Ruining Roque

Moderator: Mods

Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

"Yes...!

Finally someone that can hear me!

Finally someone worthy of the game!"

The force of Motley's will had him engaged and enraged now. This was no event brought on by the Gods. It was no supernatural or unearthly phenomena that threatened to consume them all. There was danger, certainly, but it was all brought about by someone seeking power and death.

Motley's wrath awakened.

He'd seen it more and more in recent days. Thieves who sought to take the belongings of others. Whether that be a person's gold, a person's influence or a person's life were all the same to him. Motley always rose up against injustice. A lifetime of having been pushed aside and pushed down would never allow him to be passive and allow it to happen without a fight.

The words he spoke in his mind were sheer bravado and probably naivety, but the ugly little man was certain of one thing now. This destruction was being wrought by something other than natural force. If it was a man, than that man could bleed. If it was a demon, than it could be banished.

A demon? Some sorceror? A priest?

The twisted little man wasn't sure yet, but Motley knew without a doubt that he had a certain knack for getting under people's skin. A trait he'd used against Eliot the overzealous guard, and many other times in his life. He would risk a lot to bring the being's attention on him. It would certainly threaten his meager life, but perhaps if this being's attention could be focused on merely him. It might give others a chance to react. At the very least he hoped he could expose them for who they are.

Well, Gerben... You wanted to know what was happening on the streets here...

"I'm here. And I can take it from you! Such an amateur you must be! Wanton destruction... any fool can do that! You want to demonstrate true power? Try turning events to your favor. Try sealing the fates of Kings and trapping them in thier own plots! Try cracking the world from within!

"You're a fool! You've marked yourself now! Anyone who is everyone will be coming for you now. Those with the true power in this city won't have it destroyed! You've signed a death mark for your self! Quit now, and they may not be able to find you. Continue, and you'll be dead before the week is out!"
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara felt the promises and the sensation of true might coursing through the air, following the vortex which was flattening buildings around her. She was stunned at the sheer force of this magical torrent and gazed out the window as wanton destruction still gripped the streets around her.

Before, it had seemed this force, this death, wanted to destroy her. Now it beckoned her, called her, it promised to teach her, to make her grow, make her powerfull. In such a short time she had already gleaned so much and this...mystery...presented her with the easy way out, granting her a glimpse of her potential.

She heard Motley's words barely through the vortex as she watched and listened to the woodwork splintering, breaking. Compelled to join him in his fight against the destructive force, she was torn between two thoughts right now.

A single thought, directed at what appeared to be the center of all the mayhem almost inadvertantly escaped her inquisitive mind...

"What's in it for me?"
"You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side" - Darth Vader

Callara's Compendium

Avatar drawn and edited by me, tweaked by QC.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Alexandrya L`handriel wrote:Alexandrya helped the man run into the house and slammed the door shut. Her heart was pounding in her ears as she heard the behemoth outside take out its rage on something nearby and thanked the gods it was not them.

Pale eyes stared out the window in horror as the sound accompanied the action of the house collapsing in on itself. She noticed that the magical being could not enter the house as it gingerly worked it way around the broken gargoyles that had fallen on the ground.

Her own breath was being pulled into her lungs at a ragged pace from the exertion, but she forced herself to calm down and to clamp down the terror.

"Motley? What could Motley do?" She asked. "Abilities?" It never really crossed her mind that she had any. Of course, she always believed that she was special and her decisions were usually not her own but circumstance. She even vaguely remembering her father from long ago sitting her up on his knee and calling her special and powerful. The young achadhiel just believed her father loved and doted on her with compliments but could it have been something more? It is important to maintain your concentration. Such a strange thing to say to a child...

"A woman? Motley? Gerben, you are babbling! What is this all about? I felt someone controlling these people. I-I stopped it from consuming me by singing." She spoke out loud to try to make sense of it all to make the man focus.

When he apologized for rambling and started to cry, the silver-haired woman went over to the old man and held his hand. "Help me. I think I have a way but I cannot do any of it by myself. That creature out there looks like it is driven by wind. I had heard somewhere once that if you have one strong force being commanded in one direction and another spinning in the other direction that they could quite possibly negate itself."

She shook her head, "I was also wondering if this monster had a weakness, perhaps the rain...water, or more earth...can you some how slow the monster out there down with what you did before? Could you raise more of the earth to impede it? Distract it?"

Her cold, wet hand continued to hold the old man's as she looked into his eyes, "Sir, we need to do something and I believe you can help me."

Then she heard it, a strong and strange voice against the strong winds and she looked out the window to see Motley, the little man from the tavern...what is he doing?

It was a challenge that he had accepted, and a voice was heard, which caused her to look upwards. What is...the one who started this? She growled softly as her eyes flashed a silvery color as her anger grew.

She could not stand there and not do anything further. "I am going to try to figure out where the source of these dark magicks are pooling so we can destroy that thing from the inside. I need a map of the city, Gerben. If I can concentrate on that voice and the source of the puppeteer's source, maybe...just maybe I can try to cut his link like a knife to a silken rope."

Her eyes had a frightening determination as her jaw was set like sculpted marble. She knew she had never done this before but the actress knew she had to try. It was a convergence. A chaotic event that will change everyone's lives and she could not cower and give up.

The silver-haired achadhiel started to clear her mind. For some reason she believed that the element of air and the element of water might help. Her focus, the rain, the voice, and the feelings that she had received when someone tried to enrage her to control her more easily.

If Gerben was successful in procuring a map she would concentrate on that as well as the different elements that she believed would assist her. Please, this evil creature must be destroyed...he kills out of lust for what? Power? Is that what this is about? Her own anger growing as she began to probe as carefully as she could while she hoped the rest will distract who or whatever it was that had laid seige on their poor little town.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Syra

Post by Syra »

Samheen 29th, undetermined time

ooc
Still quite impassable. Let's be creative :)

ic
"You stopped it?" Gerben stared at Alexandrya as if she had just appeared out of thin air. "You stopped it with singing?" He was still trying to grasp the concept when the girl started to run off with a different idea. It was rapidly becoming harder to follow her reasoning, yet the moment she mentioned a map his face cleared.

"A map. I see where you are going with this. Hold on. See if you can find Motley in the meantime. Try to get his attention."

With that the man shuffled to one of the back rooms. "The wind." He mumbled, his voice somehow still audible over the ruckuss outside. "The wind. It can't be. Ushuaia wouldn't...What on earth is going on here. Who turned the tide?"

It did not take long for him to return with a handful of maps which he quickly spread on the low table in the small living room. "Do you know how to read maps?" A quick look at the inventive girl. "This side up. Bird's view." Gerben could only hope she was as smart as she thought she was.

At the sound of the voice the older man closed his eyes and groaned. "Not Ushuaia. Then who...Why did he not warn me." Brown eyes turned back to Alexandrya. "Distract it I can, but...it seems someone beat me to the punch." He looked outside through the window, having noticed little Motley out in the streets. "Gods almighty, what does he think he is doing!"

Clearing her mind was explicably hard with the chaos around her. It did not help that the power outside was growing to an almost tangible form. The moment she opened up, Alexandrya's senses were stretching out towards the whirlwind, whether she wanted it or not. It willed her in. It pulled her in. It wanted her in. It wanted her to come out and play!

Yet...most of it's attention was on little Motley, the vortex hanging suspended in mid air as a reply was forming in cold rage; the answer to his taunting. It was obvious that whoever was behind this insane magical occurance heard the mocking and was ready to hit back from somewhere closeby. Perhaps it would have shown a weakness. Perhaps it already had in the obvious change of mood at the little bard's verbal whipping. Ready to lash out at the feeble malform the red storm drew back towards it's source and

"What's in it for me?"

shifted attention to the female in the house.

Callara!
Power was positively dripping with every move, every word. Things were rapidly building up to a possibly disastrous climax as everyone got cut off from whatever conversation followed.

To the young woman on the second floor the voice was still as clear as always: "Domination." The voice replied instantly. "Understanding beyond any. None shall ever doubt you again! Use this...use the winds and understand. Let yourself be filled and be part of your true vocation!"

Inside the house Gerben frowned. "Now why does that silence not soothe me..."

[/size]
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara heard the words. She felt the words as she stood there gazing out over the rampant mayhem. Mayhem someone, something controlled. Created my magical means. Magic she had so far only brushed the surface of.

She had aptitude.

And here it was, offering her to share in the force of this chaos. Offering her a piece of endless power, power beyond anything she had ever hoped to dream about.
She had never dreamed about it. All she had done was wish that she would be rid of her uncontrolleable episodes. She was sent here by her parents, parents who feared for her, feared her.

"And now this..."

She looked down through the shattered glass and gazed upon the sight of Motley who had now joined with another familiar face down below. No sign of the other man who had entered behind her into the house she was still in. The house which was still creaking on it's struts.

"Domination." The voice replied instantly. "Understanding beyond any. None shall ever doubt you again! Use this...use the winds and understand. Let yourself be filled and be part of your true vocation!"

It took moments, mere flickers for the meaning of the words to sink in. Seemingly surpassing her concious, cognitive mind and going straight for her subconcious being, grasping at her fears and uncertainties. For yahren she had been mocked, shunned, cast out in her own home city. She had rationalised, composed herself time and again, hoping that the hurt, the grief, would end somehow. She had unconciously grown weary of the teasing and name-calling, and all the dreaded moments, the words spoken in hushed whispers behind her back (but somehow still reaching her ears) all passed before her mind's eye.

"Enough."

She had had enough. There was not a shred of doubt, there never had been. From the moment she had discovered "The Greatest Show" she had tapped into something she could not understand. Now she stood at a crossroads, an emotional crossroads.

And she decided.

She reached out one hand towards the maelstrom. One hand, fingers spread open as if trying to grasp the swirling wind still just outside her reach. She would have the power it offered, she would consume it and make it her own. Her mind was filled with a new confidence. A confidence she had never felt before. She felt angry, spitefull, and yet her lips parted in a smile, her eyes darkening at the same time.

"None shall ever doubt me again!"

Callara's Compendium

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

The silver-haired achadhiel did not understand why the old man was looking as if she had grown a third head. She had only said that she probably distracted herself and kept in control due to her singing. Yeah that must have been it.

When she realised that she was starting to ramble like Gerben she slowed down and took some calming breaths. She had heard her companion uttering some word that puzzled her. "Who is Ushuaia? Gerben, what is going on here?" She asked as calmly as one could despite the circumstances and hoping he'll answer at least one of her questions.

How difficult could it be? She thought to herself even though she was not a scout like Jonah or gifted in navigational skills. Of course, she had some common sense and that is what she used at the moment.

Gerben helped her with which side was up and the generalities. Large, grey eyes gazed down upon the city and skimmed some landmarks that she had come to remember while her walks with Jonah.

As Alexandrya began to concentrate and clear her mind, it seemed that what powers she was trying to pull from was being pulled towards the hungry force outside. She frowned as her mind was persuaded to come out and play. Again the anger grew at the feelings of being manipulated which is what fueled her to be steadfast in her goal.

She did not let that hinder her as she placed her hand above the map of the city below. It seemed that Motley's actions was making it possible to at least maintain some composure as she continued to clear her mind and concentrate on the origins of the powers.

The young achadhiel would probably not hear anything at that point, while Gerben spectated and all grew silent. Alexandrya honestly did not know if finding the source would help their cause to survive but if she could connect some how while it was distracted...it was worth a try.

Her breathing slowed down further as her hands never left the map but hovered above. Her fingers moved as if she was weaving or playing the piano as she concentrated. Subtlety...strength... Would feel for other changes the silence came after the chaos, but she continued to probe trying to see a way to destroy this power...a power that no one should receive, even though her own heart churned for a way to destroy her enemies. No, it is not my desire! Silence again. Thoughts clear as she continued to concentrate, her breath deep and slow, her eyes closed to see what is currently, physically not there. A soft prayer that she remembered her father teaching her to a god or goddess she really did not know.

"Please hear my prayer, my plea. These people deserve mercy and your love. Protect those that we cherish and help those that are weak. Imbue me with your power and assist me in the destruction of the wicked. Protect me. Guide me. Show me your love." She whispered it softly. The silver-haired achadhiel did not even think about it as she did it while concentrating on trying to find the origin as well as to see a vision or clues to help her find a way to put a stop to this assault.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Motley watched as Callara reached out to it.

"Callara! No! Don't touch it! He'll try to lure you in with lies! He will promise you what you want! Why would he offer anything else? There's no proof in what he says! They are all lies meant to seduce you away from reason. Since when has anyone ever offered you anything for free? Since when in this world have you not have to work for what you have? Think girl! Think about it! It's all a lie!"

That's all you have to offer isn't it? I'm not buying it for a moment. I know you better. I know what you're all about now.

All this might and destruction, just to get the attention of pretty girls? How sad and unfortunate for you! How pathetic you are that you have to go to such extreme measures just to get a girl to talk to you! Look at me! At least I have an excuse! At least girls recoil from me because I'm a malformed, twisted little gargoyle and they have a reason to turn away! You must so wretched and sad that you amassed all your power just to get someone's attention. Just so someone would listen. What a poor, tragic little creature you are!

Motley's brutish lips formed a mocking pout.

If that's all you wanted, why not just ask? Why not come to us and talk to us? Is that so hard? Or maybe, just maybe, you can't. Maybe, just maybe you're craven. A coward that lacks enough confidence and self assurance that you have to threaten others.

In one hand, he squeezed the grip of the crossbow tightly. If the figure showed himself, he wanted to be able to instantly defend himself. In the other hand, Motley gripped the head of his cane. The Falcon's head felt cool and kept him concentrated and focused. He would need the wind and power of the falcon when whoever this was struck. He marshalled his internal resources, preparing to leap into the wind and have it carry him away if necessary.

Come on out! This sad little game is over. Show yourself if you're so powerful. Let us see our destroyer! If nothing else, you will be able to see the fear in our eyes. Or at least the fear in others eyes, because I have no fear here, only pity and disgust. Come on out! You can watch as we wither and die against your might! You can laugh as we dash ourselves against your domination. Come on, show yourself! Surely you have nothing to fear from us!

Or maybe you are the one that is afraid?

Post by Guest »

Sebastian raced to get the wounded man under the desk. He hesitated for a second. Should he just stay under the desk where it was safe?

Then he heard a faint voice singing out. It started low, and got louder. The song not only grew in volume, but also grew in power. For some reason unknown to him the words filled him with a spark, no a fire of courage. Sebastian rose pulled his sword, and headed for the source of the song.

When he got close to the source of the song, he was dumb-founded to see that it was Motley who was the center of the magic. He could see the words of Motley's song bashing into the dark, and cold vortex that whipped around him. The vortex seem to have a life of its own, and looked to be taunting Motley.

Sebastian saw that Motley had his crossbow in his hand, and was shouting at someone. Sebastian could not tell who Motley was yelling at. Sebastian rushed forward into the Vortex.

"Kill the little man, He is protecting Alexzander." Was the dark voice back in Sebastian mind again? Sebastian stopped, rubbed his eyes, and shouted at the voice. "No that is in the past and that is where it is going to stay."

Slam, bam, bam Sebastian's body sledded across the floor, as he was thrown from the vortex.

Sebastian stood up, and shook off the dazed feeling. He shouted to Motley, "I WILL BE THERE SHORTLY!!!" "I hope."

With a determine mind set, and a grim look on his face, Sebastian charged the vortex.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syra

Post by Syra »

With the magical whirlwind in the middle three minds sought it's attention in their own, unique ways. Counting Sebastian's desperate attack four people sought to somehow control what was happening, all through different means and yet all so very similar.

Four people.
Three goals.
One outcome.

Alexandrya sent out her prayer. To whom or what, she did not know -a dangerous undertaking in these uncertain times. Yet it was done: no sooner did the words leave her mouth or the map trembled, flickered....a flame!

Somehow a spark of the nearby fireplace had found it's way to the piece of parchment on the table and started to scorch the map, it's origins strangely close to the direction Motley might have figured out by now. Strangely close to the very mansion she was in right now.

"Ah!"

Gerben jumped forward, trying to extinguish the flame before it consumed the entire map, drawing the young Adhiel out of her self-invoked meditation.

Callara stood strong, defying danger - no, accepting it in! One hand stretched out, unseen to the people below due to the sheer distance and chaos. One hand tipping the scale.

Water rushed in. No wait, fire! It had to be fire because it burned. Breathing was so hard. Air? Sensations. Emotions. Pain. Pleasure. Knees buckling. Flying. Seeing. Everything.

Too much!

Her senses screamed. Every nerve on fire.

Too much!

There was no way her body could take the strain. It collapsed like a ragdoll, her willpower all that was left to keep her alive or grab death to release her from this anguish.

Deceived?
Or...

Motley stood proud, challenging the winds that changed direction right after he might have pinpointed the source. Somehow the vortex was more interested in the house where he'd left Callara and Sebastian the Younger. Somehow it might not have been such a surprise to see Sebastian come running out of the house.

Perhaps it was more of a surprise that the young man threw himself head first into the waiting maelstrom! Immediately he was sucked in by the forces of nature and magic. Breathing was rapidly becoming very hard as Sebastian found himself higher...and higher...and higher up...seeing the world through a red haze that was all around him. Seeing the young woman lying on the floor in the house. Seeing little Motley seeking retribution.

Perhaps it was fate that made the thinking red pool of death turn back to Motley at his unmistakable challenge; that made it aware of the fool that threw himself in the tornado. Surely Sebastian would have fallen to his death in a matter of flickers if not...

Or maybe you are the one that is afraid.

Laughter. Plain and clear laughter, holding the young man high up in the whirlwind.

I could drop him. The voice teased, audible to all. Let's play a game. I could drop him...and leave the city be. Or I could keep him alive...and take the city instead. What shall I do, little man? Oh, what shall I do?

Roque held it's breath while it's faith was being decided.

"Is it me or have things quieted down outside?" The female voice continued in the dark, sounding awfully cheery for the insane situation Zeon was in.
Last edited by Syra on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Motley watched Sebastian the younger get sucked up into the maelstrom and be carried into the sky. It was hard not to grimace at the young man's foolishness, or his bravado.

Speaking of bravado...

A game?

Playing with someone's life that way is no game! I could do that! Anyone can do that!

You want to play a game worth playing, then lets truly play, shall we?

You and I. Just the two of us. The prize we shall play for is life. If I win, the people of Roque go free and you die. The life I win is Roque's. If you win, you can have all that I posess and add it to your own. I will be your puppet, your slave. I will scour the face of Tazlure for you in your name. Do your bidding and forge your purpose. I will be your hound forevermore. That is the life you win.

As Motley spoke, he tried to sense not so much where the magic was coming from, but rather he was looking for something. No two men had the exact same features. No two men had identical walks and talks and veins that carried their blood. So it was not the source he was seeking exactly, but rather, it was a curiosity of if he had felt that power before. A smell for lack of a better word. A signature. Something that he could latch onto and remember. If no two men had the same body and face, perhaps it was true that no two men's magic "felt" the same way.

We sit, at a table. Man to man. Face to face, like proper gentlemen. We bring in some food, some wine, and we have ourselves a battle of wits and of wills, and it shall only end when the other declares defeat.

That's a true contest. Not this... sham...

What say you friend? Care to match wits with an ugly little gargoyle? Think you can outmatch the likes of a poor little simpleton like me?

He continued to grip both cane and crossbow carefully. If Sebastian was dropped, he try to catch him with his own vortex. If the figure showed himself, he would be able to defend himself, or even strike.

Post by Guest »

Sebastian's mind and body was stunned by the vortex, as he was lifted high into the storm. He could hear Motley as he challenged the dark force that was recking havoc all around them.

"Motley no I am just one life, let me go so that the rest may be free of this coward."

Sebastian prayed that Motley could hear him, as he braced himself for what ever may come.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara stood defiant against the vortex, welcoming the promise of power. She heard the words of Motley and Sebastian, not so much with her ears as with her mind. She heard them, and ignored them. She had bigger fish to fry now.

And fry she did.

The sensation of a thousand minds entering her own hit her like a sledge hammer. She saw, heard, smelled, felt everything around her and her mind felt like it would explode. She saw the vortex, the energy, the driving power behind it still not revealed. She screamed but could not produce the sound to go with it. Her body spinning out of control, her mind feeling very much like the destruction she had witnessed with her eyes but moments before.

She felt her body collapse on the floor behind the shattered window, but could not do anything against it. It felt like every nerve ending was struck with flame and a thousand steel hammers. She felt like she was drowning, but her lungs still gasped for air.

"None shall ever doubt me again."

The words repeating endlessly through her mind as she felt her connection to the Tether diminish. She experienced a thousand emotions at once; hate, love, anger, happiness, fear, but all she heard were those words spinning before her like the storm she had invited in.

"That includes me."

She could not doubt herself. If the promise held true she could not question the manner in which the power was bestowed upon her. She could have guessed it wouldn't be pretty, but this surpassed her worst nightmare. She could not doubt herself, for if she would she was sure to lose her life to the deadly vortex after all, something she wasn't quite ready to do. She clung on to dear life, focussing on the words of the "Greatest Show". Looking for a focus in the mayhem, a point of stillness to latch on to in the chaos that had sought refuge in her mind. She would survive, because she could. She would live, because she wanted to. The pain would end, because that was what she willed. The words of the promise becoming a mantra of survival.

"None shall ever doubt me again, I shall never doubt me again. None shall ever doubt me again, I shall never doubt me again..."
Last edited by Callara on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callara's Compendium

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Sightless eyes continued to stare at the map as a flame danced about on the parchment to burn away all that was not important. Grey green eyes concentrated on the areas that were charred and the ones that were not touched by the flame. It had to mean something and she knew that it could not all be a coincidence. A day such as this could never be assumed as a coincidence.

Was it a path to who was causing all of this or what has already been destroyed thus far. She continued to stare at the charred remnants of the map to make sense of it all. It was so very strange that a flame had jumped onto the map. She figured that the fireplace was no where near where she was meditating with the map. It did draw out another thought though.

It was only when Gerben stepped in to extinguish the flame from destroying the entire map that caused Alexandrya to look at him with a bit of surprise and a rapid succession of blinking to clear her mind and bring her to the present.

"Fire..." She murmured softly. "How strange that it suddenly burned the parchment and one would say it was impossible for it to happen." "Water, that appeared as a torrid storm to soak the crazed rioters...Wind, that appears as the crimson tornado outside...and you...Earth...to move it and assist with keeping that behemoth at bay.

Who are you, Gerben? What are you and was this some elaborate scheme to destroy you...and your family?" She was grasping at anything that might resemble an answer.

Her now normal grey eyes rested on the map. "The origin is there." She pointed at the map, "I believe I will need to go there to help..." She stepped towards the window and watched in horror as someone got swept up into the tornado and Motley standing there facing it alone.

"We need to do something!" She murmured. "But what?" Alexandrya cried out desperately. She tried to catch sight of the man in the wind and tried to see if his essence was still detectable. Her mind seeked out his heart to feel a beat.

Maybe there is a way to encase him and keep him out of harms way.

If she could weave a spell or a shield of magic around the stranger would it assist in saving his life? She sincerely hoped so. A delicate hand with the palm turned upwards like a cradle was held close to her stomach as her other hand closed over it, her hands warm and cupped to signify shelter. Again she concentrated. Please protect the innocent, my hands to warm him and shield him from the winds and dangerous height.

In her mind, the achadhiel wove a warm shield that would enclose around Sebastian to try to protect him from the winds as well as the height that the vortex had brought him to and had faith that what she magically wove would come to be. Her hands a symbol of nurturing and care. If it worked it would feel as if Sebastian was being cradled by a warm force field. The feeling of soft hands to shelter and protect him.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Syra

Post by Syra »

"He seeks to destroy the spirit of Roque. He seeks the Blue Parrot." Gerben mumbled, staring at the small burns in his handpalms. His grey eyes surveyed Alexandrya carefully. "Do not make any mistakes here. You are right. It is much more than one could have expected."

His eyes wandered to the charred map. The origins lay right behind his mansion. It had to be one of the houses close by, using Gerben's estate as a shield for the red foe in the streets. "You are right. Fire, wind, water, earth. They are involved. It is the very core of this city. It is the reason for it's existance. Why do you think we did not plummet down into the sea from the cliffs long ago? So many occasions on which it could have gone wrong, but always the balance was maintained...save for now."

The older man watched the whirlwind outside with a frown. "I am not alone in this. There are others...we are supposed to..." He closed his eyes. "It's no use. Ushuaia is not responding. I should have known. He could have kept the winds in check, but he is not. Blood is stronger. Bloodmagic is more devastating. So many murders in the streets without finding the culprit, so many suicides -poor Lerussa. It all comes together now."

Alexandrya tried her rogue talents.
Gerben's eyes turned brown. "STOP!" He rumbled, almost grabbing her wrists. "Not like that! Do NOT toy with this, even if it is to save a life. You will throw yourself straight into the wind's path! If you want to be useful, then GROUND! Glue yourself to the earth! Connect before you throw yourself out."

Keeping a worried glance on the explosive situation outside the old mage had no choice but to make sure his guest did not destroy everything he had worked for.

Come Motley, use your mind! I know you are going in the right direction! I just wish I could hear you!

The thought went unspoken while chaos continued in the streets.

Sebastian was fighting for his life, or rather for Roque. The wind dropped him playfully several times, only to catch him again at the last possible moment and lifting him up again. The valiant words were certainly not lost on little Motley who stood at the base of the whirling disaster.

You and me? The mocking voice continued for all to hear. You and me? And who are you to think that you would be of any consequence to me? No direction, no purpose, no life, no hope. You are a lost cause to begin with!

These were familiar taunts, ones the little bard might have heard before. Yet there was a distinct interest in the bodiless voice.

Meanwhile Callara fought for her life and sanity. She could not doubt herself. She would not doubt herself. To die now would be the joke of the yahren.

None shall ever doubt me again, I shall never doubt me again. The litany repeated itself in her head. while earthquakes and tornado's wrecked her mind.

Oh very well. Why not. It almost sounded bored as the whirlwind turned. Why not indeed.

Motley disappeared.
The whirlwind died
Callara woke up.
Sebastian fell.

"No!" Gerben shouted, watching the proceedings. He grabbed Alexandrya by the shoulder. The weight was almost crushing, pushing her into the ground, making it impossible to move her feet. "NOW!" He commanded her. "Grab him!"

ooc
Oh gosh, Motley is out of the thread. Please follow the little white rabbit to 'At Wit's End' as soon as Stahl has opened the thread. The others will remain here for now.
Last edited by Syra on Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/size]
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

OOC: I'm going to assume Sebastian will hit the ground before Callara can do anything about it. Seeing as she heads outside first.

The pain ended...

Abruptly...

"What, huh..."

Callara opened her eyes, which had been crammed shut in utter horror at the anguish she had felt just a flicker ago. She saw she was on the floor.

She felt sore.

Her head pounded as she got up, dazed she tried to regain some footing. She remembered exactly what happened, the promise, the pain. Now the pain was gone. Was the power gone aswell? She felt dizzy as she struggled down the stairs. The storm had subsided, so something must have happened. Callara had been too busy fighting for her life to notice anything other than her inner demons so she was quite surprised that everything had gone still just like that.

"How will I know?"

She sought inside herself while she walked outside into the street. Did anything change? Because of her tremendous headache she had a hard time discerning if anything else had changed. Did the mysterious voice hold it's promise, or was it all but a ploy to drag her into the Nether and had she been saved by something else?

Only then she noted the lack of Motley, hearing the shouts from Gerben. Something about catching someone? She looked around and spotted Alexandrya with the man behind her looking at where the vortex had been, a figure dropping from the sky.
Last edited by Callara on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Callara's Compendium

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

"The Blue Parrot?!" What in the... Her eyes matched Gerben's grey eyed gaze. It sounded like the man was babbling again, murders, suicides, and bloodmagic? When she believed something made sense, it veered down another tangent. She really wanted to just hold her poor head until this all ended. Ushuaia, Lerussa, Gerben's son? More casualties?

As Gerben confirmed some of her conclusions, it eased her anxieties. It gave her something to hold onto. Blood is stronger...life essence...all those deaths to fuel this. She still could not understand why...why would anyone do this?

When Alazandra tried to head outside to where the map was untouched, Gerben stopped her. His eyes changed, his aura stronger and more demanding as he shouted instructions to her. What is he talking about, what does he mean? Her mind screamed it out as he finally grabbed her wrists and her brain continued to resound with his instruction, Ground yourself. Glue yourself to the earth...

She noticed that Gerben's attentions were on something else and now her mind was trying to concentrate on the stranger that was prisoner of the blood wind. She could not move. It was as of her feet were planted into the earth to keep her upright but in place. Ground yourself... Her mind continued to echo and repeat. The young achadhiel's eyes drastically changed to a crystalline blue as she concentrated on saving Sebastian. Her eyes never leaving the form high up above the earth. She tried to use a shield of wind to surround him and to slow down the man's descent to the ground like an air bubble and then imagined her mind molding the earth beneath him to shoot upwards like a brown geyser to catch him while he floated down. If she managed either manipulation, Alexandrya would pull the earth back to lower Sebastian the rest of the way to the ground or to have him glide the rest of the way down.

Her thoughts were clear as she kept concentrating on the stranger. Her breathing slow as if in deep meditation. The earth that Gerben had manipulated seemed, at least in Alexandrya's mind, to give her strength as she called forth the element of wind and earth to assist her in saving that man.

Post by Guest »

Sebastian closed his eyes as he fell and rose at the mad man whim.

He could see the face of his mother as his thoughts keep him from the sad reality that played out around him. Her sweet smile, and sky blue eyes, the warmth of her of her loving embrace.

He could feel a warm embrace surrounding him. Could it be, now him mind and body seem to be floating.

He open his eyes to see a beautiful face with silver, white hair and a haunting set of gray eyes paste across the now calm sky.

"She has to be an angel."
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Chaos ruled! The heavens crashed down on earth - an angel might get caught up in the downpour. Still, the only tumbler in clear sight was Sebastian. Accompanying him down was a rather grand selection of debris, randomly selected from the objects along the red torrent's path. Sizable pieces of wood, roof tiles - whole and shattered, cloth - recognizable and in tatters, and random building materials restored to their virgin state filled the air around the flailing teen. Some overtook him in his crash course to earth, others seemed to gloat as Sebastian passed them by.

On the ground Callara watched the blonde figure plummet towards the world below. With her mind centered on her own innards, it took her a while to get her head around what was going on. As she moved the beads of her mind and soul from one side to the other of her inner abacus, the young Achadhiel tried to examine them, make sense of them. Did the total tot up? Her mind was still in so much turmoil and disarray that it was neigh impossible to determine whether or not a promise was kept. Something most definitely had changed. Whether or not Callara had gained or lost something could only be determined by thorough self examination.

The warm embrace Sebastian felt, was indeed a cup of wind created by Alexandrya's magic. It held him for a flicker, then burst. A shockwave followed, which send the rain of debris - escorting the young man's fall - spraying outwards to clatter down on the roof of the few remaining buildings. No more feelings of security; without the safety net woven of the flimsiest of wind magic, gravity grabbed Sebastian's ankles in earnest. A sudden tug released him from the last thread of the quickly dissipating cocoon.

A small dune of earth grew as tall as the sliver-hair who called it forth, disturbingly resembling a huge bear sniffing the air. Before any thoughts of satisfaction or glee could even think of entering Alexandrya's mind, the sandy mass slumped down behind the breastworks of rubble. With nothing to slow him down, Foxe thundered towards the tough Tazlurian crust. Hidden by mounds of debris his body slammed into it. Just before impact, his senses mercifully shut down, wrapping him in a dark shroud of unawareness. A strange gasp and thud accompanied the impact.

From behind her Gerben said: "Well done, Alazandra!" Undefined sentiments colored his words; sarcasm, glee, or something completely different?
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara watched the goings on in the street with a mixture of shock and confusion. She looked at it as if through a blur, a mist created by her own mind. She slumped down on the ground just inside the doorway, her mind just capable of enough logic to stay out of the rain of debris still clattering down on the cobblestones. On her knees she stopped trying to look around, as everything she saw just added to her confusion.

She closed her eyes and searched for that point of focus, that reference she needed to make sense of this change she felt within. She became growingly aware of the fact that she did feel different, as the headache subsided with the outside call for blood now gone. Blissfully blocking out all outside interferance she tried to calm herself, meditate. The fact she was in a street in the middle of a busy city didn't bother her at all.

"No one will bother me here."

She was after all in the center of the destructive mayhem which had wrecked large portions of this city her parents had deemed "safe". Safe it had been...not.

"What has changed, where is it hiding..."

Callara's Compendium

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

It was definitely not a walk in a park. The young achadhiel concentrated, her intense eyes never left the stranger as beads of sweat began to form from due to her exertion. You cannot fail! That man's life is in your hands! Her mind screamed as she tried to hold on to Sebastian. When Alazandra believed she had him, she felt relief but it was short-lived as the man momentarily floated downwards and then fell from her magical grasp. Noo!

Her body feeling battered with this new feeling even with her feet firmly planted in the ground. It is not enough! Tears started to trickle down her cheeks. She did what she could and she had failed as she watched in horror at the man's descent. Then she heard Gerben behind her, "Well done?" Her bright blue eyes caught the old man's, "How is that well done? He fell and he is probably dead!" Distress present in her voice as she made to run towards the fallen victim trying to be careful of the debris but still trying her best to get through it and find where the man had fallen. Please do not be dead...please. She begged as she gasped for air. All she could hear was the thundering of her heart beat as the adrenaline poured into her veins.

Post by Guest »

Sebastian's mind went into darkness, and thankfully did not register the pain his body had taken.

Wrapped in a warm cocoon of darkness, his mind drift to thoughts of the angel's face he saw across the sky. He could hear music playing in the background. He could see his mother's beautiful face pushing thorough the face of the angel. He watched her as she pointed to the ribbons of many colors dancing from the flow of the music.

"Have I gone mad." He knew his mother was dead, yet there she stood above him. Sebastian stood up, his body felt light, and he seem to float toward the ribbons.

When Sebastian went to reach for the black ribbon, his mother let out a wail that shook his soul. Sebastian quickly pull back his hand. He started to reach for a green ribbon, but before touching it he turn to look for his mother approval. She was gone. Once again Sebastian had lost his mother, once again the discission was his, and his alone to make.

Sebastian took hold of the green ribbon, and at once his body seem to jump to the beet of the music. He felt alive and could see the multi-colored ribbons as they danced with him, and around him. The ribbons surrounded him, they lifted him gentle into the air, and laid him softly back on the ground.

Once again Sebastian was surrounded in a warm cocoon of darkness, seeing the beautiful face of an angel.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Splinters of woodwork and crumbs of masonry made kneeling in the street a rather uncomfortable experience for Callara. They seemed intent on creating an intricate artwork of bruises and small cuts on her taut skin. Too engrossed with her inner workings, the half-Elf didn't notice the pain. As a small trickle of blood colored her fine embroidered stocking and skirt she did feel some of her inner strength leak away.

Kneeling in a street usually bustling with people, she came to appreciate the full meaning of 'the quiet after the storm'. As the tranquility brutally forced upon Roque surrounded her, Callara leafed through the pages of her memory and ability. Most seemed to be there, some - oddly enough - seemed to have a corner creased, as if marked for closer inspection or future use. Her analytical skill, mindcraft and philosophic ideas, amongst others, had been marked. These signs left no doubt that someone had been there. The visit had altered Callara, that was certain. But what exactly had changed kept eluding her. As a slim figure, tailed by a cloud of silver white hair sped past, it became neigh impossible to examine herself further.

As Alazandra ran off towards the fallen angel, Gerben shrugged and parked his bum right then and there. His eyes followed the Achadhiel as she steeplechased towards the point of impact. "Yes, well done..."

A human shaped hole indicated where Sebastian Foxe had chosen to leave his mark in Roque d'Ancourt. The closer Alexandrya came, the more details revealed themselves to her. Only a foot deep, the indentation wasn't able to hide the young man's body from her blue eyes anymore. Sebastian seemed whole! He did lie unnaturally still though. Was that a quivering eyelash? Around the hole an area had been cleared of all the small traces of devastation as if young Foxe's last breath had huffed and puffed them away. As Alexandrya stepped closer her feet sank into the soil beneath. A rather unflattering sound accompanied the phenomenon; as if she flattened a whoopee cushion with her shoes.

"Wake him up, will you!" Yelled Gerben. "We don't have time for this circus. Things to do, people to help..." His words trailed off, murmuring something about 'kids'.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Please be all right. She thought to herself as she scrambled over debris. Alazandra's legs felt rubbery as she steadied herself and took a breath. "Sir..." PPPFFFFFFFFFFFT! Eyes widened at the obnoxious sound and she looked down at the strange sounding ground finding the soil a bit odd and then laughed softly. Gerben...no wonder he was not concerned.

She heard the old man yell over towards them, but her eyes did not budge from Sebastian's face. "Sir?" She had no idea how to addressed him and moved a bit closer to nudge the stranger. "Are you alive?" She continued softly as her voice trembled with concern. Not really having any formal training she would not know what to look for in a person that had fallen from such height her stormy grey eyes saw no blood. What was a good sign, right?

Her hands pushed against his arm and again she spoke, "Sir, please wake up." The situation was so much more desperate than the moment when she had kissed Jonah awake. Jonah...I hope you are all right.

The man looked like he was sleeping or was dead. She put a hand on his chest to see if it woudl raise and fall and to assess that he at least was breathing. "Wake UP!" She then said a bit forcefully knowing that Gerben was correct, this chaos was not over.

Post by Guest »

Sebastian laid there in the darkness staring at the face of an angel. Then from out of the darkness he thought he heard a soft voice asking him to wake up. "No not yet." "Besides it was warm and quite here."

Sebastian laid still, until he heard a shape, more forceful, voice commanding him to wake up. With that he forced his eyes wide open.

The light stabbed at his eyes. At first all Sebastian could see was a flood of white, then slowly he could see the frame work of a face. First into focus was the silver white hair, then the soft grey eyes. Much to his surprise, he realized it was the face of the angel.

All Sebastian could do was stare.

Then the pain that his body had taken was starting to register from point all around his body. Sebastian managed to point to where the house once stood. "A man...under desk...help him."

"I sleep for now." Sebastian smiled, and closed his eyes.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The achadhiel watched as the man that had fallen from miles above the earth looked as if he was woken up prematurely and forcefully being sent outside. Of course, just leaving him out there to sleep something off like a vagrant was not the thing to do but who was she to argue with him.

She stood up and sighed deeply out of relief. The man had stated that there was someone underneath a desk in the house that he had managed to point at and looked towards Gerben. Perhaps his son is still alive?

As the one called Alazandra turned about to head back to Gerban, she hid a smile which was the product of a wickedly playful thought which had begun to form. She tried to prevent herself from imagining a cup of ice cold water being splashed in the stranger's face to wake him up but it was not safe to take a nap out in the middle of the Roque while that monster was still running loose.

Instead of wasting anymore time, Alazandra headed back to Gerben, "That stranger spoke of a man that is underneath a desk in that house." She pointed to the same house that Sebastian had before he went back to sleep. "We also need to find out where that thing is hiding..."

As Alazandra stood before Gerben, it seemed like it was the second time she had held out her hand out to assist the old man to stand up. "We can see if that man is dead or we can find the one who killed him." She spoke and then included, "I have no medical training so I could not save the man's life if he is injured badly but as you said we should not waste anymore time."

She was not done, "You also need to tell me about this Blue Parrot? You had said that it was what he is seeking...who?" Why was interrogating him felt as slow as trying to get someone to open their mouth to pull teeth? She thought to herself and sighed, "Gerben, you need to be more forthcoming with your information and I know you have a lot more knowledge of what just went down than anyone else. I am trying my best."

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”