Gravetide Market ~ Open to All!

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Murat knew he had little time, as his eyes caught the change in movement and at the same time saw the other guard lunge in with his blade. He turned his upper body just enough and at the last possible moment so that the sword of the second attacker would scrape past his leather armor, while he raised his left leg and kicked towards the body of the same attacker, aimed to knock the wind out of him and send him sprawling to the ground. ~May he be cursed by Uphuron. He stays low to the ground to make himself a difficult target. This is getting too close for comfort and if I haven't been quick enough this time, this may hurt like hell in a flicker's time. ~ He knew that the first guard would be giving him trouble, even if his last defensive movement would prove to be in the nick of time.

If not, he would have a difficult time against these two for sure, who were obviously more experienced in fighting as a team. Their way of alternating their attacks at two different parts of his body told him that much. The half giant made himself no illusions, if he managed to get out of this alive he would have won the day, but hoped that he could avoid being seriously injured or having to kill either of them. Getting wounded would mean having to resort to other means, which Murat did not wish to use. He realised however that these two guards may not leave him any other alternative then to fend for his life with all his means. He would try to avoid this for as long as he could though. ~Apparantly neither of these two have anything else in mind then to try and kill me. ~

These were the last thoughts that entered the mind of the half giant, who now purely began to focus on his fight. Within his movement, he pulled his dagger from the sheath and readied it in his left hand, hidden behind the shield. He had a feeling that this may save his life.

Post by Guest »

Rakhash’s eyebrows shot up as Jadmai broke onto the scene, disrupting the trance that he had forced himself into. Quickly, the young man began to shift his stance as if to ward off the dark adhiel, before realizing in surprise that he was going after the guard. The man that had stood by and watched as Bar’Yan had interrogated them was suddenly on their side? Certainly, the man must have had some kind of tie to the Rafao, a bond that had allowed him to gain the trust of someone in power. What game do you seek to play at here, dark one? I’ll know it, before I leave my back unguarded around you. His actions didn’t make any logical sense, and given the situation they certainly weren’t enough to gain the young bodyguard’s trust, but Rakhash was nowhere near comfortable enough to strike up a conversation in this place, and in no position to card off allies. Nodding slightly at Jadmai, his eyes betraying the wariness he felt within, Rakhash crossed his arms and stood back.

Listening to the guard speak, he could only profess to himself some shock at how quickly the anger displayed had become abject terror. Silently, his penetrating gaze locked now on the guard, he walked forward and picked up the man’s sword, dropping the weapon he had gleaned from the new prisoner's fallen comrade. Looking down at it, he hefted it, testing its weight in his hand as he gripped the handle, and then he gazed back at the captive as though pondering inside whether or not to use the blade. He had no intention of running the man through so long as he was subdued and unwilling to bring harm to he or his allies, but there was no reason to let him know that.

As he looked ahead, however, he noticed the man sneaking up behind Jadmai, the malice in his eyes unmistakable. Whatever allegiance the adhiel owed, he had intervened in the situation to help Lianelle, and that was more than enough to warrant a return of the favour. “So, you thought you’d pick on an innocent woman, huh?” Rakhash began, hoping to put up a façade of threatening conversation and interrogation. As he uttered the words, he flicked his eyes to Jadmai’s, and moved his free hand to point subtly to the region directly behind the unexpected friend. “You made a mistake, friend,” he continued, this time moving his head slightly to the right in order to get Jadmai to move out of the way quickly.

Whether or not the stranger was going to adhere to his instructions or not didn’t truly matter, it would only result in an increase or decrease of convenience for the young warrior. Rakhash waited a moment for the assailant to get close enough, then launched forward, moving past Jadmai and thrusting his newly claimed blade straight ahead towards his enemy's torso. There was no time for him to examine what had transpired, to feel any kind of guilt over this act. Movement was swift, based on necessity, and fueled by stored anger that seemed limitless in surroundings such as the bloodied square they now stood in. In the span of a moment, yet again, he silently hoped that his attack would strike true.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

Again the small halfling started to curse. "Vargaz's gibbering jellyfish! Why does this always happen to me?" While he tried to keep up the pace, he noticed that his hook slipped slightly. Stopping to make sure the darn' thing wouldn't escape its bounds, Gorgo suddenly entered a new battle zone. Swords were lashing, daggers spearing and one whip was caught, unexpectedly, under a boot.

Unsure how to proceed, the first thing that came to mind was making sure he could protect himself from any danger. He knew his hook couldn't be used as a weapon any more, lest he'd loose it. Quickly the old sea-pock grabbed a dagger. His confidence in unarmed fighting was high enough but the weight of a sturdy steel weapon felt oddly reassuring.

Then he suddenly changed his mind, so he stuffed his weapon back in his girdle. He hadn't come here to die, on this cursed island. Checking whether or not he was under attack, he noticed that most guards were pre-occupied with other prey. Still as Gorgoniy surveyed the scene, he couldn't help but feel strangely obliged to help. Don't be stupid! Ending up in the dungeons is a real possibility if you do. Just walk away...come on walk away. Damn', stupid basterd I said walk away! But nooooo... the vertically challenged halfling had to lend a hand. With total and utter disregard of his reputation, Gorgo spurred himself into action.

Not wanting to appear a willful attacker the deckhand faked a rather misfortunate stumble. Only a close observer would notice that the usual speck of dirt wouldn't be able to explain the improbable series of falls and tumbles that followed. The strange manoeuvre that followed started with a close encounter with the calves of the two guards opposing the half-giant and his companion. Apparantly unable to stop his rolling and bouncing the bundle - formerly know as Gorgoniy - whirled on. "Oops, sorry. Pardon me, coming through. Where are the darn' brakes!"

The whirling dervish wound his way around the court's cobbles. Unable to project his path, the halfling-ball just rolled on. A few guards and even some of their opponents might have to jump out of its way...
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

A grin didn't play across her lips as the inquiring man took an involuntary step back. She was a beautifully, dangerous woman; any man in their right mind should have gone running. The compliments didn't cease however. She was thinking of ways to avoid getting to close to him as her whip came to fall on the ground. The maiden tugged the whip and it did not listen to her wrist.

Her eyes fell beyond the man to see the Princess standing next to her destination. Surely Aeris could not simply out maneuver the guard for he would most definitely attack Lianelle. Suddenly, other familiar faces, from around Nabob's stall, were becoming visible. There were too many options for the swan to decide to save her own skin, so she did what any woman would do, she dropped her weapon.

Sex appeal was her gift, so she was going to use it. Aeris slowly started to walk towards the beckoning man. In those first few strides she pushed out her chest a bit more, clearly showing more cleavage. Her legs escaped the skirt almost as if the slits along the sides of the garment were completely to the hip line. The sway of her hips were not only methodical they rolled. Any sorcerer or even those of the Ancient Grey Elves would have considered a glamour effect, but she possessed nothing of that scale. She was truly just that gorgeous.

"You want a good time, honey? I could show you such a thing..." she replied, sex littering her voice.

If she got close enough without him realizing it was all a strategic ploy, she would take that last fateful pace hastily, gaining momentum jabbing him slightly above his collar bone. Aeris hoped in doing this she could knock some wind out of him, if that worked, she would grapple him to the ground, attempting to render him unconscious.
[i][color=brown]"I am that merry wanderer of the night."
--William Shakespeare[/color][/i]

Avatar manipulated by Ashari with stock photo by LaraFairie
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

OOC: Yes, I'm sorry, you can all yell at me for not getting posties.

Jadmai saw the sword drop and was about and was about to rid himself of the guard, but he could see a look in Rakhash's eyes, and his small gestures confirmed his worries, though by that time he was already taking steps to defend himself.

Tightening his grip around his captive's neck, he would try to sidestep in the direction from where Rakhash indicated, during the sidestep the dark adhiel would try to lower himself down in effect ducking by squatting down, pulling not only himself to safety. but sure the guard he was holding was not subject to a blow that was meant for him.

If this tatic would work he would spring from his squatting from his squatting position, and pull his captive up as well, Jadmai could still use him.

"No, your family has you as long you are useful and are not senseless like that man." He explained using one of his fingers from the arm he wrapped around his next to flick a finger pointing out the guard, who had just wanted to attack him. "Now, I want you to tell that man to stand down--now!" He commanded of the guard, as he pulled him backwards towards, Lianelle, looking over his should quickly to get his bearings, make sure he didn't run into any more surprises, and catch Lianelle's eyes. "I want you listen to this woman's commands."

Jadmai didn't turn his attention away from his captive be had hoped that he had brought him close to Lianelle, and that he had made enogh enough eye contact earlier, so that she knew he was speaking of her and now to her.

"Do you want out of this market, now? Or did you have a few household items you wanted to look for first."

Jadmai waited impatinetly for his response from Lianelle
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Murat made a good choice in his actions, for as he had planned the new attacker's blade just skidded across his expansive chest and left his torso unscathed. The only problem was that simultaneously the first guard had been swinging at his leg. Though Murat lifted his target, it didn't stop him. The half-giant could feel something akin to burning at the back of his calf where the armor didn't wrap around. As he kicked the leg forward the pain increased and climaxed with the impact of his foot to the chest of his attacker who was infront of him.

The guard stumbled backwards somewhat surprised by the sudden foot to his sternum, and ran into the blade of one of the guards who was attacking Jin. He had been thrown off my the tumbling of a small halfling. Gorgo's plan had worked, though not exactly as he had planned. The guard who had stabbed his comrade right through the back stared down at his hand which was covered in blood with shock. It was one thing to kill the slaves for their rioting, it was another entirely to kill a friend.

For Murat the rolling halfling posed a quick diversion as well as taking another one of the guards out of his way. He could see the pointed end of the blade sticking out between the ribs of the guardsman he had just kicked. The young man looked down with a similarly shocked expression on his face mirrored by his companion behind him. His hand went instinctively toward the wound. "D-- don't pull out the blade." He said with a worried edge as he swallowed hard.

The first guard, who had landed the wound on Murat, stared at his friend who he had trained with since his beginning on the guard duty. That was why they worked so well together as a pair, they had practiced in the evenings together, honing their skills and learned to play off of one another's abilities. Seeing his friend so stranded, and so vulnerable he jetted forward and placed himself between the half-giant and the guard, ready to defend him if necessary. It was bad enough he had been stabbed right through, he wouldn't let a monsterous half-giant finish him off in the streets. "Har!" He yelled waving his sword forward, but it was a motion only to show that he meant business, it wasn't a real attack.

Gorgoniy found himself beyond the battle of the half-giant, slave and guards and was now behind the fair skinned woman who stuck out so much, her downy white hair, so light it appeared blue as it caught the light, who was moving seductively toward one of the guards. The half-giant and slave had been working to protect her, and Gorgo had fallen between the line of guards who had followed her and was given a perfect view of her curves as she sauntered forward and then leapt upon the hapless victim. He hadn't even seen it coming.

From Aeris's view she saw his eyes glaze over a bit as she conceded to his offer. He was a regular guy, a regular guy who had many of times gone to Anurith's Golden Ram with the hopes of one of the breathtaking beauties seeing him and showing him a good time. However, in his twenty-five yahren upon Tazlure, wandering the desert isle, that had never occured. Not to say he wasn't wanted, he was young and headed in a good career path with the guard duty, he had had the chance to be with many young ladies. Perhaps that was why he entertained the idea that Aeris actually wanted him, that she was sincere when she said she would show him a good time.

As soon as her lithe hand was lifted and he saw the glimmer in her eyes, he realized what a mistake that had been. It was all too late, though. He had already lowered his blade. He had not accounted for a beautiful woman, he had not accounted for her tricking him. Fool. Was his most prominant thought as her hand connected with the soft flesh beneath his collar bone and his eyes watered and blurred. Then she was atop of him, and he heard the clatter of his sword hitting the stones beneath him before his body crashed into them as well.

A bloodchilling snapping crunch sliced through the air as her full weight fell upon him and he hit a rock in his lower back. One of the cobble stones had been raised further than it should have been and he landed upon it perfectly. He gasped for a breath, but then didn't yell. There was no pain. Paralasis set in immediately, he couldn't feel his legs. "What -- what have you done to me?" The guard pushed her small body off of his violently and tried to sit up using his hands to push himself. His lowerbody didn't move. "My legs!" He screamed as he hit them senselessly. He would make no great warrior now, no great lover to a dancer.

Gorgoniy saw the whole thing, and the reverberation from the snapped spine raced through his own bones turning his stomach into knots. Aeris was easily tossed aside and landed a few feet closer to the ladder. Now she had a completely free path to move, and her legs would carry her swiftly to the upright and climbable surface if she just got up right then and moved, before the screaming man called more attention to her.

Just beyond where the swanmaiden lay, Rakhash and Jadmai had met again. Rakhash had found himself another new weapon, this one sharper and newer looking. Not stained with blood of innocents, it had yet been used. The guard seemed genuinely worried as the bodyguard tested the weight and balance of the blade. Visions of his children and his wife passed through his eyes and he realized now how badly he wanted to be with them. Fear was all that was read upon his face. "No.. I don't want to pick on a woman, it was foolish of me, I would take it all back if I could, take this whole night back, and be with my wife." As Rakhash continued the play-acting the guard became more and more afraid of what this rioter would do to him. He could feel the stilletto blade at his neck and he started to consider what he could to do get away from the pair.

All his planning was for nothing, however, as Jadmai pulled him aside and downward and then shot back up again. He saw a flash of movement - Rakhash - darting by and stabbing a guard. The strike was indeed true, but it wasn't enough to take the warrior out of commission, he slashed in return and managed to pull his blade across Rakhash's sword arm, on the forearm, leaving a deep gash.

"STOP! STOP" The guard who was being held captive by Jadmai said to the one who had just wounded Rakhash. "Stand down, man. Stand down!" Even in the heat of battle, direction was followed, it needed to be heeded, otherwise the rage of fighters couldn't be contained. The guard pulled Rakhash's sword from his torso and tossed it down on the ground before putting his hands up in a defenseless position to say that he wouldn't be attacking again. "See, I helped, let me go. Please." He didn't want to be a human shielf for the dark adhiel who held onto him.

Lianelle looked at Jadmai curiously. "Leave? We can't leave. Nadia hasn't come yet. She hasn't given us a signal to stop..." Her dark eyes were all encompassing. It was easy to see why Rakhash guarded her with his life. "Rak, are you injured?" She hadn't yet seen his wound, or the large amount of blood that was streaking over his forearm and dripping onto the sand that covered the stone street.

The guards were most definately getting the upper hand with the help of the true Amunic Army. They had just seen battle. Jadmai had witnessed their ferosity in the field. Their power was harnessed now, however, as they used their prowess to reign in their people and calm them, sending many back to their homes. The battle was going to end soon, as they continued to approach. And if the adhiel looked around, as anyone looked around, he would realize how outnumbered they were.

"We just need a little more time." Lianelle said, looking heavenward and whispering a quick prayer to the goddess of mercy. "What is your name, dark one?" She asked Jadmai, as he continued to hold his captive, who had wet himself during the procession of being yanked around with a blade at his neck. Cowardice is a funny thing, not showing up until least expected.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

Aeris felt nothing as she crashed down to the reddened soil. In her mind, she was just a weapon. Weapons kill people, end lives, but she wasn't that sort of weapon. The swan maiden never truly understood the reason to take another's life if the circumstances didn't rationalize it. This fierce battle dignified such actions, but she still couldn't bring herself to outright slay someone.

Suddenly she was semi-airborne and she used that momentum to continue a forward roll until she crouched low to the ground; one leg out stretched. Aeris didn't hesitate once she realized he wasn't going to be following her anymore. The lithe apprentice used that unnatural dexterity to come to a standing position and made her way to the ladder.

As she ventured towards it in a hasty run, she yelled, "it is good to see everyone alive, the time is now. This has to end. Nadia should be in position by now. If she is not, this all was for nothing."

Aeris didn't stop moving. As she passed Rakhash she demanded, "don't die on us, don't leave Lianelle alone." In uttering such words the lady hoped to give the Champion of Innocents determination. It seemed that each person here was fighting for something they believed in.

The mysterious woman reached the ladder and climbed it with seemlingly borrowed speed from their goddess. Once she got to the top of the structure she peered down and around Nabob's station.

She saw Jin battling numerous guards at once. He was allied with a half-giant, who earned a sincere thank you when this was all over with. She witnessed a dark-elf threatening a guard and Rakhash simply protecting. This wasn't the time to be squeamish.

Aeris had been searching for a home for so long since her parents died. The colony, although still her kin, didn't quite feel right afterwards. The maiden had become instant friends with Akuta and even Nadia. Jin, on the other hand, held something else. Maybe he was her soul mate, she didn't know. Anasis knew, but she wasn't telling. Still, as she peered down upon the people who trusted her, her emotions intertwined.

Time seemed to slow to the elevated being. The swords that crashed to the ground appeared to hover above the soil as the clattered. Sprays of blood defied gravity; darting through the air in horizontal lines. People's lifeless gazes laid in limbo as their once fiery faces began to run cold. Tears started to run down the swan's face, so much carnage. The sacrificed lives was about to stop.

Aeris closed her eyes. She Who Brings Winds, hear my cry. Hope dangles on a string, like slow spinning redemption. Winding in and winding out the shine of it has caught my eye. It has roped me in, so mesmerizing, so hypnotizing; I am captivated. Give your children the hope they need to continue on. These people have unlocked their hearts to trust a complete stranger ... I am dropping my guard to save them. Give me the strength to help ... anyone.

The fair-skinned female's eyes snapped open. While she prayed she worked her magics. She looked down at the citizens of Abu`Sahir and unleashed what she had been hiding for so long.

Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

As Gorgoniy tumbled through the dirt of the square, his thoughts were tightly wound around his determination to get out of this tight squeeze in one piece. I was just looking for a whore-house, by Joya's tits! Just look at me now!

An impact with someone's leg interrupted his fierce thoughts. Softly grinning he kept rolling, not noticing the deadly ending his rather innocent manoeuvre had. The tumbling halfling caught a fleeting eye of some huge feet with a slowly expanding blood stain on them. A spike of jealousy nettled him. Look at those. That's what I call feet! This crack in his focus caused a rather disturbing wobble in his rolls. Hauling his senses back to the job at hand he compensated and once again spun around tight and taut like a snail shell.

Suddenly a very curvaceous beauty grabbed his attention. The lecherous thoughts springing up all over his mind, totally and utterly destroyed his concentration. With a painful thud Gorgoniy landed flat on his back. The ultimate vision of grace and randiness presented him with even more perfect skin as she leapt forward on her victim. For a split second the excited sailor envied the guard being straddled by the woman. The loud snap that followed banished that thought from his mind in a blink. A fork was pierced into his belly and started to twist his insides as if they were noodles. Well, at least it felt like it.

Unnerved by the bucketloads of blood and dreadful injuries, Gorgo lost his bravado. Looking around desperately he sought for a way out. The ladder still leaned against the building. It seemed to be the closest exit out of the mess, so he ran for it. His large, hairy feet powered him onwards, towards his goal. One leap right over the now paralysed guard would get him to the bottom of the steps up. Inhaling deeply he picked up speed and jumped...

Post by Guest »

Murat stared in disbelief what happened before his eyes, when the guardsman was impaled by the sword of one of his fellows, as he slid into him through the force of his kick. The other he had been fighting moved between himself and the wounded guardsman, probably to shield him from a further attack. The half giant shook his head towards the motioning guardsman before him and replied the motion with a few words. "I don't wish to kill him, get your friend to a healer, so he may live to fight another day. If I wanted either of you dead, I would have used by blade, instead of my feet. Now hurry and leave that sword where it is, lest you want him to bleed to death before he reaches the healer."

Slowly he glanced at Jin and moved as swiftly as possible to aid him if needed, counting on the guardsman to help his friend, but he did keep his ears open for approaching footsteps from behind. Murat placed himself between Jin and his attackers, sword in one hand and the shield pointed outwards to the guards. He looked briefly at the slave and bellowed. "Get yourself out of here, before you get yourself killed. Go help HER." He didn't even bother to explain his words, figuring that Jin would know what he meant.

His eyes turned towards the guardsmen in front of him and just shook his head at them, while narrowing his eyes. "Now I have tried to remain friendly and even tried very hard not to get anyone seriously injured. I demand however that you leave now, before I lose my patience!" His voice had been gruff and hard, yet he did so on purpose, while staring straight at the guardsmen. Blood was trinkling down from the wound on his calf and he realised this all too well. He played at high stakes at the moment, but used his means of persuasion upon the others were attacking Jin a few flickers earlier, while at the same time he rose to his full height and took a menacing stance, as if ready to take on the rest of them.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai had got what he wanted out of the man, he had stopped the other guard from carrying on, though he did give Rakhash, a wound, nasty but not life threating. Jadmai was with disbelief for just a flicker:

That man was most likely repaying a debt of helping this woman, but he saved my life.

It wasn't a thought he relished, in fact, he knew he would feel indebted to Rakhash. He had directly stopped Jadmai's demise, when all Jadmai did was stop Lianelle from being accosted, they wouldn't kill her.

Then Jadmai's mind sunk back to more than two or three days ago...and he changed his mind quickly. No, they would have killed her just like hunted down his people, mostly unarmed, like dogs and butchered them. Thousands of them. Thousands.

He had no need for this guard anymore, he was useless anyways, the army was growing, and this fellow wouldn't be any leverage. He would be a useless quivering shell of a man, covered in his own urine in any second. Then he would just be a hinderance. It was time to dispatch him.

Nearly all my brethren are gone. You almost killed my clensed my entire race, and you, you god damn coward want mercy. You have a wife and kids, you probably slaughtered my wife before I met her.

This unchecked rage built in Jadmai, as he stared at the man which Jadmai had his entire world at the point of his blade. He thought his blood more precious.

Clarity smacked Jadmai across the face. Conscience more than anything, he new love for the Moonlady.

Kill you or not, I will still have the stigma of being the amoral, vauleless dark adhiel. Well...I can live with that. Jadmai looked around him again. Or die with that.

"Take your fellow man to a healer, and go to your home." Jadmai shoved him hard out away from him up the street.

Jadmai heard the voice of the woman he had just risked himself for, she seemed to know far too much about this, "My name is Jadmai. Jadmai Av'Zathrak. What is going on? do you have a hand in this? People are dieing." Jadmai told his name, and asked his questions in a very flat tone. He was getting to tired to be angry at her. Or anyone else. He had lived over 120 yarhen on Tazlure, and he just wanted to have one more day at this point--it was all the farther he could look forward.

He jogged over to Rakhash, who the stunning woman just told to protect someone, it was rather obvious who anyways. He made sure that Rakhash did not think him hostile as he approached, but he was rather sure he got the point by now.

"Let me see your uninjured arm." Jadmai would take to his tunic, and cut off a strip of it, with his stiletto. "Wrap it tight, but not overly so. Come, we will fight together. Back to back, we will be each others eyes for what we cannot see, as we protect your friend. And as we do so, you will tell me what is going on." He went back to Lianelle, looking over his shoulder to see if Rakhash would follow.

Post by Guest »

Rakhash prepared to charge forward and meet the man with his brute strength, all but ignoring the gash in his arm, until the captive guardsmen yelled out for them to stop. Skidding to a halt, his breathing heavy with the rush of adrenaline still, the young man stood up straight and took a step back, allowing the man before him some leeway as he stood defenseless. He slid his gaze down to the arm that had sustained damage, and raised an eyebrow as though the thing were something of interest, and not a source of pain. It seemed as though he could barely feel the cut, as though the blade had never struck, and the new warrior had trouble even putting words to what had occurred. Rakhash had never sustained any major injury before now, it was certainly a jolt for his senses to experience one so suddenly.

Responding promptly as things once again came into focus in his mind’s eye, he tentatively reached over with his one hand, and ran a finger along the gash. Grimacing, he sucked in air between his teeth and clenched his fist tightly. Now was not the time to contemplate the repercussions or dynamics of his injury however, and despite the pain that now roared within his arm, he clenched his teeth and resolved to move forward. Flashing a cruel grin at the captive man as blood dripped from both his wound and his fingertips, he forced himself to chuckle. “Yes, you helped,” he said sardonically. He let the words linger in the air, without continuing on or responding to the man’s plea. The young man was content to let the dark adhiel put forward his judgement.

Rakhash turned to Lianelle quickly as she addressed him, gladdened at the sight of her safe, and the sound of her voice so melodic to his ears. Forcing himself to smile in a somewhat reassuring manner, he shook his head slowly. “Just a scratch, Lianelle, I’ll be fine,” he replied casually, while mentally rushing to try and find someway to dull the pain. Facing the dark adhiel again, his face expressed no emotion once more, and he stood in silence as Jadmai allowed the men to leave. Perhaps it was more than they deserved, but Rakhash was thankful to avoid more bloodshed.

Watching warily as the dark man approached, he proffered his uninjured arm when asked. The man, despite being party to what had occurred in the dungeon, had helped them here, and it seemed as though they were in no position to be overly mistrusting. Taking the cloth Jadmai cut, Rakhash clumsily attempted to slide it around his arm with one hand. After a few attempts, he managed to tug it into a fairly tight tourniquet. Grunting, slightly, but forcibly attempting to keep it subdued so as not to worry the princess, he nodded towards Jadmai. “I guess we’re in this together, then, dark adhiel. I’ll help you, but I’ll expect a little bit more in the way of answers from you if you want us to answer any of your questions.” Turning back to face Lianelle, he gazed at her intently. “Unless you have any objections?” He asked. Even standing at the scene of a battle, bloodied and pained, she instilled him with a kind of strength. Silently, he awaited an answer, his vigour renewed.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The slaves and guards alike watched as Aeris climbed the ladder. They didn't know what the stranger was doing, but their prayers were with her just as her ascended to the heavens. We are, we are, intrigued. We are, we are, invisible. Oh, how we've shouted, how we've screamed, take notice, take interest, take me with you. But all their fears fall on deaf ears as they continued to fight against the unbalanced odds. Nothing was in their favour now.

Nodding to Murat's words Jin rushed forward as Gorgoniy tried to climb the ladder behind Aeris leaving Murat with the fleeing guards who listened intently to his instructions on taking their leave. At this point, injured and tired, they weren't going to argue the point, but accept it, and hope the huge man wouldn't follow after and attack them. Gorgoniy would feel a tug as his pants were grabbed and then the overwhelming feeling of gravity would take over as he was falling down the ladder. Jin kicked over the ladder, leaving Aeris on the rooftop alone, with her prayers and tears.

Gorgo hit the ground with a thump, and he would be met with the face of the slave he had just helped with his tumbling act. "Sorry mate, one on the roof at a time." He winked and turned around to see where his half-giant friend had gone off to. "Maybe I should keep you company, hmm?" He stared down at Gorgo, seemingly prepared to take him down another peg should he try to get up onto the roof again. Murat was already going to be distracted by a familiar face.

"Murat!" The bright green eyes of Maharrem, the thief, stared up at the half-giant. "What in the name of Anasis is goin on?!" He wailed. The young man was carrying a wooden stick, that had been the only weapon he could find. "I saw you over the crowd. Easy to spot." The youth grinned and winked. "We need to get back to the bad omen. The army is gathering up everyone!" Maha looked up at the roof where Aeris was and squinted. "Well, I'll be. She's not a dragon, but wow." One of his brows raised as he looked at her. A strange glow had already started to form around the woman. It was white but faint, and barely noticable. "Dragons aren't the only mythical creature to find in Amun Rah..."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you..." The guard whimpered to Jadmai. The guard which Jad had set free made it ten feet before tripping and knocking over a torch. A pungent scent of oil from the cask which Rakhash had spilled through the streets had almost entirely blended with the coppery fragrance of blood, atleast, until the fire began. Then a new odor flooded the nostrils of everyone; the scent of burning bodies. It was a full smell that filled the lungs with the acrid flavour of burning hair and caused the eyes to water. Flames licked up the side of a tent and started to burn one of the merchant stalls full of incence creating even more smoke.

The piece of cloth that Jadmai gave to Rakhash atleast prevented his blood from escaping much further from his body, but it was far from perfect. He would need to see a healer soon, or it was going to be bad news for him. Where they were, no guards seemed to approach. Between the flames, the smoke, and now the strange woman standing atop of the stall, they gave them their space. Lianelle met Jad and Rak halfway. "Anasis! Look at your arm!" The princess frowned, but realized that it wasn't something they could worry about right that flicker, and so she pushed it to the back of her mind, but knew as soon as they got home. She paused at the notion. As soon as we get back to Anurith's... yes, that is what I meant. Then she would help him and get him bandaged properly. "Jadmai." The girl nodded. "I am Lianelle, but you already know that. It is better to be actually aquainted though." She glanced at Rak. "And this is Rakhash. Under different circumstances, I'm sure it would be our pleasure." She smiled, ever the diplomat, no matter what was going on around them.

Overhead the light that was accumulating around Aeris was continually becoming brighter as her prayers continued. A chorus resounded around her, and she was immediately reminded of her dream, of the song she had heard sung to her in the marsh by the animals and the water and the plants themselves, and yet from nowhere. The luminous mist wove around her fair form and twisted into strands circling her body and passing through her. A wind that was only around her, pulled at her hair and skirt and tossed it about, exposing her legs one flicker and hiding them again the next.

As the swanmaiden's eyes opened she looked down on a crowd of eyes turned to her. No one moved. Those that had been in a battle stopped to watch the magicks that were being worked in the center stage of Nabob's stall. Their necks craned and looked upwards as if absorbing what they saw. But then something else started happening, around them the white mist formed. It seemed to pull out of the bodies of the men who had fallen to protect their home, the etherial strands wove and pulled from them and surged forward, upwards, and joined the growing orb that surrounded Aeris' body making the fog even more opaque in it's intensity. Other colors joined the pure bubble -- some blue and red here and there, a green twining in among the other strands discernable enough so that they stood apart as if yarn.

Then the bubble expanded quickly before retracting so much that it disappeared entirely, leaving the eyes of the onlookers suddenly darkened, that is, until the explosion of light from Aeris as she was backed by two huge wings, pure and white and downy and appearing softer than a dove's which grew from her back. As they grew to their full size Aeris could feel them, but she wasn't pained by their presence, it just took some adjustment.

There was a gasp from the men who looked upon her, and they were horribly unsure whether this had made her that much more desirable or disturbing. The men who had been tainted by Alaha's words, looked up at her, and felt a solidarity, as if he had been right, she was a witch and a beast, and she had to be stopped. "KILL HER!" One guard cried as he pulled a bow from his shoulder and notched an arrow.

Jin's attention had been entirely removed from Gorgoniy as he looked up at the woman. He had nearly fallen in love with her on sight, and he hadn't even realized what she was capable of. His eyes had grown exponentially as he stared at her newly transformed with impressive angel's wings as a fall back on her beautiful face. She had told him not to look at her, but he just couldn't help himself.

Maharrem looked at Murat. "Like I said. Not a dragon, but wow." Already he was calculating what sort of price she might fetch on the black market, there was just a problem of catching her first. As the man pulled the bow and aimed at his would-be moneymaker, he pounced and knocked it from his grasp. He was, however, not ready for a fight. Other's were preparing to take her down as well. The army that had been gathering up the men at an amazing pace were somewhat halted by this turn of events. They hadn't really heard of swanmaidens being ravenous creatures... but sometimes it's best to watch for a while. So, hanging back a bit, they waited to see if she would attack the guards.

Lianelle, however, didn't even question Aeris' intentions. "She's trying to martyr herself. Bring attention to her, rather than to everyone else." She stared at the form with awe. The mist still collected around Aeris, and swirled as before, but not as thickly as it had, leaving her just slightly glowing. "We can't let her." She said to both Jadmai and Rakhash.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

Gorgoniy was relieved to reach the roots of the ladder. Looking up he was met by the marvelous sight of female forms. The tough, little sailor hesitated a flicker to admire the view before he reached up with his hands and started to climb the ladder. Before he managed to get very high, he felt a tugging at his trousers. SHARKS AND SQUIDS! Wha...

The small halfling tried to grapple for a strong hold to keep his footing on the ladder, but his efforts were in vain. Gravity combined with the pull of the young man beneath him send him crashing down. Gorgo landed flat on his back. "Ouch!" Gathering his breath he was confronted with the handsome face of Jin. The man prattled some words at him accompanied by a wink, but the red hot haze smothering Gorgoniy's mind blotted them out completely.

His thoughts weren't on reaching the rooftop anymore, they had rather violently shifted to torture and murder. With flaming eyes the vertically challenged salt-sniffer jumped up. "You, you, SLIMY MUSSEL-HUMPER! Why in Vargaz's name did you do that? I just wanted to get out of this pock-ridden, sinking ship!" The overpowering rage ruling his body seemed to double his size. An aura of violence and nastiness billowed around Gorgo.

"Get your puckered butt out of my way before I spear you on a bowsprit!" His head had turned a bright red by now. Gorgoniy's whole body trembled with hardly contained anger. He pointed his hook at the young slave. "May your legs turn to salt pillars and a mangy goat lick away on them! OUT...OF...MY...WAY!"

The foaming halfling's ranting was interrupted by a strange hush blanketing the crowds. All heads turned towards Gorgo...well, at least it felt like it. Becoming rather conscious of all the attention he clamped his jaws shut. Slowly the crimson fog lifted from his eyesight. Just then he noticed that the eyes of the people around him were pointing over his head - which wasn't very hard - to the top of the building.

Turning around he was presented with a glorious sight. The hot and raunchy maiden he had peeped at earlier somehow had turned in a one-woman-light-show. Gorgo didn't think it to be very impressive as one of his special brews gave him the same visions. Peering around he noticed that the others obviously thought it to be pretty splendid.

Seeing as Jin also was completely absorbed by the sight, the small hothead seized the opportunity for revenge. He moved softly behind the enthralled, young man and - with a satisfied grin - punched in the general direction of his left kidney. That should hurt!
Last edited by Gorgoniy on Wed May 11, 2005 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Murat, stunned a little at first by the sight that developed before his eyes, regained his senses quickly and moved as fast as he could, shield-first into the guard that Maharrem had attacked. He nudged the boy on his way and stated dryly: "Why don't we get the hell out of here, while we still can, Mar? Lead the way back and i'll try and cover our backs." With his head he directed the boy's attention to the gash on his leg, then refocussed on their safety. "I have a bit of a problem here, so the sooner the better. You can gawk at the lady all you want at a later time, for I think we haven't seen the last of her yet." A slight grin covered his face, although the wound stung like a bee and the blood was already starting to run dry. It would surely need to be cleaned out once hey got to the tavern, but that the half giant would worry about at the time they got there.
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The winged-woman scanned the crowd and the Rafao's guards alike. Good.. she thought. The plan had worked. Nadia should have slipped into the palace as everyone in the city was distracted by her demonstration.

The faces that peered at her at that given flicker made way to expansive minds. Aeris could feel the eyes staring, the eyes calculating. She knew vague information about the underground black market, and even what such a bounty could pull from an investor. Aeris knew that with her bold move she was be seen as a creature, and beast, a demon. However, the worst of the eyes was Jin's. The apprentice fixated on his face and seemed to not to be able to look away.

I told him not to look, rang in her mind along with the saddening song. There was a flare of something behind his eyes, something the maiden tried to read and no to read all at the same time.

As the elusive song played within her mind, the talking fish and bird swept into her cranium like that belonged there. The strange walk through the desert, especially Neyla. Everything from her dream came back to her in a powerful tidal wave crashing down with tremendous force.

The wings started to move. She extended them to full length, stretching them out. She moved her back at a certain angle, realigning all the vertebrate in one liquid movement. Aeris flapped her angelic attributes, creating a slight breeze.

Weapons became more visible to the standing woman and she guessed that things were going to turn back to awefulness if she didn't keep the charade up. Anasis, give Lady Nadia the haste to save the rest of these people. Give her the strength to overcome what ails our Desert King. Bestow hope within the hearts of us all. Her wings beat faster and harder as she prayed. Before she had finished, her feet no longer touched the roof.

Her mind rewound to when the High Priestess explained how to work the light of magic. Aeris recalled what Nadia said and mimicked her teachings. She pulled the magical energy from around herself in the attempt to form miniscule orbs of glowing light. The glass-blower pictured the objects in her mind, them floating and jetting through the crowd. She needed time. If nothing else, the swan maiden was going to give them a spectacular show.

Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Jadmai nodded to Rakhash, as he walked back towards whom he was protecting.

He paused for a moment, it what seemed to be a few flickers of relief from combat, "You would be surprised on how little answers I have. More likely, I have similar experiences. The only aspect of myself that probably interests you, is that I am staying in the palace, now that it helps much, I do not exactly get to roam freely."

Jadmai stood for a second as he saw the small being, trying to climb the ladder only to be thrown down, he took a few steps forward, and yelled to him, "Hey, you, the scavenger that picked up my blades, how about returning them...timely."

He then heard the comments about the swanmaiden, trying to draw attention.

When trying to save a martyr, one usually joins them.

"I have no idea, on how draw people away from something like that." He said shaking his head, then looked at the fire from the torch. "The torch fires, maybe they could make enough smoke, I can't get to close to them though, that much light that close will make me not see. You'll have to find others to actually do it, if the idea sounds like it works."

He watched Gorgo, to see his reaction, and then kept his head on a swivel to watch for more attackers or any other short blades he could use, if the fellow wouldn't give his blades up.
Last edited by Jadmai on Sun May 22, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Rakhash’s face contorted into one of disgust as the nearby flames stretched higher and higher into the sky, billowing smoke and dispersing the acrid stench of burning flesh into the air around him. He coughed, attempting futilely to force from him the pollution that clouded the environment, before growling angrily and turning from the sight of the rapidly expanding fire. The young man found himself, as his eyes scanned out into the market, captivated by the scene around Aeris. His eyes widened in disbelief slightly, before he dismissed the oddity of it in favour of a more rapid response to the immediate situation. She was an odd girl, and the circumstances which surrounded these events were strange, to say the least, it seemed to be just on more addition to the pile that the pale woman was more than what she had seemed to be originally.

Turning to Lianelle as she too took hold of the situation and tried to respond to Aeris’ transformation, he nodded grimly. “I suppose you’re right,” he replied softly, before surveying the scene once more in an attempt to find some solution to the problem. The burning inferno was still growing, belching out even more smoke and stronger fumes into the air. Few items remained as viable tools to support a diversion, and Rakhash was unsure of what more they could do to distract the soldiers, given that the flames themselves seemed to be no deterrent. Still, he searched frantically, pinning down his panic with chains of calm resolve.

As the dark adhiel spoke up, the young warrior shook his head. “Somehow, dark one, I don’t believe we have enough time to create enough smoke to divert their attention. Besides,” he said, before pausing to indicate the smoke rapidly rising into the air from the flames, “there seems to be enough smoke around anyway.” Turning to look at Aeris, and the guards threatening her, once more, he found himself without a logical way to avoid losses while still keeping the winged one safe.

“Tell me, do you believe that your gods will protect you if the cause is righteous? Do you believe we have a cause here worth the lives that the fight has cost?” Rakhash asked solemnly. How much time could Aeris need? Flickers, given the rate at which the magic seems to warp the situation. We have but flickers yet to choose a course of action, then. He turned to look into Lianelle’s eyes with the intent of memorizing the exact way she looked. Wheels turned within his mind to come to a conclusion that seemed to him to be the only way to achieve the goals they had set for themselves. It was obvious that Aeris was instrumental to the plan at hand, and it was obvious that the restoration of the Rafao was essential to all peoples on Amun Rah, both Lianelle’s and his own. There could be no doubt the cause was worthy, and if he was going to go out like this, he was going to remember the woman he loved as vividly as he could.

“I think that what we are doing is worth something, and I don’t think we have time to find a compromise for safety.” He hefted the blade he held in his hand as though it were heavier than it actually was. “I think we had better follow the swiftest path to any destination, as straightforward as possible. I don’t know where your values lie, but I think I’m going to give the guards another tangible enemy to fight, rather than attempt to create a pillar of smoke.” He shook he head, glancing quickly at the princess once more before staring at the group ahead of Aeris’ stall. “She shouldn’t need too long to work her magic, and you’re swift. How long can you fight in the middle of a group of soldiers?” He asked softly, before forcing a small laugh.

Rakhash walked forward, attempting to avoid the flames, in order to get a better view of the group of soldiers. “I love you, Lianelle,” he said, turning to her, “and if I don’t come back I need you to remember it.” Looking back towards the soldiers, he spoke over his shoulder to Jadmai once more. “Come, or don’t, adhiel, but make the choice now.”
Ashari

Closing time

Post by Ashari »

Gorgo's fury only added to Jin's amusement of the situation, and it wasn't until the menacing hook was pointed in his direction that he actually gave some thought to the halfling doing him harm. "Now now, let's not do something we'd regret little friend." He smiled and raised his hands to show that he wasn't armed and there was no need for him to continue hurtling threats or insults towards him. The slave was bleeding a bit, he had been injured during the battle. "I've got to keep the lady safe, that's my charge. I'm sure you understand, it's not against you. Let me also assure you, ontop of that canopy is no safer than down here. I promise as much."

Jin nodded, but then he was silenced by the view of Aeris and everything, including Gorgo faded into the background as he looked up at her. It was difficult to read his expression aside from obvious awe. As she started expanding her energy and the shock of her sprouting wings wore off, Jin started to turn back to Gorgo, and then recieved the blow to the side. "Hey hey!" He grunted. Jin then heard Jadmai's voice calling to him. "I think he's call you." He said and looked over to the dark adhiel. "And if I were you, I'd give him whatever it is he is asking you for. I've heard dark adhiel's are all trained assassins." He gave Gorgo a look, as if he meant business. "Then again, maybe he'll just kill you on principle for stealing his belongings." Jin shrugged and grinned before giving a wink.

Maharrem looked up at Murat and shook his head violently. "Leave?! How can you even think of it?" He looked shocked at the notion. "Look at all the excitement. You want to miss that? Nothing like this has happened in Amun Rah in ages... this is one of those stories fathers will tell their sons someday!" He stared around in wonderment at the sights and sounds of war. What he didn't realize was that most often, true battle scenes were never spoken of. The men who said they had killed in actuality were the cowards, and the ones who had been forced to take another's life often never brought up the day again. The nuances of war are lost on youth. Maharrem was barely old enough to register death as the end.

"Plus.. there is that woman..." Maharrem stared up at Aeris who seemed to be doing something now, something more even than sprouting wings. "I just want to get a bit closer to her." He had already forgotten that when he came over he suggested they get back to the Bad Omen, his mind was full of her, and whatever she was. "We've got plenty of time to get back to the tavern."

Aeris on the other hand was probably not so concerned with the young man who found her so infatuating. Infact, there was just the one face in the crowd that really mattered, and that belonged to Jin. She saw him, with his handsome face and sculpted muscles, and the fearful, yet keenly interested, look as he stared up at her. However, almost as soon as she had focussed on him, there was the shouts in the crowded and cries for mercy. Somehow, it all seemed bigger, stronger, as if she could feel what they felt as they were watching their lives change before their eyes. Nothing would be the same after this.

Recalling what Nadia had taught her, Aeris found the energies that surrounded her. Whisps of red and black mostly, but within the torrent there were strings of white, most of which had been drawn to her and used during her grand transformation. There were a few remaining, though, and they slipped through her fingers as if made of oil. After a few attempts she was finally able to grab hold of the strands and weave them the way Nadia had, into swirling masses of light which expanded and magnetically drew in more energy from around them. The lumnious balls flowed away from Aeris's fingers. Out toward the people, and then beyond the commoners toward the warriors where they did much to distract and disorganize the otherwise well collected group.

Lianelle looked at Jadmai with hesitation when he said he was staying in the palace. She didn't trust the Rafao, no matter if Nadia had told her it was an unfounded worry or not. To her, he had been the one who dragged her from her home in Nashreen and brought her across the desert from the Emphalis and then finally to a black coach in the city where she was left to whatever fate happened upon her in the streets. She had been lucky, she had been saved, and yet here she was, in the middle of a battle scene with a dark adhiel not as a foe, but as a comrade. It was an interesting position to be in for anyone, nevermind a princess.

No one attacked Jadmai. Infact, much of the fighting had subsided and was secluded to the warriors collecting the slaves who had been rebelling. Most of the city guardsmen had pulled back to safety and were allowed the better trained men to do the work. It was a good idea, as there had been no casualties on the side of the warriors since they arrived compared to the many bodies of guards strewn on Foreigner's Court.

The princess's attention was yanked away from the dark adhiel, however, as Rakhash stated that he was going to go out and fight the warriors. For a flicker she thought him brave and amazing for being willing to put his life on the line to protect his people and his king. Then Lianelle realized that it was Rakhash and that realization made her change her tune. She couldn't stand to let something happen to him. That was why she and Rylas had gone the previous night to Hagmar and had gotten the tonic that melted the metal to free the young man from the desert prison. If she didn't care for his safety then she could've left him there to be killed this morning. Beheaded. She cried out to him as he stepped forward.

"No." She shook her head. "You don't get to leave me, not now, not like this." She ran past Jadmai and grabbed the Champion's arm, the uninjured one and stared up into his face with her dark oxen-like eyes. "We don't need another martyr. I need you. I love you too much to let you leave me like this." Lianelle held onto him with a vice-grip, he was going to have to pry her fingers off of his arm to get free of her grasp. She took a deep breath, she had been thinking about what he said of their cause, of them fighting for something that meant something, that the gods would protect them, and she thought of the dream they had shared together as children, that they had been brought together, and it just seemed too coincidental to not be fated by the gods themselves. "...I love you too much to let you do something for the sake of bravery." Her eyes flicked between his. If he pulled, she would let him go, but he would have to take the initiative.

"HALT!" A voice cut through the crowd and anyone who had ever heard it before recognized it immediately: The Rafao had arrived. A golden chariot emblazoned with the insignia of the desert king was lead by a pair of ebony steads bedecked in glorious armorments. The beasts had been prepared for war. The chariot itself was adorned with metal and the wheels were lined with protruding blades to slice at anyone who dared come too close to His Majesty's transport. The Rafao wore a white tunic and gold belt with many jewels set within it which glittered in the light. He carred his staff that established his position. His head was not shaved clean, infact, he had several days worth of growth upon it which was quite out of character for the leader. Anyone who saw him close up as he passed, such as Murat, Gorgo, Jadmai or Rakhash might notice a definate lacking in his usual eye make-up. Ionis pulled his chariot to the center of Foreigner's Court, cutting through the crowd when necessary, but in most cases everyone got out of his way.

The king was not alone, however, for at his side was the High Priestess of Anasis, Nadia. She wore a simple blue tunic as was her common vestiment and honor to the Lady of the Lake who called Mu-At her home. Nadia was a priestess of the people. They all respected her, and so having her with him was a sign of good faith on the part of the Rafao. Behind the chariot, and running, chained by his wrists at a length of links about six feet long, was a man which some might have recognized, those who didn't soon heard the whispers of others: It was one of the Rafao's priest/bodyguards. He was stripped of the tunics made for his respected office and left nude to show how worthless he was. Even the clothes of slaves were better than he was afforded.

"MY PEOPLE!" The Rafao began. By now all the fighting had ended. The warriors stopped gathering the rioters and the rioters stopped rebelling. Ionis raised a hand in salute to the numerous people who had gathered. "A great treason has befallen Myself." Their leader said solemly. "This-" Here he looked at the tethered man. "Vile creature brought deceit into my household and made plans with another traitor to kill me."

There was an audible gasp from those gathered. If possible, all the air in the entire of the Foreigner's Court was sucked in, and then exhaled with a great whoosh of shock followed by a thousand voices speaking at once. Each wondered how something like this could happen, and what would happen now. "Silence, please." Ionis requested, and the demand was met within several flickers. "Tomorrow, at the hour that this treasonist would have had me killed, he will be put to death. Tomorrow will be a holiday. None are to work. All shall come watch the final words and beheading of Am-Heh at Eveningtide." Turning to Nadia he motioned to Aeris. The High Priestess nodded. "And the chosen of Anasis is to be thanked for her assistance in the saving of My life." Here he gave the young winged woman a very slight bow which Nadia mirrored. "Thank you." He mouthed, but did not announce.

"Now! Please.. all of you return to your homes. Sleep well and be prosperous." The Rafao snapped the reign which was attached to the horses and the animals started walking. Nadia stepped off the chariot and out of the way of the chained traitor. Ionis passed through the dispersing crowd much slower this time until he reached where the most of the heroes were located. "Jadmai. Join me." He waited for the dark adhiel to come to the chariot and board with him before encouraging the horses forward again. ((ooc: See side thread titled: Riding with the Rafao -- Jadmai))

Jin couldn't believe what had happened and that everything that he had been told had been entirely accurate, though, there was a lot more that the Rafao had not spoken of as of yet. He supposed that the details would never be released, but that was the way of these things. Looking down at Gorgo he sighed. "Peace, my brother." He offered his hand for the short sailor to shake. "We have done our part to assure the safety of our leader." If Gorgo accepted he would give a hearty handshake before letting go and leaning down to grab the ladder which he righted so it reached back up to the canopy. ((ooc: Gorgo, see next thread titled: Finding a home -- Gorgo))

The slave boy climbed up the side of the merchant stall and then stood on the edge of the rooftop looking at Aeris. He was bleeding and looked a bit paler than the last time she had seen him. The cloak he was wearing was gone and now he was stripped to just a light brown tunic reaching only to his knees. He wore simple rope sandals on his feet. "Were you afraid that I would find you too beautiful and that you would never be able to shake me, m'lady?" He asked as he lifted his hand infront of him, palm up, for her to make the choice if she would take it. "For I can come up with no other reason for you asking me to avert my gaze..." ((ooc: See thread titled: Time Alone -- Aeris))

"Rakhash? Can we go home now?" Lianelle asked as she looked at him. She looked tired, very tired. "Your arm looks.. bad." The blood had soaked through the make-shift tourniquet that the dark adhiel had provided him with from the torn fabric from his own clothes. She still held onto his arm, from prior to the arrival of the Rafao. She was thankful that the leader had shown up when he did, otherwise she might've actually had to fight to keep Rakhash at her side. "I'm sure Yabal is worried about us." ((ooc: See following thread titled: A Return to Roots -- Rakhash))

Maharrem was in wonder at the arrival of the Rafao. "Aren't you glad we didn't leave?!?" He said excitedly to Murat. Then, however, as the action subsided he conceded that it was probably time to go. "I guess you're right. But, Ionis declared tomorrow as a holiday, so, I guess we can only go to that appointment, but can't work. That's great!" He laughed. "Still, sleep sounds really good about now. Oh! And I have so much to tell you about what the cult members said!" He was exuberant if nothing else. ((ooc: See thread titled: Walk about -- Murat))

OOC:
WOW! Everyone, I just have to say: Spectacular job! ::claps:: Feel free to make any final posts in this thread to say g'bye to one another before the final departure. I'm assuming Jadmai would say farewell to Rakhash and there might be some other quick responses as well. I will skill this as quickly as I can, and have fun in the follow up threads! -- Ash
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

Jin's sensible words did penetrate Gorgo's haze of fury, but they lacked the strength to appease the red hot halfling. As the youngster was well and completely distracted the scruffy sailor felt his fist thump into his intended target. Serves you right, you little squid. A satisfied grin lifted his upper lip away from his teeth. Jin's response wasn't quite what Gorgoniy had expected, although the diversionary tactic did work.

When the young man pointed out the dark Adhiel the halfling noticed for the first time the threatening glare directed at him. Not in the least inclined to return any of his hard earned booty, he send out his reply to Jadmai. Not deeming the gloomy figure worthy of his breath he spread out his hand before his nose - pinky pointed at Jadmai - and then he wiggled his fingers in a taunting manner.

"I can take him!" Gorgo turned back to Jin and went on: "He might be a trained assassin, but I'm a tough, blade-munching pirate myself! I can take him easily!" Then a loud 'HALT!' cut his boasting off. The Rafao had arrived. Well, obviously a powerful chap had arrived, but as Gorgoniy was new to these parts he didn't know the imposing character on his opulent chariot.

Silenced like the majority of the onlookers the sailor stood his ground and listened to all the glittering baldy had to say. As everybody gasped at the announcement that the accused had planned to kill the Rafao, Gorgo thought: Clearly poor planning. The sad sod evidently hadn't thought things through... A grin spread over the broad, round face. Ah, a beheading. That should be fun. A warm, fuzzy feeling wormed its way up in the old salt's abdomen.

Jin looked down at Gorgo and sighed. "Peace, my brother." He offered his hand for the short sailor to shake. "We have done our part to assure the safety of our leader." Ripped from his rather stirring inner visions of earlier beheadings he had witnessed, Gorgoniy looked at the offered hand. Violent thoughts mulled around in his mouth. Peering up at the youngster's face he spat out a great, soggy glob of spittle. It landed at Jin's feet. Without a further word the scornful halfling about turned and strode off. Now to look for that whore-house...

OC: Thanks you all, this was a very amusing thread! Jaddy, thanks for the blades. :twisted:

Post by Guest »

At the shout of the Rafao, Murat calmly slid his falchion in it's sheath and during the man's following speech, he put his shield on his back again and let his dagger follow the example of the sword. Finally he had the time to catch his breath a little, which he used to the fullest. The throbbing in the calf of his left leg reminded him he still had something to take care of. He watched the proceeding with interest, in which he noticed that there had been something odd in the Rafao's appearance. From the clear descriptions given to him over the yahren by his father and uncle, he made out that the ruler had been badly 'groomed', compared to his normal looks. The though stuck in his head and he would recall this for quite some time.

Slowly he took a glance at Jin and Aeris, then raised his hand high to greet them, before he turned his attention to Maharrem. "Why don't you tell me all about it on our way to a healer, Mar." The half giant pointed to his calf, showing him the wound he sustained during the fight. "I would like to have this taken care of, before we turn in for the night."

OOC: Thanks Ash, for a wonderfully well-run thread. It has been a while since I was made to think to keep my character alive in a combat situation. Admirable work, dear. :)
Aeris Mourir
Civus

Post by Aeris Mourir »

The plan was a complete success, minus the deaths. The hovering woman's feet touched the thatched stall again. Her wings didn't beat, they laid pressed against her back. Howver, the shocked faces could still see the bend in the wings, since they practically towered over the lady.

The passing of so many was inevitable, considering the demise of the entire island. However, Aeris still considered how noble her actions and the voices of everyone else actually were. As the swan recognized fear behind Jin's eyes, her body grew cold. Goose bumps plagued her skin and yet she didn't budge. Her heart pounded against her chest like a trapped animal. The feelings and worries of everyone peering at the winged woman flooded into her own emotions. It was something she didn't anticipate. Along with the fear the played behind that slaves eyes was care, concern. "I," she started before she noticed movement.

Rakhash's mobility tore her gaze from Jin to himself. "Rakhash, don't ... don't waste your life. Someone needs to get Lianelle back to the desert. Her mere presence will stop the warring tribes."

At that moment their King arrived. The crowd hushed and even some faces turned to Ionis. He calmed the riot with ease as if he had down it numerous times before. Aeris' concentration shifted from the current situation to the new. The Desert King had assured everyone's safety for the remainder of the night. With that notion, her icy body grew to the balmy warmth again and her nerves reverted back to normal.

Suddenly Jin was beside her, she didn't even register the footsteps on the roof. His lips moved and every word was absorbed by the maiden. "So much for our date," she replied. Before she could utter more uncomfortable banter he extended his hand in the attempt that she would respond mutually. She did.

As they walked towards the ladder, her wings began to shed. The magic dissipate. The show tonight would be carried on for ages and ages to come. Maybe Aeris would be around to tell the story herself. She didn't know. All that was certain was that things weren't going to be the same anymore.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Aeris:
Etiquette +**
Conversation +*
Resolve + basic {new skill!}
Pubic Speaking {new skill!}
Whip + ****
Seduction/Woo +*
Pray +basic {new skill!}
Polymorph +**
Flight[Aerobatics] +**

Rakhash:
Conversation +**
Quarterstaff + ****
Pole Arms + basic {new skill!}
Dodge-blow +**
Martial arts +*
Resolve +**
Pray +**
Sword, one handed +basic {new skill!}

Murat:
Armor[leather] +**
Shield + basic +** {new skill!}
Martial Arts +**
Dodge-blow +***
Negotiation + basic {new skill!}
Single combat -- resisting multiple opponents + basic + ** {new skill!}
Conversation +basic {new skill!}

Jadmai:
Armor[leather] +**
Juggling +*
Arobatics +**
Small blades +**
Martial Arts + basic {new skill!}
Persuade + basic {new skill!}
Negotiation +***
Healing (non-magical) +*

Gorgoniy:
Martial Arts + **
Persuade + basic {new skill!}
Conversation + basic {new skill!}
Taunting + basic *** {new skill!}
Tumbling/Arobatics + **

Questions? Comments? PM me about anything concerning skill advances from this thread.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”