Minding Miss Winthrope ~ Sam 28 GT

Moderator: Mods

Jolanda

Minding Miss Winthrope ~ Sam 28 GT

Post by Jolanda »

"Miss Winthrope!" Jolanda called out, irritated that she was made to run to catch up to her. "What's your hurry, they are to be ages by the looks of it, there looks to be no plan in place for the attack at all. Frankly, I think we are screwed."

Jolanda figured the best tack to take with Fauna was to be blunt and up front.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

With a small pause, the Dark Enchantress stopped and gracefully turned, her purple robe moving so delicately as she stood there, under the corridor of the Campus, waiting for the Jolanda to catch up with her.

"We are more than screwed, Lady...?" Fauna replied, trying to fish out the lady's name, her well-plucked eyebrows frowning quizically, trying to remember where she had seen the lady before her. She was calm now, as she stood there regally, yet there still lingered a look of profound indignation upon her flawless, cold face. "Please, call me Fauna. Miss Winthrope sounds too impersonal and we are going to be working together."

"Shall we go or are we suppose to wait for others." She asked, her blue eyes looking once more at the door of the room she had exited. "They are fools!" Fauna murmured acidly, more to herself than to Jolanda.

"Very well," The Dark Enchantress continued, focusing now upon Jolanda. "If we are going to wait at the Lighthouse, we might as well get comfortable. We'll visit the Campus Pantry and we'll get some tea." She continued cordially and serenely, as she started to move gracefully, leading Jolanda towards the Campus Pantry, although her face still showed impassiveness.

"I'm quite curious," Fauna said once more after a few flickers of stunted silence. "Have we met before?" She turned those blue eyes at the woman, eyes that were quite piercing yet questionsome.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Curiously, with her charade of pleasantries fallen away, and wearing this frank and cynical approach to talk to the blonde, Jolanda felt less nervous. "So it is Fauna, I'm Jolanda..." her lips twisted in wry at her absence of last name, she had not used her last name since she left her family. No one knew who she really was, she preferred it that way.

"No, lets leave them to have their little talk, I think we have things to discuss... matters to decide." And so Jolanda fell in step with Fauna, entering the cantine and looking about for a discrete place to sit. Tea. Jolanda had never taken a fancy to the espresso the westerners seemed to love, tea was far preferable.

Then Fauna asked that same question that tickled in the recess of Jolanda's mind. The dark haired girl looked at Fauna then in open speculation. For whatever reason, she thought of her goddess, Pecunia. But Jolanda had lost her goddesses favor due to her association with the westerners, while at the same time she had never embraced Dominicus into her heart. She was quite alone... the changer seemed more a god to her right now, and the Changer had to die. She supposed.

"You are familiar, yes." Perhaps they had simply been in the same shop at the same time, or passed on the street, "Do we know each other, no... but that is not important, what is that we come to know each other now."

"What are you doing here, what do you want, why are you interested in helping Ulder when he seems to mistrust you so? Myself... I do not like the man at all, he is an arrogant bastard who cannot stand another opinion than his own. And polite, too polite. I am here for glory.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

ooc: Hey Tris, I'm going to assume some items in the Cantine, please say otherwise if it's not applicable.

While Jolanda seated herself, Fauna was busy rummaging through the drawers and cabinets and cupboards of the University Cantine, looking for a large basket, some bread, fruits, saucers, cup, a bag of tea, kettle and placing some of them carefully upon the basket and when her chore was done, the Dark Enchantress will start boiling the tea.

She tittered out loud, her laughter like silvery bells bouncing off the walls as she looked at Jolanda with her eyes, twinkling with merriment. "You ask a lot of question, Jolanda and you intrigue me, not in a bad way though." The Dark Enchantress replied, moving quite sinuously with regal grace and sat opposite the dark-haired woman, her blue eyes scrutinizing her. "Yes, this familiar feeling is unimportant..." She purred felinely, her blue eyes never leaving the Jolanda.

"Ulder's not that bad." The Dark Enchantress replied after thinking about it. "He's just emotionally incapacitated because of his towering honor and pure righteousness. I do not have anything against him, just the way he thinks. I think differently and he thinks differently and sometimes it will clash. Me? I do not have any honour to think of, I choose whom to help, depending on ,y self interest and right now, my interest lies with killing the Deamon adn removing the dark power from the Royal Poet." As a woman, Jolanda could detect the hint of pure jealousy comin from Fauna's voice.

"I do not care what he thinks about me," The Amunic woman continued, standing up gracefully and taking the boiling tea and poured for both her and Jolanda's. "Or what the other thinks about me, for that matter." She continued after a small pause and a small smile at Jolanda. "The important thing is that I come out alive and at the top in the end."

"Glory?" Fauna laughed again so pretilly, sitting down once more and offering the other tea to Jolanda and slowly sipping her own. "That is a small matter, M'lady Jolanda. What can glory offer you? Fame? Riches? There is somethign far grander than glory."

"Ultimate power." She replied calmly, as if talking about the weather. "I think we have what we need here, Jolanda. We can go to the Lighthouse now." Fauna said, taking another sip of her tea and carefully putting the tea kettle inside the basket and lifting it gracefully.

"Shall we go?" She asked Jolanda.

"You know, you remind me of..." She stopped, her eyes growing distant.

"A rose, full of thorns... but... I know it's not you."
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Perhaps Jolanda had enjoyed the luxuries at Terra west too long, for she was surprised at the woman (who from appearances was little less than a goddess in her own right) began to forage the kitchen like a glamorous primate hunting for nuts and berries.
Ought I help?

"Questions." Jolanda shrugged the comment aside, Fauna was not the first person to have noticed that. One pair met another pair of blue eyes, Measuring, Jolanda supposed Fauna was doing that same to her.

"Yes, I noticed that myself, perhaps that is why I did not like him - he has such an exterior that nothing seems to pass through. You might think I asked you a lot of questions, well I asked him far more, and not a one did he answer, and not a one did he make a reaction to." she paused and took a breath, releasing the irritation that built within her when ever she thought of that man, that man who had spoken disparagingly of Sir Hagen, Frederick. "But really, that is neither here nor there, for as you say we are to be rid of the demon."

Yes Jolanda heard the jealousy, and being a jealous creature herself, she knew the bitterness of heart that came with such an emotion. She knew how crippling it was, too, how it could drive one to dire actions.

"You should not have threatened Ulder, back there." Jolanda said plainly, "you are not going to be happy watching from some tower somewhere are you, you want to see, you need to be right there."

As Fauna declared that she did not care what Ulder or the others thought of her, Jolanda knew it was a lie. No one says that sort of thing unless they are hiding hurt. For a moment Jolanda's heart went out to the blonde... but she did not offer sympathy, or coddle with reassurance, instead, she said nothing on that at all.

"Thank you." taking up the cup of tea her lips pursed to blow across its surface, delicate tendrils of softly scented steam whispering away into the air.

"Glory can offer me power." Jolanda looked at Fauna from over her teacup, her voice steady and sure, "I want adoration and acclaim, what better power can there be than that? Once in the publics eye, then with a little creativity I am certain I can have anything else that I want..."

As Fauna then spoke of ultimate power, Jolanda had a sense of dejavu, her eyes narrowed, had fauna too made a pact? "No, I'm not yet done with my tea." she did not arise as Fauna suggested they now leave and meet up with the others. "Ultimate Power from the Prince, you know that there are others in that queue too, don't you?"

"A rose?" Fauna must have seen her with Rosalie, Rosalie who had given her pretty western styled dresses. She too recalled Antonio, sweet and trusting Antonio, was he mending well? And the rotund Corporal Antoine, who had frightened her so badly and then seemed to become almost a friend. She blinked and shook away the soft feelings of people becoming memories, "No, I don't know what that might mean."
Last edited by Jolanda on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

There was hint of surprise and it was plainly obvious as Fauna looked at the dark-haired girl, and as sudden as it appeared, it was immediately replaced by a small smile of pleasure. Yes, she was liking this gutsy dark-haired woman. There was something about her that was very familiar, akin to a long lost bestfriend found, and Fauna, a very lonesome person, was quite thrilled at the emotion she was feeling.

"Should have... Could have..." She muttered more to herself, sitting comfortably and sipping her tea. "Yes." The Dark Enchantress admitted, looking down at her tea and the tendrils of smoke rising from it. With a small flicker of her fingers, the Amunic Woman indifferently wove a miniature simulacrum of a lighthouse from thise tendrils of smoke. "I'm not gonna be happy about it. I'm a woman who acts and I need to be right there." She replied, her anger gnawing at her and it took all of her effort to swallow it back down again.

"The Deamon must be killed." Fauna continued, her eyes discracted. "It is a threat, that is quite true, and if they fail, it will be more powerful than ever before and it will take more than our little group to stop it." She lifted her flawless face and looked at Jolanda, as an equal, her blue eyes showing profound fear. "Frankly Jolanda, if Ulder fails, I'm not quite sure how to stop it. I need to be there to stop it, but if this is his plan, so be it. I will do my best, and I will watch, and I will see what will happen. Everything will depend upon him now."

It was a good thing that Jolanda came, if she didn't, Fauna would have started her plan by herself, a plan of sending her shadows to the Major Daemon and telling it of its impending doom in the form of Ulder. Perhaps, this seeming friendship had changed the Dark Enchantress, but only time could tell, and all would depend on Ulder.

"Oh no, my Jolanda!" Fauna's flawless pulled back to let out a small laugh. "There is only one thing that the Prince of the Nether can give you... Slavery and torture and I for one will not be a slave of the Nether." Her eyes glimmered as the blonde woman leaned forward, her voice whispery and sibilant. "At first, you will be the Master, but gradually, it will change, you will become the slave and the Nether Prince will be your master."

"Those waiting in queue?" She harrumphed indignantly, "They are of no matter, they will just be an irritation to the Prince, a toy... I am still looking for a way to be an equal to the Prince of Nether. But first, I must gain Power, not mundane, but Netherical and Aetherical."

"But why are you asking me these, Jolanda?" Her blue eyes scrutinized the dark-haired woman before her, lifting her tea and slowly sipping from it. The Dark Enchantress realized that she was very comfortable with this woman and she was beginning to see her as an equal, albeit, she wasn't sure if this woman would be dangerous or not. No matter, she could deal with this dark-haired woman if she turns out to be a handfull.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda thought she saw a lighthouse form in the steam from Fauna's cup... but her vision never was the best, and once she had blinked it was again gone. Her eyes then lifted to Fauna's, both questioning and amused -- yes she felt it too, she felt an unexpected pleasure in talking to Fauna.

"Yes well..." she pulled a face focussing back upon the nasty task, "I've no interest in being maimed or killed, you didn't see me volunteering or sharpening any damn sword." she laughed at the thought. "I still haven't figured how they think swords can do anything to gelatinous ooze any way. It can burn, have you seen what burns it can make? Have you smelt, flesh, burned right to the bone?" That was a memory that would never leave Jolanda; that, and the sick fascination mixed with terror she had felt.

"Tell me Fauna, is there anything I missed, is there more to his plan than meeting the thing head on? And what does he think anyone can do from a tower off on a wall somewhere else. Now I don't know any thing of this fancy," she wriggled her fingers, "stuff, you guys do. Truth is, I know how to make candles, and to spin a line when I need to, the only reason I'm here at all is cause I can't keep my nose in my own business. But I'm worried, I really can't see how a sword, even if it has got a fancy name, is going to stop something like that."

She paused, and frowned - her rant bringing her to a sudden deduction.

"Ulder is just doing what he knows. Fauna, you've got a huge job ahead of you. It does not all depend on Ulder at all. There is something else, that is why they failed when they tried slay it before." Jolanda's eyes flared as she spoke passionately.

Netherical, Aetherical... she imagined Eisolf would know what Fauna was talking about. Eisolf, what danger are you in darling, you silly boy!
Jolanda feared and wondered if it was too late for him...

Then of a sudden Fauna became suspicious, and levelled a question of that same at the brunette. Jolanda broke into a grin, at that moment identifying with the blonde, "If you'd not asked me that, Id have become worried you know. No one does anything for nothing do they Fauna? And you are right, I've got a self interest here. There is someone, someone who's messing with that sort of stuff, and I'm worried about him. Only I don't know enough about it to know if..." she shrugged. Then on an impulse she reached out and touched Fauna's hand, "Lets dare trust each other, for now at least." Her hand squeezed Fauna's with the warmth of a smile.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

For that brief moment, Fauna remembered a very vague memory of herself burning, smelling her own flesh burnt by a faceless wizard inside a white tower. She shivered, mentally shaking herself out, the memory slipping away like an eel. She focused her eyes back to Jolanda, but the dark-haired woman could see that instant terror inside the Amunic’s blue eyes, trying to blink it away.

“We can watch what will happen from the Watchtower, Jolanda. We will need to know what will happen, forewarned is forearmed.” The Dark Enchantress replied. “I assume there will be some scrying devices inside the tower, if there aren’t, I can go ahead and wiggle my fingers.” She leaned back, looking fully at the brunette, her brows frowning. “My decision will depend upon Ulder. If he succeeds, then well and good, but if he does not…” Fauna trailed off, fearing to speak out the words. “It may be the very end of Tazlure as we know it.”

“I do not know this Sword, this Tal-Alkeen he was so proud of, but I have seen it once, personally, wielded by the Major Domus.” She stopped, her eyes widening. “I believe our former captain has talked and perhaps, negotiated with the Lord Azarin. Knowing the Lord Domus, he wouldn’t lend that sword to anyone, not even Ulder. He must have given the Lord Azarin a great deal of payment.” Fauna laughed out loud. “I can’t say about Ulder’s plan.” Fauna continued, after a few flickers of silence. “The sword is reputed to be very powerful, wielded by the departed Ceasar himself. I agree with you there, Jolanda, our task will be greater if Ulder fails, pray that he does succeed, for if this Nether Prince will not be killed…” I’m not gonna be able to kill it and I’m afraid I’d have to change side and it would be more powerful than ever before. She looked at Jolanda straight in the eyes, the unspoken words seemingly apparent and clear with those blue orbs.

She smiled and squeezed Jolanda’s hands, her blue eyes softening. How come she was beginning to like this girl? As if she was seeing a part of herself in her, full of life, full of vivacity and a part of her was jealous of this brunette, yet a part of her wanted to protect this woman. “Very well, a tentative trust, Jolanda. In these dark times, one should help each other. Now, is this someone dealing with the Nether? I need more information here, Jolanda. What is wrong with your friend? Is he possessed? Do you know something about the Changer? If you are not knowledgeable, then I must teach you.” She replied simply.

It was then that it struck her, the implications of what the dark-haired woman had said earlier. “Great Paradox!” The Dark Enchantress exclaimed, suddenly standing up, upsetting her cup of tea as she started swearing unladylike, colorful invectives came running out of her full mouth. “You are right, Jolanda. There is something we have missed but I don’t know what it is.” Her eyes were wild now. “We need that gangly girl, that chambermaid. She’s a Mage Hunter and I think I recognize her card as the Scholar. We need information and she will be the one providing that information.” Oh, Ulder! How so naïve of you, going into the very den of the Nether with just a glowing sword and no information.

“Come, Jolanda, we must go to the Watchtower immediately, that unfashionable chambermaid needs to research on this and she has the full access to the Library of the Aether and perhaps, with my guidance, the Library of the Nether as well.”
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

((OOC: Apologies for the rather late entry?))

The unfashionable chambermaid in question had followed the two women to the cafeteria. Now, she was leaning against the wall of the cafeteria - not quite close enough to look like she was eavesdropping, but close enough to do it all the same - watching the Duchess and Jolanda.

'I'm going to end up throttling someone,' she realised, not entirely unamused. 'At least it'll stop me worrying...' She would give them enough time to get comfy, then see how long it would take to herd them up to the tower -

Oh.

"Am I indeed? What sort of information would this be?" Becca observed archly, raising an eyebrow and stepping forwards. There was nothing about her that would suggest the sudden lurch her heart had done at Fauna's words. 'Stop fretting. They know all there is no know about this thing.' The fact that 'all there is to know' translates to 'absolutely bugger all' wasn't exactly reassuring. "And what the hell do you know about my library?"
Last edited by Becca Acerbi on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

"Oh," The Dark Enchantress smoothly turned, facing Becca with an arched eyebrows. "It's you. You're here." She simply replied indifferently, cursing inside her for the bad timing of the chambermaid's appearance. A few more flickers alobe with Jolanda, Fauna would have learned something from the brunette, something about her friend that she was reluctant to discuss. There will be more time, The Amunite thought, casting a sidelong glance at Jolanda then back again to Becca. At the tower.

Now, it is time to focus. If before, Jolanda saw Fauna's demeanor as subdued and calm, now stood the different woman, on guard with her icy blue eyes and cold look focussed upon Becca.

"That's for you to tell me, Becca dear." There was a phoniness in her sweet voice, giving the woman a small, sickly sweet smile. "I know nothing about your limite---" She paused for a few flickers and then decided on a diplomatic approach. "I know nothing of your capabilites, Miss Acerbi. All I know is, you hold in your hand the capabilities to tap information in the form of your Mage-Hunter's card. And you're the only one here who can tap into it and perhaps, the only one who can give more help to Ulder, Elvin and Corbin..." The Dark Enchantress trailed off, letting her words sink upon the young illusionist.

"You do want them to live, right Becca?" Fauna asked, her eyes looking straight at the young girl. "Perhaps, we should go now to the Watchtower..." She continued calmly, taking the basket and the kettle and in that getup, it appeared as if the Exotic Dancer was merely going out for a picnic.

"Shall we?" Fauna asked, moving gracefully forward, passing Becca and pausing at the door.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Jolanda had to suppress her irritation as Becca turned up at that moment - there was something about Becca that Jolanda did not like. She was an upstart, the sort that needed a good spanking... but instead it seemed that they were going to have to rely on her. That is, if Fauna's vague words were true... they were both snatching at the air.

"Yes." Jolanda stood and met Fauna's eyes and begun to walk on out after her. "Oh..." she then put her hand to her pocket in remembering something, and turned to smile upon Becca. "You both go on ahead, I'll catch up in a minute." She needed to see this woman of the archives, perhaps she could ask her what the Star of Deliverance actually did. Jolanda supposed they were going to need every advantage they might possibly have in thwarting the Changer.

OOC:Sorry it is brief!
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread archived with no skills awarded.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”