A Courtly Venture - Alustariel [Late MT, 25th Sam]

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Alustariel Urdil
Civus

A Courtly Venture - Alustariel [Late MT, 25th Sam]

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

Alustariel retraced the path she had taken the day before, through the gardens that lined the river, over the bridge to the palace and into the magnificent hall in which many folk of Cerleann gathered. She was looking for one in particular. Her goals might be somewhat selfish - but she loved her brother and wanted the best for him.

Alu was looking for Lord Morniendur Baradan, the man she had passed with the Page yesterday. He had been looking at her, she had an inkling as to why. She had looked back at him and caught his gaze - but despite Alu's temptations, she must remain business-minded. She was no longer jovial Lustra Silverhair here, she was Alustariel Urdil, Protector of her brother - She lied and wove decieptful webs as Lustra, if only for the good of her brother, yet she did not like it. Alexu once told her she would be a Champion of Light - these were not the methods of such a Champion. Now it was time to really have her fresh start in Kislovan.

She waited patiently for a Page to attend her and direct her to Lord Baradan. Alu hoped he was at Court today, she looked forward to meeting him but was not even sure if the Lord would remember her face or grant her the chance to speak to him.
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Post by Dartimos Hammer »

OOC: Offstage a nasal voice calls out "And awayyyyyyyyyy we go!"

The same page she had met yesterday saw her from across the open space and hurried over to her, a genuine (or a least genuine appearing) smile on her face. "Milay Silverhair. It is a pleasure to see you again. And how can the Palace assist you this morning?" Her green eyes seemed to take in everything from Alu's posture to her dress, and was clearly pleased with the results.

Upon hearing her request, she informed Lustra that the Lord was in fact here today but that he was currently meeting with several guild-masters, something about duties and tariffs, and other such nonsense but that if she would be willing to wait the meeting should be ending shortly and then he might be available for an audience.
Comfort Level =D / Age = 41 (Gasp!!!)
Posting 1-2 times per week.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Please, m'dear" Alu said smiling back at the page. "Do me a favor, my name be not Lustra Silverhair as I told ye before - I have the disposition (or rather oddity) that I like to travel incognito often and use that as my 'travelling name'- my true name is Alustariel Urdil, or Alu to those who know me better" Alu winked at the Page "I am happy for you to call me either". Alu's smile remained kind and her voice friendly 'I apologise for any confusion, my chat with the Seneschal yesterday put many things right"

"Shall I wait just here until Lord Baradan is shown to me or shall I wait aside his meeting room and speak to him as he leaves?"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"If you please," said the page, seemingly unsurprised at Alu's revelation. "Wait by the meditation pool. I will let him know you are waiting as soon as he meeting is completed."

Alustariel Urdil was taken down a short hall to a long narrow room. The center of the room was a pool, about three feet deep, filled with clear water. The ceiling was open to the sky, letting the sun reflect off the water and the tiny waves made by the breeze as it blew in through the windows. This was enough to make the water ripple and dance in fascinating patterns of light. Seated around the room were stools and couches.

Several were occupied by Adhiel, glazed eyes on the water, as they let their minds and thoughts wander.

The page indicated a couch in an empty area. "Please wait here. I'm sure he won't be to long." And with that she turned back to the exit, leaving the tall mage-in-training alone with her thoughts.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

This page Alustariel thought with interest She acts like she's more than she seems

But Alustariel waved the thought the the back of her mind and followed the Page. The Adhiel here all seemed very different from those who she had met in the Citadel and in Taloh - not by appearance, but by manner.

"Thankyou" Alustariel smiled to the Page once they had reached their destination. The adhiel woman sat neatly on the couch and looked into the water herself - Water was always a calming element in nature, but to the Adhiel, who had so much more of affinity with nature - it was utter bliss, and this was something most of them had in common.

She let her mind fall back into itself and relax fully for the first time since last night - which had been more than an exruciating trial. This venture had not gone as planned - would this meeting be the same - would the Lord Reeve tire of her and turn blunt and cold. All she wanted was a new start for her brother and herself - and while she understood why, most people so far had regarded them with undeserved suspicion.

A small tear fell from Alu's eye and traversed halfway down her cheek before she wiped it off - Alu would not despair, she told herself over and over she was not that weak.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

She had barely wiped the tear away when a hand reached into her perhiphrial vision holding an embroidered linnen handkerchief. "Here, Acha, dry your eyes. There is no sadness here that cannot be reduced by sharing it."

The hand belonged to a fairly tall Adhiel, well dressed, but not exceptionally handsome, who was leaning over the couch proffering the kerchief. As his blond hair swung back Alu was sure that she had seen the face before.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel smiled bleakly at the hand and then at the face. A rathera face - but there was character, and she could tell that there was something else about him in his presence that more than made up what he lacked. She had seen the Lord Reeve and Lord Advocate yesterday, and this was definately the Lord Reeve Baradan "On any other day, I would agree with you wholeheartedly, my Lord Reeve, but unfortunately today, I think it would be best not to. I've already made quite a mess of my own affairs" Alustariel patted the seat beside her on the settee

"I am sorry that you came upon me and seen me shed a tear, but ... thankyou for the handkerchief" The adhiel accepted the linen and dried her cheek.

"Please, I would be honored by your company" She smiled "I am new to Kislovan and know few people, my name is Alustariel Urdil - and you would be milord Morniendur Baradan - unless I am - and I do apologise if I am - mistaken"

--
EDIT - Spelling
--
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Real Life - What a concept!

IC:
Lord Baradan, for that is indeed who it was, sat down, and smiled at her with a nod. "I am indeed. But please acha, call me Mornlendur. It's what my friends do."

His hand reached out and covered hers, allowing her to feel the warmth of his hand. It was a forward gesture, but not necessarily uncalled for given the level of physical contact she had seen since arriving on the island.

"I often come here myself to think and reflect and to let the motion of the water still the circling of my thoughts. But come, if things are as bad as you say, then certainly you can use the sage advice of one of the Lords of Kislovan."

The last was said with a mild snort, showing her the level of respect he was giving his own position.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"As you wish, Morniendur" she smiled, quite comfortable with his hand resting over hers. This room was so close to providing a great relaxed feeling of euphoria - its peace, calm and nature were the very innate things that bound most Adhiel, including Alustariel.
"I am merely upset at myself, Morniendur" Alustariel kept her smile, her voice soft now that the distance was closed when the Lord sat down on the settee.
"It is more or less, a naive girl falling short of her own expectations. I am a fledgling mage, many such people must go through this sort of thing" she offered a smile, Alu felt like she could open up to this man and with his reassuring tone and tell him everything and seek his advice, but her experience with the Seneschal yesterday had told her that some things were better left unsaid.
Alustariel Paused
"However, I would not turn away your sage advice so quickly, Kislovite Lord" Alustariel said, The last words Alu said with a mischievous smile in answer to the Lords earlier snort. "There is one other thing that stays in my mind"
"A friend of mine, believes he is to blame for something that is not his fault. It consumes him, confuses him, and angers him all at once - how can I support somebody like that when I have tried to and failed him?"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

As Alu finished speaking she could sense a change in the Lord Baradan. His hand slipped away from hers, even as he turned to face her directly. His expression was intense, his eyes wide open and scanning accross her face. In the silence of the room she could even hear his breathing change slightly, speeding up as his face aquired a slight, smile might be the best word for it, although if it was a smile, it was the kind made by a jungle cat approaching its prey.

"Hmmmm." Unconsiously, he licked his lips, clearly lost in thought. "It is said that the definition of madness is to continue to repeat the same behavior, while expecting a different outcome. If your friend will not accept your word that whatever happened was not your fault, then repeating that claim, will certainly be rebuffed as well. There must be another path to showing your support. As vexed as this friend sounds, I wonder if a major change of sceneary might help him break his black mood. And knowing that you would take the effort to provide this might would clearly show both that you care and that you continue to care for this person."

With a long intake of breath his body relaxed. A decision made, a problem solved. His smile was again open and friendly, and his hand reached out to retake hers.

"On Rasday, some friends and I are going to go big game fishing, and bring our catch back, asuming we catch anything, for a party that evening. You, and your friend must join us. I will let Argil know that he should expect extra guests, there is certainly room on the boat."
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Sage advice indeed, Morniendur!" Alustariel smiled, but at the moment she felt his hand touch hers again, she knew the matter was to be dropped and for them to now discuss other things, like getting to know each other.

"Rasday - tomorrow?" Alustariel thought aloud "Well, I suppose I can make an allowance for that" The adhiel woman's smile broadened.

"Yes, you may tell the Lord Advocate that I will be in attendance, mayhaps then you and I may enjoy another good chat"

Alustariel turned her gaze back to the trickling water. Then reached down and pulled at her mage robes, not unsightly - but hardly elegant.

"My, I shall have to find something better to wear though - the lovely saris that women wear around here, where can I get one?"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

Lord Baradan's eyes took on that glazed expression that Alu had come to know as common among many men when the subject of clothes shopping was brought up. However, with what she was beginning to recognize as his characteristic energy when faced with a problem, he pulled over one of the pages as was able to get directions to Audrey's, a store that carried the sort of quality that a lady of court would expect.

After making sure she had directions and the time to meet tomorrow (late morningtide at the pier), he was preparing to take his leave when a voice called out over his shoulder,

"There you are Morniendur! We have the hearing on the FireLords and the recent raids starting shortly. I'll meet you there, I understand that I have an audience here first, but I'll do my best to keep it short."

Standing in the doorway was the Lord Advocate, looking both as regal, and as relaxed as she had last seen him. He was clearly an adhiel who knew how to wear power, and for whom it was a well tailored garment.

OOC: With the Sync event, you can either start an early 26th MT thread if you want to actually play out the shopping, or you can just use the shopping button and purchase what you need and assume that it happened either late on the 25th or early on the 26th.

I will start the sailing trip thread tomorrow and PM you with the link.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

OOC: Gown bought, let's go sailing :shock: :P

It took Alustariel a slight moment to realise that the Lord Advocate's audience was her. He was a good deal taller than Morniendur, and his clothes obviously did not come cheap. Sensing that Morniendur was about to leave though, Alustariel stood to see him go.

"Morniendur, if you must go - take care until tomorrow, and thank you for your kind words"

"Lord Argil" Alustariel smiled politely at the new arrival "I am Alustariel Urdil, a pleasure to meet you of course"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

OOC: I am sorry about the delay. I am still getting the hang of modding. I forgot I had left this one hanging until I went to post the luau. :oops:

"M'lady." Argil's voice was deep for an adhiel. "I understand you wanted to see me. How may I help you?" He reached forward to clasp her hands warmly.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"Ah...Lord Argil, it was originally Lord Morniendur that I sought. The page must have misinformed you" Alustariel said "I'm very sorry if you have been distrubed on my part.

"However" Alustariel said with a slight start before carrying on with a hushed voice.

"There is something you might wish to hear, or that I feel you might need to know. I understand that as Lord Advocate you preside over Legal Matters and follow the affairs of the Brotherhood of the Wolf and Firelords closely. Is this correct?"
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

While she was talking Argil was standing comfortably, waiting. As her words sunk in, she could see his eyes open wider for a moment. He took a step closer, well into Alu's personal space, before responding.

When it did, it was in a voice even softer than the one she had used. "I am indeed charged with following the activities of both groups. Is there something you wished to discuss?"
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Without explaining further, Alu began to recount what had happened outside the Inn the Night before. Her voice a hoarse whisper, straining to be unheard by stray ears.

"Last night, I was implicated in an incident outside the Lotus Blossom Inn. I tried to grasp at magical energy outside the Inn itself - unfortunately it was more than I could handle and an explosion occured"

"A girl, a human girl, Soffiene, was hurt - badly burned by the magical power. With the help of others, we healed her, but the audience around us was primarily human. They called out when they saw the commotion - I marked what they said to each other.... a human girl is hurt, the adhiel are ok - they called down the lightning"

Alustariel could feel herself getting upset again but managed to hold back any outward emotion.

"I hold nothing against humans, but you can see how this situation looks. After we healed Soffiene, her brother Dylain was gratefull to me - as although I had caused the damage I refused to let her die"

"I was worried, if you can understand, that if this news were to reach you in any other form, you might consider me a potential ally of the Firelords - which I can assure you I am not - worse still, I am worried that the Brotherhood could use this incident to inflame anger amongst the humans and fuel their cause"

"I want you to know that I understand completely how this information is most grave given the current tensions. If you feel that you would like me to help you in any way to ease tension and avoid confict - then (as more than a obligation to atone for my foolishness) I would be happy to help" Alustariel offered a polite smile
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dartimos Hammer
Mod Trainee

"I see. Well this puts an entirely new light on information from this morning. I do not mean to be rude m'lady, but if you will excuse me there are some things I must follow up on. If all goes well I will look forward to at the party tomorrow."

With something that is halfway between a wave and a salute, his eyes pursed in thought, Argil turned and headed down one of the hallways out of the room that Alu had not yet been down.

OOC: I that this closes out this thread unless you have something else you want to do. Let me know.

Return to “Kislovan Archive”