Cit: To Magister Carloni [Samheen 27th]

Moderator: Mods

Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Cit: To Magister Carloni [Samheen 27th]

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Most honorable Magistrate Carloni,

As you have learned by now, our portal for diplomatic mail inside Terra West melted down. Though we have been forced to assume it was with hostile intent, for now the running theory is that it is a natural disaster. I regret not sending you news sooner through the use of an Imperial Portal. However I judged the information contained herein of a nature that should not fall in the wrong hands. I have send this to you through the Mardigal, for I belief Master Tormson is in your employ for a similar mission.

My brother Ramius arrived in the Embassy per your orders under diplomatic license. It gave rise to hostilities within the very walls of Terra West, that is how far things have gone here. The Kingstone Guards challenged the Condotierre unit he brought and it nearly came to blows. If you have any influence you can bring to bear I would thank you for removing any Kings Court factionists for they seriously impede the effectiveness of my work.

I have learned of some of the other missions of the Mouth in the Empire. I must protest the fact that I was not served with this information from the start as it could have easily compromised me severly. Having now been advised upon the situation I shall of course treat it with the utmost discretion and can only hope that in future you trust me to always act in the best interest of the Mouth.

With this letter you will find the copy of a map that I had intended to send you together with an informant on the Kislovani case. Sadly I must assume the original letter and the informant are now gone for ever, may Dominicus rest his soul.

The human population of Kislovan is rising up against slavery. Some have chosen to follow the One to accomplish this task, which seems like a wise if somewhat calculated decision. Nonetheless these freedom fighters might provide an interesting angle into a nation that so far has been fairly agressive and dare I say so outright racist towards the Western Delegation, for their traditional believes hold adhiel superior to men, which of course is an abonimiation to Mouth values. I must admit that after learning of this bitter struggle I have stopped serving Kislovani wine, instead favoring Roque Red. Meanwhile some of the trading interests of the seperatists may be of interest to the Council I believe, especially of course the needs for armaments.
The map should show you a way to contact these rebels should you wish to persue these trade opportunities.

Perchance the office of the magistrate knows of a Western Kingdom citizen by the name of Lord Andolin Azarin? His names keeps coming up as the rising star at court, stepping up as Major Domus (or the defacto leader of the Citadel) after the death of both the Ceasar and the previous Major Domus. He is applying Mouthie seal, yet I remain unfamiliar with his name and title. I have reason to believe he may have tried to unduly influence my person through a third party, though I've ensured that it merely added to my expanding network of contacts.

I have attended the reception at the villa of Baron Marcada, thrown in the interest of the Western Delegation, because I believe the Baron favors my person. Your letter expressing concern about Marcada who has been hostile to the Mouth did not fall on deaf ears however. There was some trickery involved, not of my own making, and I have merely moved to make use of the situation. As the wife of Marcada, which I very well may be some time soon, I will be in a position in the Empire to come into many places where I would otherwise be shunned, as well as keep a personal eye upon his activities. Thus it may be that a woman can serve the Mouth better than any man could have done in my place! My brother Ramius I've send in for the first negotations, though if such may be come necessary I beseech you to exercise some pressure upon my honorable but stubborn sibling as well as my father so the see the full benefits of the situation.

I was introduced to quite a few interesting characters, which no doubt shall proof of worth in days to come. A surprising number of Westerners attended the event, such as the Councilor Constanza, who arrived on board of the Mardigal.

There was a brief moment of excitment when an assassin breached the security, but our own Condotierre legionaires apprehended the culprit. I command to your attention corperal Crecce who defended with valor not only himself and the delegation, but his newly wed wife, a situation which has the hearts and minds of the Embassy rivited with romance. I have taken madam Crecce under my care, who is already proving to be an asset to our cause.

Other than that the Citadel remains divided upon who should be the next Ceasar, with factions pushing forward their own candidates. I will of course take any opportunity to further our cause.

Your Dutiful Servant,

Rosalie Lo Russo
Consul of World's Mouth
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”