Inn and out - Jygust 30, TT

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

The boy just stared at him with a cowardly gaze, trembling almost. he was a small human, and his blonde hair didn't match his smattering of freckles one bit. After a long wait, the boy finally muttered his response to Gwayne's question.

"I, I ain't s'pos'd tuh." His dialect was horrible, a combination of the accent commonly found in the poor quarter of King's Court, and just a plain bad common tongue. He said nothing more at that point, and by the time he spoke up again, Gwayne was almost entirely finished sewing the breeches.

The child's voice was frail, like a mouse. It squeaked as most early pubescent teenagers tended to do, and it's faintness made it seem as though it would give out into muteness at any second. "...Make sho y'knot ter thread uh... Else ya lose yer stitchin's."
Last edited by Haikan on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

"Right...." Gwayne answered while searching for words. He wondered why the young man was not allowed to speak.

"Thanks.." he replied to the suggestions still fighting his way through the cloth.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

After about twenty burns, Gwayne finished the breeches quite easily, and the boy slinked into the back of the building. All around Gwayne was fancy clothing of many sorts, all hung on both sides of the hut. Those on the left seemed to be patchy, ripped or stained, but those on the right looked completely flawless, as if they were made yesterday. The building was quite small, and Gwayne could reach both sets of clothing with his armspan. The sound of a grumpy old lady waking up was heard with a menacing groan. At long last she came out and snatched the breeches from Gwayne.

"Fine. I'll make you yer clothes. What exactly did you have in mind, boy?" As she said this she pulled a marked strip of tape out and wrapped it around Gwayne's waist, and stretched it along his height. She was taking his armspan as she cocked an eye. "This isn't armor yer lookin' for is it? I hate making armor... Nice soft clothes are what I prefer. Much easier, much easier."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

It actually became more easy after a while, when the stubborn adhiel did his best to create a good result. So when it was finished he held the breeches out in front of him to check, and corrected quickly a few flaws he discovered.

Maybe this would be a better position for him then being a priest he thought with a soft smile. He placed the clothing beside him and rose at his feed and watched his surroundings until the old woman returned, he then quickly picked up the breeches again only to get it snatched from his fingers.

The words of the woman brought relieve to the man and ge restrained from any remarks about armour. Even though he was curious how she would react.. Then he thought about the clothing, his first thought was was green then he realised that for the better or worse he was now a priest and mercy bringer, not a bringer of life.... a healer.

"Can you make me black clothing, as deep as the night just for the stars start to shine again ?" he asked softly. "With a dark brown tree of life on the back, and black boots ? Mother ?"

For a moment he wondered why he had called her mother.. then he assumed that she was old enough to be everybody's mother..
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Her face softened a bit, and her nasty attitude seemed to melt away like ice under boiling water. "You are a healer then. Yeah, I'll make you these clothes. Free of charge, as agreed." As she turned, she pushed her hair back to reveal a pointed ear under her typical old-lady mess of curled hair. "What exactly is it that you're doing in this place? You're going to get yourself killed, boy."

The young kid ran into the back room, and came out with a bolt of black silk, scissors, and thread and he bowed. "Eh, you know me pretty well, kid. You can have the rest of the day off." Her voice was noticably sweeter at this point, gentle, as if a great deal of bitterness was washed away just by knowing what Gwayne's intentions probably were.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The priest was a bit confused by the sudden change of mood in the old lady. So he decided to enjoy it took place on the floor while he tried to form the answer in his head.
After a few flickers he just gave up and spoke out.. and without a stutter hidden in his voice.

"Well, I am not a healer as a healer I guess. I am a servant.. uh priest of the mother.. I keep life and give death when its time and the question is asked. I grant the mercy of the Goddess in every way. As does the dark soil of earth receive the body of those who join her, while it also brings forth the food that keeps us alive.."

The young man waited for the reaction of the old woman, who could be many, even aggressive again but he could accept it. As was it a part of life itself.. he felt more secure then he had even been before.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Oh... A priest? I am quite an old coot... You see I assumed you were a healer of the land. A... Shaper, of sorts. At any rate, you are a very bold one, working for Her people in a town like this. You should..." The old lady glanced around to make sure noone was looking.

"There's a temple near here for us... You should go and look for Vigxhunna. She's a lovely old woman, half my age but twice as wise, and she could teach you some tricks I am pretty sure. She should be able to... After all, she's my cousin." At that moment, the woman raised her hand and it glowed, until a spool of thread floated from across the room into her hand.

"It'd make you a great deal safer in this town to know the Mother's magick- a wolf needs sharp teeth to live and hunt after all... You can tell her that old Fihnora sent you."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne chuckled while he listened to the words of the old woman. He knew that it was very unlikely that the lady was related.. afteral she was human and the priestess adhiel. And the way Adhiel age could even mean that Vigxhunna was older then her..

So he just smiled and said "Yes I know Vigxhunna, after all she made me a priest.. So don't worry."

Gwayne wondered about what he would do next after he had collected his clothing... he would like to go to the beach... yes that he would do.

So the young man waited patiently for the clothing to be ready and fitted, it was clear that several marks would pass before he was ready.

So he planned to return to the temple and surrender himself to Vigxhunna's teaching's.
He wondered what she would teach him this time. Just to pass the time he concentrated on the Goddess within to focus on her energy.

The power of life and death just like the clothing the lady was making... the tree of life surrounded by the shadows of death...

He searched in the face of the old lady for the reflection of Vigxhunna ... maybe.. just maybe she was not crazy... or worse she was right and crazy..

The only thing Gwayne really knew was that he liked her.. and she made great clothing he felt a bit ashamed that she used such special cloth to make his clothing.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The old seamstress was sizing up the silk, and she lifted her hand, floating the silk up to eye-level. She then pulled up a long spool of thread with some sort of needlehead attachment on it and she stuck it into the corner.

"You don't believe me that I am her cousin? Well... I don't think I could rightly know that you doubt that if I weren't using our very same Mother's pow'r of truth right now. How about..." She close her eyes and held up both hands toward the fabric. She raised her right hand in the air and held it there for almost a burn, just focusing. "Hmmm... Yes... Well, alright... That'll do."

"Hyaugh!" Her right hand flew down in a karate chop and the lower sides of the silk were sliced clean off. She didn't waste a flicker as she lowered her right hand and moved it upward in a serpentine fashion. The needle started racing through the fabric and it began to take shape as the thread went through. Up, making the torso and then the sleeve, back and over the newly fashioned collar and out to create the other sleeve. Buttons in the shape of stars floated in while she worked, and they were sewn in with the same thread. The garment looked wrinkly and sloppy, but at last she held her hands together in front of her and a light glowed inside them. "Pull!" She shouted and threw her arms open as the shirt's thread was cut and the fabric pulled tight to how it should look.

It was a perfectly sewed and hemmed longjacket, with constellations on either shoulder, and stars for buttons along the front. Three spare star buttons were on each cuff, and on the back was a tree of life. The coat was still floating, slowly rotating for Gwayne's viewing pleasure.

"Only someone as old as an adhiel that looks like me, could master a trade that well... Don't you think?" She was being cocky, but heck, this was her career and she loved every second of it.
Last edited by Haikan on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne chuckled. Although she made him jump about a meter high with her violent way of separating the cloth.

With a mischievous smile the young adhiel said "Well your cousin has less wrinkles and is more sexy though, and I also bet that she cooks better !"

Then he gasped when she showed his new clothing... it was beyond his dreams. He did not dare to say anything after that.. the clothing was just too wonderful.

The man was not aware that the clothing in itself could be a danger too, it told clearly who and what he was.. something that not everybody would appreciate..

He did appreciate it so much that he kissed the old woman and thanked her.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Heh heh, you'd better watch it young boy, or I'll make your outfit explode on you..." The old lady smiled, for she loved little Xhu, and missed her a great deal. However part of her curse was that she could never see her again until it passed. "There's a reason she's so much.. erhm, prettier than I... That involves something I'd done a long time ago... Ah who wants to hear the babbling of an old woman. Go ahead, take your clothes. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

His outfit was still floating before old lady Fi, and it seemed to be waiting for him to pick it up.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The young man picked it up, and thanked the old lady.

"I well use it well, and thank you many many times.." he said. Then he ran quickly out of the door. He needed to get back to the temple, and not only to show of his new outfit.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”