Of Walking Sticks and Books of Interest - Jygust 31 - TT

Located on the north of Mer de la Luna is the capital of the Western Kingdom: Kings Court. Named after the fact it is the king's residence, KC was built by ancient Adhiel ancestors. The capital is surrounded by large grass fields known as the Downs.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Petros
Acolyte of the One

Of Walking Sticks and Books of Interest - Jygust 31 - TT

Post by Petros »

After meeting his new roommate Petros decided to go and recover his walking stick and to thank his host from the previous night. On his way out of the Basilica the acolyte saw Father Marcus talking to a brother that he had yet to meet. The young man made a mental note to introduce himself to the other man, but that would have to be later. The young man did not have time to stop, not if he were going to make it to court common by late trade tide. Time was already ticking away.

Petros was pretty sure he could find his way back to the large house. He had gone there from the Dragon's Den the previous evening, and so it made sense to him to start from there again. After walking from the Basilica to the tavern he then made the short trip to the large house.
Once reaching the house [he was] greeted with a lane of trees and a nice garden in the front. It was definitely one of the better maintained homes in the city.
The young man walked down the lane of trees and knocked on the door.
Last edited by Petros on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

The house was as it was when Petros had been there last. To the door came a familiar face. It was the young mistress of the house, Zeynara, and she stared openly and quite shocked at the visitor. "You!" She hissed and thrust herself out the door.

She was wearing a smart blue dress and a cape that matched it, coming down to the small of her back. Her hair was unkempt and her eyes were red with tears. Behind her the door shut quickly and quietly on it's hinges, as if the young lady didn't want anyone else in the house to know that she'd gone out and that there was a guest. "You! You killed him!" She accused with a hoarse voice that gave away the fact that she'd been crying (as if the eyes weren't proof enough).

Zeynara stood her ground at her door, but hadn't called any form of guards. "I thought I could trust you, I brought you back to my home. I brought you both back, and it wasn't so you could turn on one another. What crime did he commit? What crime so worthy of death?" Her eyes narrowed, the red in them startling in it's intensity.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

It was only a few flickers from when he knocked that the door had been opened. He was glad to see the familiar face of Zeynara. It took less then a flicker for the young acolyte to notice that the woman had been crying. She hissed at him then closed the door, and Petros was unsure of what was going on. He felt great concern for her, but then she started to speak to him harshly.
"You! You killed him!"

"killed? Wait...what?" He was very confused after all he hadn't killed anyone. It appeared that she had not heard him for she continued. It was apparent that she was upset, and the young acolyte wanted nothing more then to be able to comfort her. Petros understood what she was talking about when Zeynara spoke again.
"I thought I could trust you, I brought you back to my home. I brought you both back, and it wasn't so you could turn on one another. What crime did he commit? What crime so worthy of death?"

"Jacob?" Petros said his voice filled with obvious guilt. His smiled turned to a frown as he recalled the event that had occurred only a few marks ago. The acolyte had been over come with a zealous nature that he had not known before. "He is not dead. You...were...there?" He was now starting to tear up as well. "I was such a jackass. I should not have acted the way I did." He stumbled over his words as he spoke and he was visible upset now. "I am sorry you had to see me act like that and I am sorry that Jacob had to feel my anger, but he is not dead. I let him go." That may not be exactly how Jacob remembered it but as far as Petros was concerned it was because he had returned to his sense that Jacob had escaped.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Yes, Jacob, of course Jacob!" She said, her bright blue eyes fixing on the young man who stood on the small platform in front of the main entrance to the Debrona's house. "Unless you've been off killing other innocent young men this morning. Busy day! Hmm! Must be difficult to find time to stop off over here. What are you even doing here, anyway?" Zeynara's voice flowed out of her without restraint, and without breath (or so it might seem) until Petros' words registered in her brain and caused her to pause and falter. She pressed her shoulders against the hard door behind her, surprised at the relief she felt at hearing that there was a chance he was alive. Of course there was a chance! Wasn't that why you left? So you didn't see it happen? So there was hope?

"Wha-he... he's not dead?" She took a quick and deep cool breath. Her pale skin had become flushed from the sudden emotions that were churned up at the arrival of the acolyte, and now, as she heard that Jacob wasn't dead she could feel the warmth in her cheeks. "Really?" The word came out as a mild squeak. Zeynara blinked and sniffed. Her nose was all stuffy from the crying. "Why did you do those things? And say those things? You seemed so nice last night..."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros still had wet eyes as the young woman came to realize that Jacob was still alive. She asked her questions of the acolyte and gave him no time to respond between them, but after her last lingering statement the young man had a few flickers to take a deep breath and to try to calm himself down. He had to answer her. What would he say? A voice echoed in the back of his mind it was there, and it was speaking to him. He though he had heard something before, but now he was sure there was someone there. Wasn't there? Tell her the truth. Tell her he deserved it for his blasphemy against the one. YOU SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM, PETROS. Tell her that you wish you had killed him, go on do it.

The acolyte was horrified at himself and the voice in his head. How is it that he had given into this mad sound earlier in the day? You can not tell her that. You also can not tell her the truth for she will think you are crazy. Be compassionate to her now. A second voice again the one he thought he had heard in the sinners square. This voice seemed trustworthy to Petros like the voice of his father, it sounded in his head in a lovely tenor and the young man could not help but smile as an image of his parents flickered into his head.

His voice was calm now, and his cry had stopped although his checks were still wet. "I assure you that Jacob is not dead. The last I saw him he was sneaking out of the square. I assume he made it out. Neither Tyrone or the farmer in his service saw him or went after him as far as I know." He looked directly into Zeynara's eyes "I can not tell you why I did or said those things. I myself am not sure, but what I know is that the thought of them makes me sick. I hope that you can believe me when I say that I am a good man. Me being nice last night was no deception."
Last edited by Petros on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kings Court”