A bit of a weird glitch...

For all your questions and concerns about the website, forums, charactersheet creator, etc...Please come here to report any bugs or glitches you discover!

A bit of a weird glitch...

Post by Guest »

Two things happened after I saved my character sheet.

The first was that my whole inventory disappeared, giving a mysql_fetch_array() error. I saw in another thread that this was because of deleting starting money. But I know I didn't do that...everything was fine when I moved away from the inventory page. That didn't appear until after I hit save.

The other, and more disconcerting glitch...is that all my skills are definitely not what they should be. I chose rather simple skills, but now it shows 28 different skills, including murder! And an apprentice at that!

Did something happen in the database?
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Huh. I have absolutely no idea how that happened! Or how to sort it out, I'm afraid... though I'll bet one of the other mods can be more help with that...

What is interesting though... and as soon as I heard you had Murder at apprentice I guessed this was the case... you've got my skills! An exact copy! *laughs* Right down to [Native Craft - Heavy Drinking]... now that's bizarre! O_o I have absolutely no clue how that happened...!

Meridiuz? Any thoughts? :)
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Ooh! I want Fins skilz too!
Morg

Post by Morg »

I don't know why it happened or how to fix it, but I will make one suggestion: Finley is directly before Finnegan in alphabetical order of Tazlure usernames... so some sort of rollback looks to have occurred. :?
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Noooo, you don't, trust me. They really aren't that useful! XD Although, as far as I'm aware I'm the most skilled at Murder in the game. Only one star away from Journeyman! muahah! If anyone knows of someone who can out-murder Finley Ward, I'd be happy to hear of it!

Think it's something to do with the two names sounding the same? It couldn't be that simple a glitch, could it? O_o

[edit] Morgan - yeah, that might make sense, except Finley's skills (and I assume, everyone elses) have remained unchanged. A little odd, yeah! But it only seems to have affected Finnegan's sheet... [/edit]
Last edited by Finley Ward on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Current skills are as follows (on Finley's and Finnegan's sheets) :

1 Bartering / Haggling ~ Apprentice+**
2 Begging ~ Basic
3 Blunt/Crashing Weapons ~ Basic+***
4 Business Perception ~ Basic+**
5 Cheating ~ Basic+*
6 Con Artist ~ Journeyman
7 Conversation ~ Apprentice+*
8 Culture [Dort] ~ Basic
9 Detect Truth/Deception ~ Basic
10 Gambling ~ Basic
11 Grappling ~ Basic+**
12 Intimidation Thuggery ~ Apprentice+*
13 Language [human] ~ Master
14 Magister Bibendi ~ Apprentice
15 Murder ~ Apprentice+****
16 Native Craft [Heavy Drinking] ~ Basic+*
17 Native Craft [Planning Heists] ~ Basic
18 Native Craft [Shoveling] ~ Apprentice
19 Negotiation ~ Basic+***
20 Persuade ~ Apprentice+**
21 Resolve ~ Basic
22 Running ~ Basic
23 Seduction / Woo ~ Basic+***
24 Sleight of Hand ~ Basic
25 Smaller Blades ~ Basic
26 Soundless Movement [Urban] ~ Basic
27 Streetwise ~ Basic+*
28 Taunting ~ Journeyman

Just quoting that for recording purposes. Slight paranoia about this one... basically, Finnegan, if you could list the skills you intended to have, I can try and edit your sheet manually from the mod update panel. :) Mainly listing my current skills here in case it decides to edit my sheet too, for some odd reason. You never know. ;)

Ta!

Post by Guest »

Skills I intended to have:

Blind Fighting
Grappling
Creating Lyrics
Storytelling
Bartering/Haggling
Cooking
Farming
Fishing
Hunting
Swords, One-handed

The Native Craft [Heavy Drinking] amused me to no end. Just the fact that you have it. And now that I know those were all Finley's skills, I'm afraid. Very afraid.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

I've restored your inventory and deleted the old skills. No idea how this could have happened.

I'll set up the new skills for you. You can buy the stuff you want for your pc by following the link on top of the page.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Done! :)
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

I have noticed this happens when a Mod opens his or hers sheet and then opens the Sheet Update page for a player. Not always, but it has happened to me several times. Log off before doing sheet updates works.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Yeaaaaah... but I didn't do that! XD

*huggles the Wolf* I know you didn't mean it like that... it's a good thing to know, regardless. ;)

Post by Guest »

And now...I can't add an avatar. It keeps telling me it as to be under 150x150....the icon I have is 100x100, and only 17kb...

The avatar in question: http://milkrock.net/paperwings/images/a ... n-icon.jpg
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Did you save the icon in Photoshop? For some reason the site doesn't like photoshop .jpgs... and certain other programs. Try saving it as a .bmp, and then convert it to .jpg in MS Paint. ;)

Post by Guest »

That's REALLY weird...but it's fixed now. And hopefully soon I'll have more than a sleep-deprived doodle to use. Inventory is refilled, too.

Thank you everyone! You were such an awesome help! Even if Finley is trying to rub me out! ;)
Morg

Post by Morg »

If that's only a sleep-deprived doodle, I'm looking forward to seeing your better stuff! :)

*shudders as he imagines an army of clone Finleys*
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “Technical Q&A”