Restart: Sign up and Brainstorm!!

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Restart: Sign up and Brainstorm!!

Post by Maeve »

Time to get the Tazlure Herald into better use and active again.

Things I'd like to see:

1) Mod Profile - expanding on the staff interview the Mod Profile should on the one hand make players comfortable with a new face and give the mod some positive energy of encouragement. Frequency: once a week.

2) IC summaries through IC newsarticles

3) Top five threads in several categories

4) OOC articles how to deal with several issues

5) columns

What do YOU like to see? What can you contribute? How woudl you reorganize the current forum?
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

As part of our attempt to make the Tazlure Pantheon more accessible to our players and mods, I'd like to propose a series with interviews or articles written by the worshippers of various deities - to help clear up some misconceptions and perhaps make players more comfortable with some of the more underworshipped faiths.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Oh.. nice feature article :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Perdita Faechild

Post by Perdita Faechild »

Hey! Signing up. I'm interested in doing some IC reporting work, maybe we could invent some reporter characters from each area? I'm really pleased that the herald is relaunching btw!!! :D
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

That sounds great Perditia :)

I've convinced Doric to do a column on OOC roleplaying things.

What I want to do is create "issues" and launch them once a month. That is a stiff deadline because it means we have 2 to 3 weeks from now, and from there on each time you'll only have 3 weeks max to finish something, because you need to allow time for lay out, proofreading, revisions etc. I think our biggest concern will be content.

Right now I'm asking what the moderators would like to see as a list of "best reads of Tazlure" and from that no doubt we'll get plenty ideas for IC reports.

However.. in the meantime Perditia.. go ahead and write some up, posting them in THIS forum first. Aim for 300 to 500 words. The more the better. I like rumors. Shocking Political Events. War. Sex scandals.. the lot!
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Sign me up. I'd like to help out in whatever way I can.

Maybe an IC "security" section on the laws of Tazlure from Ulder's PG perspective?

or...

as Maeve and I discussed in the not too distant past; A song reference for all of our aspiring bards out there that need stock songs to sing. Songs that everyone knows in certain geographic areas. I'm sure Taz would have it's own "Happy Birthday" song as well as prayer hymns and other musical goodies that can put into the "pages" for all to enjoy.

Let me know how I can help!

:D :D
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

OH.. I love the song reference idea :)
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

FOr our tabletop game we created an ic magazine as well, filled with gossip and tales you might have heard.
Each GM had their own 'reporters' made up with funny or strange names, adding a new flavour to it.

So I agree with Perdita: let's make up reporters!
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Perdita Faechild

Post by Perdita Faechild »

Okay, I'm looking over the board and thinking about what sort of events to cover. Unfortunately, due to having my interview at Oxford University this week I won't be able to do any actual writing until next weekend at best. Sorry! :D
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

*huggles* good luck with the interview!!!
Oxford is a lovely city. I once went there as a study trip together with a group of students. I was amazed at the number of colleges and the way the medieval ones were still preserved. Have a nice beer, there is plenty around ;)

Return to “OOC Archives”