Councel of Dort [Closed] - Samheen 25th

Moderator: Mods

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Slowly things were getting better.
Very slowly.

A knee in the groin!

Syrawenn winced in sympathy. Very slowly and VERY painfully. Wow, that was a full hit. As a girl nobody had ever tried kneeing her, but from the effects she had observed with the several other guys unlucky enough to get too close to her, it had to be very close to having your innards sucked out through a straw.

Keeping her hands safely in front of her mouth the girl did her utter best not to comment on this latest installment of their little drama. Yet when Gavin voiced just about everything that sizzled through her own mind, she could not help but laugh.

"Poor Gavin...." She grinned openly. "Poor, poor Gavin. Wow...you really must feel like the luckiest guy around." Another burst of laughter. "I am so sorry! But...it's so funny! I mean...pain is not funny but you had it COMING, oh boy, did you have it coming!"

She wiped the tears out of her eyes. "Aaah, much better. Nah, I ain't gonna hit you. No reason to right now. We still got stuff to do, ya know. And yeah, I know I'm nasty. Glad to see I ain't the only one around. Glad to see...." Syrawenn turned to Amber. "Glad to see there's something to look forward to in wakey wakey land."

The girl extended her hand, hoping the feisty redhead would decide to team up. " North we go. North is fun....I think. We'll see. NORTH!"
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber couldn't help but snicker, just a bit, at Gavin's reaction. It was sort of funny in a sadistic sort of way, and his expression reminded her of those on her brothers' faces whenever they'd annoyed her enough to earn a swift knee to the groin. But her sudden lightening of her mood was due to more than just his comical expression. Things had gotten better. Maybe she would not be able to have Gavin in the way she'd secretly hoped, but he had made it clear he was still her good friend. And that was a lot. It would be enough. What it meant to her... well, she couldn't put it into words. And now, things didn't seem so bad after all. Oh, she would still shed tears over it sometimes, when she was alone, there was no doubt. She was a girl after all! But at least she'd be able to wake up in the morning and have some hope for life.

She glanced over at Syrawenn, and her smile grew a bit. Now they had even one more thing in common, in a way. They both loved Gavin. Amber's love would have to be different than Syrawenn's love for him, but it was still love. And they would both have a common point in which to channel their mischievous energies. Poor Gavin, indeed!

She grinned and took Syrawenn's hand. "Always wanted to go north," she agreed. "Come on, I think the Gnome and the Adhiel are pretty much beside themselves with wanting to see what's up there..."

She started north.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Gwayne wached both women exchanging grins..... and he knew for sure. He would understand Abner quicker then women.

A smile appeared on his face, at least it was better then fighting. So he just waited until the ladies moved, and then went to join Abner.

He was a bit worried for the future, but somehow he also had the feeling that all would be ok...
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

They all began to shuffle off in the direction they all knew as 'north' and the featureless corridors somehow morphed and wound and turned and twisted over and over again, giving all but the most hardy of guides and trackers a headache in trying to keep up with which direction they were headed in. That is, until the blank walls came to a stop at a chamber made of the same anonymous material.

Inside was a simple chair, and on that simple chair sat anything but a simple woman. She was a gorgeous specimen, dark haired and well formed in both shape and body, enough to give any man pause to consider his own lust for her. She had exquisite skin, ruby lips and her dark eyes flashed as they came into view.

"Ah... Hezekiah. So lovely of you to join me. Please, sit."

At her words, the same simple chairs formed themselves from the featureless floor, enough for all, and each with a goblet of some sweet smelling liquor to drink. Her voice was sultry and velvety smooth, filled with promises of encounters of things that had had already happened, were happening now, and things that had not yet come to pass.

"All of you, please sit. Speak with me. It's so good to see all of you again..."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

To a point Gavin was hurt by their comments. Somehow it seemed like they failed to notice why he did it all. Why he allowed Amber to slap him and to knee him in the groin. But, the feeling of happiness was overwhelming, and the hurt was momentary. And, so with a grim face he looked at them both and shook his head. "Yea. Something to look forward." And then his words disappeared in mumbling. A few odd phrases could be understood. Things like damned girls, cursed luck, pain all around. The grin on his face told a different story.

So coming to the other two gentleman, the big man was about to ask if they found a way to the north and just stopped. The way was there. Hah, figures. We all need to be ready to move on for the way to open. Now, we are ready and we can move on. And without another word he started down the hallway. The twists and turns and changes to the walls did not matter much to him. A dream realm. A strange place. And I still have much to learn about it. Another dream, another lesson.

The corridor came to an end. A room. A chair. A woman. For a flicker Gavin was stunned by her beauty. He stopped in mid stride too stunned to move. But, a worm of doubt wriggled in the back of his mind. Out of place. Too pretty. A dream? Or a nightmare? Too damn pretty. Without a flaw. Perfection? Or a trap? An angel? Or a demon? And then she spoke. Her first word confirmed his doubts. A scowl settled on his face as his fists clenched in response to the name she uttered. Happiness was replaced by rage. Hunder is dead. Cheerio is dead. They died for you. And Cheerio was even happy to do so. I still remember the smile upon his dead lips.

A growl rumbled in his throat at her offer. He made no motion to stop the others, but refusing her now, would be his first small act of defiance. And the thought of that formed a small smile in the corner of his lips. Slowly his arms rose and crossed before his chest. Yes. A bit of defiance, Mistress. You don't own me. You never will. The others? Maybe. Me? Nope. He took a few more steps forward and stopped a few paces behind the chair meant for him. "I prefer to stand. Feels more comfortable around you." And he waited for others to settle down before he offered his own greeting.

"I don't like that..... name. Hezekiah. I don't like it. And I hate when people address me by it. It makes me angry. Makes me want to hurt people. And that is so uncivilized. Don't you think so? I prefer my own name. Gavin would serve from now on." The voice with which he spoke was calm and his smile... His smile was more of a scowl, forced onto his face. "First time we met, you made me an offer. An offer I never had the chance to accept. Or decline. I did have a choice? Or perhaps not? No, I don't think I was given a choice. I was chosen. To serve. Pity I love the freedom so much."

The images of his vision once more flashed through his mind. Images of death and torture. And the girl crucified to a wall. And the offer she made. "Now, I wonder what I should do. I must say I am temped to draw my sword and try to end it. Here and now. To end it all. To end you. Now, I know this is a dream, but dreams nowadays are a powerful things. Two realms are interlaced. Connected. And if a person.... or something.... something different... something unknown dies in a dream, what happens? Are they hurt in a waking world? Or perhaps, if a dream is particularly vivid, perhaps that person dies? Could it be so? You know, I am tempted to find that out. Any volunteers?" His gaze lingered on the woman before him, clearly indicating whom he meant.

He held her eyes for a few flickers, his eyebrows arched as if awaiting her answer. "No?" And a look of mock disappointment appeared on his face. "Ah, never mind that. Just me rambling. I do want to know something else. Maybe you could help me? Just a couple of questions. Starting with one that has been bugging me for quite some time. Who or what are you? And what in the Nether do you want?" His voice was slowly rising, as the rage took hold. He still kept it in check and it did not show on his face, but his voice betrayed it. "Oh, and let us not forget the most important one. Why me? Why us?" He realized what was happening, and almost scowled at the thought. Relax. Calm down. Anger leads to mistakes. No room for mistakes. Breathe. Think. Reason.

A deep breath, meant to calm him a bit. It did not succeed, but it helped a bit. "See, I have a little problem. I like my freedom. The freedom to choose my own path. To make the choices. And live with the consequences." He looked into the eyes of his foe and waited to see if there was a spark of understanding. "You have given me no choice. And it drove me away. Maybe, if you told me what is my role? What I am meant to do? And what is your goal? Maybe I could help. But, not if I was forced to. Then, you will merely get an enemy. Defiance is a dangerous thing. So, let us talk now. We have plenty of time. Talk to me. Explain it all. Clear this fog between us. Prove me wrong." The pleading in his eyes as he finished was almost genuine. Almost. Yes. Explain it to me. Try to win me over. Show me how you think. Show me the inner you. Maybe I will change my mind. And part of it was true. In fact all of it was true. His true thoughts were pushed to the back. He would never work for her. No matter how just her cause. Defiance was indeed a dangerous thing. He knew that and he tried to hide it. One could never be too careful. He learned that over the last few days.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

North turned out not to be fun at all.

As soon as they entered the chamber the atmosphere changed drastically. It wasn't just Gavin's immediate moodswing, it wasn't even the incredulous beauty sitting on that chair.

"It's so good to see all of you again..."

Again.

Paranoia spiked. Again? When have I seen this woman before? What's that name she's using? Why is Gavin...

Pieces started to fall into place. There was a vague memory of a stone, a vision...and lots and lots of demons. Syrawenn looked from the big man to the woman and back, her hand resting on the hilt of her dagger.

Oh boy...

Gavin rose to the fight immediately. Before there was a chance to do anything he launched right into a speech that would not have been misplaced at ....yeah well at any place where people give speeches to get something done...ya know...things...places...people....

Chosen. He was chosen. Don't fall for it, Gavin, don't fall for it please. We've seen demons, we've fought demons.

Already the man was walking a fine line between battle with word or sword when he entwined the two into a dangerous statement about life and death, about death and dreams, sending shivers up and down Syrawenn's spine.

"Or perhaps, if a dream is particularly vivid, perhaps that person dies? Could it be so? You know, I am tempted to find that out. Any volunteers?"

The girl gulped, blood drawn from her face. Involuntarily she stepped back, forceful memories of other dreams intruding upon this one; dreams of death and the waking truth behind it; dreams that got her exiled, that made it impossible to stick around people longer than necessary. Her friend trampled beneath a runaway horse, pulp where a face was supposed to be; the ensuing fight when she tried to warn her; the girl running off towards the exact fate Syrawenn had tried to warn her about.

Tempted to find out. No, no, no! Her mind yelled. Do not find out! You do not want to find out! I am not supposed to be here! People are going to die!

Gavin moved on. "Why me? Why us?" It was a good question, one that was incredibly important right now. Why was this happening? Why in a dream with all of them together? What did they have in common?

Her brain was working at a feverish pace to make sense of it all through the thick fog of anxiety that was clouding her vision. Nobody should die in here or there was going to be a major problem. Her being here was a major problem. Not only had she screwed over a very living relationship between two people who knew each other in wakey wakey land, but her being in this dream would make any death rather...awkward.

Outwardly the girl appeared relatively calm, despite her pale face. She controlled her breathing carefully, hoping nobody stood close enough to notice the mad pounding of her heart. Inside she was trying very, very hard to wake up. If she woke up, things would not be so bad. If she woke up, people would not die. If she woke up...

Why am I not awake yet!
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne moved on and then the world changed as dreams seem to do sometimes. But it was not for the better, it turned into something that felt like the start of a nightmare.

The view of the beautiful woman triggered something deep inside Gwayne...Goddess or Demon...thats the question...Hezekiah ??.

Gwayne watched Gavin for a flicker then he returned his attention to the woman....who was after all very pleasing to watch....very....very...pleasing. After a few flickers he actually concluded that she was too beautiful, to grand....too seductive, it made him uneasy.

He felt his own imperfect appearance too much, his difference from the "normal" people. He looked at his arms and chest where the tattoo's showed up as usual. Then he moved his attention again, this time to Amber and Syrawenn and concluded that based on appearance he would prefer them over this......this staggering beautiful.... creature.

He prevented his mind to make a judgement between Amber and Syrawenn because that would be harder to do. Or maybe because of a other reason....end of thought.

"All of you, please sit. Speak with me. It's so good to see all of you again..."

These words brought a shiver down his spine. He had never seen her before as far as he knew. So he wondered about it for a flicker. While he listened to the reactions of Gavin and his refusal of a seat. He as well felt that he would like to stand....

Gwayne felt like a puppet, or worse like a mouse being watched by a cat. Those ruby lips....being licked by that perfect tongue....like a cat watching its prey. Maybe he was crazy, maybe not but he reacted as he should, as it would make him feel better, as being a lover of the Goddess...

Gwayne moved beside Gavin and with a bit unsteady voice he said "I...I prefer to stand on my own feet as well. Lady.. As as I prefer to stand with lord Gavin, in name of the Goddess herself..."
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber wasn't entirely surprised when a way suddenly seemed to open up in front of them, to allow them passage farther north. It proved to be a less interesting journey than she had hoped, nor was it nearly as long as she would have expected. But what greeted them at the end certainly did surprise her. The last thing she expected to find here was another person, especially one that looked... well... "damned hot," to make use of a term she'd heard before during her forays to various inns and taverns in Dort.

She carefully studied the woman that sat in a chair before them, noting her every detail, and she could not help but feel just a spike of jealousy at how beautiful the other woman was. Amber had always been pleased with her own appearance - not that she thought it was much to brag about - and she'd never felt quite like this before, especially concerning another woman. She had to force herself to look away, to make the sudden unease in her stomach cease.

Her eyes settled on Gavin, and she watched him just as closely as she had looked at the woman, trying to learn something of all this from his reaction to her. It quickly became apparent that he knew something about their visitor that she didn't, like maybe he'd met her before. And why was she calling him Hezekiah? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever to her. There was a lot she was missing out on, and she intended to find out as soon as possible.

Intent on appearing calmer than she felt, she moved up to the chair closest to Gavin, Gwayne, and Syra, who were standing together, and sat down, crossing her legs at the knee in a casual posture. She knew better than to bother with any of the drinks though. But as her gaze returned to the woman across from them, the butterflies in her stomach took flight again, and she could practically hear the warnings being sounded in her head. It wasn't jealousy, she realized. It was something else. Fear? Wariness? Or just maddening curiosity? Maybe a bit of all of them....
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Just when Abner thought everything was settling down and they might be able to make some progress (whatever that might mean in their current dreamscape), Gavin and the two women got into some other kind of scrap. The gnome was getting a bit fed up. He hadn't asked to be in this dream, he'd exerted himself to get into phase with the others and here they were wasting time in some silly romantic squabble. Abner was especially disappointed in his friend; Gavin had seemed more sensible than this in their waking lives.

When the group finally managed to get underway, Abner trudged sullenly alongside. The tediously featureless and meandering passage further irritated him. So it was one cranky gnome that reached the terminal chamber and its female inhabitant. He looked skeptically at the woman, his hackles rising when she addressed Gavin as 'Hezekiah'. The name from his vision... And why did she say she is seeing us again?

Then Gavin began some kind of harangue with the strange woman taht only added to the gnome's feelings of confusion and frustration. What?! He's met this woman before? They discussed a deal? What in the darkest pit of Nether has been going on around here?

By the time Gavin had finished, Abner was fuming: his mustaches quivered and wisps of steam literally escaped from his ears and nostrils. He lifted the goblet that had been prepared for him, and dashed it on the floor between Gavin and the woman. "ALRIGHT!" he shouted, in a voice that seemed incongruously large for such a small being. "I'VE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH! SOMEONE BETTER EXPLAIN WHAT ALL THIS NONSENSE IS ALL ABOUT, OR BY THE GODS, THERE WILL BE SOME TROUBLE HERE!" Eyes sparking fire, the aggravated gnome cast a withering glance over all those present, settling on the mysterious female, whose gaze he took and held, unflinchingly.
"Wel loved he garlek, onyons, and eek lekes,
And for to drynken strong wyn reed as blood"
--Geoffery Chaucer
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The woman laughed, a beautiful and vibrant sound that brought great pleasure to those around her.

"Since when do I care for what you want and don't want Hezekiah? Your feelings are insignificant. This 'Gavin' shell does not suit you. You are far more willful than you used to be. Be that as it may, it will only be a short time longer before you are begging to join with me once more."

She laughed again at his threats.

"Poor little Hezekiah. So hurt. So afraid. Tut tut. It is all going to be just fine."

Her dark eyes locked on Syrawenn.

"Beautiful Melina. Rebirth has done wonders for your skin my dear, dear girl. It seems like only yesterday I was watching you wither and burn..."

Gwayne's defiance and announcement prompted a gaze from her as well.

"Brave Elias. I wonder what you will do this time around... I wonder when at last your faith with shatter and chip upon the rocks of fate. Poor creature, I felt so sorry for you once..."

The woman watched Amber sit, an amused and knowing smile played over her sensuous and inviting mouth.

"Silent Kyra. Brave and strong." She acknowledged, mocking and insincere. "You be good now, or I shall have to flay you again for your impertinence."

Then Abner yelled and screamed and demanded answers. The stunning and beautiful creature, raised an eyebrow in obviously condescending fashion. Even false emotion and ridicule could not make her less beautiful.

"Quite right Cyrus. Quite right! It's time for answers."

She crossed her legs in the other direction, giving all a tantalizing glimpse of lustful treasures beyond their grasp.

"Shells and masks are all such fun, but the time to wear them is at an end. I have brought you all before me once more to inform you that the game is now being played for real this time. No more do overs. No more second chances. We are playing in earnest now, and I expect you all to play your parts. The endgame is upon us, and I will not tolerate such stupid and meaningless acts."

"Now, because you all have touched the void and returned, I do not expect you all to remember your parts. So therefore I will allow three questions from each of you, and if it is time for you to know, I will reveal the truth to you. If this new face and this new shell are not quite ready for the truth, then you shall receive a vague answer that will make sense later. Understood?"

"Now then. Ask your questions, and be warned. Three is all you shall receive. Any more will be met with swift and severe action."

She glanced around at each of them, waiting and expectant...
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

Abner was still fuming, but the mystery woman's apparent disregard for his outburst had deflated him a little. When she offered each of them three questions, however, the gnome was quick to seize the opportunity.

"I'll take your offer, Lady," he interjected. "My questions are these: who are you? what is this 'game' you speak of?" He paused thoughtfully for a flicker and then finished, "And whose side are you on?" Abner waited for his answers, still staring at the woman with defiance. He refused to believe he was a plaything: not hers and not anyone else's.
Last edited by Abner Klop on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Geoffery Chaucer
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

He was pretty sure the words struck true. Gavin knew the power of words. He learned that over the past few days. A lot could be accomplished with a well formed speech and he was getting really good at that. Maybe too good. Bah, no place for doubts now. No place at all. Just press on. See if she can make me be her ally. Maybe she is not that bad? And once more he tried to push his real emotions back. The hatred he felt for the unknown woman before him. And the defiance that made his sure who would never work for her, or even with her.

As Gwayne spoke he winced at the mention of the title Lord. He was no noble. Never was and had no wish to be. No title. Just Gavin. Simple. Do my share. Fight and try to do good. No time for other burdens. No time for foolishness. And he said nothing. It could wait. It was not that important. And he noticed the way Amber sat, almost casual. Almost. But, not quite so. Good girl. Keep it up. And then came the surprise as Abner shattered his glass. And yelled. He could almost chuckle. And he would have, had it not been for the gaze Abner gave him. Somehow it bit him deep. It felt like the little guy did not trust him. It passed and with a bit of pleasure Gavin noticed the gnome's gaze settled on the woman before them.

And then another shock. His words seemed to pass over the woman without any effect. His eyebrows arched in wonder. She laughs? Hmmmm, maybe that is good. She sees us as no danger at all. Ah, my dear foe. That might just be your downfall. The names she gave each of them came as no surprise. He was slowly starting to realize what was going on here. Or rather he was beginning to form an idea. A circle. A dark mistress focused on some hidden goal. And five followers. Five followers that failed to accomplish a certain task. Each time they fail they die. And are reborn. Time and time again. And now we are supposed to be a new batch. His gaze fell upon the two girls and a gnome and he smiled. She is up for a surprise. Quite a big one.

Yet, she gave him what he wanted. A chance to get some answers. And he almost spoke. Almost. Not yet. Wait. Listen. Think. Three questions. And she might not answer them. Let the others ask. And then form your own questions wisely. Make them crafty and devious. Make them seem simple. Let them seek hidden truth. And as Abner asked his own questions, Gavin moved around the chair to sit down. A short questioning glace to make sure the offer was still valid and then he lowered himself. Leaning back, the big man rested his elbows on the arm rests and cupped his hand before his nose. Watching the strange woman over his fingers he spoke, his voice sounding a bit deeper than usual. "I shall hold my question for now, if you don't mind. I will let the others speak and ask their own. And I will wait for you to answer. After you are given twelve questions and have given twelve answers in return, then I will ask my three. Not before." He knew he risked to be denied his questions, but he did not care. If he was to play her game, then she would have to play it fair.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

She was daring them in a most...feminine way.

Syrawenn grimaced. Eeeeeew!

Abner exploding was much more fun. At least the guy knew how to talk to misfits like the one in front of them! Too bad the woman wasn't answering his questions yet. It might have given her an idea where to start.

Because frankly, I don't think I like this game...I don't like the implications and I don't like her.

She quickly looked around at the others and at the entrance they had taken to get here. It was rather important to know where the exits were if push came to shove. And pushing it will be...

"Okay, let's get one thing straight, my name is Syrawenn and those are Gavin, Gwayne, Amber and Abner -wow, don't they have nicely assorted sounds, but that's not the point- whether you like it or not." The girl folded her arms. "Secondly I wanna know what this Melina gal did for you that you're so happy to see her again. Yup that's one question."

She took a step forward. "The other questions depend on that answer. You can try to screw with our minds and lure us into some vague story, but I ain't buying it." Defiance in her stance, a rebellious glimmer in her grey-green eyes. The girl was ready for it. No way she was going to be lured into silly questions that could be too easily misinterpreted. She knew her stories! She knew all about twisting questions and turning wishes!

The feel of death was strong in the air with the strange woman talking of rebirth and lives past and Gavin happily announcing needing volunteers to prove her own little theory.

No, if it was up to her only one person was not gonna make it out and that was the questionable riddler in front of them.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne froze while the woman spoke the name Elias. He tried to unravel the name, could it be his lost name ? The name turned around inside his head, then was quickly discarded. It was not a adhiel name, so it would not fit.

Then he waited and watched, Abner's reaction made him smile. He liked the little man. He was..... direct.

Lord Gavin was playing some diplomatic tricks, the sign of a leader. Maybe he had more luck with this ....woman... thing ....demon...Goddess. Who knew.

Syrawenn, was just..........well...Syrawenn. What could Gwayne say about that.

He, himself just kept quiet. No questions would be asked by him. The Goddess would answer them in all good time. Not that he had no questions...but those where selfish. Like who his real parents where and where did they come from ? Or maybe other questions could be asked, How could they change the world and stop the war.

All dreams.... so he kept quiet and watched.

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was listening carefully to everything that the others said. Abner's outburst startled her a bit, although she had to agree with him. Everyone else was pretty much echoing her feelings as well. She didn't like being called by the name of a person she wasn't. She was still curious about this woman though, and while the others seemed to think she was evil, Amber wasn't entirely ready to make that decision just yet.

She had nothing to add for now, as she wanted to listen to the woman's answers before she asked her own questions. So she stayed quiet, though her gaze barely left the other woman. Watching for anything that might give her a clue as to what was going on.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The beautiful woman looked at Abner intently. Her expression was of amused interest, and she gave him a radiant smile in return. With a graceful toss of her head, she closed her eyes and settled into her chair. A strange sort of peace fell upon her as she did so, and she seemed almost asleep for a few flickers.

Then she began to change. She opened her eyes and now they glowed red and malevolent. Her smile cruel and mocking. Her creamy skin began to pale and whiten, growing wrinkled and wizened. Her immaculate hair grew wild and unkept and greyed before their very eyes. Her stunning dress became disheveled and transformed into moth and flea bitten rags of shaggy browns and blacks. The beautiful necklace she wore about her throat cracked and fell away, exposing the foot of a chicken that had been cut off at a sharp angle, it's wrinkled skin standing out like a bloody stump against her wrinkled neck. The awful red glow in her eyes began to fade now, leaving behind the rheumy eyes of a old crone.

The witch Vaga Hex now sat where the woman before had. She cackled in glee.

"Here is a face you probably recognize lord Cyrus. As for the game, it is one you may or may not recall. It's a game of hide and seek. In order to win, you must find what I have hidden. For your third question, I am on my side, and my side alone.

Her gaze fell upon Gavin.

"What? No questions my little Hezekiah? Too bad! Your questions are now forfeit!" The witch smiled at him now, through a mouth full of broken and rotting teeth. It was grin of pure mischief and pleasure. "No matter. You of all people should remember the most!"

She turned to face Syrawenn and her defiance, cackling again with her shrill laugh.

"Melina... You call yourself and the others whatever you wish if it makes you feel better." Her tone was condescending and scornful, in voice that cracked and grated against the ears. "Before long you will remember, but I'll give you a hint."

A column of fire sprang forth from the featureless ground, surrounding Syrawenn and engulfing her completely and for the barest fraction of a flicker, Syrawenn could remember something from long, long ago. It was a brief image, a flash of light across her eyes. It was her staring out from a great pyre across a wide, flat field. She was standing on a large stack of wooden rushes, tied together with rope. The rushes were beginning to burn. She blinked and the column of fire and the images was gone.

The witch gave her a knowing grin. "See girl? It's not that I'm happy to see you again, but rather, how frightened you must be to see me again. You have two more if you are able."

She looked at the others.

"Ask now or do not ask at all!" She commanded.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The question Syra asked was right on the spot. Almost like the one he wanted answered. Smart girl. Smart question. And one she has to answer. Or she will be unfair. Hah, I love that girl. His grin was hidden by his own hands and so the lady before them was unable to see it. Then she started to change. And at first he was surprised, but as he began to realize whom she was turning to, his surprise was replaced with satisfaction. That small act, that change, gave him all the answers he needed.

Yet, Gavin had to admit he was a bit hurt by this. Vaga Bloody Hex. Should have guessed. She knew too much. Should have guessed. No matter. I know for sure now. Or do I? Is it really her? Or just a trick of the true foe? Hahahahahaha. Paranoia strikes again. Fighting the shadows, Gavin. Tsk tsk tsk. Relax. No tricks. She is too confident to play any more tricks. And he just had to laugh as she took his questions from him. A little defiance.

"I don't need questions anymore. I have all the answers I need. I had them all along. A pity you ruined my gratitude with this little act. I owe you a small favor. You did help me find Abner in those hidden passages. But, now I wonder if that floating eye was perhaps yours. Spying on me. When I told you so much. So uncivilized." His grin widened. And he waited for a few flickers before he replied. "I learned to ride, Vaga. And I remember a song you gave me. Do you?" And for a flicker he paused trying to recall her exact words. And then they came easily.

"Families break trust and Council ends in Injury.
The Low Red Moon draws nigh.
Mother and Daughter unite as the Blue Queen returns.
That which was Banished shall rise to Power.
Denizens of the Dark Planes will overrun the Golden City.
The Lord Protector will ride against the Minions of the Red Demon."

He spoke those words in clear, flat voice and left them to sink in for a flicker or two. "Remember those verses? Now I know the first verse to be true. It already came to pass. And I know who the Lord Protector is supposed to be. I can ride now. The only question is will I need to? Dort. So much trade. So much gold in that city. Slowly the words are making sense. More and more each day. I thank you for your answers. I know so much more now. So much more."

And he just leaned back and smiled over his hands. A smug grin of satisfaction. Oh, there were still a few things he needed to know, but the others still had their questions. And if they were smart they would perhaps ask the right ones. And give him a few more answers. Gavin was starting to realize what this was about. And for the first time, he felt there was a little bit of progress in his quest. Maybe there still is a little hope. Just a little. But, enough for me.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Changing.
Syrawenn stepped back immediately. People changing were not amongst her great favourites. Somehow it brought back memories of snakes and strange cities, dark shadows and demons vanquished by her own chaos.

Chaos is good...hold on to it. People don't expect it, darksters even less.

The taunts towards Gavin were so obvious: he had to know her from another place. There was a distinct chance the being had been keeping an eye on the big man for a longer period of time then. Yet...

She ain't subtle.
Not at all.
Why would she hide all this time and now reveal herself? What does she REALLY want with us?

Right then the scenery chanced.

Fire.
Burning.
Crackling.
Memories flooding wood burning no place to go the rope is holding her everything is burning the heat is scorching her skin and yet death is so far away so far away so far...

Syrawnn blinked and unclenched her fists. The moment had been too short to break out in a sweat, too fractioned to understand. Yet a part of her...knew. The tantalizing tidbits made her ache to know more, to really know what happened so she could figure out the woman's game.

Well damn. It's real. Doesn't that just suck worse than a leech. THINK, girl...think...what does she want? Damnit, something ain't adding up here. Fire. I like fire. Doesn't scare me. It's past and gone. I'm here NOW. So why is she here now? What's bugging me cept the obvious 'bow to my will and cower' scheme?

Fire.
How frightened does she want me to be...why not just...rely on the image she showed me...two more questions if I'm able? I'll SHOW her exactly how able I am!

No...wait...don't call her bluff just yet.

Syrawenn's eyes squinted. Bluff...that's it. She reeeally wants me frightened. And I ain't. She's forcing her hand. She does NOT have the power over us she wants to have...so...question remains: what does she want by making us remember those past lives? What's there to gain for her except more power?

Her mind worked feverishly, one thought following the other so fast that it would have been impossible to speak her thoughts out loud.

How will she get more power? Does she want history to repeat itself that she's giving us this information about past times? Then why don't I feel terribly afraid of her? Does she want to change history? Is that why she's bluffing? Does she merely want revenge? Well, that would imply theory number two, eh? I mean...what she's telling me I should feel and what I'm feeling are two different things. So whatever she's up to, she ain't there yet. So the ball is not in her court. It's in ours.
Yes...it's in ours, only you took TOO BLOODY LONG to think this up so now you can't pretend to be scared anymore!

The girl frowned.

Ya know what, go with it for now. Just don't bluff too much back. Just don't let her catch on to the double or triple turnarounds Im expecting here...lessee if she really knows us that well or if we'll have a few surprises...

Gavin was intoning some rhyme, but the gest of it was completely lost in the jumble of Syrawenn's mind and before she knew it, she was talking again:

"Alright, alright, hold yer horses...sheesh, comes barging in throwing around stories of past lives and fires and names and predictions and changing faces and now we're supposed to just...go with it...Well, colour me purple and call me grapes, I'll go with it. Just bear with me for a flicker or two...or more..."

She took a deep breath. "Okay, I believe you. But that still does not make me Melina. I'm Syrawenn, whether you like it or not. You recognize things in me, hardly fair when I can't return the favour."

That's it, go for it. Let's see how many other faces she has. Lessee if there is someone in that box of tricks I know.

"Question number two: who were you when I was Melina? Your face should ring a bell, but it's not...or I'm deaf. So...yeah, that's my second question."

Oh, and while you're at it, if you got such tremendous power over our memories anyway, just give us the rest of the storybook....Naaah, ain't gonna ask that...tempting, veeeery tempting, but no.
See, that's the problem. That's the real problem. She's only giving us what she wants to pull it all out of context, wanna bet? So, that points to theory number two again. But why? Did she die because of us? Is she still...the same person or has she come back too? Heyyyy, that's a good question!

"Question number three: have you stopped existing in that episode you like showing us so much, only to be 'reborn' again in this lifetime or have you been around all those yahren since the whole Hezekiah, Melinablabla thing up until now?

Been around...yeah, better than 'lived' or she'll pull the old 'hey, but Im a powerful wizard, I dont technically live' thing on us...or not. She likes giving information right now to set the gameboard.
I should learn to play chess.
I should thank Noxyboy for teaching me some tricks.

And yet somehow the girl kept expecting the strange woman in front of them to turn into the giant snake so closely linked to another dark dream.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber waited until Syrawenn was done talking, and by then, she'd come up with a question or two of her own that she wanted to ask. She remained at ease in the chair she was sitting in, and although she was quite surprised by the woman's change, she tried not to let it get to her. Still, she licked her lips nervously before she spoke.

"All, I have some questions for you," she said. She sat up a bit, as if steeling herself. "You called me Kyra," she started simply. "If I'm supposed to be a reincarnation of her or something, naturally that makes me curious. How did she die? Secondly, was she like me at all, in appearances or behavior? Because I like to think that I am unique. I don't like the idea of just being a newer incarnation of someone else. And thirdly, what impertinence are you talking about? I have been called stubborn before, but I am not impertinent, so you can just stop with that right now."

She crossed her arms over her breasts, and sat back, satisfied with the way she'd handled that, and awaited a response. She didn't really expect the truth, or not the whole truth anyway, but some sort of answer would be better than nothing. Besides, she really was curious about this Kyra person...
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

After Abner barked his questions, he climbed into a seat to await his promised answers. He was gratified by at least one immediate result: the sudden transformation of their hostess into an old crone he recognized vaguely from Gavin's descriptions.

The witch Vaga Hex now sat where the woman before had. She cackled in glee.

"Here is a face you probably recognize lord Cyrus. As for the game, it is one you may or may not recall. It's a game of hide and seek. In order to win, you must find what I have hidden. For your third question, I am on my side, and my side alone.

The new form was surprising: Gavin had made Vaga sound like an ally, and it was clear to Abner that the creature who addressed them was anything but. Perhaps she was just watching over her investment when she helped Gavin get me out of the Castle. Or maybe she wanted to get us out before we discovered something of interest. Hmm.....

The second answer was vague, but telling. Find something. Something she has hidden, or maybe something she has lost? Something she cannot retrieve on her own? The gnome's mind flashed on the black stone Gavin had retrieved from the ship, the one the demon had tried to steal in the Castle, the location of which had suddenly become such a big secret.

The final answer struck Abner as being a bluff. She would like us to believe she acts only for herself, that she is the puppetmaster pulling all the strings. But if she has such power, why resort to threats and theatrics? There are other players in the game, maybe some more powerful than the witch. If only we could discover who...

As his companions posed their questions, Abner sat silently, his mind focused with atypical clarity on their supposed mistress. She had become a specimin, or an experiment to him. He observed (and listened to) her carefully, making mental notes of evrything that transpired, waiting for the piece of information that would start to bring the puzzle into focus.
--Geoffery Chaucer
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

She turned her attention to Gavin first, clearly pleased with herself.

"Ah so you do remember the song. That's good. Very good indeed. Tell me. Do you know the second verse? Or the third?"

She regarded him cooly for a moment, and just for a flicker, it seemed she had more to say on the matter, but she instead she gave him a coy smile and turned her attention to Syrawenn.

"Who was I when you were Melina? That makes no sense dear. You are Melina. This Syrawenn nonsense is merely a mask you are choosing to wear. As for your question... I was me of course. Just as you were you. Neither of us have ever been any different. That may not make sense now, or you might interpret that as doublespeak designed to confuse you, but rest assured, it will become all too clear later."

She listened to Syrawenn's third and final question intently, and smiled when she finished. The chicken foot around her wrinkled throat quivered as she chuckled.

"Well it seems you are beginning to grasp this. Seems easy all of a sudden doesn't it? Always fascinating how the previous cycles bleed through to the next... I have always been here dear. For me there has been no rebirth. No touching of the void. I have been right here as I have always been. Planning and waiting for you to fall into your places. Very good Melina. You are starting to see beyond."

Amber's voice came next, and the old crone turned her head in anticipation of her questions. After Amber spoke, the crone looked over at Gavin in a scolding manner, her wrinkled face scrunched up disappointment at him.

"You see how well she still plays? There is much you can learn from her. Stop feeling so smug and pay attention boy. You just might learn something yet."

She returned her attention to Amber. Although her words spoke of unimaginable horrors, her tone was soothing, as if coddling a child.

"You were slowly and purposefully flayed by my Lieutenants of Destruction for defying me. A habit that will not continue, or else Hezekiah there will be so very unhappy again. Yes, this new shell is quite similar once again, but then again, you always chose nice things...

...what impertinence are you talking about? I have been called stubborn before, but I am not impertinent, so you can just stop with that right now."

"You're doing it again right there. Funny how you can see impertinence and stubborn as two different things. For me? I simply enjoy watching you stumble on with your continued defiance. It makes what's yet to come all the more delicious. As for your third question, I have already answered it, but I shall give you a bit more detail because you are trying so very hard. I feel so sorry for you. Nevertheless, here is your answer. You have always been a willful creature dear. Never one to simply accept. Always fighting and railing against things you've never understood. It's what drew me to you dear. That wonderful spirit means so much more for me when it's crushed and broken..."

Amber felt a burning pain shoot up her arm. With it came a distant memory. A clean cut man had his back to her. When he turned, she could see the bloody knife in his hands... and the soft skin of her forearm that he was cutting away in a horrifyingly thin layer, inch by inch...

Her eyes bored into Amber's, knowing and purposeful.

"...I came looking for you dear. I asked, and you refused me. For your sake, I would suggest not letting it happen again. When you are brought before me again. I expect you you to answer in a way that will be mutually beneficial for all of us."

The witch smiled again. Clearly satisfied her point had been made.

"Which brings us all back to brave and faithful Elias..." She expected his questions and waited for him to ask...
Abner Klop
Civus

Post by Abner Klop »

The crone's responses to Syrawenn was unhelpful. More boasting about her own immortality and the inevitability of their serving her plan. Abner silently scoffed. If it were true, she wouldn't need to tell us, wouldn't even need to appear to us. We have a choice, and she is worried we will not choose in her favor.

Then she replied to Amber's questions, and things became interesting:

She returned her attention to Amber. Although her words spoke of unimaginable horrors, her tone was soothing, as if coddling a child.

"You were slowly and purposefully flayed by my Lieutenants of Destruction for defying me. A habit that will not continue, or else Hezekiah there will be so very unhappy again. Yes, this new shell is quite similar once again, but then again, you always chose nice things...

CLICK! With her uttering of the phrase 'Lieutenants of Destruction', much that had been unclear about their mysterious hostess suddenly snapped into focus in the gnome's mind. She was the one manipulating, perhaps even controlling, the Steward. Ergo, Abner reasoned, she was driving the war with the Clans. To what purpose? Dein is Mein had said something about the ruin of mankind. A civil war in Dort would have tragic results, no doubt, but it would not in itself ruin mankind. It is just a prelude, or a diversion. She has something else, something bigger up her sleeve. With that, Abner settled back into listening mode, a slight smile playing on his lips.
--Geoffery Chaucer
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

OOC:

Sorry for the late response, rl has some challenges at the moment. But soon ill be back at posting rate.

IC:

.......Cold.......shadows..... death

Gwayne knew that his face was pale while he searched in the eyes of the creature for something that he did understand.

Elias once again he tasted the name.... faithful Elias... the name still tasted like blood. Like memories hidden in memories and the fate's dancing on a grave unknown to the naked eye.

Gwayne knew that she was waiting for his questions.... enjoying herself, sucking in the strength of others.

"You were slowly and purposefully flayed by my Lieutenants of Destruction for defying me. A habit that will not continue, or else Hezekiah there will be so very unhappy again." she said.

Without a word spoken Gwayne moved himself to stand beside Amber, his face still pale but with in his eyes a reflection of unspoken trust.
Trust in the Goddess who would guide and protect him.... or betray him and call him back to her. There was no witch who would be able to take him down.... unless it was the will of the Goddess herself.

He placed a hand on the shoulder of Amber and spoke to the witch. Carefully choosing every word...forming it in his mouth before offering it to the creature.

"I am Gwayne adopted son of Ferlong...and I would prefer that you, who's name is unknown to me would not threaten those who are my travelling companions. Because as you being the host of this......occasion....it seems rude to me to threaten your guests and so it shall be in the eye's of the Goddess herself if you do so.."

The urge to take the knife and make a pledge was strong, but for once he resisted.

"You are waiting for my questions, but I have no questions for my own. As people are dieing as we speak and although you speak of other life's, its for those who die now it shall be the last one. So for you I have only one question..... how can we stop that from happening..."

Then he just waited....and wondered why he was so tense and why the dagger seemed so heavy on his back.

Elias ?

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The Crone regarded Gwayne carefully for a few flickers before her grin widened, showing a mouth full of rotten and blackening teeth.

"Elias. Dear, dear boy. I was waiting for someone to ask that very question. Pity you all used up such a fine opportunity, but alas, you are all such willful little beasts."

"Our great lord Cyrus over there has provided all the answers for you. It is doubtful he recalls just how or why, but I do and I will share it with you... for a cost."

She looked at each in turn, pausing to gauge their reactions.

"The price of such valuable and precious information will be different for each of you, but rest assured it will be your choice to pay it or not. My first thought is that you will pay it willingly as you have done in the past. Yet something in me tells me that this time each of you will defy me. That is good, very good. Defiance will give me exactly what I wish from each of you. That is why I am here. That is why I'm telling this to you now."

"The key can be found in the hand of Cyrus himself. Seek out a place that was once called the Dyimmoryd. When the world was young, it was a mighty place, full of mystery and wonder. What will set you on path to victory can be found there. I warn you though, seeking it out will lead you to utter ruin."

"I have now given you everything you need. Begone!"

As her words echoed in the chamber she began to change again. Her outline began to grow hazy and indistinct. She began to float and dissipate into smoke, until at last nothing of her remained.

The featureless walls began to crumble and hiss as they turned into a grey sand and began to collapse. The tunnel collapsed, leaving only the room to slowly fade and dissolve. The grey sand slid and flowed all around, and the chamber slowly began to disappear. Darkness followed and the sand filled the entire space, until nothing but cold silence could be heard.

OOC: This concludes this little chapter. Feel free to assume IC that you wake up remembering this dream in vivid detail, including the choking feeling of breathing grey sand as you awoke.

Great job everyone! Thanks!
Last edited by Vanadius on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: Now Locked, but I'm thinking we'll leave it where it is for a while as reference. :wink:

Return to “Erulzat Archives”