Rallying the Ach-Lunari - Samheen 28th MT - Mordular

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Tristam

Rallying the Ach-Lunari - Samheen 28th MT - Mordular

Post by Tristam »

Home to the oldest citizen of Gulanadar, Matron Ach-Lunar, this noble house is one of the few houses that has been erected with the good and will of the people behind it.

Ach-Lunar deals mostly with quite moral aspect of Gulanadur, gaining there power at first through medicines, and other specialized herbs. Yet, the rise of this house is manly do to the common dark elf of Gulanadur. House Ach-Lunar worships the Moonlady, like most of the Gulanadur, and citizens see them as there voice to the nobles.

The people are right, most of the family are good people, and Ach-Lunar is known for it's generousity. Proven by there small meager home, in the shape a crescent moon, in homage to their diety. One could easily pass it off as a home of a wealthy merchant.

The Matron Ach-Lunar once said that her house was so plain because she chose to spend the money on her true home, the Temple of the Moonlady. Mordular remembers it as a place of serenity from the few times he has visited it. This is all the more impressive considering the steady stream of people asking petitions or conducting the business of the noble house. Their critics claim there are soundproofed rooms where all the real arguments and shouting go on beyond the quiet mask.

With the family name of D`Altamooriana and the backing of the Temple, Mordular felt confident that he could gain an audience within. The home had three entrances. On the far left edge of the crescent moon, a simple door gave access to the Guild of Healers. On the far right edge, a second such door opened into the finanical center of the house. The grand entrance in the center of the great curve led to where the Matron held court. All three doors were flanked by a pair of guards in Ach-Lunar livery.

[/quote]
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: My sincere apologies for missing this in the reorganization, my vacation and everything else

BIC:

While his palms sweated slightly and his stomach felt butterflies almost equal to those he felt in the court of the Queen not long before, Mordular's stride and walk up to Ach-Lunar were as purposeful and direct as he could manage, taking a sense of righteousness and belonging as his natural rights. He had been here before, although never quite in this role.

Mordular did not hesitate or over-think his choice as the crescent moon shaped home of the Ach-Lunars approached; he proceeded directly to the grand center entrance of the grand curve and stopped at an appropriate distance from the pair of guards who held vigil there.

Mordular bowed to each of them in turn before speaking, letting his gaze move between the both of them so that his words were clearly intended for and said for the benefit of both mindful guards equally.

"Greetings. I am Mordular of House D'Altamooriana, and on behalf of myself, the Priestess of the Temple of the Moonlady and the Sentinels of the Moonlady I see an audience with the Matron Ach-Lunar."

Mordular bowed once again, this time to the door, and then let his gaze settle on a point midway between the guards for their response.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The two guards exchanged glances and one of them nodded to the other. "Enter then, Mordular of House D'Altamooriana. The Matron is hearing petitions this day and it is right to so approach her." One of the guard opened the door behind him and stepped to the side to allow Mordular to pass.

The main door opened into a sizable foyer decorated simply in white stone hung thick with tapestries depicting scenes of charity from one adhiel to another. Each tapestry was woven with silver threads to give the helpers and healers a halo of light about their heads and hands. Though it was early in the day, a crowd of at least fifty waited quietly and respecfully for their turn to address the Matron. All were dressed in the best clothes they owned. Finest spider silk brushed elbows with worn but neatly patched lizard leathers. Soft spoken attendants moved through the crowd and occasionally people were directed to the sides of the complex to present their case to the Healers or Bankers directly.

One of these worthies, a young woman with a fetching off-white color to her hair, was waiting just inside the door as Mordular entered the hall. "Welcome to the center of the Ach-Lunar. What brings you here this day?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Mordular's gaze took in the well decorated foyer, his eyes moving from the stonework to the more prominent tapestries, allowing his gaze to linger on a particular tapestries with a pair of healers helping a traveller, with an injured leg, by the side of a road.

Thusly, Mordular's attention had to snap back to the young woman with the off white hair when she approached. Mordular rocked on his heels, bowed and smiled.

"I am glad to be welcome." Mordular replied evenly, continuing his friendly smile as he appraised the young woman. "I seek an audience with the Matron herself, today. I was told that she is hearing petitions, and I bear one, on behalf of myself and the Temple of the Moonlady."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Both are worthy groups to represent." The young lady replied with a soft smile. "No doubt the Matron would gladly hear your words. There are a few ahead of you," She understated gesturing at the crowd in the entrance chamber, "but the wait should not be long." She assured him. "Very few come before the Matron with long petitions and many can be helped by those of the healers or the treasurers directly. Your petition would not be so easily handled would it?" Her fishing for informaton seemed more curiosity that anything else.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Mordular inclined his head.

"No, no, it would be a disservice, to those that I represent, to myself, and to the petition itself to be heard and handled by anyone else other than the Matron." he replied, favoring the young lady with a smile. Even as he spoke, though, his back straightened, and he looked proud and strong, even as he spoke elliptically.

But, then, Mordular regarded her and continued to smile. "My words and my proposal come from the Priestess of the Moonlady herself." His fingers moved toward the sword and scabbard now at his belt, not in a threatening gesture, but a subtle, perhaps subconscious highlight of his new badge of office.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The motion towards the sword confused the young woman but as the gesture appeared not to be a threat she let it pass. However, it did the desired affect of drawing her eyes to the blade and suddenly all the pieces fell into place. This must be the one that went before the Queen and revived the Sentinels!

Only a slight widening of the eyes betrayed her recognition and as her face was downcast on the sword, she hoped Mordular did not notice. "Then I shall not detain you any longer on your errand." She smiled and bowed to him slightly. She gestured for Morudular to join the crowd in the foyer and await his turn.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

"Thank you." Mordular said to the young woman. He bowed and continued.
"I ea fiadhea ta ealiu".

Once she moved off to help another supplicant for the Matron, Mordular stepped forward toward the crowd in the foyer. His eyes looked over the well off and poor alike who both sought audience with the Matron, and whose entreaties were not suited to resolution by the Healers or Bankers of the House.

He stood tall and proud as he joined the throng in earnest, giving nods of respect and murmuring Namaste to those who looked in his direction.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

All in the line were quietly respectful to Mordular and each other. Rag clad beggar spoke beamingly of her children to a silk clad courtier who spoke offered encouragement to her petition for them to be taken into service. In fact, the pair began to discuss the possibility of the children entering his house and they moved off from the crowd deep in discussion. Mordular could now see that the line moved more swiftly than expected because so many that came to seek the Matron's help found that they could help each other.

Mordular noticed an adhiel moving gently through the crowd towards him. He looked maybe a day past his majority and was dressed in fashionable clothing of creamy white silk. "Namaste, Sentinel." He greeted Mordular. "I am Dionas Ach-Lunar and I am honored to meet to you." He placed his hand over his chest and bowed slighty.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Mordular watched at first with concern as the adhiel in front of him began pairing off, and as more and more seemed to no longer need the Matron's services, Mordular turned to a more watchful and curious demeanor.

When Dionas Ach-Lunar came to greet him, Mordular replicated the gesture, and gave a nod in the bargain as he straightened up from his bow and his gesture across his heart.

"Namaste. Dionas. The Honor is mine as well to meet a scion of House Ach-Lunar."

"I am Mordular. Have you been told why I am here?" Mordular asked.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I am told very little but I hear much." Dionas replied with a smirk. "The Matron guides us well but there are some of us that yearn for a chance to make a few choices ourselves." He informed Mordular. "We were prevented from joining the Great Ascent but how can they object to following the call of the Moonlady?" He smiled a little wider. "So I have come to hear more of the group you represent."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Mordular gave an ascent of the head at Dionas' remark and he began to speak in low, reverent tones.

"The Sentinels harken back to the days when the force previously named such was the martial arm of the Temple of the Moonlady." Mordular began. "In this time when many of us have joined the Great Ascent, especially numbers of our Dark Knights, the number of Adhiel that are available to see to peace and law in the City are perilously few."

"The new sentinels, of which I am the first, are pledged to help fill that necessary void. To be a symbol of reassurance to the populace, and an active force against those who would do the citizens of Gulanadur harm."

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”