A night to Remember -- Thyle

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Thyle smiled at her, a brilliant and warm smile that grew straight from his heart. He took another step towards her,

'Here,' he pulled his jacket off and handed it too her, not caring if he got cold himself, 'this will keep you warm.' His eyes sparkled as he looked at the beautiful woman before him, and he wanted nothing more than to warm her himself, in his arms. He stepped closer still, so that he was close enough for her to feel his warmth radiating from his body.

'I give you my word,' he said quietly, 'that I will see you back here safely, Lady Riana.'
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Lady Riana grinned as he handed her his coat and out of lady-like concern, she refused it at first. "But you..." She looked up at him, her blue eyes glittering. "Thank you." Her smile was bright and straight and very beautiful to look upon. She prided it as one of her greatest features, her mother said it was her name that would net her an excellent man, but Riana didn't want someone who couldn't appreciate her and not just her heritage.

As he stepped forward she swallowed, the soft heat flowing off of his skin was luminous and wonderful. Quickly she wrapped the jacket around her shoulders. "Be careful making promises..." She warned.

"Come on, we better get going! Where to first? I don't know nearly anything on the ship aside what's up here above deck. I walked around a bit earlier." Riana stepped out of his radiating bubble of heat reluctantly, but she made it to be a casual step. "And you saw me before with Frederick, that's basically the only hall I know, my room is at the end of the one with Molly's suite where we met."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Thyle looked down at the beautiful woman wearing his jacket and smiled, his golden eyes glitterring in the dim light,

'I only make promises I plan to keep.' he said, cocking his head to one side and offering an arm to Riana. Her obvious excitement was infectious, and he found himself smiling happily along with her.

'Well,' he said thoughtfully,' perhaps we should work our way from the bottom, and work our way up... what do you think, m'lady?'
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Alright, the bottom works. I haven't see anything beyond the deck, so.. that should be amazing. You think it's safe though? I mean, for us."

Though an adhiel, Riana was still young and quite naive about some things. She believed many things she had been told by her parents about the way the world worked. In actuality, much of what she had been told was absolutely true. Things about the 'appetites' of sailors and how desperate they became after a few weeks at sea, and how they might view a young woman walking about on her own.

The lady was not on her own, however. It was perhaps this fact that caused her to move a bit closer to Thyle. He would keep her safe among anyone who might bother them. He was, of course, a half-giant and that wasn't a race that many wanted to tangle with. She had heard of their beserking during the last great war against the forces of Darkness. Well, she had read about it anyway, and that was good enough.

Her arm snaked around his, sliding in close to his torso, and pulling his arm along her ribcage. He could feel each and every one of her breaths which were increasing in speed as her excitement continued to build at the thought of going below deck with the foreigner. "I'm afraid I'm completely at your grace, sir Hwendian. Let's see if you have a good sense of the ship," she said and smiled her radiant little smile.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Thyle smiled down at Riana, marvelling at how beautiful even the top of her head looked,

'It will be safe.' He said, 'Although it's probably best if we stay out of sight from the sailors,' They can't recognize me. I can't be seen. 'They aren't the most amiable of people off land. Although there shouldn't be any trouble.' Not from them, anyway.

The young half-giant felt some surprise when she pulled in close, considering how uncomfortable she was being touched earlier in the evening. A small thrill of happiness ran through him like electricity as his arm slid along her ribcage, and he fought an overwhelming urge to pull her closer and kiss her softly on the mouth...

Feeling more than slightly breathless, Thyle cleared his throat and nestled her hand comfortable into the crook of his arm,

'Let us begin the grand tour, Riana,' Perhaps he should have used her title, and he hoped that she hadn't noticed as he began to walk along the floorboards,

'We will begin downstairs where the sailors live. They have a reputation for being animals, lusting and dirty, but I have always found them to be good company, easier going than those upstairs.' He smiled brightly at her, giving the impression that he had simply conversed with the sailors regularly, as opposed to living in their quarters with them.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

The Lady's own lips curled into a slow smile in response to his, the familiarity with which he spoke leaving a tingle of excitement tracing her spine. Trustingly, her arm tucked safely within his, she followed him across the deck, the half-giant's breadth steadying her despite the gentle roll of the ship beneath their feet.

Their descent carried them beyond the upper-class decks, with it's shiny veneer and broader hallways. Other passengers made way, their eyes following the pair with curiousity, though whether it was because of Thyle's bulk, or their assumption of high rank would be difficult to guess. The occassional well-bred murmur echoed down the hallway, as genteel conversation wafted from those just now departing from their rooms.

Another stairway now, narrower and steeper, and though Riana found it difficult to navigate, her hand on Thyle's arm eased her way across the steps hidden by her skirts. So absorbed in manuevering, she didn't seem to notice the few times her hips brushed against him, though a slight color graced her cheekbones. The faint sounds of twiddling music emerged, along with the hearty exclamations of voices, from down the corridor. Riana hesitated a moment, glancing at Thyle with her slender brows lifted inquisitively, a glimmer of excitement returning to those lovely eyes. "It sounds like music?!" There was the sound of heavy feet from the room ahead, but she hung back, though it was obvious the sound intrigued her. "Are those the sailors you mentioned?"

But Thyle would realize these could not be so - the sailors berthed near the bottom of the ship, in a wide space cramped with hammocks.

A pair, garbed in brightly colored but common fabrics, pressed themselves by Thyle and Riana with friendly laughter, carelessly grinning, their courtesy carefree rather than the cold attitudes of those abovedecks. "Standing out here, ye'll miss the fun..." the young man called over his shoulder before disappearing through a doorway, a young woman laughing as she was dragged along. The rowdy music swelled as the door opened, and dimmed again when it closed. Riana had been pressed slightly into Thyle as the other passengers moved by, she stepped just slightly back, a definite blush climbing her cheekbones, that sudden timidity of earlier sweeping over her gentle features. Her hand remained, however, tucked in his elbow as she glanced up into his face, suddenly wondering, if Thyle would be as honorable in this dimmer corridor as he was above.

"Shall we go see what the fun is?" Her light voice echoed oddly in the hallway, her face tilted upwards as she awaited his direction. Laughter and music, intermingled, burst loudly from the room again, as a couple from the other end of the hallway stepped out of sight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com

Post by Guest »

ooc: Sorry for the wait. Thanks for taking this up while Ashari's away! :D

ic: With Riana's arm linked with his own, Thyle felt as though he was in possession of a beautiful and rare flower, one that he could keep in his pocket, safe in the knowledge that he had something no one else could dream of. His heart tingled with warmth, his lips fighting back the urge to smile continuously. Everything felt perfect.

As the sound of music grew clearer and nearer, Thyle felt himself tense up with nerves. What if something went wrong? He could find himself floating with the fish if he wasn't careful.

You like fish. Said a strangely illogical little voice at the back of his head. The young half giant suddenly felt the insane urge to laugh; he was with Lady Riana! What did it matter if a thousand seamen sliced him up with sharp dinner knives this evening? He didn't care. Not now.

He turned to Riana, golden eyes glittering in the dim light,

'Let's.' he said, in answer to her question. He guided her in, allowing the warmth of the noisy room to seep through his shirt, warming his cold back, although he wouldn't admit to anyone. He was intensely aware of Riana next to him; her every touch was exhilarating, like silk on bare skin.

'Perhaps,' he said suddenly, stopping in the centre of the room, 'You would like to dance?' His voice held a question, 'I would be deeply honoured.' he added, trying to keep it formal, yet his chest felt tight with anticipation.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

As Thyle guided her in, the full force of rowdy music hit them full blast, the twanging of fiddles mixing with the jingling of bells and beating of small hand-drums... even a rapidly strummed lute rose its voice to the melody. It was a music that made one's soul leap, caused the blood to run more swiftly through one's veins.

The crowd laughed and spoke in ungenteel but friendly manners, a few bearing the garb of sailors, the group only sporting a few women, who were jigging and twirling around the dance floor.

It was irreverent. It was jovial. One might even call the glimpses revealed by whirling skirt a bit uncouth... it was everything the stuffy dinner upstairs was not. Lady Riana clung slightly to Thyle's side for a moment, briefly overwhelmed by the noise and number of people crammed into the space... and then, with a tinkling interest that leaped from her elegant throat, she siezed his hand in a most unformal manner. Her eyes danced, slightly teasing.

"Let's." The Lady Riana stood there, expectant and laughing, ready for him to show her what to do. The other couples were trying to pull them into a rather large circle, where arms linked about each other's waists.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: Upon the players return Thyle can be timejumped to the 26th :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

closed

Post by Brytan »

Thread closed for the time being, upon player's return will make arrangements to timejump to the current synch.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”