Antic Eyes Upon the Throne [Fauna & Jolanda] Sidethread

Moderator: Mods

Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Antic Eyes Upon the Throne [Fauna & Jolanda] Sidethread

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Well, now, it thought as a slow, almost reverent, shrewd smile came to the illusion's red lips. Well, well, well, Lady Jolanda. With enough threat in its cold blue eyes, it glanced at the two Imperial White Guards, cutting off any meddling from the two.

The illusionist had seen enough statues of Pecunia around the Citadel and it could conjure the diety's feature without even turning a hair, heck, it could even weave a seeming illusion of Andolin's face upon the hirsute body of Pan if it wanted to. And, with a smal shimmer, a small trick of the light and sound, the seeming feature of the Dark Sorceress melted and faded to be replaced by a gleaming and shimmering, indistinct feature of a beautiful human woman, constantly smiling; she was wearing the finest of golden garments, richly adorned with jewelery, yet had the iron collar of a slave about her neck. In one hand she held a coin; in the other, a chain and shackles as a small bird could be seen about her divine shoulder.

"And what price wouldst that be, daughter mine?" The illusion of Pecunia asked, its voice echoing as if coming from a very distant place. Slowly, the illusion reached its divinic hand, a small jingling sound of coins could be heard as it moved, and lifted Jolanda's face to grace her with a divine smile.

"What price hast thou, in the silence of thy soul and the earnest glance of thine sight, hath been set firmly?"

Oh, this is fun! The illusion thought with glee, yet fearful for any divine bolt that may strike her in an instant.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Sat May 27, 2006 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

As the door opened again, her locking it proving useless, Jolanda frowned after Andolin.

The archaic speach was difficult to comprehend, how Jolanda wished a priest was here to expain her goddes to her! - for it seemed...

"Ahh...." her voice was troubled, "Price?" she wondered why the goddess brought up that subject, or had she misheard her own mention of a prize? "The price, has already been paid, now only the reward awaits. Yet, one cannot count upon anything, like, a door and a key do not make a room secure. Might anyone be powerful enough to do that?"

Jolanda knew better than to resist Pecunia's desire to see her face, but still kept her eyes averted from looking into the goddesses.

She wanted her Goddess to lock the door properly this time - for she knew it was pointless her trying to do it.

Fruitless and useless. Nothing. Chaff on the wind. There was little effect in anything she tried to do... it was all futile. Her deeds meant nothing. She fell silent with impotence.
Last edited by Jolanda on Mon May 29, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Time took strange paths in dreams. Had Jolanda only spent flickers, burns maybe on the floor? Beyond the treshold things were progressing without any outside help in their own timezone.

Through the thick oaken door that lead to the Imperial Bedchamber where Andolin was lord and master over everything he did see, pearls of laughter could suddenly be heard. It was the low husky voice of the consul that broke out so in genuine amusement. Might it have held a touch of mirth over outragous lies rather than a lady being entertained? Fauna certainly did not know the lady of the Mouth well enough to make such claims.
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Mon May 29, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

ooc: Ooops, sorry Jolanda. It was supposed to be 'prize'. Sorry for the wrong post. But we'll contiue it as per usual. Thanx Rose for looking at this thread as well. *huggles*

Fauna felt it first, within the core of her essence, one of her magickal orbs dissipating and disconnecting from her web-like spells. A small flawless frown crept up the illusion's face, a frown that seemed to not belong with that divinic face the Fauna had conjured.

With a small effort, Fauna's Aetheric vision scrutinized each of her orbs, meticulously checking which one had been unsummoned and realized that it was the Orb which she gave to the Lady Consul of the west.

Damnation! She was listening to the conversation between the Ceasar and the Lady Consul and Fauna, at first was appaled by Rosalie's betrayal of her, but then, Fauna knew that the Lord Azarin would understand, that she was merely doing everything she could to lift the Ceasar higher up the pedestal of power, and if pandering the Lady Consul to him would be it, Fauna would be happy and ready to do so. But damnation, I can't hear their conversation now.

She liked what was happening between the two children. Before the orb was smashed, the Dark Sorceress could hear the pent up passion between the two and she smiled and purred, knowing that the Ceasar would have the Lady Rose within his grasp within a flickering moment.

Ahhhh. It sighed, Love is in the air...

But she had to focus, she needed to push the two together, she needed the two binded, not only in carnal lust, but in the bondage of marriage of law and religion, and the woman before her, Lady Jolanda, was the key.

"Fear not, Daughter Mine." The seeming illusion of Pecunia smiled gently at her. "I see thine frustration clearly painted upon thy face."

"Let not failure fill thy essence, for in truth, I have heard thy plea and my divine power shall give thee aid. Now, divulge unto me, Daughter Mine, what doth thou seek? What doth thou pray from thy Goddess..." The illusion smiled at her gently. "Mayhaps, thou wouldst like to converse with someone? Divulge unto me everything thine heart's desire and let me carry thine burden." What they needed was someone who would be able to see the two children caught, red handed, like children playing doctor and patient.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Rosalie Marcada

It was rather unclear which part of the conversation between Rosalie and Andolin had adressed the love Fauna thought to discern. Or perhaps it was thought in irony?

Certainly neither of them had spoken about such a topic out loud although the conversation had been heavy with sexual tension. In fact a denial of such tender feelings was what ended up the orb in the fire before it exploded, its magick curling back upon the sorceress.

What was clear, for it came right through the door, wafting at Jolanda kneeling in pietyful submission to what she thought was her deity, was that not all was well within the Imperial Bedchamber. It was without a doubt the voice of the petite consul of the Mouth in vehement anger that shouted:

I never, ever want to marry you.

While the rest of the conversation was shielded by the rooms thick walls, a delighted deep masculine laugh reached them nonetheless.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda heard it too, the laughter, the teasing ladylike protestations, and further masculine laughter of delight; that Rosalie was playing hard to get.

"It is done." Jolanda gave a small smile, "What I seek, is achieved." she motioned towards the door, "I had thought a sham was required, but it sounds as though my assistance here was unnecessary." it sounded like Rosalie was using her feminine charms of Andolin far more effectively than keys in locks and summoned legionnaires.

She arose then, feeling herself relax as purpose slipped away.

"Should you like to walk with me my Goddess?" The notion of taking a walk along the hall with her goddess might usually be bizarre, for right now, it felt rather normal to Jolanda, "I think it's time to go home." And the image formed in Jolanda's mind of the candle shop, and her families faces ruddy and glowing in the light of the small fire, "yes home..." her voice gentle and soft.
Last edited by Jolanda on Tue May 30, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Footsteps. Men approached. Armored troops judging from the sounds they made. Around the bend they came. Only three, but lead by a knight in shining armor. He was tall and handsome. Sir Frederic Hagen of the Holy Order of Dominicus came to the rescue of Madam Lo Russo and Madam Crecce. They were under his protection and he was damned if he would let them be prisoners for long. His only regret was that it took this long to organize the attack. Who knows what happened to them. Imperials and their decadent ways. Rounding the bend it took him less than a flicker to take in the scene.

Sword held high, the handsome paladin charged. Flanked by a pair of King's finest he thundered down the hall. "FOR THE LIGHT!" The two Imperial Guards at the door did not linger either. With a hiss of steel their own swords came loose as they broke into a run themselves. "FOR HONOR AND SEVEN ISLES!" The trio thundered past Jolanda with Hagen's armored fist passing through Fauna's illusion and shattering it into a thousand golden pieces. Turning into tiny golden coins they fell to the ground, bounced once, bounced twice and disappeared in a small flash of golden light.

The clash was terrible. Hagen great sword came around in a lightning fast sideways slash. It would have surely sliced the rightmost guard in half had it not been for the man's own skill at arms. CLANG! Forearm going numb, he was sent tumbling into his fellow. Hagen himself staggered into one of the Kingstones, as the other soldiers stumbled over the fallen Imperial Guards. It was a weird jumble of flesh, armor and swords.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

"Lord Hagen!" Jolanda cried out in joy. Soon everything would be better, she just knew it - the Paladin's glistening amour told her that much.

But as he broke into a charge, she startled - turning in wondering what was going on - giving a cry of surprise to discover that the hall had turned into a battle field! Her beautiful goddess was not war-monger - promptly she vanished.

"Oh!" does anyone truly appreciate what they have, until it is gone. Jolanda realized belatedly she should have asked Pecunia for the meaning of life... such an opportunity, wasted.

But there was no time for regrets now, and watched in dismay as the mighty warrior fell. "No!" yet another hallway, yet another westerner wounded, she had had enough of nursing men.

"Stop it right this moment!" she stepped forward midst the tangle of bodies, "Don't you all realize this is not a time for battle but for celebration. Our countries have just been co-joined - Lord Azarin has taken Lady Lo Russo as his wife!"

"If you do not believe me, then look for yourselves - just behind that door." thus she pointed to the bedchamber.
Last edited by Jolanda on Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

OOC~ Repeated from Bedroom thread:

IC~

On his way back to the throne room, Andolin opened the door to the antechamber and was surprised by what he saw ...

An assassination attempt! He started to imagine the number of guards that he had outside his door to be more plentiful.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was Sit Hagen that got up first. Casting a quick glance at Jolanda he paused in midstep. "What? A marriage?" Pulling his sword out of the tangle of bodies his eyes went to Andolin. The woman must be delusional or enspelled. I shall need to have a word with that sorceress in the Throne Room. Have her dispel the magick. With cold fury in his eyes, the tall Paladin advanced upon the Caesar.

It was then that Imperial Guardsmen began to appear in the hallway. Two by two they materialized from thin air and started advancing on the lone paladin and his companions. Sir Hagen was sorely outnumbered now. Yet, instead of panic he simply smiled and broke into a run, his voice rising over the din of battle behind him, as Kingstones engaged the two Imperial Guards they crashed into. All four were still struggling to rise and the battle was an awkward affair, with men still on their knees trading vicious sword blows. The tall blond Paladin ran and prayed his voice clear and audible over the din of battle.

"Dominicus, guide my hand,
give me strength to persevere
show me the path and be my eyes.
Let your wisdom give me courage
show your power on this day
banish the magick of the wicked
let me win in your name."

His voice rose to a shout as he ran, sword held high. With a single slash of the mighty blade he cleaved through the pair of newly summoned Guardsmen as his sword started glowing. The light it shed was brilliant and blinding, yet he did not seem bothered by it. The Guardsmen before Andolin screamed and covered their eyes, as the mighty Paladin moved through their ranks barely slowing down. Caesar had barely more than a few flickers before he would be within a striking distance of the tall blond warrior.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

A brave man would have instinctively summoned Caesar's flaming blade and sought to stop the paladin in his tracks in a mighty battle, steeped in glory. Such brave man would also be a foolish man, for the paladin had demonstrated an aptitude with the blade that Andolin was unlikely to equal.

No, Andolin's greatest weapon was his mind. He had already been slain once by Balthasar in one of his dreams. It had seemed painful, and he had no desire to experience death again.

Summoning forth additional guards would be futile, most likely. Instead, Andolin remembered yet another walk in the aether where he had adventured with Rosalie, a giant, a barbarian woman, and some paladin type. He had been a coyote there, and he would be a coyote here.

"I am unarmed," he called as his mind conjured what it wanted. He could only hope that paladins found no honor in striking someone defenseless. Andolin imagined that his bedroom was full of traps, including a wide and deep pit suddenly opening beneath the charging paladin. Some sharp spikes at the bottom might be a pleasant luxury. In fact, a pit so wide that the paladin could not leap over it would be nice, and then Andolin could imagine himself back safely behind the pit.

Now he needed to see if it would work, as he held out his arms showing that he was unarmed.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

While Andolin was seeing a pit in the floor, Jolanda's eyes shone seeing only the glory of a Paladin in his full prime.

Her breath caught away, he was beautiful! Never had she seen such a sight, his charge, though desperately outnumbered, sent a shiver of admiration up her spine... how had she not noticed before how magnificent Sir Hagen was? Even his cry for Dominicus guidance sounded thrilling!

Her hand moved to steady her pounding heart, "Surrender, you cannot win against a Holy Paladin!" she cried out in support of Hagen, a glow of adoration within her eyes.

The great clash between the men was so evoative, she might almost swoon! He would succeed, she was certain of it, she was equally certain she wanted him to save her too... only it was not yet the time.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Hagen might have known the soldiers were illusions. Dominicus might have protected his and gave him strength. Still they barred the way and he had to cut through. That gave Andolin enough time to implement his plan. Within a blink of an eye, the scene changed and he was back in the bedroom, standing right next to Rosalie. Lightly to the side, the hallway was not clearly visible, but there was a pit at the entrance of the room. About fifteen feet wide, it was some twenty feet deep and an array of wicked looking spikes were sticking out of the bottom.

Hagen saw the Major Domos disappear and did the only thing he knew that could allow him to move faster. With a final swing of his sword he sent the guard stumbling back to dodge, and then rushed them. Grasping the blade in his left hand he used it as a bar and pushed the guards back hoping to send them tumbling into the room he heard Madam Consul call from. He ignored her words about not bringing his men in. Only he managed to break through.

The Kingstones behind him had the situation well under control. Well trained and well armed, the Imperial Guardsmen were not their equals even though the battle was still far from over. The white clad guards each bore several light wounds and the western soldiers were pushing them back toward the Throne Room. Steel clanged against steel as they slowly pushed their way back, with Jolanda in their way. Only a few more paces and they would be on top of her. They obscured Sir Hagen from sight, but there was a loud clang and screams of pain that followed.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda hoped those screams of pain were ones inflicted by the mighty Paladin, she tried tip toe to try see over the retreating Imperial guards -- only just realising she was so divided from Rosalie.

Backing away, towards the Throne room, she wondered what she should do? Why do they keep fighting? The clash of steel rattled her head, she frowned and looked behind her, it seemed inevitable she'd be back with jam-girl any moment. Perhaps a curious motivation, but it was enough to prompt action.

"Stop it at once, this is plain ridiculous!" She shouted over the din and stepped forward - hoping that the Imperial guards would halt their swords rather than strike her down (she knew the westerners had far too good manners to do anything like that). "Let reason be your guide gentlemen." she continued in strong voice, "look around you, do you see enemies? Well perhaps you were in the past, but tonight you have become allies with the linking of the West with the Citadel. Cast aside your swords, and shake hands - Lady Lo Russo and Lord Azarin have been wed, and I am certain they do not wish for further bloodshed on this occasion. Come men, you are amongst the honoured few who are first to learn this fact, celebrate, celebrate with me!" In her speech her eyes glittered with passion and perhaps some fear.

If they did not heed her now, it was entirely likely she would be struck down.
Last edited by Jolanda on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Sir Hagen was out of sight for but a flicker, but then his blond head showed once more. Into the room he strode, and there was merely a glimpse of Consul Lo Russo. She was naked and wrapped in bed sheets, a stain of something dark on them. Then the sword fighters came closer and she stepped into their midst. It was a bold move on the girl's part, but a foolish one as well. The Westerners did indeed stop their blades as did one of the Imperial Guards, but the other had already swung. Sharp blade came whistling straight towards Jolanda's neck.

Luckily the man was well trained and he simply let go of the sword, letting the momentum carry it from his hand and flying down the hallway. Taking a step back, the man rose his hands showing it was unintentional as his fellow did the same. All four now looked at Jolanda waiting for an explanations as Sir Hagen's words came from the room. "You were taken prisoner. Am I to assume that you have come to an arrangement and understanding with this man here? Did you manage to trade something in return for your freedom? If that is the case I could leave you two alone to close the deal." Silence fell after that.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

As the blade swung Jolanda realised how great her misjudgement.

*swooch*

Time stood still as a deathly certainty came over her that this was the end... an with it came heavy regret of all the things she had not done, places she had not seen, hopes she had never dared voice. To love to laugh to sing, to kick up her heels and throw caution to the wind, to trust. For who would miss her when she was gone, who was she to anyone but a passing acquaintance. Grim understanding came before Jolanda and in certain tones told her of her misspent hours.

"No!" The girl cried out, trying to shield herself from recognising deaths face, for surely it was only upon accepting her judgement that she would be welcomed into his embrace. "Give me another chance, I promise I shall do better! I shall... I shall...." what might she do? "I shall save three persons lives in three days, I shall trust my live into another’s hands, and I shall risk everything for nothing in return!" she bargained with death those things that seemed laughable to her previously.

*clatter*

The sword fell to the floor, she gasped, death had accepted her bargain!

In a whirl of confusion to what had just happened, she could only look in confusion. Jolanda blinked, confused. This was the part where she usually would lie, where she usually would fabricate what ever truth suited her. But she could not lie now, not after her pact.

"Gentlemen," she explained to the likewise confused men, likely thinking she was mad, "I am tired of the fighting... I thought I should prefer to end it by your charity that you would not wish to harm a lady. Or should I have died, then too, I would no-longer need to her your angry cries."

Her head hurt with a sudden headache, did it always hurt the mind to tell the truth (or at least something very close to it)?

"I am sorry," she apologised to all present, " please, if you must, do continue." she sighed, "but please, might you explain to me why it must be so, when you have dear ones at your homes who shall weep should any one of your lives be lost, why must you fight? Might it not be solved some other way? Should we not remember the circle of faith..." the circle of faith that Bittalli had spoken of in his sermon was likely not commonly known, yet it had seems a beautiful concept to Jolanda, even if it was a little confusing.

Her energy was sapped, yet here, she did not wish the men to kill each other, and she had made a pact with death to save three men's lives... perhaps, perhaps she might save the first tonight?
Last edited by Jolanda on Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

They stopped. Simply stood there, listening to her words and staring. One by one they lowered their weapons. Even though they all had their orders, they could not fight with her in their midst. One of the Kingstones behind Jolanda tried to respond. "They held Madam Consul.... and you, Madam Crecce. They held you hostage. Sir Hagen ordered your rescue. They....they were in the way. And armed. What were we supposed to do?" One of the Imperial Guards, the one still bearing a sword, sought to provide another angle. "We had orders. Our Caesar told us not to let anyone enter. They were trying to get into the Imperial Bedchamber."

Sir Hagen was visible through the door of the bedchamber. Looming over Rosalie he certainly could crush the petite lady, dressed only in a bed sheet. A word whore drifted to the hall. Sir Hagen uttered it, for there was no mistaking the tall man's voice. The guards glared at each other, Imperials' fully intent on stopping the now reluctant Kingstones from passing. The western soldiers were trying to glimpse what was going on in the chamber beyond, waiting to see if their commander needed help. They could see him clearly now, standing with his sword lowered, talking to Madam Consul.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

"Gentlemen." Jolanda replied very soberly, "Here we are, the all of us, pawns in others games - I serve Madam Consul too, I can understand your concerns, we all have our duty to perform, and no doubt you have even sworn oaths. However..."

Here she took a deep breath, "Is it not the aim of our betters to find unity? Have you not heard city wide how the recent troubles have disturbed not only the Citadel but all of Tazlure?" ok, so she embellished a bit, but generally Jolanda did her best to stick to truth. "Have you not been present s guards to curious meetings, in curious places, I have, I have seen Madame Consul going to great lengths to try find peace. I do not doubt that Lord Azarin is doing just the same. And though we, as mere escorts, are not privy to what goes on in those meetings, can you not be certain that they are not seeking way to play war upon each other?"

She then paused, feeling it was important to have them agree to that point.

"That said gentlemen, there is a new day looming, a new calling, a new ideal to which your fealty is truly deserved. And it is a simple, yet perfect as any man woman and child can ever hope for, it is Peace. No more shall we be divided as we are here... "

"And so when you are commanded to battle each other, remember this greater wisdom, and desist. Slay not each other, but turn, and back to back fight off those who would resist peace. That is what our Leaders truly want. That is what they are trying to achieve. Their eyes might be blinded to their very own goals for a moment, but it is Peace that Madame Consul and Lord Azarin want!"

"Gentlemen, it is a secret still, but you shall soon become the Strong arm of Peace, and Terrors shall lay down their weapons or be quashed into the earth they had for so long bloodied!" Jolanda had gotten a little carried away, her voice impassioned with a singular vision of glory... for the figure head for Unity, she imagined might be herself - basked in golden light of a new dawn.
Last edited by Jolanda on Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was a fine speech. Guards were moved by her words, murmuring and nodding to each other, one even casting his eyes down. Up until the point where she mentioned fighting back to back. As she kept going on, the guards edged away from her a bit, distrust in their eyes. Remembering how she stood in the way of swords, they kept asking themselves Is she mad?. Her words were powerful, but somewhat delusional. As if the lady's head was in the clouds and blind to the world around her. There was war looming overhead and they were mere specks of dust upon the face of Tazlure. They were not ready for such high visions yet.

But, the lady risked her life for them to stop fighting. That had to mean something. The still armed Imperial Guardsman was the first to speak. "No fighting, but they can not pass. Not until Lord Azarin allows it." He stood in the middle of the hallway, his comrade behind him. One of the Kingstones took a step forward, but his companion stopped him. "No, it is alright. Sir Hagen is talking." The man craned his neck and saw the paladin in conversation with someone, though the words he spoke were not audible.

The next image that showed itself in the doorway drew gasps of surprise from both Western soldiers. Consul Lo Russo was walking towards them, dressed in nothing but what appeared to be a bloody bed sheet. Her shoulders were bare and her back was most probably indecently exposed. Leaning on his sword Sir Hagen stood still, this time his words carrying to those gathered in the hallway. "Little girl. Do not presume that you have any power over me. Not after what I saw right now." The Kingstones looked at each other in surprise, while the Imperial soldiers turned towards the strange scene as well, four pair of eyes focused on it now.
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Delusional? Perhaps Jolanda was, yet in her mind it had seemed beautiful and so very possible... until the men around her expressed discord and cynicism showed upon their faces.

She could not blame them really – more so as they turned and saw Rosalie. Jolanda's heart sunk for the ruined state she were in. "Sir, give me your jacket!" she ordered of one of the western men, and moved directly to Rosalie to cover the woman. The guards were nto allowed to pass that line, but they had not said Jolanda could not.

"Remain strong." she whispered, not certain to the state of Rosalie's mind. It did not seem possible that the Consul could be in public in such disrepair. It became plain to Jolanda that things had gone worse than very wrong. "Now, take us home!" she ordered the guards, wondering why Sir Hagen remained behind. She and hoped he would do something very nasty to Andolin for letting Rosalie endure such humiliating shame as all of this.

"We will have revenge Rose..." she whispered vehemently, discovering hatred for the would be Caesar of the Citadel.
Rosalie Marcada

In Rosalie's mind she had forgotten she wore only the sheet. It became an ivory dress ending in a bloodred fire around her legs, hugging her close except for the widely flaring skirt in Mouthie fashion. She smiled as Jolanda put a jacket on her, her delusion complete "Fair Jolanda" she wispered "How well you look after me. You truly serve me well. We've won victory here, my friend, well deserved."

She gave the gathered soldiers a look "Well.. do no stare at your betters.... get moving. The Western Delegation is withdrawing to the Ambassy with the permission of his Highness. On the double if you please.." Muttering to Jolanda she added "The Condotierre would already be on the job.. so sad these Kingstone men.. and that dreadful paladin especially... no sense of what is necessary."

Return to “Erulzat Archives”