Sing their tune- Samheen 25th

Moderator: Mods

Sing their tune- Samheen 25th

Post by Guest »

*Morningtide*

Loraith has decided not to mope after his failure with the purple guard, he had business that was far more important. To an extent he was glad Red and Bortis had snubbed him for it meant he had no chance of not collecting his reward from the ambassador. And if he was to get locked up for the crime he would commit he at least had no organisation such as the guard to deny him entry from it. Plus had that Provost Marshal not been called a knight of Kislovan himself? Perhaps Loraith could somehow use that to obtain a job.

Still with this in mind he entered the Bardic college and laughed off the clerks nervous questions, "No no I am not here for music, I am here to see or perhaps leave a message for an employee of yours Suli d'War his name is. Would it be possible to see the man or as I said leave a message for him?" Loraith had plastered on his face a very genial smile, he had treated Bortis with contempt but this man was a respectable academic and Loraith intended to be utterly respectful and keep his temper underwraps.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

The little foyer was tiny and bare of any great decorations save a pair of modest trees...deciduous in nature...that flanked the door. The desk was little more than a podium of sorts, with appointment schedules and notes scribbled before him. The man didn't seem to mind the interruption at all...the Bardic College was not a busy place...and he considered upon the question carefully.

"Suli...d'War? Hah! The name rings a bell, but there's no one working here by that name..." responded the bird-like man at once, rubbing a thin finger to his chin. "I know I've heard it, though. Might have even met the gentleman. But I can't quite recall where I met him...or for what reason. Are you sure you've come to the right place? Maybe he's an adherent to one of the nearby temples."
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant

Post by Guest »

Loraith smiled gently and nodded gently, "I fear not sirrah, I fear he is working here and speaking to him is the utmost necessity to me, almost a ruling factor in my days at present." He grinned now although the words of the man worried him greatly. "Perhaps if you would do me the grat favour of recalling exactly the man, and where you have heard of him? Perhaps he has very recently become a servant here and you have quite properly misplaced his memory?" Loraith smiled and hoped to jog the memory of this man somewhat.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

"No, he does not work here, sir," replied the man at once, a hand waved negligently aside to indicate the truth of his statement. "This is not so large an institution, and we don't have quite so many employed that I wouldn't know them all by name and by face. And so, I do them all by name...and Suli d'War is not one of them. I know I have met the man recently, but he does not work here. Perhaps if you could tell me something about him I might recall our introduction more easily? For example, what instrument does he play? From where has he come to have a name such as that? Perhaps you might recall his likeness?"

Post by Guest »

Loraith felt a little flash of inspiration as he recalled Meira's exact words. Perhaps he should have spent time quizzing her even more as to the nature of the task as opposed to thinking who to invite to their wedding. Still he shrugged and tapped his head, "I know the man by reputation alone and do not know his face nor his manners, however I have just recalled my friend who told me to find him said he merely offered his work here. Hence he may not be a servant here if you perhaps spoke to him and rebuffed him." He smiled, "If that were the case I am afraid I may have to reverse your questions and have you tell me where he may be or perhaps what he looks like?"
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

"Servant! Yes, now I recall!" shot back the little man. "He doesn't work here, but we did hire him to help with the servant staff a couple nights ago when we brought in extra help to cater to our guests for a Concert. Yes, he came to us, offered his assistance for cheap, and we hired him on the spot. Very amicable and decent young fellow, him. Let me see...he was about average height, my height, and thin, too. He had golden skin...a very healthy tan...and dark hair. His eyes were a dark brown like his hair, and he was dressed in an open vest and wide, billowing pants...typical for some areas of Amun Rah or Kislovan. He seemed awful young. No whiskers upon his chin or upon his chest. And he spoke with a curious lilt that I thought marked him as part adhiel, but he was not. He was entirely human. And I haven't seen him since the Concert that night. We...paid him a retainer, with the rest to come after the Concert stakes, and he wasn't there to collect at the end of it. But I know he did serve at the Concert...I saw him myself."

Post by Guest »

Loraith scratched the top of his head with a look of slight concern on his face. He had presumed this to be an easy task, but he thought perhaps that Meira was giving him a hefty reward for only a little work. He was now sure this would prove to be far more difficult than he had at first assumed. "Now listen I need to find this fellow so if you could recall anything it would be most helpful, perhaps there is a place all these fellows who helped you headed off to? Or perhaps one of your own serving staff who worked with him may remember something?" He smiled, "He must have had a reason for working at the concert that was not about money? Did you happen to observe him doing anything specific? Giving a single person more attention than others or anything?" Loraith looked at the man for at the moment he had no leads, although he suspected this fellow of trying to get close to some elven noble and then give him the dagger, or perhaps overhearing a conversation so he could use it for his nefarious purposes. In fact Loraith quite belived already that this fellow was likely to be in the right, he probably had a very good reason for his crimes and was not the devil Meira wanted, but to be honest the sheer idea of being the lover of such a powerful Kislovani woman who had connections to all the other Kislovani in the city was too appealing. The man was dead and Loraith consicence in a similar state.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

"You know, I think I do?" answered the man at once, his face contorted in memory. He leaned forward on his podium and tapped it fitfully, his eyes staring off into nothing as he recalled that night. "I had a little wine that night myself, and my memory's a bit fuzzy, but I do remember that he had spilled a glass of wine on one of the Western Ambassadors...the woman with dark hair."

"It seemed strange to be at the time because Suli...he was graceful, of you catch my meaning. He was accustomed to handling trays of wine glasses, and he wouldn't have made such a mistake so easily. I laughed it off as distraction. The lady was..." the man's eyebrows raised and his hands came before him, palms together about a foot apart. "...lovely. Oh, she was as tempting as Pan himself, with dark, olive skin, dark hair...and a burgundy dress that was perhaps too concealing, but quite flattering over her rather lovely and...full bosom. Yes, I remember her far better than Suli, haha!"

Post by Guest »

Loraith nodded thoughfully, he realised this man was unlikely to give him any more information. This Suli had vanished and while he saw it was a long shot seeing this woman was about the best chance he had. Naturally the real challenge would be bluffing his way into the Western Embassy without a name. Damn providence, Loraith thought, why must all these people be behind sets of guards that require appointments and so forth. "i thank you for your aid, perhaps this woman shall provide some information, if not then I am afraid I shall be forced to concede my task. But fear not friend I shall see you are rewarded for your information." He nodded his head, "I am in for a feast of the eyes then if this woman appears as you say, but I am afraid I myself rather prefer the elven female, less fat but more grace hmm?" He smiled and patted the desk as he rose totally from his leaning position.

With that he placed a few coins on the table before stalking away from the building, towards the Western Embassy equipped with two vital peices of information. For one he knew what the boy looked like, for two he knew someone who had been close to him and who knows. Perhaps she had traded words with him, it was all he had and it was enough. With his blade flapping against his leg as he walked as though pressuring him for a target, a victim to be driven through. He imagined this boy, this lone wolf running and he was the hunter. Indeed it was an empowering thought, Lord Loraith Kasvenir, the Lord and the assasin like his kinsmen of old. He did not intend to take this up as a living, investigation was not his favourite task but the reward was to great to pass up here. So he moved towards the Western Embassy, of course just keeping an eye out for anyone who matched Suli's description....just in case.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

~Fin! Note, Loraith: I got your PM, and I'm thinking about it! I'll respond soon with my results!

G

Return to “Inner City Archive”