Advertising your new game or Permission to use TGS II

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Advertising your new game or Permission to use TGS II

Post by Maeve »

It is perhaps ironic that in closure of Tazlure the GD's are working harder than ever before. However we do want to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. We remind everybody that the Aether remains open for your departure threads.

From here on, departing from original Tazlure policy, you will be allowed to advertise your games on our resources. We'd like to see what is next on the horizon for you :) There will be some restrictions. In addition to that you may ask and receive permission to use the Tazlure Game System (TGS), as in the game mechanics, not the software. This announcement deals with the guidelines for both.

Regarding the software a separate announcement will be made.

[hr][/hr]

The Legacy of the Tazlure Spirit
We refer to The Tazlure Spirit and the Terms of Service. If we take the particulars of the day to day running of our game out of it, these particulars remain.

• The game is open and friendly to newbies and expects mature behaviour.
  • The game has given thought to rules of communication in the community and in general promotes an atmosphere of tolerance, equality and understanding.
  • The game's TOS has a first rights clause that recognizes the intellectual ownership of its users, while retaining the right to use all material for the community.
  • The game's TOS has a fair use policy that addresses how to handle derivative material from fans.
  • There are rules in the community regarding use of copyrighted material of others, especially regarding use of art, and this is actively upheld.
  • Management of the game holds to administrative ethics which include open communication with its users and other sites, a lack of dissembling and bragging and a general mature and professional attitude.
  • The game has guidelines in place which focus plot on the player character's rather then the storyteller and actively discourages god modding or power playing. These guidelines should promote realistic plots and logical storylines within the game setting that focus on creativity and uphold quality standards.
  • The game is offered for free and while donations may be encouraged, this will never give a player an IC advantage.

This set of principles should be present in the games that seek to advertise in the Tazlure Community to gain new players or else the link will be swiftly removed.

Additionally you can gain permission to use the Tazlure Game System.

The permission includes the use of all OOC material of Tazlure, including its TOS, and anything IC related that is associated with the game system (magick, races, skills). You are allowed to break the Tazlure Game System into modules you may or may not use (for instance not using skills), but we would like to see the overall vision of how a game is run to survive intact, or it wouldn't be the Tazlure Game System. Permission does not extend to IC material, aka the setting, use of which will be strictly forbidden. Permission means that you will give Tazlure credit, including a link.

Naturally anything that already belonged to you (specifically your PC's) remains your property.

[hr][/hr]

Are you interested? Please ask permission in this thread first. Create your own threads for advertisements please.

I will give you preliminary permission (so you can start the project), which I will make permanent if you provide me a link to the site with its policies as detailed above so that I can check compliance :)

Just so there is no misunderstanding, the preliminary permission will run out 6 months after it has been given if no evidence is given of compliance to the Tazlure Spirit.

EDIT: Just to clarify that your game doesn't have to be up and running before that deadline. I just need to have something available that I can check against compliance by then :)

You can use separate parts or "modules" of the TGS as you see fit, but the game MUST meet the Tazlure spirit standards or I won't grant permission.
Last edited by Maeve on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

I am interested and hereby request permission to use the Tazlure Gaming System to develop a new game.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

I request permission as well for a project that I am working on.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Brytan, Aerin: I will give you both preliminary permission (so you can start the project), which I will make permanent if you provide me a link to the site with its policies as detailed above so that I can check compliance :)

Just so there is no misunderstanding, the preliminary permission will run out 6 months after it has been given if no evidence is given of compliance to the Tazlure Spirit.
Last edited by Maeve on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

I'd like to request permission for something I'm working on. :) I don't know how much the game system might differ, but I intend the core principles (the Spirit and TOS) to be identical!
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Finn: preliminary permission granted :)
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

I hereby ask permission just in case - in essence I have been working slowly steadily on a concept for about 5 years (which predates my arrival in Taz...) But no doubt some of Tazlure has rubbed off and certain things may be of a similarity - just want to cover bases and have permission to advert should/when the time comes.
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Fialessa: preliminary permission granted. Please take note of the timestamp and give me proof of compliance within 6 months :)
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Meave
I hope to be working with Brytan soon on his project. Yet I have been kicking around a few of my own ideals. I would like to have permission to use TGS incase something I create has a Tazlurian tint to it. It will be hard for it not to, seeing how this was the place for me to create. My e-mail address is joeiyaayas@aol.com please send it there, or you can post it to me on the Tazlure face board.

Take care,

Joe Chacon(aka Eya.)
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Joe: preliminary permission granted. You have six months to impress me and make your guidelines compliant ;)
Matiel Escariot
Civus
Location: In a place surrounded by farms I my family does not own.

Post by Matiel Escariot »

I'd like to apply, but what I would really like to apply for is permission to use those articles in the wiki on how to properly roleplay in a moderated environment, like those articles on separating OOC from IC, IC actions will have IC consequences, Fun over Realism, Realism, Timestamping, Synch Events, and the like.

Is that still considered as the game system? If it is I'd like to apply for the prelim permission too, but before that. What I'm planning isn't really starting my own site but playing a few rounds of testing out my ideas first before finding it its own home. I was just hoping for the permission to use those articles, especially etiquette, as references for when I start the testing in another site.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Yes, that too is considered part of the TGS license. You can use separate parts or "modules" of the TGS as you see fit, but the game MUST meet the Tazlure spirit standards or I won't grant permission.

Matiel I'll give you a preliminary permission and within 6 months I want to be able to check your guidelines to see if it fits those parameters :)
Matiel Escariot
Civus

Thank you, but I'm not so sure I could reach the six month deadline cause for now I'm just going to test out roleplaying with the rules I'm going to use first. I could ask permission for it again yes?

I'll post out a link for you all to monitor the progress of whatever it is I'm doing. I thank you again.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Just to clarify that your game doesn't have to be up and running before that deadline. I just need to have something available that I can check against compliance by then :)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I want to remark that Age of Intrigue received a similar license and is fully compliant, using mostly what people are now calling "the OOC module", as well as making use of a license granted by CPOL.

Thinking upon this and similar issues I want to remind people that if in their design they will be using timestamping to please credit it to Cherveaux: Palace of Light or CPOL for short, as Taz did too. This also goes for the use of compendiums. I will see to it that the wiki is appropriately updated to reflect this.
Matiel Escariot
Civus

Would directly linking to those articles be enough or do I have to manually do it?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Please host material you will be using on your own resources :)
Matiel Escariot
Civus

Ah, thank you.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Just registering that Funny Farm has received a license to use the OOC material.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

So we do :)
*HUGS Maeve*
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

I have some ideas for a freeform tabletop system based on Tazlure's skill system and in Tazlure's world.

I would like to use the Tazlure setting for playtesting and request permission to use the resources, as well as the skills to try and make a simple gaming system (that, if it works, would be great fun for Taz parties).

Maeve, I've given you some more details on MSN. This is something I'll work on, on and off, and trying to keep it within the Tazlure spirit: story-driven role-play.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Elvin, yes on using the game system and the OOC stuff, but for now, I prefer if you use a generic setting for your playtesting. If we run it at future parties we can always decide to use the Tazlure setting :) Looking forward to see this finished!
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Noted and done. Working on it in between when I find the time (master's thesis to write... blech)
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry. I am working on a table-top, which may or may not have online content. The odds are good that something from Tazlure will end up on there, since it is ingrained in me. I've got most of the basic setup done on it. I suppose if I had enough interest I could set it up as a pbp, but not looking at that yet.

Basically I am just asking permission for the TGS, improvised TOS, and probably some of the IC material like skills and magick. Races are already set and have very little to do with Tazlure beyond basic fantasy race information.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The only division I make is between the setting, and the rest. Skills, magick etc. you can use, but the setting you cannot :) What I hold important is the points sketched above regarding the Tazlure spirit, which I hope are ingrained into you too ;) Of course, when you are done with development I'd like to see what has come of it.

Looking forward to seeing the final product :)

Temporary license granted!

Return to “Banter”