It has been more than 9 months since the conception of Tazlure's new concept. Time for an update.
First of all we apologize for the dip that has occurred especially since last autumn. Due to personal circumstance several GD's had to take a step back, leaving the rest to struggle. The same goes for moderators. Most of us are now back in full force and intending to stay. We even have new moderators join the team through our modding seminar. Our thanks go especially to Syra and Grey Wolf, and their great moderator team, who have kept the game afloat doing a zillion things at once. At the moment our activity has gone up with more than 25% since our deepest low, so we are going forward.
Closure of the Old, Opening of the fresh
Moderators are remarkably like players (well, DUH). Sometimes we need new horizons as a person, and for the game as a whole. Concepts may be worn, players less interested, or the moderator simply no longer inspired for an area. In true Tazlure style we have not shied away from closing areas, no matter how legendary, if on the whole the area proved too draining for the game. At the same time we've allowed moderators to find new loves. Dragonskeep, the Eastern Empire and Nether's Gate are but the first of these new areas that we hope bring new life to the game.
That is not to say old areas will never be around again. World's Mouth, Terra Incognita, Amun Rah, Trothgard.. they all but await new players and new moderators, two necessary ingredients for keeping an area afloat.
Wealth and Player Freedom
As of today, all players have been screened for the wealth skill, that is replacing our inventory. You can read details here:
Your coordinator will be checking my work. If you think something is being overlooked please use the thread in the Approved Sheets forum.
Reminder of Changes that are now implemented
The following is now standard procedure:
1. Players can retire their characters at will and create a new one. This retirement need only be temporary. You can dig up an old character later, for instance after Recess. The only rule is that you have only two active PC's at a time.
2. Restricting rules have been dumped, such as the three thread rule of thumb. If you feel a rule is still restrictive feel free to discuss it with your coordinator.
3. You can request any change to your sheet in the Approved Sheets forum. We will try and keep an active moderation of the sheets, so please do point things out there.
4. The new Modding Seminar allows all senior players to enter and find what they need. The treatises are in the wiki, and participants in the seminar will gain a supportership place in one of the areas in Tazlure, with good feedback on how you are doing.
5. The wiki has been reorganized. More details may follow, because a wiki is never finished. We encourage everybody to participate in the wiki!