The purpose of this forum

Moderators: Vanadius, Guido Cercatoro, Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

The purpose of this forum

Post by Maeve »

This city is called Pax, or in full Pax Baltashar: the peace enforced by King Balthasar I.

All citizens who either admit that they are a pagan, or prefer to live in an area that maintains a religious freedom that is not likely to be found elsewhere in the kingdom, are free to enter. All citizens above 18 are granted a plot of land, including a small modest house of wood with three chambers in the village center. The plot of land is 5 acres and can be used to farm or keep cattle (that you need to buy!), or whatever you want to do with it. Most of the farmland would typically be hold communal, meaning that while you own the land (like a portion of what it raises), all the people work it together in groups.

All you need to do to claim it is to make a post describing your house and plot of land, your PC arriving there and deciding what to do with it.
Last edited by Maeve on Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Kaelara Mentahn wrote:OOC: Maeve, we don't have to play out the discussion, if you send me a PM with basic information of how shopkeeping works when PC related? :D Anything you think I should know that won't come out in play, anyways. :)

Hi Kaelara,

You can dress the shop however you like and take tiny liberties. You can sell to incoming costumers, and assume that you sell at least enough to meet the demands for rent. You will have to give a 10% tax to the Provost, also known as the tenth banner.

Any IC purchase that is made you can keep tally off and offer to me at the end of each day. After deduction of taxes that will be added to your income.

You can also trade with fellow PC's for any arrangement you feel comfortable with. I can see a variety of goods that would be manufactured in a town like this. Lets see if some people can get rich by combining talents ;) The Provost also has a few general food and necessities that he'll want you to sell, as well as seeds and cattle on occassion.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I am getting many inquiries as to jobs available in the town. What can I say? ALL JOBS are still available and you'll have to find your niche IC, but it will not be too difficult. I would like PC's in charge of all important positions in Pax and I'm willing to work with you on this ;)

Return to “The Baron Estates Archives”