worry more. Geez girl, WHAT did we agree upon about thinkin an talkin?

"I dunno about happiness." She quickly continued. "But even if he lied about that, she musta been true, so in a way she did have some good times, ya know? Even if he lied...even if it wasn't true fer him, it was still true fer her an...an that gives her some times she can remember with a smile, yea? An if she keeps doubtin...I dunno."

Shit.

That hit home.
It was as if the youngster was listening to an abbreviated version of the dreams she'd had. Burning up because of eternal doubts, needing to prove something that others had no need of.

I can't grow into that future. I can't! I gotta play this smart, do it better. But I gotta find an answer. Gotta help somehow, right? So how do you go about solvin this one?

"Gavin..." Another frown wrinkled her nose. "Ya think she'll ever really trust someone again?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The wench paused as Draggo pulled at her attention. She swiftly surveyed his form with her eyes and found herself smiling for the journey as she finally met his gaze and listened to his request. "Why yes, so far as I know we've another room or two to rent," she said with a charming smile that was well suited to her trade.

Giving a quick look over her shoulder she pointed to the table that was behind the chatting couple. It was the same size as their's - one fit for two persons with two chairs across from one another and gave a beautiful view of the emptied harbor. "Go ahead and grab yourself a seat, and I'll go see what we've got," she finished and then departed to head into the kitchen. "Oh! Will you be wanting any food or drink?" The wench asked before he could walk too far away.
Draggo Blacksun
Civus

Although he had already had taken breakfast out beyond the city, the smells of the freshly cooked pancakes were to great a temptation. "ooh, just a small plate of those wonderful scented pancakes, and a jug of cold apple cider if you have any. Please." Draggo asked, after a moments indecision.

"And, thankyou. For your patience." he added before heading of to the table she had mentioned. Draggo thought to himself, 'what a cheerful young flower, to cross his path so early in the morning. Things in the city are definitely looking up.'

As he sat down he looked out over the bay, he could see the harbourmen working dilligently on the docks, a couple of children fishing off an abandond pier and a few sea birds casually floating by. A scene of a calm city, strangly at odds with what greeted him at the main gates. 'Oh well, civilisation will always be a mystery.' Draggo thought. It was then he started to overhear parts of the neighbouring table's conversation. It seemed that the two there were good friends. Though from the sounds of it, recently made so.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The wench, having gone to the kitchen, the desk and then back came into the dining room with a platter heavy with food for one table, which she dropped and drinks for two others. To Gavin and Syra she gave their drinks. "We've a room for the pair of you, miss," she retrieved from the pocket of her apron a large brass key with a red ribbon attached to it. "Here you go. Room number three, it's got a red door, upstairs. I think it's the second door on the right, but.. I'm not quite sure. I bet you can figure it out ok, though," she smiled. "Anything else I can get you for now?" She waited until one of them answered before departing for Draggo's table to drop off the last thing on her tray.

"Hi there, here you are," she placed the cider on the table and removed a key from her apron, this one a brass key with a blue ribbon. "Room four, has a blue door.. it's on the left side of the hallway upstairs. Your pancakes should be out in just a burn," she gave him a warm smile, and then glanced around the room to see if she'd be needed. No one waved or yelled, so she remained, placing a hand on her hip. "Mind if I ask you, stranger, are you new to this town?"
Draggo Blacksun
Civus

Draggo quickly poured himself a mug from the jug of cider the wench had returned with, right after pocketing the brass key. She was a pretty thing, so he gave her his full attention as she told him of his room's location.

He smiled a half smile when she asked if he was new in town. "Well..." Draggo started, using the pause to swig down the cool refreshing drink and give the room a quick glance to see if others wanted the wenches
attention. "I'd be better able to tell you, if you could sit and share a sip with me." Draggo added while finishing the other half of that smile. Then he stopped as a thought struck him. "Thats if it won't get you into any trouble?"

He then poured another drink and began to sip it, to savour the flavour this time.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The wait for Gavin's answer was interrupted by the waitress coming by. Syrawenn nodded her thanks and took the key. "Thanks. I think we'll manage to find it. An if not, ye'll hear lotsa yellin from upstairs cause we prolly barged into the wrong room."

She could not hide a grin.

As key number four was handed out, the girl looked around to see the occupant of the neighbouring table. It wasn't such a bad idea to know who was sleeping right next to you, especially in a place like King's Court and especially at a time like this.

She heard his invitation to the waitress and wrinkled her nose. Ah, one of them. Wonder if he's a city boy or not. Prolly not, seein how he thinks a busy place like this can afford to loose a maid to chattin durin workin hours. Wonder how she'll brush him off.

Her eyes quickly went over Draggo, trying to determine a little more from his stance and outfit. It would be very interesting to see if he was carrying any obvious weaponry. It would be even more interesting if she managed to pull it off without him noticing her looks.
Draggo Blacksun
Civus

As he swirled the cider around in his mouth, Draggo soon had the impression that he was being watched. Not sure of the intent of the eyes watching him, Draggo instinctively lowered his hand slowly to his sword. Still peace bonded in its short sheath. Grateful in the knowledge, that the knot could be undone with but a flick of the wrist. It was then that he spotted out of the corner of his eye, the young street rat, who was studying him. One of the couple sitting at the table next to his.

Draggo felt rather foolish. There was no threat there, atleast no obvious threat. Well to his life any way, his purse he was not too sure about. She was also a pretty thing, or atleast had the makings of one. 'No, too young.' Draggo thought. 'Give her a few years to ripen on the vine, a bath, some appropriate clothes and she'll make a nice little bed warmer.' Draggo smiled as he thought. His smile faded when he caught a glance at her compainion. He maybe young as well, but there was a fire burning in that one. Controlled, carefully banked, but a fire none the less. The boy reminded him to much of himself at that age, and that was not a good thing. 'Mind your manners Draggo, your in the city not some wayside tavern.' he childed himself mentally.
Last edited by Draggo Blacksun on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The waitress giggled at the young girl's feisty comment. "Why yes, if we hear any shouting we'll know it's you - you and you're companion," here, she gave him a knowing look and supressed a smirk. No, it was no unusual for a man and woman to request a room together at the Dragon's Den, it was just unusual for them to ask so early in the day. Afternoon lovers, she figured.

Syra could see the warrior's weapon just as easily as Draggo could see that he was being watched.

The server, however, was quite unaware of the silent exchange between the Baroness and the sword hand. Instead, her attention was merely on him and his invitation to join him at his table. "I'm sorry, honey, but I don't get off for another half mark, work til noontide today, longer if they'll have me stay. Girl like me's got to make her living, doesn't she?" She gave him a wink. The cider was strong but sweet. "Maybe, though.. when you're all done with your food and I'm all done with my work we could have a chat?" He was good looking and able bodied, two things she appreciated in a man.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

A reply to Syrawenn’s question was not an easy one and the silence would have lasted even without the interruption, the waitress only giving him an excuse to pretend the question never came. he tall warrior never truly thought about his mother’s trust, always having her on his side before. Now, there was someone else who would need her trust and it was important that Liana and Syrawenn get along.

He caught the interest Syra showed in the guy at the next table, arching a brw, but not turning, trusting that she would give him a warning if needed. It was only then that the conversation registered on his mind and with a slight frown the bearded man relaxed slightly. “Let’s see if the pancakes are as good as you said. Holdin’ you personally responsible.” While those words came, his eyes sought Syra’s quietly asking if he should be worried or truly relax.
Draggo Blacksun
Civus

"Another good reason to stay at this Inn." Draggo said to the lovely serving wench, as he raised his mug in mock salute and gave a beaming smile.

Draggo had taken note of what the wench had said to the couple. He doubted that they where lovers, but then he reasoned, he'd been wrong before. So he held his tongue. After all, their 'business' was their business.

The way the young woman, at the other table, was trying to look casual while sizing him up. Draggo figured that she might be looking at him as a potential mark. 'Well' he thought, 'It's time to halt that wagon before it gets rolling.'

Turning slightly in his chair, Draggo said to the waif. "I'm willing to share a bit of my cider, and maybe a few tales of the road with you, but thats all." With that he put his hand on the handle of his sword, as if to move it out of his way. At the same time covering the peacebond straps with that same hand. The threat was as sutble as Draggo could manage, hopfully the street rat would get the message and scurry away.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn nodded slowly at the lack of answer. It would have to do for now, but already she decided to ambush the man later on when they had some private time.

Maybe not smart, but hey, who ever accused me of doin the smart thing?

Right when Gavin asked her in all silence how he should react, the stranger at the other table made a move. Syrawenn frowned, placing a hand on her dagger, slowly shaking her head at the big man at her table.

Instead of calling him into action, she directed her full attention at Draggo, who had decided to unstrap his sword. Her words were a direct reaction to his actions, not to his words. "Try it, buddyboy...just try it." She told him quietly. "I'll let ya in on a little secret...I dunno where yer from, but this ain't the town nor the inn to start brawls over bein looked at. Ya wanna piece of me? Then I'll see ya outside an I'll gladly take yer balls off."

She slipped the dagger into her hand.

"Now, if on the other hand you decide you mighta made a....little error in yer fancy ideas, then I'd gladly give ya the benefit of the doubt an let it slide while ya...share yer stories." It took a little trouble to keep her voice calm, yet she did not want to stir up attention already.

That's for later, hah.

"So what's it gonna be, mister sunshine? We movin outside or did ya...have a bad daydream? Travels can do that to ya..." She raised an eyebrow, giving him a chance to back out of this weird situation, but quite ready to act if he decided differently.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Despite Syrawenn’s response, having a potentially hostile man behind his back did little to calm Gavin down and it was just peachy that Draggo spoke up and thus gave him a reason to turn. To turn and hear his companion’s barrage of fightin’ words, his grey eyes moving down to the other man’s hand on the hilt. There was no peace cord on the bearded warrior’s sword, the long and heavy blade resting against the table he sat at, sheathed safely within arms reach. As Syrawenn finished her strangely calm rant, Gavin cast a glance her way and then focused on the swordsman at the other table. “And I suggest we all go back to that cider suggestion and forget ‘bout swords and balls bein’ cut off.” His hand moved slowly towards Syra’s urging the girl to sheathe the dagger slowly. “See, if there is one thing I learned, it is this. You can either use words or swords, not both. So once the weapons are out, things tend to get nasty.” Now he was looking at Draggo his eyes calm and peaceful, like they were not on a precipice ready to plunge over together. “I don’t like nasty and I am sure you two don’t like it either. So either we go ahead and…..” He glanced at the sword that Draggo was holding. “Or we go back and you sit closer….” Where I can keep an eye on you. “….and we have a friendly chat. Or someone moves away so as not to rub the other person the wrong way.” With that said, he turned back towards his table, leaving the pair to settle their differences, looking calm and relaxed when he was anything but. Gavin’s ears twitched every so often, trying to catch any sound, to sense what Draggo would decide. He did not care who was right and who was wrong. If either made a move, he would side with Syrawenn. Simple as that.
Draggo Blacksun
Civus

Well that wasn't the reaction Draggo was hoping for. It seemed the street rat had a spine, sharp teeth and a sharper tongue. At least her fighter companion had the right of it. Drawn blades tend to speak louder than words ever could. Then again, her open challenge, put him into a tight spot. If he back down from such bravado, well, it just wouldn't seem right. After all she was just a kid. A kid with a bad attitude and a blade, but still just a kid. Then there was the fighter to consider. He looked no older than her, but the way he calmly dealt with the escalating situation, spoke volumes of experience. specializing in her flash fire temper.

Draggo knew that he also needed to cool the situation down a bit, or else blood would be spilt. Then it occurred to him, he could drain some of the tension and still save face. "Well child, the only time a woman has looked that hard at me in the past. They've either wanted my body or my coin. Seeing you've already got yourself someone to snuggle with, I was rightly fearing for what little coin I had left.... Or am I mistaken, and you're deciding to switch studs?" Draggo serenely drawled as he raised his hand off the sword sheath, and exposed the still bound peace knot.

"What ever the case may be, the cider is still on the table. An it's only getting hotter." Draggo said, with a cool nod to the fighter. "Perhaps, if we shared our names as we share a drink. We wouldn't be so eager to shed each others blood. For my part, my name is Draggo Blacksun." Directing this comment straight at the street rat.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The wench watched at the little display between the two tables. Seeing that her livelihood depended on a good crowd for the afternoon meal she smiled soothingly. "Ah, sharing a pitcher of cider sounds like a perfect idea," she looked at the couple and then to Draggo. She wondered which of the two were really at fault for escalating the business between tables, but at this point it didn't much matter. All that mattered was making sure that none of the others in the room saw or heard that there was a fight brewing.

"I'd fetch you another tankard, if you'd all be enjoying it, and you'll be making my job much easier all sitting together like. A girl like me appreciates such a thing," she knotted her fingers together behind her back and gave a warning signal to the barkeep with a simple hand gesture. The girl bit her tongue after that bit.

"WENCH! CAN A MAN GET A DRINK IN THIS ROOM OR NOT?" A voice hollared after her. Apparently he'd called her once before when she'd been busy flirting with Draggo. Shooting a glance his way she departed the brewing fight to deal with the irritated customer.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

It wasn't so bad Gavin interfered. His words even made some kind of nice addition to her own. Silently the girl wondered if he had tailored them to fit or if this was just a happy coincidence. She was in fact quite ready to leave it at that, when Draggo boasted his studliness.

Right.
Blow or flow?

She eyed Gavin and the pleading serving maid.

Bleh.
Flow.

The dagger slipped back into place as the slimy words dripped over the table.

Ain't playin yer game, mister. Yer not gettin me down.

"Heh, child or woman, make up yer mind if yer gonna try to insult someone." She retorted. "An interested in yer body? HAH, I guess I was right. Bad dreams indeed. Is that your best pick up line or are ya savin the better ones fer when you actually stand a chance?" She sounded semi-interested. The youngster was not about to divulge anything about what might be between them until she had an idea of what this idiot was after.

She watched the maid go. "Cider's the only thing gettin hotter here. Syra's the name." She purposefully let Gavin decide for himself whether or not he wanted to be named. As for herself, she couldn't care less. This was home.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

While the pair settled their differences, Gavin caught the eyes of the serving wench and smiled encouragingly, a small nod meant to reassure her he would keep things under control if at all possible. Still, there were some things that needed to be put out in the open if the situation was to remain calm.

As Syra gave her name, Gavin’s chair shifted to the side, moving him conveniently so that he was sitting right next to the girl and between her and the boastful bravo at the next table, while at the same time giving Draggo enough room to join them if he still desired to do so. “I’m Gavin and I do have one small request. None of that child, woman or buddyboy. We all got names, so we best use them. Okay?” He directed his look at Draggo, but the words were meant for all three of them. “Now, you mentioned having a few tales to share? We got some time to listen and we might have a tale or two to share as well.”

Return to “Kings Court”