Searching the opportunities ~ Samheen 27th ~ Tradetide

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Searching the opportunities ~ Samheen 27th ~ Tradetide

Post by Guest »

The strongest house of merchants it is back to full force, after a fire which claimed many of it’’s core family members (still unknown if this was attack or not). D`Altamooriana deals a great deal in arms distribution, dealing with all guilds except the Assassin’’s Guild directly. Most of there average weapons can be found at the bazaar, but it one must pay a visit to the house itself, to find the truly exotic weapons they are known for. In the respect of weapons, this house does act independently from it’’s noble alliance. However, they do work in conjunction with Ach-Lunar, with producing magic potions, scented oils, and other delicacies produced from the unique and various mushrooms of Gulanadur.

It is perhaps the most open of merchant houses, for they do there own higher selling within the house. If one dresses the part of a rich buyer, than the guards usually give them no trouble, as they try to entire the manor which can only be described as large wilted pyriamid.

Gilanor had done the clothes he hadn't really used since joining the guild glad that he had stored them away carefully enough that it hadn't taken him much effort to get them looking neat. Heading in the direction of the Guards at the front gates he hoped what he had in mind was possible. With the Professor on the surface for who knows how long he didn't want to have to count on whatever provisions he had left behind to cater for his apprentice's, namely Gilanor, financial needs. Plus if anything happened to the Professor he might well and truely be out of luck if he left setting up arrangements to the last moment.

His stores of coins weighed down the pouch that he had inside his tunic, but he knew well that he would be little compared to the resources of a merchant house. He only hoped that he would be able to invest it successfully with them, and not just have it disappear like a morning fog seared by the sun.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Guards armored lightly and talking amongst themselves in an even lighter manner where the first thing the dark adhiel saw. A few people where ahead of Gilanor, and those people were faced with a few questions before all were allowed to pass.

Finally as it was Gilanor turn in line, one of the guards stepped forward to him and gave him a courteous nod, the braids in his white hair swaying slightly.

"Greetings, cousin. I don't believe your face is familiar to me, so I am going to have to ask you your business. First time, here?" The guards tone was light, he had no suspicions of the new visitor, he simply was doing his job.
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel

Post by Guest »

"Indeed it is, so I would certainly appreciate some guidance from you. I was looking to seeking to undertake some investments, and was wondering whom I should speak with here about such matters. Can you refer me to anyone who handles such matters within your House?" Gilanor stated, his tone politely formal in response to the guard's question. He was certainly impressed with the attitude of the guard and the way he behaved he had seen less professional behaviour from Guards at some Nobles houses. Then again he guessed that such guards didn't care what unexpected visitors thought of them, or if they might be driving a way a potential customer, or business opportunity for their house.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

The guard nodded, as if this was something that he dealt with everyday, "My skin would be had if I didn't let someone in that was looking to invest in the house."

He paused a second and thought, "But I can't say I know where exactly you should go, I'm very sorry. I'll let you pass, but--" As the guard stepped sideways to let Gilanor through he noticed an aged adhiel who had just finished a conversation with another. "that fellow there comes here all the time for that type of business, I'll flag him down and you can ask him."

The guard whistled and waved the adhiel over, "I've got someone here looking to invest some funds, Tailan. I was wondering if you could be a sport, and help him out."

Tailan nodded at the guard, and waved his hand to follow, "I'm going to guess this is your first investment venture? Tell, do you know what you want to invest in right now?"

Post by Guest »

Gilanor waited for more than a few flickers before replying wanting to be away from the Guard before sharing the ideas that he had about what he was considering investing in.

"I though to invest in those soughts of goods that will likely be needed by the endeavours of those sent above. Certainly they'll be in the need of supplies, weaponry and the like, and I can see no reason not to profit from helping to supply such to them. Either that or in ventures seeking to bring luxury surfaces good back here from the surface, with such turmoil on the surface such will likely be fetching a higher price. Unless you have a better idea that is, as you surmised this is indeed the first time I've sought to invest in any ventures."
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Tailan smiled widely at Gilanor, "Ahh, you do indeed have a good mind for this investing game. However, if I could I would like to inform you a little more into the situation you wish to delve into."

"You see," He said loading a pipe, his nostrils twitching a bit in anticipation of his smoke, "most of the needs for those servicing the surfacing ones have been gobbled up. Contracts already under the go, shipments already on their way. Now, you haven't exactly missed the portal on that oppurtunity, but the word is out and the money from investors is coming--because it's stable now. The rumors of a surfacing are no longer rumors, but steadfast facts. It's a realiable venture now, and while you make decent returns, they will be small, and slow to come. Of course, that is always still an option."

Tailan leaned in a little, "Now this little tidbit could make us both a little more heavy in the purse. There is something, that I would call...a concern right now, of the lack of soliders and city guard, and even with the lack of men, there is a lack of weaponary. So you see, cousin, the next big thing might be getting some weapons into Gulanadur. Especially after this Moonlight Sentinal group of folks that are said to be popping up. Have you heard of them?"

Tailan paused for a moment, and gave Gilanor a once over, "Don't take this the wrong way, friend, but it just doesn't seem that you are the type that would have 15 to 18 crowns to invest, am I right. Well, let's not worry about that now. First, tell me what venture interests you more, and then we can discuss a possible lack of funds."

Post by Guest »

"I haven't heard yet heard anything of this Moonlight Sentinal group of which you speak. As for the situation with the supplying of the surface forces I was fairly sure that I had missed the main opening for that venture." Gilanor said, as he considered the assessment that this individual had presented. The fact that he was familiar to the guard and not banned from here didn't exactly speak of his integrity. After all he could be a skilled merchant that profiteers from those foolish enough to open themselves up to his advantage without surety in return.

"The slowness of returns and the extended period is a large concern but I'm interested in other possibilities. Yet you are right in the fact that it is the lack of spare funds that will restrict my options. Though I have some spare coin 16 crowns is certainly out of my reach at this point in time." Gilanor stated, deciding he'd at least hear out whatever this fellow’s suggestion might be about. As long as it didn't smack of anything illegal, or at least openly so, he just might go along with it. If worst came to worse he'd just have to trust to the arrangements the Professor had made for his expenses, until he could raise coin via his own skills.

He wondered if assessing this fellow’s energies on the Aura might reveal more of what motivated him. Yet he certainly wasn’t sure how readily apparent any attempt on his part would be to someone observing him might be. Since he had no way of determining that he certainly couldn’t just open himself up to the Aether, it might well be taken the wrong way if he was able to notice it.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

It wouldn't take a master of studying energy or auras to assess that Tailan had a great excitement, especially for adventure. However, Gilanor did come across something, and that was the feeling of being weary. Perhaps, it was a mistrust of Gilanor, or just normal worry for taking on a new business venture.

"Please, let us walk and talk. Let us get a view of the Spire."

"The Moonlight Sentinel's...no, excuse me, they are called The Moonlady Sentinels is a new force being put together by the Temple of The Moonlady for it's own protection. I suspect because of the Acension has deprived them of the number of Dark Knights they used to have. I have heard the Queen has allowed these new Sentinels to form, but she nor the nobles won't be offically funding them. It's supposed to all be private. Now, some indivduals wish to simply help fund this new force, but because of their last names, it would be improper if they did. Defintely not illegal, just impromper."

"I've heard, through my good graces, that some of the Ach-Lunar family wants to help fund, but they can't personally do it, for the reasons I stated--it would look like their own personal army. But the noble family are good, strong believers in the Moonlady, and would like to see it protected."

Tailan finally stopped walking, he hadn't walked far simply because he was talking fast, but it was clear now that he was finally going to make his point.

"The big idea is this: a few members wish to give money to this cause, but can't directly, but if it was lent to others, those others could invest it (on their honour) in what will be the needs of the new Sentinals...cloth for uniforms, feathers for fletchings--make a good profit before word gets out, and pay back their debts."

Tailan scratched his head and wrinkled his forehead in thought, his dark eyes giving Gilanor a good once over, "The Ach-Lunar's would be more likely to borrow a larger sum of money to multiple people for a purpose, than just one. Does this venture interest you? Would you like to work together? If not, either way I can get you inside if you would like, and money can be borrowed at that point. However, if I help you get in, I would expect part of your profit."

Tailan was obviously a businessmen, he could put them both in a win-win situation, it was just obvious that Tailan would win a bigger slice, if Gilanor took his help.

It was all still speculation at this point however, Gilanor could still take his smaller amount of money and invest it back inside D'altamoorina.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Its been a busy week

- - - - - - - - - -

Gilanor thought about it for a few minutes, before he spoke.

"That does sound to be an interesting opportunity, though if money is lent what sort of terms are they doing the lending on. Free of interest at least I would hope. I'd hate to have interest eating up some or all of my share of the profits from helping them to outfit this group. Also what percentage of my profits do you require for this introduction?" Gilanor asked, deciding to be up front about his concerns, not that he was really that worried about it. The whole venture sounded like exactly the sort of politic games a noble house would play, though he knew himself little about all the things they got up to he had heard enough.

If worse came to worse he could always head for the surface and see if he could make it off the isle. The conflict on the surface would make it more difficult than normal for any bounty hunter to come after him looking for the repayment of the funds. He would just have to be carefully that the monies were used to purchase goods that actually existed, and were sold for more than they cost him.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Ah yes, one never likes to lose any profits if it can be avoided. So true, so true." Tailan nodded in sympathy. "The Ach-Lunars are quite reasonable people when their business coincides with their philosophy. The loans are without interest provided they are repaid in a timely fashion." Tailan spoke as though this would so easy as to not even merit concern.

"As for my reward for this service," Tailan smiled. "shall we say 70% for me and 30% for you? After all, I do bring a wealth of contacts and information to the partnership. Your main contribution is the respectablity that comes with your profession and the rare position of not having made any enemies. There are doors that will open with you as the public face and those that will open with me as the private face. What say you?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Archived without skilling due to player disappearance.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”