The Apprentice's Trial [Fauna] Sam 28th ET (Open)

Moderator: Mods

Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

The Apprentice's Trial [Fauna] Sam 28th ET (Open)

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Meditation Chamber
University of Magick
28th of Samheen, Evetide, First Mark

Fauna Winthrope arrived early at the University of Magick, all majestic in her newly acquired Mage's robe designed by Audrey herself. She felt powerful with that dress, and if looks could kill, she could have murdered all people gazing at her. She was that confident.

The Dark Soceress dropped by first at the receptionist, giving the old man a message that she would be ready by the second mark of the tide and that she would proceed post-hastily to the Meditation Chamber to do her Shia-Rette, a combination of Hatha-Yoga and meditation.

She needed to prepare. She needed her soul, mind and body all in tuned together, working hand in hand with the Aether and Tether, and in order to do that, she had to meditate and be at one with the flow of magick and energies. Of course, Fauna needed to prepare her protections and wardings. She had decided, with Professor Baldeserrato's warning, that she would do the test the normal way. All Aether and all spellcasting approved by the University Council.

Fauna had her list prepared, all the primal compounds she would be needing to weave her spells at the trial and all she needed was to talk to Professor Peckerton to have it acquired. But her main protection would be coming from her brass mirror, she would put layers upon layers of Aetheric enchantments upon that mirror and temporary ground it upon that item.

Carefully, as if handling a very prized possession, the Dark Sorceress sat upon the very center of the room in a petal position and placed the hand held, brass mirror upon the floor before her and heaving a great sigh, she opened herself to the Aether, her body as the conduit, and most carefully shaped her magicks upon the item.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

First, Fauna Winthrope had to be on the zone of pure mental calmness. Deeply inhaling, she breathed the very essence of the air and and let her blond mind blank while gracefully lifting both hands before her, the fingers exquisitely flickering in a dance of magickal precision.

Meditation was a very hard task, one had to completely discard all thoughts and ideas from one's mind, but undoubtedly, that was actually an easy task for our little mageling, perhaps, there wasn't any enough ideas lurking within that blond mind of hers.

The Dark Enchantress felt herself sinking and floating at the same time, as if drugged, and slowly, those great fringe of eyelashes opened to reveal her distant, cerluean eyes: It was time to begin the Shia'Rette or The River, a combination of Calisthenics, Hatha-Yoga and Meditation and if someone was looking at Fauna at that moment, they would see a very strange thing, the young girl doing a meditation almost like a graceful dance and yoga combined with various positions.

The Old River:

Like a nubile nymph rising from her bath, the Amunic Woman stood, her blue eyes distant, seeing both all and nothing, and with a deep breath, causing her bosom to heave magnanimously, she tried to inspect the flow and ebb of the Aether. In a deep meditative state -- positioning her body in a Swan Like position, one of the few key positions she had learned in one of those Self-Helf Books for the Learned Yoga to Develop Younger Body Out-look and Fair Complexion -- Fauna delved into the Aetheric World and scrutinized those minute, atomic flows of the Aetheric Energies, those primal stuffs in which magick were made of.

The Middle River:

Next, fluidly and gracefully like a ballerina, she moved into a Blossomed Peach Position, observing the flow of the Aether in corelation with her inner energies, observing the fluctuations and flows of those two primary tapping energies and how those two will work together.

The Young River:

Third and last, with a soft, meditative hymn, she gracefully moved into The last Position, The Hopping Frog. It will help her see the interconnection of the Aetheric Weave to the three aspect functions of a Sorceress: The Tapping and Flow into the Weave, How is it Connected to the Single-Self Mage, and How it is Connected to the Other Physically Abled Being or Mundane Things -- How those three aspects flow around each other like a river.

And now that our Dark Enchantress was ready, now that she was the pure conduit of the Aetheric Weave, it was time to begin her casting. Her Brass Mirror would be her primary shield, it is into her mirror that she will cast and ground her ward and shield so she could freely focus upon casting the offensive of her spells. Her main protection was her Mirror Shield, but Fauna knew that it would be very weak if she would be personally holding it and she needed to augment it to its full potentiality and she did that while hurling spells, the Amunic girl would totally loose her focus on her shield and that was a thing she wouldn't want to happen.

Mirror.

It was its essence that she will tap. Carefully drawing her gathered aetheric energies around her, she fashioned and polished each minute, atomic particles into a mirror like sheen and prudently grounding it upon her mirror. It would only be temporary, each spells hurled at her would rebound to the original caster like a sun beam albeit each spells would diminish the stored aetheric energies inside the brass mirror until it would crack and explode.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Embedding of self sustaining Aetheric weaves into a Tetheric focus, commonly known as enchanting, was usually a painstaking process requiring weeks of research and days of preparation before one would even attempt it. Fauna had a mere mark.

Of course, Fauna had some advantages on her side. Tapping into the base nature of the object with her waeves opened it up to the magicks and temporary enchanments were always much swifter. After all, the weaves themselves were often elementary. It was linking them to enough power to achieve permanence that took the most time.

Still, one could only do so much in a mark. Fauna crafted her mirror weaves flawlessly and spent the time she had remaining channeling as much power into the mirror as she could. It would fade over time but would last until the test was over. It was weaker than she would have hoped, but it was certain protection from at least the first spell that came her way.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

This will have to do. Fauna mused as she clinically looked at her enchanted mirror, inspecting for cracks in the Aetheric Energies that were grounded temporarilly upon the item, polishing here and there until she found her weaving acceptable enough to hold for the test. It wasn't what she expected, she dearly hoped that this tactic would save her and give her enough leeway to pass the exam. But then, she wasn't timorous enough to be afraid, she still have some tricks up her sleeves.

And now that she had meditated and crafted her simple protection, Fauna deemed it was time to look for the primal compounds necessary for her spells. She still did not know what will happen on the exam but the Dark Enchantress was prudent enough to prepare for the unexpected.

Carefully, the Amunic girl took her Brass Mirror and cautiously secured it upon her belt and like a woman with a purpose, she proceed out of the Meditation Chamber to look for the stuttering Professor, unfolding a small paper that contained the list of compounds for her spells.

If one should care to inspect it, it seemed to look like a grocery list, but any mage would see the difference from it. It listed:

Fauna Winthrope wrote:Fauna Winthrope's Spell Compounds:

- A small pouch of pepper
- An onion
- A vial of acid
- Strands of spiderweb
- A small pouch of sand
- A vial of water
- A small magnet
- A small crystal
- A feather
- A vial of oil
- Flint & steel
- A rotten egg
- A small stone
- A small lump of mud
- A single strand of silken thread

Gracefully, she stepped out of the room and into the corridor, neatly folding back the piece of paper, and confidently started hunting for any professor who might be able to help her.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Peckerton awaited Fauna outside of her meditation chamber. He was dressed officially in the robes of his office: white with colored sashes that depicted the various rank he had or currently held within the University. In one hand he held a ceremonial mace made of brass.

"Student Fauna." He intoned formally. "Are you pr-prepared to assay the trials?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Fauna was a vain and ceremonial person and if Peckerton had not greeted her that way, she would have ignored the stuttering professor. It was a special occassion and the Dark Enchantress deemed it was necessary that they should be speaking in a formal manner and much approved and awed of the way Peckerton was dressed by his majestic splendor, she instinctively and elegantly curtsied before him.

"Learned Professor," Fauna Winthrope declaired, her voice throbbing with passion and regally formal. "Much have I waited for this day and neither rain nor shine, nether or divine shall stop me from this destiny. I have learned much from this University, Professor, and it is now time to see if I have truly learned what my professors had taught me."

With a small smile, dressed in her Dark Purple Mage Robe, her artfully dishevelled blond hair gleaming, she stepped forward and placed a gentle hand upon the stuttering professor. "Believe you me, Learned Professor, I am more than ready. When and where are we to begin?" She gave him a confident smile and curiously looked at the Brass Mace he was holding, her eyebrows arched qustioningly.

"Oh, and Professor," The Dark Enchantress declaired again, showing her list of spell compounds. "I shall be needing these materials for my spells."
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Peckerton took the list with a quizzical expression and scanned it briefly then nodded. "The use of sp-spell foci is unorthodox but not prohibited." He judged. With a wave of his hand the list floated off on the breeze. "You will f-find the components waiting w-within the Gauntlet."

Peckerton gestured for Fauna to follow him as he led her through the halls of the University. They stopped before an ornate set of stone doors carved with runes and bearing a engraved cross-like shape in the center. Fauna had passed them often during her tenure at the University. Upon reflection, she noted that she never saw them open nor anyone using them.

"Beyond these doors l-llies the Gauntlet." Peckerton informed her. "Your task is s-simple. Reach the exit on the far s-side and leave. Between you and it are seven ch-challenges. They will t-test your mind, your body and your spirit." Peckerton stepped forward and placed the tip of the mace into the cross shaped depression then turned it like a key. The stone doors ground open revealing a small bare room with a silk pouch in the center of the floor. A dark archway beckoned Fauna deeper into the Gauntlet.

"F-fortune favor you, Fauna." Peckerton somehow managed to make the ritual phrase sound sincere.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

This was the moment that she had waited for, beyond the door was Fauna’s key to her goal. Nothing could stop her now; the tides that wait for no man could not stop her or nature at her worst. She would, in all her wondrous glory and majesty, prevail in the end.

Yet fear and apprehension gnawed upon her. Was she ready? Was she prepared for the trials and challenges the University had in stored for her? Trembling slightly, her flawless face clenched tightly, the Dark Enchantress turned to face Peckerton, looking at him without seeing him, she could feel herself moving so slowly, as if turning was an action that required all her full strength. And if she could describe what she was feeling right then and there, she wouldn’t be able to. Everything was mixed, muddled together. Fear, apprehension, tension, excitement and the feeling of soaring all jumbled together that Fauna could neither analyze it nor care in analyzing it. Pale-faced and cerulean eyes gleaming with dread mixed with triumph, she could merely nod at the stuttering professor, his last sentence falling on deaf ears as she felt her stomach flittering as if a million butterflies were fluttering, a riot inside her heart and belly.

She opened her small lips, as if about to reply, but no sound came and with a deep heave of her bosom, she turned to face the room. With no glancing back, Fauna found herself moving forward, everything in slow motion, the hem of her Purple Mage Robe gracefully swishing.

You can do this. She thought to herself, closing her eyes and breathing deeply, forcing herself not to puke in front of the stuttering professor, her reputation was at risk here if she disgraced herself in front of Peckerton. It’s fairly easy… Easy as a pie… Like a walk in the— Fauna had to literally stop from walking as everything around her lurched and swirled. And if the stuttering professor was watching her, he could see a hint of grayness tinge with green hue washing over the Amunic’s flawless face.

Oh dear… The Dark Enchantress could feel the bile rising from her stomach up her throat and try as she might, Fauna tried to swallow everything down but it just would not go down. It was like her bile was an entity of its own, rising up… up… until she could feel her bosom heaving magnanimously with the effort of bringing them down. She was gagging now, pushing with all her effort to bring the odious bile down and half turning, she looked at Professor Peckerton, tears streaming down her eyes and like a dam opening, Fauna Winthrope, the most popular girl in the University, all glamorous and majestic and all, felt the bile rising to her throat. Oh no!

It took all her mustered will to keep it as she fled back to Professor Peckerton and without any grace at all, throwing everything aside, she tried to retch then and there at the Peckerton's front robe, clutching at his vestment like a babe to a father, retching loudly at his majestic robe. Spasms washed over her body as she puked loudly for almost a full flicker and after a few more of silent retching, her body starting to calm down from the seizure, suddenly realizing where she was and where she was vomiting.

Slowly, Fauna straightened herself, and like a weak babe, she smiled sheepishly at Peckerton, trying to revive her composure and poise. “I feel better already, Professor. Thank you.” She declared in her soft voice, slowly trying to re-arrange the Professor’s robe and with another sheepish smile, she turned once more and confidently went through the door into the center of the room as if she owned half the Campus.

“I’ll see you at the other side in a few flickers, Professor Peckerton.” Her confident voice came ghosting back at him as he saw her gracefully take the silken pouch and opened it; clinically inspecting what was inside.

Now that she was inside, the Dark Enchantress’ mind started to clear away the fogginess she was feeling a few flickers before and cocksure, Fauna faced the archway, securely drawing and tightening the strings of the silken pouch upon her belt.

“I am Fauna Winthrope of Amun Rah, Apprentice Sorceress to this institution, here to assay the rite of passage, let no man, woman or creature defy me. I am more than fit to assume my place beyond Apprenticeship.” The Dark Enchantress declared ceremoniously in her strong voice as she faced the darkness beyond the archway.

“I am ready to begin.”

With that, Fauna stepped forward through the archway into the darkness, her dark, purple robe swishing as she pulled a very minute part of the Aether to conjure a small globe of purplish mage light before her upturned hand.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Peckerton reacted swiftly as Fauna lunged towards him in the throes of illness. A minor ward of force protected his clothing and person from the barrage of fluids that Fauna treated him too. A similar ward held Fauna upright until the spasms passed and she was once again under control.

"Qu-quite alright, Student Winthrope." Peckerton drew upon threads of water and washed the mess into a nearby drain in the floor. "You are hardly the f-first." Peckerton then watched her enter the Gauntlet. Once within, he gestured again with the mace and the doors slid shut behind her.

The pouch contained exactly what she had asked for. The items not organic in nature were alchemically pure while the rest was as nature decreed them to be. The magelight proved to be unnecessary as the first challenge crackled into life before her. A blazing curtain of purple flames, the exact hue of her robes in fact, now hung before her barring her further passage.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Fauna Winthrope tittered a loud laughter as she saw the wall of purple flame blocking her, her silvery guffaws echoing around the room like peals of little bells.

This was almost comical, she thought that she was to battle a fearsome, mythical beast until death but this was easy, almost too easy. But then again, this was the first challenge, and perhaps, they were just warming up.

Her forte were colors and illusions and the Dark Enchantress serenely dispeled her mage light, clenching her hand tighter around the small globe light and dispersing the Aether that she had gathered back to where she had tapped it.

Her first reaction was to just confidently strode through the blazing inferno but she held herself just at the moment when she was about to step forward. A pruple flame was such a ridiculous notion that she ignored the fact that it could be real, but then, she realized that she was an illusionist, and changing the color particles of a flame was just an easy feat for her.

Very well, Fauna thought, scrutinizing the curtain of flame before, both in Eather and in Tether. We'll see if you're real enoug. She knew that spells could also trick her senses and she had to be very careful.

But that is teh case, either or, if the flame was real or not, it would consume her entirely. If it was an illusion, it would just be a merely simple task of just walking through it, but if not, she would have to protect herself.

"Protection then," The Dark Enchantress decided, mentally shuffling inside her mind for an appropriate spell to cast. But the tricky part was, where to place it? Upon herself or upon the wall? She decided against the later. If the wall was crafted by a higher sorcerer, Fauna will not have enough willpower to counter such magick, the enchantment she would have to craft would have to be placed upon herself.

Now that that was decided, the Amunic Apprentice stood proud and with familiar ease, she plunged into the Aetheric world, her surrounding changing instantaneously into helixes of small particles which the Aether was made of.

Clinically, the young apprentice sifted through the atomic particles until she had gathered enough of those small energies, energies of air and wind and layered it upon herslf, almost like a cocoon. Now, the next step was the tricky part, with a magnificent heave of her bosom, she took a deep breath and held it, quite not sure how ling it would last and instantenously expelled the air and wind energies of her protection globe until she was cocooned in a vacuumed space, devoid of any air or oxygen and then, with enough poise, still holding her breath, she took the initial step forward into the blazing, purple fire, cringing mentally and hoping that her spell will work
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The flame was real enough and it burned white-hot to her Aetheric senses. A minor weave of light was laced through to it to provide the coloration. Had Peckerton or Arden ever taught they would have been proud that she took to their lessons so well. Air versus fire was usually an advanced lesson to break a student of the typical thoughts that water must fight fire or earth always used for protection. They would have chided her for not providing a bubble of air within the vaccum for her to breathe though.

Fauna passed through the wall of fire harmlessly and emerged on the other side completely untouched. She barely had time to grab a lungful of air before the second challenge was upon her. A barrage of crystalline spheres of Earth hurtled out of the darkness at Fauna.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She couldn't believe her spell actually worked. It was merely a theory, fire needed air and oxygen to continously burn and what Fauna did was cocooned herself in a vacuumed space with no oxygen nor air. It was theory she could expound on when she had the time.

It took her by surprise though, she thought that she would have enough time to prepare herself for the next trial and she didn't realize that it was at hand immediately when she emerged from the curtain of purple flame, dispersing her globe of no-air and heaving a lungful of oxygen.

There was no time to think and the Dark Enchantress instinctively reached inside the silken pouch to take a handful of her sand compounds for her counter spell.

Fight fire with fire. Fauna had heard of that, and in this case, the Dark Enchantress decided that it was quite appropriate. But never had she imagined that the gauntlet was going to be pure elementals. Professor Baldesarrato was correct, the University would be testing her through elementals and Fauna was afeared that this would be beyond her.

Fire. Earth. Wind. Water.

Those where the four primal elements of Tazlure and Fauna reckoned that she would be tested by and through those elements. Quickly readying herself, the Amunic girl flung the sands upon the incoming crystal speheres, plunging into the Aetheric vision once more, seeking the small particles of the sands upon the air and tapping its energies.

Earth with earth. She would transmute those crystal spheres into sands. They were earth bound anyway and the Dark Enchantress shall use the very essense and properties of the particles of the sands, using it as her main focus, copying and forcing those combined helixes particles and tampering the main compounds of the Crystal Spheres.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Fauna sent out her scatterinf of sand and her magic set up a swift lattice of energies betweenthe particles. The result was a glittering net designed to intercept and fragment the incoming spheres. Not having the luxury of time to examine them before acting, Fauna did not realize her error until it was too late.

The spheres were already charged with Earth magics and they were designed to fragment. The magics collided in a cacaphony of shattering glass and stinging sands. Fauan barely had time to throw her hand up to protect her face before the result struck her. Her dress tokk the worst of the assault though she too had some scratches on her person.

Thus did the second obstacle turn into the third. The way forward was now covered in razor sharp fragments of crystal.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

The stinging pain sliced her and she screamed out loud in hurt, frustration and deep anger.

"DAMNATION!" Fauna's shrill voice bounced off from the wall of the corridor as she indifferently ignored the stinging pain and looked down at her glorious Audrey dress. "THIS IS AN AUDREY!" Irritation grew to profound anger as she saw the tear and tatter of her mage, purple robe. "HOW DARE YOU!"

Without thinking, Fauna's anger and hatred simmered inside her, licking her completely and she was succumbed to that netheric emotion. "I CAN RAZE THE VERY FOUNDATON OF THIS UNIVERSITY!" The dark enchantress irritatedly screamed out loud to the darkness, her blue eyes suddenly swirling with black inky taint. With that, the Amunic girl lifted her right hand and fueled and channeled her anger into a purple fire, crackling and seething with netheric energy, wanting to obliterate the glass and shards that hindered her path.

"I AM THE SHADOW QUEEN AND ALL SHALL COWER AND DESPAIR BEFORE M--"

What are you doing? A voice intruded deep within her anger, a soft voice, bubbly yet calm, a voice that reminded her of her old self, confident yet sunny at the same time. You do know that if you do this, you will fail this gauntlet? Do you not remember what Professor Baldeserrato advised you? The voice said matter of factly, priggish like the sun smugly shining down at a wilted flower.

"I have no need of your advise or his advise!" Fauna Winthrope heatedly raged out. "I am power itself!"

"Don't be stupid, Flora!" The sunny voice replied mildly, the voice speaking out loud now from the same red lips. "You will fail if you do this. Think."

THINK. It echoed upon her mind. THINK.

Like a sun melting the icy coldness of winter, Fauna's anger subsided and her hold upon her Netheric taint laxed, with a regretfull sigh and a deep heave of her bosom, she banked the anger that was simmering inside her, willing herself to calm down and focus. "Professor Baldeserrato is right." Fauna murmured to herself, her mind clearing away and focusing mentally upon the third trial that was before, the pain stinging her lightly. Carefully, she touched her cheek and felt warm liquid and as she looked down at her hand, she saw blood.

Blood. No. She will not use it. With a mental shake of her blonde mane, she wiped the blood upon her purple robe and turned to look upon the shards of crystals on the floor.

"Very well," She murmured to herself, standing proud and plunging very carefully once more into the Aetheric Energies. "I shall be careful this time." The Dark Enchantress vowed, her emotion indifferent and calm as ice.

"Air!" Lifting her head, she murmured those soft words and weaved an intricate helixes of those air particles, gathering as much air as possible as she could manage. With a mental grunt and profound focus, the Dark Enchantress packed those minute particles of air together, forming a solid plank crossing above the cyrstal shards to the other side, solid enough to walk on.

"Let's see if this will work." Fauna declaired, her mind concentrating and holding the energies together to form a small catwalk just a few feet above the shards of crystal. With a gracefull flip of her blonde hair, the Dark Enchantress tried to step up the 'catwalk', trying to see if her spell would work.

Vogue!
Let your body move to the music...
Hey, hey, hey!
Vogue!

"What fun!" She will exclaim if the spell would be succesful enough, and with enough poise to knock a fly off a wall, she would cross the catwalk like a natural born diva.

Vogue!
Let your body move to the music...
Hey, hey, hey!
Vogue!
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Fauna's inexperience with elemental magicks again showed through. After all, earth would be the obvious choice for a solid path to tread upon. Water would have been a close second once it was chilled to ice of course. To walk upon air was a difficult trick indeed. However, it is amazing what one can accomplish when she doesn't know how impossible it should be. It took much concentration but through sheer persistance Fauna wove knots of air tight enough to support her curvy frame. Her little dance of triumph was well earned for the magic she worked was a difficult one.

The fourth challenge awaited beyond a stone archway lit by flickering magelight. At the far end of the plain stone room stood a figure covered in green scales with rippling muscles and jutting tusks. The bulky orc wielded an axe with a span of blade as wide as he was. However, Fauna's attention was drawn to the intricate ward glowing around the brute's head. At a glance, Fauna could tell he was protected from magics that affected the mind directly.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Obvious indeed, I could tell you that, obvious for a normal person. But our budding Dark Enchantress wasn’t a normal person, obvious sometimes, but normal? That’s a word she wouldn’t be able to understand. And so, with impossible feat, impossible perhaps for Fauna to comprehend, she was able to pull off her small catwalk upon the air. I shall name that spell… She mused, delightfully thinking of an appropriate appellation for her last spell. Fauna’s Graceful Catwalk on Air. Oh! How lovely indeed! After this trial was done, she would have to meticulously write down her theories and spell weavings upon her journal book, a compilation of spell theories, rituals and experimentation which she had named as ‘Erotic Kamasutra of the Aether and Nether: Fauna’s Journal of Arcane Rituals and Theories.’ It would cost a mighty upheaval in the Wizarding Community if her book would be published and her mind wandered off at all the signing books and autographs she would have to do if it were published. Perhaps, the Wizarding and Bardic Community would give her an award and even write a theater play about her.

Oh stop, Maker! I’m blushing as it is!

*coughs* You’re not suppose to react, Fauna, while I’m narrating!

But you’re making me blush with all these laudations!

*sighs* Why me? Why couldn’t I just create a normal person… Like Becca Acerbi for instance?

*titters a silvery laugh* Becca? Normal? You must be joking, Maker? She’s not normal!

She’s normal than you are, Fauna. Perhaps if I’ll ask Becca’s Creator nicely, she’d swap you for her creation?

*flinty look* I don’t advise it, Maker. You don’t have Becca’s Creator’s flair in narrating. And besides, I’d have to wear whatever she thinks for me and that would be very ghastly! Have you seen what Becca’s wearing at the Annual Mithril Tazlurean Awards Night? Audrey would have an apoplexy!

Oh, just shush, Fauna! I know Becca’s Creator would die first than narrate for you. I was just merely wishing.

Well, wish on your own time, Maker, I have a gauntlet to finish and my schedule’s quite hectic as it is!

*sighs and rolls eyes heavenward* Any takers? Please?

Just narrate, Maker!

Where was I, before I was rudely interrupted? Oh yeah…

Fauna’s blonde, empty head was swimming with ---

*indignant* Empty?!

Just… get on with it, Fauna!

But empty? Oh, puhleeze! You could do better than that, Maker.

*groans*

--- with all those imaginations, like a one year contract to wear all Audrey’s gowns and her own mansion at the Patrician Ring (let’s not forget that) when her musings were broken by the foul, very unseemly and repulsive creature before her.

“Otto? Otto Hopess? Is that you?” The Dark Enchantress asked, squinting her blue eyes to look at the unseemly creature before her, remembering the unpopular student who was possessed by a daemon the night when Fauna, together with Elvin, Ashtallion and Falco, battled the Daemon possessing him. “I think you need a bath, Otto… And your complexion is so hideous! Where have you been? At a cesspool or have you been partying with the frat boys again all night? Tsk, tsk, Hopess, ale could do that to your complexion, you do know that, don’t you? But I must say, your zits have cleared! What soap do you use?”

But when Fauna was about to step forward, she suddenly saw beyond her mistake. It was…

“An orc! My goodness! But I must say, Mister Orc, you're quite dashing compared to Mister Hopess, you should be quite proud of that!” And she laughed out loud at her own sallies, her silvery laughter bouncing off the walls. “But I do not have the time to socialize with you, Mister Orc, I have a gauntlet to finish. So I must bid you, adieu and farewell…” She regally continued, recognizing the enchantment placed upon the creature.

“I see,” The Dark Enchantress murmured to herself, frowning, her blue eyes hardening. “So the Council has given you protections. Well, they do know I’m not a battlemage so they couldn’t expect me to defeat you… I would just have to do… This!” She quickly slid her hand into her pouch, stepped back so she wouldn’t be at the radius of her own spell and threw the lump of mud at the stone floor before the Orc, plunging once more into the Aetherics, the mud as her central focus, trying to mentally spread the mud’s essence upon the floor and altering and copying the particles of the very stone floor into the essence of mud compound.

She readied her second spell, if in case the Orc would attack, taking her rock focus and at the instant the Orc moved forward, she would throw the stone upon the mud floor, transmuting it back to its original, solid particles. But, she knew, as she readied her spell, she wouldn’t be able to bypass the Orc, she would be able to stop him from moving, but crossing through him would be another problem, another trial inside a trial.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The orc had patience for neither Fauna's musings on her literary hopes nor her thoughts on his complexion. The moment Fauna came into view the orc raised his axe high with a gutteral growl and ran full speed at the petite sorceress.

Energetically speaking, the main difference between rock and mud is the amount of water present. But simply pouring water onto the rock would serve no purpose; it would simply run off the hard stone. Fauna's spell thrust water strands deep into the earth strands of rock twisting around them until the hard matrix of stone was replaced by the lighter weave of mud.

The mud clod fell just under the orc's foot and the beast's leg sunk into the ground up its knee. Its momentum carried him forward wrenching his leg horribly. Its axe went clattering across the stone floor as it let out a blood curdling scream of pain and rage.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

It was getting better and better, her spells were working. Fauna Winthrope wasn't that confident to start with. She was more of an illusionist and enchanter than a sorcerer of the elements. Pulling the exact strands and particles of the primal elements of Tazlure was not her cup of tea, but suffice it to say, she was getting the hang of it. The trick was to use the focus she had gathered as her main compound, mainly altering them, using them or copying them and the Dark Enchantress felt a smug of confidence as the bloodcurdling scream came from the trapped orc.

ooc: I am assuming that Fauna was able to pull off the 'Transmute Mud to Rock.' Please tell me otherwise

Tsk. Tough luck, Mister Orc. Fauna thought, carefully raising her skirt and moving around the Orc, out of its reach, gracefully stepping over the large axe, moving forward into the shadows of the corridor to her next trial.

Mentally, she cataloqued her spell compunds. Fauna had used her sand to disintegrate the Earthen Crystal Spheres, the lump of mud to transmute the rocky floor to mud and the small rock to trasmute the mudded floor back to rock. All in all, the Dark Enchantress was able to utilize and use her spells appropriately.

"Now what's next?" Fauna murmured half to herself, walking forward, her gait confident. "What's it to be?"

I think I need to be prepared now. She thought, taking the small crystal from inside her pouch and lifting it before her face, she looked at it, deep within its center and focused and gathered the Aetheric particles once more.

Light was the main focus of illusion and the Dark Enchantress needed a huge amount of light to pull off a good trick. With all the strands and helixes of those particles she could muster, Fauna Winthrope tried to most carefully ingrain those particles of pure light into the center of the crystal, hoping that it would cast off a light, multi-hued in color.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Forcing the light to loop about the crystal matrix and tying them off at the right angles of refraction within the crystal, Fauna was able to create her rainbow lightstone. It would unravel over time of course but in the short term it granted her light and more importantly a small source of light energy within the darkness.

Which was good timing as the the fifth challenge arose before her as a ward. Magically speaking, the wards were coded to examine the being before them and determine if they match the requirements to pass. With a little concentration, Fauna could read the runes well enough to decipher what the keys were. The ward was programmed only to allow a fire elemental to pass. To satisfy the ward, Fauna must look like a fire elemental; crackle, hiss and pop like a fire elemental, and radiate heat like a fire elemental. Failure to satisfy the ward would result in a discharge of lightning energy.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Archived without skilling until Fauna returns.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”