Make way for the Queen (Jygust 30th TT)

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Make way for the Queen (Jygust 30th TT)

Post by Elvira Rodriguez »

It had been a fun little trip apart from a rather scary encounter with Roark’s Revenge, but luckily Damon could only wallow in Elvira’s wake, her light little fluyt easily outrunning the lumbering galleon, the wily Captain Rodriguez making a few turns that stole a bit of her speed, but made Damon wary of her cannons. What Damon did not know was that she had no powder and her brass was just for show. Likely Revenge was also undermanned, and thus Elvira was able to outrun it and escape to the shallows, where they could not follow. From there the trip to the Roque was fairly uneventful, though this little encounter gave the crew a taste of why life on the seas was so dangerous and so bloody fun as far as Elvira was concerned. She even joked about dumping the load, only to get Gerrard worried, but did not truly consider it, thinking that even if they were caught she could persuade Damon to leave them while taking only a share of their cargo. Without knowing how her crew worked and more importantly how good they were in a fight she dared not tackle a sea vessel the size of Roark’s Revenge. Until she knew how good her crew was she would be nice and legit, unless they came upon something nice and small they could take without much risk.

With her golden hen gone to do some business, Vi was left to make arrangements for their harbor stay, teaching the crew the necessity of maintaining good discipline even while in port. She assigned them watch duty and stayed on board to make sure they followed the orders, even though she found the easterners to be quite a disciplined lot in general. She was quite fond of them, especially when they obeyed the orders and did just what she wanted. They could be a bit dimwitted or rather they could act that way, but usually everything went without a hitch. And thus the time came for her to disembark at last and the first thing she did was make her way to the Harbormaster. Dressed in a eastern style clothes, she wore a pair of comfortable trousers and knee length robe, both done in a subtle lavender color, a saber dangling from her hip looking quite out of place. She strode into the harbor-master’s office with cockiness that was almost her trademark and smiled at the first clerk she encountered. “Good morning, luv. I need a bit of help. First I need some place where I can buy the powder for my cannons, and then I need a permission to test those cannons at harbor mouth. Whom do you think can give make my day and turn me into a thankful little doll of a captain?”
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Avatar by the adorable [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Pixieface[/url]
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: Sorry for the wait :)

The harbor of Roque D'Ancourt was well filled with ships. Several of them Elvira recognized as similar to her own, possibly running between this familiar city and Nether's Gate, that abode for the less legit business around the Mer.

The docks were simple piers where the boats moored. There were plenty of workers helping to unload the ships. Further down in the harbor pleasure boats saw a whole different use of the docks.

Rising slowly from the villagechurch to the citywalls Roque d'Ancourt presented herself, further up to splendid houses shimmering in the last whiffs of the mist and disappearing in a line of trees at the most upper levels. Clearly built on plateaux the long forgotten -but well visited- city presented a picture of wealth and abundance...

If one was to forget the simple life of the workers down below.

The harbormaster, a greyhaired man in his fifties with some girth, was busy at his ledger counting his money. When Elvira approached he swallowed. Not that he was unfamiliar with female captains. He remembered captain Storm and she had been something... his mind wandered for a moment, possibly distracted too by cleavage revealed by Elvira's eastern robe. "Uh.. test the cannons." Oh no, he'd get into trouble for that. His neck was getting a light red colour and he reached to his collar to loosen it slightly. "Uh, I would need permission from the Guards. There has been a bit of nasty business with pirates on the Mer of late and they are none to found of .. brass."
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Post by Elvira Rodriguez »

OOC: Don’t worry your silly head over it. Better late than never.

The sight of the Harbormaster’s discomfort made Elvira’s lips curl even more upward than they were now, as she slipped closer and almost casually planted her behind on the corner of the table, sitting and crossing her legs in a slow, measured manner, glad to see hw was looking where she wanted him to look. She examined her fingernails for a flicker and then turned to the man with a smile that promised much gratitude in any way he could imagine if he would only make her happy. “Why of course, luv. I would not imagine doing something illegal so soon after coming into your city. That would be plain old silly.” The smile turned mischievous for a moment as she uttered the word illegal, but it lasted merely a fraction of a flicker. “Tell you what. Why don’t you inform the guards and tell them that Captain Elvira Rodriguez fresh from the Eastern Empire would like to conduct a cannon test and that she would be quite happy to have a squad of the protectors of this fine city be on board during such time.” She paused, seemingly pondering something, tapping a finger against her lips, though it was nothing but a ruse and a distraction. “Heck, I’ll even invite the whole lot of them for a nice little meal on board my vessel. You can come too, and we can all have a bit of fun together. Imagine it. Flower with the sails unfurled, cannons roaring, smell of gunpowder in the air, my face smudged with it, hair flying wild…..” She tossed her hair back with a hand to show what it would be like and then turned to the poor man before her. “Wouldn’t that be just grand?”
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Avatar by the adorable [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Pixieface[/url]
Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

Sorry for the wait again! This thread is officially back in action!

"Uh- well... Er, you see I have uh... Work to do!" He nervously placed his ledger over the space between his legs, as if covering something up, and he began to flip around. "Well... Let me uh, let me see what I can find..." Eventually he stopped at a page, and his trembling hand pulled a piece of papyrus up from his desk, and he began copying something down, with sweat shining on his wrist and fingers. Once he'd finished with that he handed the papyrus to Elvira.

"Looksee here, this is the place beside the Waterworks where the military ships get their cannon-fuel. I... I uh, dunno if the imports of gunpowder are in today, I've been, erm, well you see, hearing of stolen goods from incoming vessels..." His voice was nervous and he began to sweat. It'd been a long work day, and Elvira had done a very good job of tending to his fancy. "You'll have to wait at least a tide before I can get you permission to test your cannons... I hope that's okay, miss." He said and his face was blushing with his attempts to restrain lustful comments.

"Take this address, tell them that uh... Reiner told you it was alright..." With that he managed a weak smile and he tried to wink at her, but it was not smooth, at all.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”