Growing Ambitions ~ Ramsel-Ahn

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Growing Ambitions ~ Ramsel-Ahn

Post by Ashari »

Samheen 18th, Tradetide

Ramsel-Ahn had accomplished much during his week, including an excelling of the quality of both his reading and writing. Math, however, was going to prove to be a more difficult task to undertake. After marks and marks of looking through numbers he could feel his mind swimming in them. If he wanted to get much better he would either have to lock himself in the depths of the Arena and hide away, or hire a tutor to help. During the week a single large scale fight had been put on, it was previously planned by the owner, and was all ready to go even more Ramsel-Ahn stepped in. It brought in a large sum of money, much of which was still being tallied following the event. Pelpin had said he would get back to Ramsel with the full figures to give him an idea of what the Arena normally pulled in.

"The turn out wasn't the best we've seen, but it was good. We should be thankful for that much, especially with the droughts we've been having lately." Pelpin had told him before returning to his seclusion to work out the numbers. He had once been the second hand man of the Arena, and now he watched as Sarduk stepped into the position, which made him somewhat envious, but he also knew he had skills that the other man did not.

Nannunik on the other hand had yet to return to Ramsel-Ahn. Infact, no one had heard from him since his hissy fit and tearing off. Sarduk questioned whether or not he would return. He was a bit of a rogue after all, but he had been the one who suggested Nannunik at all, so it was a question of his own capabilities if he did not return.

Now, on Samheen 18th, midway through tradetide, the Arena's owner was sitting at his desk looking through piles of parchment that Sarduk had left for him. They were mostly inventories. Everything had been totalled up except for one of the warehouse sized rooms, which the previous owner had set aside for himself during the negotiations. No one had yet gone into the locked storeroom.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
ForeverStarlight

Post by ForeverStarlight »

It annoyed Ramsel-Ahn a bit that improving his math skill was so difficult. He did not have the time to lock himself away and study. He now had a bussiness and an orginization to run. He would need to hire a tutor, but for that he would need money, so it could wait at the moment.

Finally the invetory had been finished, and Pelpin was working on the numbers Ramsel had asked for. All that was left was the room he was supposed to leave alone. Ramsel-Ahn did not like not knowing what was in there, but he did make a deal. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt to know what waqs in there. It is not like Ramsel-Ahn was squimish about such things.

He would hate to be caught looking in there, he would need to first make sure he was secure. At the moment, though, there were more pressing matters. The United Merchants still needed to meet. A leader needed to be chosen, prices set, and other initial details needed to be decided. Everthing needed to go smoothly. It was important that the merchants stay within the United Merchants.

Now he wished Nannunik had been there. He needed his two helpers to announce the meeting to the members.

At the moment all that was left was to await Sarduk.
Last edited by ForeverStarlight on Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

However, it wasn't Sarduk that came to his door.

With a quick and solid knocking, followed by the slight creak of the unoiled hinges, came Nannunik. He looked as if he had cleaned himself up a good deal, and was dressed to the nines in a finely tailored jacket.

"So I've been thinking." He started in, as he walked inside, closing the door behind him. "And I may've been a bit hasty in my departure." The man clasped his hands together behind his back, the black jacket parting a bit to show the tan undershirt he wore, as well as the similarly colored breeches. He was cleanly shaven, both on his face and his head.

"I made a promise when I agreed to work for you, and I plan to stick to that. There are many things I am, and a man of my word is one of em." He said, and stuck his hand out, the way he had only a bit more than a week ago. Could it have only been that long? Though, this time, he did not cut his hand to offer a blood pact. Each of their hands still bore the wound, however, and the sentiment was there, as it lingered in his eyes. "That is if you'll have me around."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
ForeverStarlight

Post by ForeverStarlight »

Ramsel stood slowly from where he sat, and looked at Nannunik. His suspicious nature made him think longer as he stared at the man.

"It was a very foolish thing you did, Nannunik. Every move we make, every breath we take, we are watched, studied, and critisized. You nearly crashed the image I had built. The oath you made was not only to me, but too the Family. We must stick together. Fighting amongst ourselves will only serve to our destruction. "

Ramsel paused for a moment, as if thinking or catching his breath.

"If you have a problem with a member of the Family, expecially me, you take it up with them in private. We cannot afford any mistakes. One day the Family will control all of Abu' Sahir, and even beyond, but we must be smart. We must be careful. The Family will take care of its own, but each member has a responsability to take care of the family.

"So, do you think you can do this. Do you think you can continue on my terms?"

Ramsel stood tall, every bit of his natural authority seemed to shine through his eyes. He awaited Nannunik's answer, hoping it to be what he thought it would be.
Last edited by ForeverStarlight on Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Nannunik once again felt as if he were being scolded like a young child, but he took it. When he was a child he could barely stand this feeling, the humility of it, but he still stood still, with his jaw working in small circles as he clamped it and unclamped it, his jowels popping.

"Yes, I understand, Ramsel." He replied slowly. "I will do my best to honour that, and to honour you as well."

The man nodded, and hoped this was answer enough for the growing boss before him. "I want to continue to work for you, and be a part of the Family that you are creating."

"Actually, if you chose to accept me back in, I have a bit of information you might find interesting about one of our rivals. Tedrin."

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”