Hex: The in-between marks (Closed)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex picked up a mug of strong honey mead and took it to her lips, pausing as if a shaft of sunlight had blinded her eyes for a moment. Her left eyebrow arched in question of the information that had drifted into her head. Taking a small pull on the mug she brought it down smoothly and quietly placed it upon the table.

Closing her eyes for a moment and taking a deep breath, again Hex paused as if gathering her thoughts. When she opened her eyes they were as cold as the wall and her wicked smile had returned to her lips. Speaking to no person in particular but to all at the same time...

"Tell me, what will be the first thing you do tomorrow? I wonder as I am new here and eager to learn. Do not take my next words as rude for that it not the intention. All I have heard is the lessening of the power of our Queen, even here in this fine hall. I heard the same whispers in Reimhold in the temple there. Yet I found the Queen outside of walls in the wild of the land. I know that I have a lot to learn but perhaps some of you would like to go for a hike with me in the morning light. I will show you a few tricks with weapon and fist and perhaps you could show me some of yours. I belive that you will find the Queen easier without walls around you so much of the time."

Hex picked up her mug and finished it off.

"See you in the morning light."

Hex turned and headed back to her alcove.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

The priests that were still awake were not in the least insulted by Hex'remarks, which was probably good for her.

Instead they shrugged a bit, and a elder lady replied":
"Perhaps you are right, perhaps not. But all the priests who live here permanently are here for a reason. We pray better then we fight.
Some of us are too old, some of us not strong enough. But the Goddess decided to let us live here, and contiounue to serve her.

Others are here for a shorter period, to learn.

She grinned at Hex.
"Maybe you could take a few us them, and take them with you in one of your battles and exchange your tips and tricks?"
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex stood and listened to the reply from the older woman, nodding her head in agreement as she spoke. She too grinned at the idea of taking some of the younger priestess out for training and battle.

"Indeed it is a strange time and we can all learn from each other. Send word that I will meet with whomever wishes to learn in the entrance hall come first light." With that Hex nodded and went back to her sleeping chambers.

Hex woke in the morning before the light had found the temple. There in her chambers she began to clean herself and dress for the days activities. Wearing the simple robes had been nice but the comfort of her armor beckoned to her.

After she had dressed and gotten herself into her battle dress once again, Hex picked up her Glaive and helm, pausing before making her was out of her chamber. Closing her eyes she placed her mind in the empty space that is the wild of Trothgard. For several burns she held the thought of wind whipping snow over a cluster of rocks. Beautiful in her mind, cold and hard, its power untold. Just like her queen whom she serves. Her meditative moment of prayer over, she boldly walked to the main hall.

Let us see what there is to work with this day. Let us begin to train many battle priestess of the Ice Queen..
~
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Hex walked into the courtyard and looked at a vast open space of ice,snow and sunshine.

That was all there was, no trees, no people, no mountains.
When she turned around, the temple was gone, and she looked upon the same icy plain.

The Queens voice whispered on the wind."

"You have learned a lot. Now it is time to part for a while. My temple is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I am everywhere and nowhere.
We will meet again soon, but now you have other tasks ahead of you!"

Hex felt the wind lift up a lock of her hair, and felt the cold touch her scalp. When she looked, ice-crystals had formed on the lock of hair.

"A memory for you, to make you remember..." The soft voice chuckled.
"Untill we meet......soon......"
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex laughed and bowed to the open space.

"I am yours till I am nothing my queen."
~
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

*** The End ***

Skilled 18-01-06

Return to “Trothgard Archive”