Of Ports and Pleasantries - Ari (Sam 21, Late TT)

Moderator: Mods

Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Of Ports and Pleasantries - Ari (Sam 21, Late TT)

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

The air in the city had been sluggish, its dance confined by the constrictive buildings which lined the streets. Here, by the port, a heavy breeze tottered among the fish-sellers and hawkers. Merchant shops gave way to warehouses, with a few buildings catering to sailors scattered among them. The <i>scree-ya... scree-ya</i> of seabirds echoed from barrel-tops and building ridges, as the avians mocked and cajoled the passerbys, hoping for tidbits of food from pitying or idle hands.

The lines and flags adorning the various ships flickered in that faint breeze before hanging, hesitant and limp in seeming boredom. Few ships would leave port today, powered by the wind at least.

There was never such a thing as silence along the docks, voices raised in hollered instruction flung words back and forth, the thud of heavy boots colliding with the racket of wagons and carts bearing goods too and from their respective warehouses. The dusky skins of Amun Rah natives were not alone amid the rapid movements of sailors and dockmasters and captains; men with pale skins reddened by the sun, a burly woman or two with short choppy hair of gold.

Amid all the bustle, the Captain wove a careful path, always a step ahead of the cart rattling across the street or the drunk wobbling erratically back down to the waterfront.

"I believe we've had enough of those, for a while..." Laec murmured, just loud enough for Ari's ears, his vibrantly blue eyes glimmering down at her. "May I introduce you, my Lady Ari, to my mistress?" Before she could have a chance to take affront at so surprising a claim, the gallant Captain swept off his cap and gestured to a ship, the peacock feather waving languidly with the movement. "Lady Eleanor." A touch of pride filled his rich, melodic voice. "Would you care to join me aboard?"

As far as boats went, Ari hadn't much experience, but compared to the others along the docks, it seemed slightly larger than the average merchant vessel. The scurrying of many sailors and containers hinted that not everything was unloaded quite yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: upon return of the player lets timejump her to the 26th :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

closed

Post by Brytan »

Thread closed for the time being, upon player's return will make arrangements to timejump to the current synch.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”