Ashtallion, Yappet, Sam: The Battle-General |Samheen 5th

Moderator: Mods

saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The Battle-General merely shrugged at Yappets comment about the dots. In his long life and travels, he had seen a lot of idiots, so one more couldn't surprise him.
Still, he was not sure about Yappets observations. He leans forward over the desk.
"But if you want to serve those Llyth and Krin, wouldn't you be better of at the oracle's isle, to become a priest ? they have magick too, you know?"
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet laughed. "That island is nothing more then a bunch of lunatics and madmen. They cliam to be following the way sof thier gods but have they ever been spoken to? No-sir-ee. All they are are a bunch of madman hetrics prone of halicunations from thier 'prayer' fumes." Yappet banged his hand on the desk. "Oww, besides. They don't accept priests. Ilth and Kryn are above that."
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Since Joakim has never heard of the obscuere gods, and is kind of an atheist himself, he is not really offended by Yappets blasphemy.
Instead he asks:
"And why do you think you have what it takes to become a mage ? do you have the patience to work for hours at a spell ? The brains to work things out ? Are you precise enough to listen to your teachers an copy everything they show you ? Can you concentrate on your spellcasting for hours at a time. DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH DICIPLINE YOUNG FELLOW"
He stands and bangs with his fist on the desk, his unseeing eyes staring at Yappet.
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet was so startled by the generals sudden change in atitude he tried to move back, afraid he was going to lash out and hit him.
Of course Yappet was sitting and had his own eyes closed so all he could do was fall backwards in a tumble of arms and legs. Both human and chair.

Eyes fully open now Yappet scrambled for the door. Afriad for his life. The door wouldn't work. The knob would know turn in Yappets shaking hand. "Don't hurt me!" Yappet yelled backing into a tottery table and throwing his hands up to shield his face. What Yappet didn't notice that his letter had fallen out of his robe and lay with the fallen chair.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Joakim threw his haed back and burst into an uncotrollable fit of laughter. To Yappet it must seem like the golden spirals were coming down all at once. (The battle general has a very hearthy and loud laugh)
"Take it easy, pup !" he bellows, wiping tears from his eyes..
"If you want to become a mage, you will see and hear things even more frightening then me, better get used to it"
He sits down, still snickering. "Well, son, go on to your room. William will bring you. And good luck with your lessons, you will need it !"

OOC: being blind, Joakim doesn't see the letter. He might trip over it later...too late....

Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet got up. Still a little shaky. The Fighting General was possibly the scariest man Yappet had ever encountered. He at least knew what to expect from ruffians. "Y-y-yes sirruh" Yappet said getting up shakily. Setting the chair back up Yappet saw the letter. Deciding it must not be important for his acceptance he set it on the desk when he was sure the General saw him (The general being blind wouldn't see him) and left.

Outside the room Yappet didn't see William, he had left Yappet to wait for the general. Yappet wasn't sure what to expect, he was seeing spots again. The general must have done something to him. Wandering down the hallway Yappet looked in the first door he saw that wasn't colored.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Mikhail smiled: "I'm sure you will, Sam."
He lead Sam forward and showed him the marvels of the University, he showed him so much that it was highly unlikly that he could remember it all.
Then they suddenly stopped in front of a door: "The Battle-General's office."

Mikhail knocked on the door and said: "One that wishes to be a battlemage, sir."

He looked at Samand smiled: "Well good luck! I will wait for you to show you your room."

The door opened...

Mikhail saw Yappet looking into the room: "Sir, are you searching something?"
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet bowed to the two new people. To Sam he whispered "Be careful, he bites" and then turned to Mikhail. "Hello, i'm looking for the janitor William." Yappet stood proudly "I've been accepted into the unversity." he beamed "Willie is to show me to my room."
Sam Encentran

Timestamp: 5th of Samheen

Post by Sam Encentran »

Sam faced Yappet, and his eyes beamed at him. He quickly whispered back, with a bit of anger in his voice, 'Please don't make fun of anyone here...I can see it's a nice place, but please don't do that.....I'm sure that it's got a strict atmospherehere, and I'm going to respect everyone I can. And I can see he's not a bad person either.' Sam winked his left eye to Yappet, and then quickly turned his face to the elf that stood there. Sam quickly walked up to him, and said: "Hello sir. I was taken here by Mikhail. Sir, I believe that you are the general right? Nice to meet you, sir. My name is Sam Encentran...and I am here to learn magic and become a....battle mage...sir." Then, Sam turned around, and started looking around the room.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The inner office was nicely furnished with an array of chairs and couches at one end with plants arranged by the windows. Standing with his back to the door is Joakim, the Battle-General. The man is a little tall for an elf, a little short for a human, his hair is silver-streaked brown and in one long braid that brushes his hips. He is wearing a tunic, leather breeches, and knee boots. His face is lined with scars, and from his left hand, two fingers are missing.

He turns toward Sam, and points to the chair in front of the desk:
"Please sit down, young sir" He himself takes the seat behind the desk.
"So you want to be a battle-mage huh ? And why would you want that ?"

He leans forward over the desk and stares at Sam, waiting for his answer

Sam Encentran

Post by Sam Encentran »

Sam looked at him. He was not too sure what to say. He staggered for a moment, and then looked back at the Battle-General, and quickly replied: "You see sir, my dream is to become a battlemage, and hopefull become a Purple guard to serve and defend the city, and of course, defend myself when the need arises. It has been one of my great dreams since childhood sir. I have dreamed of being one, and I have played Knights and swords when I was a young boy," Sam started to grin, then he scratched his head, and carried on: "It of course, seems childish, but thinking of it, we all have gone through that stage haven't we?" Sam laughed quietly to himself for a short while, then stopped to give the battle-general a chance to answer.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Yappet

Mikhail smiled: "I can show you your room, sir. William is busy at the moment. Follow me."

He braught Yappet to the rooms. "You may choose any bed you like except for those already taken."

OOC:
Room layout

Window Side
: Sal : Teqive : empty 6 : empty 8
: Wyverix : empty 3 : empty 5 : empty 7
Door Side

(please add the number of the desired bed in an OOC message.
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Yappet walked into the room. After tripping on Wyverix's bed Yappet inspected the ones that didn't show signs of life. Picking the third farthest from the door. Yappet explained it was because he could do this. Yappet fell back so he was lieing on it corssways. his hands, streched over his head. Touched the ground, as did his feet.

Yappet was tired, he had had a long day and was yet to get any decent sleep. He would get a tour later, get his stuff later, unlike most people Yappet observed he didn't carry with him every possetion he had. He would go get his staff later, now it was time for a nap.

OOC: Bed 5, can we continue this in the proper thread?
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: Ofcourse we can. Go ahead
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

"So...."The Battle-General rumbled "You want to become a purple guard, huh pup ?Well, at least there's battle spirit in you, that i can tell. But why by the seventeen spires do you want to be a battle-mage AND a purple guard, when you can walk right to the training ground and apply as a guard ? Do you know how tough it is to become a battle mage ? and how small your chances are to have grand-children, or even children ?"

He rose a bit out of his chair during this speech, leaning forward towards Sam, his unseeing eyes somehow seeing right into Sam's soul...

Sam Encentran

Post by Sam Encentran »

Sam looked at the Battle-General. His questions were very hard to answer for him. Sam gleamed at him, thinking hard of what to answer. Then, he gathered all his courage together, and replied: "I wish to become a battle mage and a purple guard, sir," Sam pointed out the 'and' loudly, "because it will give me a better chance of protecting any harm from townsfolk, and it will be better for self defense. I totally understand what you are saying sir, of course, and I do know the hardships and the toughness I will come across during training. And yes, I do know it'll be extremely hard to settle for a family, but it is worth while helping others. I'm sure you know how I'm feeling now, sir....."
Last edited by Sam Encentran on Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Joakim nodded gravely at Sam, obviously considering the young mans comments very seriously.
he rubbed his stubbled chin in thought, before he relpied.
"I think you really want to be a battle mage, and I don't need to review your reasons to want to become a Purple Guard. So, if your'e willing to start your training as a battle-mage, you might just become a Purple Guard. Know this, however, your training here will take a long time and will ask a lot of your mental en physical endurance. Good luck with your training, my son. Mikhail will show you your room"

He nodded at Sam again, took a deep breath, and yelled "MIKHAIL" so hard it made the room, and maybe the whole university shake...

Sam Encentran

Timestamp: Samheen 5

Post by Sam Encentran »

Sam smiled, nodded weakly, said 'Thank you, sir.", and followed Mikhail down to his room.

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”