DREAM GUY: The Gravetide of Brionna [part of challenge 2]

Moderator: Mods

Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Unaware that anyone might be drawing conclusions that she was not aware of about herself, Jolanda found the Count's reply challenging. "So generous of you to offer." she rose a suggestive eyebrow to Brionna, he's aching for us to try seduce him! Easy is he, yes, I can imagine that is quite true.

"You poor thing, so many ladies, and only one of you... it's far more expeditious to tackle two at once isn’t it. Yet you distress our egos to admit that the other ladies have already worn you out. We get the left overs do we? Tsk tsk," Jolanda tutted with amusement, "So what is this deal then?"

She wondered if he was planning to tell Brionna the secret he'd mentioned to her in the hallway earlier that night? A part of her was jealous of that unknown revelation, a part of her didn't want Brionna to be privy to whatever it might be. If I am the only one to know then wouldn't that make me special?

Post by Guest »

Guy gave Jolanda a pretty pout "Is that what you think of me? If you'd knew why I am under the obligation to do this you would think more kindly of me. You see.. I have to seduce as many girls as I can in this quest. Each girl I have saves the life of one of my crewmembers, for I will need the sum of money to buy their freedom." He was aware of the bomb he had just placed and watched both ladies wearily, wondering if they would explode for having been dupped. Then again.. clever girls that they were, they might already have guessed he was out for something else than marriage.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda gasped, blinking with surprise she looked at Brionna. This was a whole different game all of a sudden... yet... her brow furrowed as her mind raced though the event's of the evening, matching up fragments that now seemed to all make sense. His odd slips in accent, the way he'd played so careful to each of the ladies, letting none of them seem a favorite when in a group. Yes, it seemed that he was telling the truth.

"How many men's lives hang in the balance?" she asked, though really it didn't seem important, "And who is holding such a threat over your head, there shall be another way to match it than catering to their sick whim... and... how successful have you yet been?"

Another question then popped into her mind, how did this unknown devil know how Guy progressed, unless he had spies watching? She looked around the room, wondering all of a sudden if they were being watched? The balcony - her room also had a balcony - it suddenly occurred to Jolanda that that was the most likely way they would be spied upon, perhaps all the girls rooms had balconies? Giving Brionna a nudge and a wink, she moved towards the Count, "Then we ought not disappoint you..." she ran her fingers down the neckline of her nightgown and begun unbuttoning it further, all for effect, for anyone watching, then leaned to kiss those lips of the count that had pouted so sweetly with her tease only a few moments before.

Then glancing towards the doors of the balcony, the threw a laugh into the air and skipped over to pull the curtains closed upon them.

Her manner then immediately altered, as she then turned. "And so how do you plan to deal with this 'little' problem?"

Post by Guest »

"Over forty," Guy sighed, "I can never save them all, unless.." His eyes narrowed shrewdly "Unless I come up with some scheme to double or triple my money."

When Jolanda demanded to know who could hold him under such threat, he stood up, pacing up and down the room, running his hand though his ruffled blacky curly hair "It is such an unlikely story that you'll never believe me," he complained.

Guy sighed "Okay, picture this." He gave them an uncertain look "I've been in Kings Court to find a new crewsmember.. a healer.. I .. ah.. convince her to come with us." There was a furtive glance suggesting he was embellishing the truth slightly "Such a lovely lady. We land in Roque D'Ancourt where I have regular business and I .. take our out to town.. one thing leads to another."

He stopped giving Brionna and Jolanda an uncertain grin "Well, you know how it is...I wined and dined her and we ended up in bed."

He shook his darkhaired head "THAT is when my trouble started. Turns out.. she's the Kings Healer. She tried telling me, but I didn't listen .. to my detrimenet." He stood still gesturing with his hands "Suddenly he stands before me, just after. I'm still dazed. King Balthasar himself. VERY angry. I dash for the window. I make it out completely naked. However he already caught my crew."

Guy sighed "I couldn't release my crew the normal ways, so I reached a deal. He seeks to punish me.. for touching his mistress, as it turns out. Some healer! He is wicked, and he's a strong magick user." He gave both ladies a desperate glance "He used a curse.. A CURSE. The One cursed me."
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

OOC: Sorry for the delay, guys. Real Life delivered a few kicks recently. Should be back on schedule now, though. So bear with me while I make one of my great big catch-up posts. ;)

IC:

When Guy suggested that they could both ravish him and he wouldn't be able to lift a finger to stop them, Brionna's mouth dropped open in surprise. Didn't he say he was trying to get away from that sort of thing? she wondered. The Count was an extremely complex man, she decided. Making any assumptions at all was obviously dangerous. She caught Jolanda's eye and grinned in response to her playful answer.

When he offered a deal, however, her eyes narrowed a little in speculation. She held her peace for the time being, however, not trusting herself to speak. Would making a deal with him take us out of the running? Do I want that? Do I want to be in the running? It was all rather confusing, so she turned her attention back to her host in the hope that his explanation would help her make up her mind.

His revelation that each seduced woman would save the life of one of his crew left her feeling as if someone had punched her. It brought home two realisations: that she had never been intending to sleep with him until such time as she had won the right to marry him, and that she didn't know if she would be able to refuse if it would help to save the lives of his men. The thought left her feeling off-balance.

She was grateful to Jolanda for asking questions, since it gave her time to bring her own reactions under control. However when the woman slipped off the bed and minced towards him, slowly unbuttoning her nightgown, Brionna's face first drained of colour and then flushed with discomfort. Saving lives is all very well, but here? Now? In front of me? Or does she think... She remembered her friend's words about there being two of them and only one of him, and felt her cheeks heat further. Then Jolanda pulled the curtains shut and became all brisk business.

Still curled up on the bed, Brionna felt slightly foolish. She should have realised from the wink Jolanda had given her that the woman had some plan in mind. She relaxed and considered the Count's response.

"Over forty?" she repeated incredulously. "You're right, it would be impossible to save them all like this. Even before you sent half of your guests away, there weren't forty of us!" Her brow furrowed with a puzzled frown. "For that matter, why did you send half away? If this is about seducing as many women as possible, wouldn't you have been better off keeping as many of us here as possible?"

As she rose from the chair and began pacing, her eyes followed him. He seemed torn between embarassment and uncertainty, and she wished that there was a way she could offer comfort that wouldn't be immediately misconstrued. The story he told was bare-boned, but still sounded like something out of an old tale. Well, you wanted to hear colourful stories from his past, she reminded herself with considerable irony. When she had made that request, she hadn't imagined anything like this.

When he finally reached the end, the look he gave them was so full of desperation that her heart went out to him. Uncurling her legs from under her, she slid from the bed and moved to stand beside him. Laying a comforting hand on his arm, she replied, "A curse can usually be broken though, can it it not? We're both resourceful young women. I'm sure that between the three of us we can find a way to make this work." She put as much assurance into her voice as she could, which was considerably more than she felt.

She tugged him gently in the direction of the bed and gestured for Jolanda to join her. "Let's all sit comfortably," she suggested. "Then you can tell us the details of this curse, so we know what we have to work with." A dark corner of her mind added, I seem to be getting plenty of practise dealing with this sort of thing! At least the answers to this one might be a little closer to hand...
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

It was an interesting story, to be certain, though it wasn't until Brionna asked why he had dismissed so many of the women he'd invited, that Jolanda realized that she had been ignoring little details, little details that niggled.

"Who are you, really." Jolanda added her question. He had said he was the kings cousin, but now admitted he had been curse - and appeared to want sympathy. No, there was something very wrong about his tale... but why would he make up something like this? "And what's this about money?" No self respecting Pecunian could let his comment about 'tripling his money' slide.

But then Brionna drew the 'count' to the bed, which caused Jolanda further surprise. Perhaps she has a scheme? Jolanda hadn't thought Briaonna seemed the scheming 'type', and what was she trying to get out of the man, when he’d just admitted he was an enemy of a king and about to have forty families out to revenge their sons after him? He was a lost cause, a waste of time. Perhaps Jolanda was cynical, she thought of it as realistic.

And so she stood, with eyebrow raised, waiting to see what case Guy laid before them... she wasn't thinking about men with lives at risk, she didn't know them, she wouldn’t miss them.

Post by Guest »

"I am not sending away the ladies," Guy sighed, "The others are.. they are watching us." He gave Jolanda a grateful smile when she created a measure of privacy.

He gave the ladies a lopsided grin then stood and bowed with a flourish, showing a magnificent leg in Mouth fashion "My name is Raven Darkheart, captain of the Lady Rose. My name is feared across the Mer." He rose again, his face now more serious "I seriously pissed of the king. He seeks revenge."
Raven Darkheart
Captain

Post by Raven Darkheart »

Raven sighed, running his hand through his dark curls. "I am sorry, miladies, I seem not to be able to think clearly at the moment."

He let himself fall onto the bed "Now then, the curse.... the king is not the nice guy you've been told about. He controls the Aether like it is his backpocket, and he has his ire set on me. I touched his girl and he's not going to let go." Raven gave Brionna and Jolanda a stubborn look. He did not regret his actions. He was merely annoyed at the kings curse.

"Now the king set me a curse that for every girl I didn't sleep with he'd kill one of my crewmembers, but to up the anty he'd be voting off girls at every turn. The only boon I could ensure was one free card per round. Since the king controls the Aether, I take his word for it."
Currently NPC
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

An uncomfortable tingle crept across Jolanda's flesh as he confirmed they were being watched, she crossed her arms, and looked around the room, wondering where else spies might lurk.

"Honored to hold your name..." she murmured, looking at him now that she knew, he seemed quite different - and some how right. He looked towards Brionna, wondering if she believed his tale. It seemed to Jolanda to complex to be made up. Lies were best left simple she knew, how often had she been caught out by making them too grand.

"Well, seems you have quite a problem." she commented, it was his problem after all. "It will take quite a bit more than our 'assistance' to sort matters out." she looked at him, as he fell into an absurdly relaxed pose on the bed. Irritation bubbling up within her that he was acting so spoilt, "But why you are just lying there beats me."

"If you are any sort of captain to your men, if you are any sort of rogue of note, then you ought to have some sort of plan. Do you think Brionna and I are going to solve your problems for you, well, what's in it for us? Or are we supposed to simply be dazzled by your good looks, oh yes I can see how easy it would be for some to get suckered in. Well, I for one aren't inspired by a 'romp-for-charity-meet'."

She walked around the bed, "So you're trying to save your men by playing into the kings hand? Is that because it is the only option, or because it suits your wick." yes she was telling him off, "seems to me that once you are through here, your name shall be laughed at rather than feared, in all the Mer."

"So..." getting that off her chest, she begun to think more seriously, "How much is a man's life and your reputation worth to you? I'm not talking in sentiment, I'm talking about gold. How much are you willing to pay for every man's life that Brionna and I can save?"
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Brionna's eyebrows rose as the 'Count' revealed himself to be a ship captain and not the master of this competition at all. "Raven Darkheart," she murmured. "I think I've heard the name since I moved to Roque..." But whether it was a passing comment in the bazaar or gossip amongst the servants in the Souived household, she couldn't remember.

His unflattering description of the King brought a wry smile to her lips. "It would appear His Majesty is not universally liked," she observed. "He's been stirring up all sorts of trouble in Roque of late, so I'm not entirely surprised to find him with his fingers in this particular pie as well. Are you sure he has such control of the Aether as you claim, though? I don't recall ever hearing much about his involvement with things like that." She thought for a moment, then added, "Although I'll admit that lately I haven't been paying much attention to gossip."

Her train of thought was broken as Jolanda began to berate him for his attitude. Eyes flicking between them, she wavered between shock at the way the woman had suddenly laid into him and amusement at her blunt assessment of the situation. When she referred to the 'romp-for-charity meet', Brionna bit hard into her bottom lip to keep from an outburst of giggles. It was crude, but it was an apt description of what he was requiring.

Mirth fled as Jolanda finished her tirade and brought the whole question down to money. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise. I hadn't realised she was so mercenary! she thought. It disturbed her a little, but she decided to wait and see how the Count - Captain Darkheart! she corrected herself - would respond to such a question. If Jolanda had a plan of some sort, she wasn't going to step in and derail it. Not until she knew more about it, anyway.
Raven Darkheart
Captain

Post by Raven Darkheart »

Raven gave Jolanda a glare, her words hitting a mark. "Well milady" that was a sneer right there, "I happen to have had a very active and tiring gravetide. Excuse me for reaching the limits of my abilities. Not all ladies objected quite as loud. In fact most welcomed it. You shall not have to fear however. I've yet to force a woman." He snorted, most ungentlemanlike, feeling freed of the obligation to pretend to be a noble.

The snappy pirate was out of the bag, and at a certain level he actually appreciated Jolanda's attitude. She would do well on a ship, provided she could hold a cutlass. "I'll give you each the garantuee you'll stay till the last possible moment, so you can reap all the gowns and jewelry there is to be had. Plus a bonus at the end when we manage to save my crew, of say 50 crowns. Of course, anything else you manage to pocket that doesn't belong to me.. I couldn't care less."

He gave them both a sharp look with his ice blue eyes "Are you ready for my cunning plan, eh? Are you in, or out?"
Currently NPC
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Brionna felt a twist of confusion at the captain's response. On the one hand, she felt as though she ought to come to her friend's defence. On the other, she could see how Jolanda's attack gave him more than adequate justification for his words. She chewed at her lip as she considered his offer. It looked red and sore by the time she spoke, but she ignored the discomfort as she focussed on the man on the bed beside her.

"Realx, Captain. I think we're all on the same side here." She glanced briefly at Jolanda, her eyes encouraging, then back. It seemed that the man behind the pose of Count de Reve was as touchy as they came, and she didn't want him angered to the point where he'd storm out of the room. Aside from her own inclination to help those in trouble, she found that she was enjoying this insight into the real 'Count'.

A small smile touched the corner of her mouth as she added, "Your offer is generous, and I'm glad for the oportunity to stay - although that's as much because I want to help your men as for any promise of reward." The smile broadened into a wry grin. "Besides, I find that I rather like you without all of that deception and misdirection you were practising earlier."

Shaking her head at her own whimsy, her green eyes locked with his blue ones as she finished, "I'll do whatever I can to help you and your men, Captain. Even if that puts me working against the King himself. I'm in." She held out one small hand to him, looking to seal the bargain.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda's eyes flashed as he retorted, that was more like it, he did have balls after all.

She could see that Brionna was trying to pacify the situation, but it did not help her hold her tongue. "Fifty crowns!" she shook her head, "I could get fifty crowns for..." she decided it would not do her image well to specify just what she would do for fifty crowns.

"No, make it a hundred, and I'm in." she folded her arms and stood her ground. Whatever this cunning plan was, it was obvious to Jolanda he was desperate. That put her in a very nice spot for negotiation, "And..." a thin smile twisted her lips, "and I want one kiss, not now, but when I say so."

A victory kiss, yes, she would take it when she wanted - with as many present to see it as possible.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Raven stood gazing at Jolanda for quite a while. She managed to leave him speechless, her pose and her words quite amusing the dark haired man. "You have got the deal milady. A hundred crowns it is. As for that kiss, I shall be glad to offer it to you whenever you wish it." Amusement glinted in his eyes as he chuckled. "Perhaps we should barter some more. A kiss now to seal the deal? I can't give in that easily, though you do drive a hard bargain." There was a clear dare in his eyes as he waited for Jolanda to reply.

"But, let me tell you something of the plan first." This time his eyes were on Brionna. "You see I don't plan to go down that easily. In fact I plan to cheat. Well, perhaps not cheat. Simply not play by the rules. Tomorrow morning, you are to go for a ride with the King. There will be a picnic and stuff. I shall need you ladies to keep him properly occupied for at least half a tide. In the meantime I shall see if I can locate the money he is to pay me and steal it. Why wait until the end when I can have it now. If I am not here by the time you return, assume I was successful and look for a letter under your pillow. I shall leave the directions to meet me there. Can you do that for me, ladies?"
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Brionna Galenn

Post by Brionna Galenn »

Brionna watched with bemusement as Jolanda and Raven haggled over the terms of the agreement. Her friend's insistance on a kiss being part of the deal was amusing, although she wondered that anyone could be willing to bargain when there was so much at stake. She had already made her own decision. Whatever the deal, whatever the plan, she would do what she could to save as many lives as possible.

It was interesting that he looked back to her when he spoke of the plan. Perhaps he realises I'm committed to his cause? she mused. A small smile twitched at the corners of her mouth as he outlined his ideas. "Simply not play by the rules," she murmured, echoing his words. "Well, since it sounds like the King is playing fast and loose with rules himself, I suppose that's only fair." Now the smile she had been suppressing did bloom, touched with amusement.

Considering the part he was asking them to play, she nodded. "Half a tide," she agreed. "That should be manageable." A thought occurred to her and her smile faded as she asked, "Will the King not take retribution against your crew if he finds that you've stolen from him?"

Return to “Erulzat Archives”