In Darkness I Cannot Find My Way: Samheen 23rd (closed)

Moderator: Mods

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin rushed into the crowd, a lesson he needed to learn about rushing in. His sword had little effect on the crowd; in fact it seemed to turn them on him. He was trying to be merciful, but he could see there were not people, but parts of the darkness. The beatings and slicing from the people came from every direction. He felt the blood on his cheek as his sword flashed in the crowd to just push them back, either knocking them back, or cutting them down.

The hollering voice of Bathazar let him know he was not the King, like everything else here, it was a lie. He had to remember it was all lies. “In the Name of the One, I curse you, and order you back to the darkness you came from.” He said through gritted teeth as his arm brought in the deadly blade.

His body was feeling broken and painful, he was surrounded and called on all his strength to block and parry the people around him. Trying to use the masses around him to his advantage, letting them tangle themselves up. His style left the sword to deliver the more deadly blows, and his free hand to block and push the attack of others into the crowd.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Surely the Halls of Entropy could be no more chaotic than this. It caused the Black Knight to ponder how best to employ his power. Already a host of guards rushed to free Rosalie; but, they were making little headway.

If they want to see a witch, then I shall think of one that looks the part, but is otherwise harmless. He could imagine an old crone dressed in black with a booming cackling laugh and a black bird upon her shoulder ... while she had a nimbus glow to her. Nothing more, just a harmless old crone with an evil laugh that could drawn out the roar of the crowd.

"There is your witch!" he shouted as he pointed to the place where he could imagine the decoy. "Forget the girl and burn her instead."
Last edited by Andolin on Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

It was an oval room, with the girl held fast to one wall. We entered from one passage...and we left by the opposite passage. But there was another exit...one we did not take. Didn't one of us take that passage? Amica nodded, her eyes wandering as she tried desperately to focus upon the words spoke to her. She did remember another passage...and it was not far behind them, though it would be a run. I have already run that length three times, thought Amica, grimacing and turning back to the chaos in the main chamber. Is it not fate I should run it twice more?

"I must go to this place and gather this orb," she declared to both woman and Cat. "I must move swiftly. You both must wait here in safety..." the safety seemed rather fleeting and tenuous, but she could offer nothing more "...until I return."

It seemed fair that they must replace all three of the orbs to stop whatever hunted them...and while Amica did not consider it safe for her to go alone, her comrades were struggling for their lives...and she could do them no service without the third orb. She could move rather quickly alone...she had done it countless times in the desert...and with any luck, she would return in time to be of some assistance then.

"May the spirits watch over you," she offered, moving to depart and race back through the chamber and beyond. She would need to move through the main room...then down the steps...then through the cavern room...then through the narrow hallway to regain the oval room of torture. The orb should be down the passage to her right as she entered, if her memory served her...but she would no doubt find at least one of Black Beast's guardians along the way. May the spirits watch over me as well, she frowned, rising to sprint away.
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosalie had been stunned by the crowd, but she woke up into action about half way of being torn apart. Dammit, we've done all this before. Were are my wits?

Firmly he chestnuthaired girl imagined a place that right now was by far the safest place in the room, being so close to the orbs. Right behind the throne. A bit cramped, but it would do. "I beg pardon for the confusion, milord " she declared calmly to the Black Knight as she wriggled her little behind in place, with a glance at the new beheaded body of the "king" that still approached .. a creature of the hunter "It is rather easy to loose one's head in this place, isn't it?"
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

OOC: My apologies for the wait. *bows*

IC:

There was no resistance as Amica sped down the corridors towards the cavern where they'd found Tahnne. In fact, she saw no other signs of life at all save the occasional blue flicker of light from the darkness above her, but even those were rare. It was as if all the life of the place had focused itself on the cavernous room she had just left.

Just as she recalled it, three passages emptied into the oval chamber: the one they had come down from the kitchen above, the one they had used to escape and a third. Telnas had gone that way and had not come back or at least they had not seen him since. That passage was dark and damp, in vivid contrast to the brightness of the torture room lit with a multitude of torches.

Back in the throne room, chaos reigned.

Standing nonchalantly before Alexandra, the handsome smile broke into a feral grin, followed by laughter as the dark man watched her try to affect him with the light of the sphere.

"Unlike most of what you see here," his dark voice spoke soothingly, "I am not a construct of the darkness of your thoughts and nightmares."

He stepped towards Alexandra and reached for her arm. "I am quite real and I am afraid I really must insist!"

Meanwhile, Gavin materialized next to Rosalie just before she disappeared, the crowds shrieking in anger as they looked around the room for their target. Ignoring the big man, the many eyes scanned the room looking for their prey.

Not far away, Yin continued his efforts in the mass of hysterical humanity, slowly making his way towards Gavin and the spot where Rosalie had been. The two men were close enough now to communicate, though it would take boisterous shouts to be heard over the enraged crowd.

Behind the throne, Rosalie appeared next to the Dark Knight, who stood cowering from the beheaded and still raving Balthasar. In the crowd, next to where Rosalie had stood, the old woman of Coyote's imagination appeared, but the crowd ignored her. A cry of discovery went up as one of the men pointed at the throne.

"There she is!" he roared and the throng began to surge towards Rosalie and the Dark Knight, avoiding the circle that contained the orbs, pulling Gavin and Yin along with them lest they be knocked down and trampled.
Last edited by Shaeliana on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rosale gave an impish smile at the Dark Knight beside her, her dark eyes clearly twinkling with amusement despite their somewhat shocking desperate situation. "Sir Coyote," she told him haughtily as if she was discussing supper "Might I suggest we abondon this pointless quest for the throne to withdraw within the circle of the orbs?" Her face was one of utter calm and poise despite the threats that had been issued to her person. There was no other way to appear in control after all.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

As the man advanced forward with ill-intent, she then raised her voice. Her eyes glared at him. "I must insist that you stay back!" She hissed. Alexandrya was tired of being pushed around. "Darkness of our thoughts and nightmares?" She hoped that her voice would be loud enough to carry towards someone. This man was different from the rest and he even said he was. "Who are you, sir and what is your business here if you are not a figment of our imagination?"

She held onto the orb tightly inching it towards the pedestal, putting herself between the lavendar orb and the dark handsome man.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin cut and slashed at the arms and legs that grabbed and attacked him. Rosalie had vanished from where she was at, so all the pain he was going through was for naught. He did not have time to think about that though, he had to keep the crowd from killing him.

He checked on Alex as he fought, spotting the woman in the distance. This was a diversion, keeping him from seeing the real danger. It was just a trick to draw him away.

He felt the crowd starting to move, and he moved with it as much as he could, to get back to Alex, and protect her and the orb.

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Just because he was not need to save Rosalie did not mean Gavin wasted any time, his sword immediately setting to work, hacking off limbs and heads of people apparitions who had the misfortune of being close to the big man. For a while he did not care where Rosalie was, simply seeking to make a bit of space around himself, his sword weaving a deadly path around Gavin. His mind was calm, no rage clouding his judgment. he knew that he was simply slowing them down, but he did not need to do anything else, seeking only to make their escape easier.

As the crowd moved again, dragging him behind them, the tall warrior once more shut his eyes. It was perhaps unnecessary, and he probably could have imagined himself away without it, but so far it worked and he was reluctant to change it until it failed. His eyes shut he imagined himself close to the wall, away from the crowd a bit. His eyes caught sight of Yin and he shouted. "Paladin, get out. NOW!" He waited to see if he would listen ready to use another trick he knew would work.

As soon as Yin disappeared out of the crowd, provided he did, Gavin shut his eyes once more, seeking to imagine an array of spikes along the floor trying to make them face the crowd. It might not kill them, but if should make them unable to come closer, giving him time to think how to solve the current problem. However, if Yin did not listen, then the spikes were out of question, because no matter how much the blond man annoyed him, Gavin did not want to have his life on his soul.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin heard the man calling as he struggled trough the crowd. He turned to face Gavin, then pointed at the lavender orb. “We have to protect her, and the orb. She is in trouble.” He shouted at him as he swung his sword and punched with his fist to keep the people off him.

The throng had left cuts and bruises all over his body. He continued on, he had to get out of the crowd and get to Alex, this was his only thought.

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Yin pointed behind him, and Gavin turned in annoyance, taking a flicker to realize what it was the young paladin was trying to show him. A man stood next to Alexandrya and he was not one of their little group, nor was he intent on taking Rosalie and burning her alive. The crowd was forgotten, as the big man's eyes narrowed, only the dark man important. Leather creaked as his hand gripped the sword hilt tighter, slowly pulling the large sword back.

There was no rush in his movements, the sword slowly rising as each step brought him closer to the intruder, moving in such a way as not to be noticed too soon, seeking to lop off the arm that was extending towards the achadhiel lady. This time there was a slight tension in the Dortman's stomach, but he pushed it away, intent on striking first and asking questions later.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]

Return to “Erulzat Archives”