Warehouse District: The Scillus - 24 MT, Amica

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

OOC: Ami - I moved Jack to the thread with Maverick. You are welcome to continue here or follow Jack up to the top deck.
Amica
Civus

Post by Amica »

Run and Hide.

As a little girl, this was what she had been taught. You must run fast, Amica, and you must hide yourself. Look to the sands to hide you and protect you, for you will have only this when Beast comes, they would say, teaching her to bury herself in the sands even before she learned to cook or to treat wounds. Her people had lived next to Dragon Kind forever, and they had learned to survive through this tactic alone.

As with all customs, Amica could not break free easily. She knew great despair when she found Aeis the Dragon of Wind to be upon them, and unlike the undying custom of her people, this time she did not have the sands in which she might hide. This time, she could not run and she could not hide. There would be nothing left for her but to die. If it is death I am to face, she thought, picking herself up from the decks of Flying Machine, then I must choose how I will face death. If I am to fight, then I will fight. I will give Aeis to pay bitterly for her victory.

Gathering up Annuire, Amica regained her feet against one of the many bulkhead braces in the darkened underdecks of the Scillus. She had wasted enough time already, and she had her magics...magics that would be a weapon against her nemesis that stormed Flying Machine even now. She had no great tactics to combat Aeis, but she had a powerful magic ready to cast...one that would hide Flying Machine behind a wall of swirling sand...and she had her own hands that, in times past, had worked magic against this very opponent. I was not ready then. I am not ready now. But this time I will not fail.

Within her breast, she knew such fear she could hardly describe. It was the fear of death that loomed over her...but it was a fate with which she grew prepared. Staggering back towards her prepared rune, her eyes filled with tears with the sorrow of her own coming loss. It was a very poor, weak thing she did...mourning for her own loss over the guarrdi and over T'Kil...but she could not keep herself from her animal need to survive despite the odds she now faced.

"Kish'ka D'war-an," she murmured, gathering her power to her and channeling it into the carved runes at the bow of the ship to touch them to life. She need only awaken them and they would find life on their own...such was the way of the rune spells of the People...and when that was done, she would run upward to do battle where and how she could.

There were no good days to die, but the time had come when she could no longer run and hide.

Post by Guest »

The runes on the ship responded to Amica's touch with the warmth of a friend. Light and heat Those unlucky few that had witnessed their use might argue that the runes were alive. They glowed, pulsed and hummed with their own ethereal beat. Only the shaman were truly comfortable in their presence and with their use. Others, if they were smart, would run from their presence. But here, on the mighty Scillus, as Amica rightly knew, there would be no running.

She felt the familiar twist as the magic in the runes burst forth. It's effect would not be felt immediately. Such a summoning required time to weave such sands across the vastness of Terra Incognita. To the envy of the Djinn, this storms would pull from the very soul of the desert. Amica imagined she could hear the cries of astonishment of those who witnessed the sands rise into the storm of Amica's creation.

With one brilliant surge, the final runes in her design burst into being and the spell was complete. Her work was done. The storm would be magnificent. And it could not be stopped.

OOC: Thank you for your patience. If you'd like to join the melee above, please continue here
Morg

Post by Morg »

Skilled! :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “The Sands Archive”