Summoning: In His Element? - Samheen 28th MT

Moderator: Mods

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Octava looked up from the scrolls he was sifting through and sighed. "The Storm Spirit wished to become more than it was. I imbued it with a small measure of fire energy. If the flames don't consume it, it will come to control it and will be able to range from summer monsoon to frigid snowstorm." Octava shook its head. "It was a risk taker like you. What it wanted might destroy it, but should it surivive it will learn and become more that it ever though it could become."

Octava looked at Morgan for a long moment and then waved his hand in dismissal. "Run along, Morgan, and meditate upon what you have learned as you clean the top of the tower. If you do not make these mistakes again then the experience was worth it. You can repay your debt to me later in the fullness of time."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Morgan nodded resolutely. It wasn't a good reception, but it wasn't a bad reception either... so it was as good as he could have hoped for. "Yes, Professor. On my way." He almost turned to leave then, but first added a quick but heartfeld "Thank you."

Going back up the tower was a test of Morgan's legs. Though he was physically fine, his muscles felt surprisingly fatigued - and his leg muscles had developed considerably since moving into the University with its myriad staircases that had to be negotiated if he wanted to get anywhere at all. It seemed like it took marks to reach the top.

Once there, however, he set about his task with dogged determination, first attuning himself to the Aether and checking for any magical residue from the confrontation, then devoting himself to sweeping up the coloured sands and the burned-out residue from the brazier he'd knocked over. Foolishly, he hadn't taken any cleaning gear up with him, so he used his hands and his handkerchief to brush up the substances and loaded them into the bowls used during the ritual. If this didn't prove enough, Morgan was prepared to use a cord or two of water or air energy to finish the clean-up - although using the air, in particular, would bring back recent and painful memories.

When doing the mundane tasks, though, Morgan simply cleared his mind and let the facts and feelings sort themselves out. He'd failed where he could have succeeded... he was disappointed in himself... the Professor was (surely) disappointed in him. He'd learned how not to fight Storm Spirits... he'd learned how not to work with wards... and he'd learned how to create a portal to the Aether (in theory, at least, even if he didn't know the names of half the energies needed to do so). Most importantly, maybe, he'd been brought down a peg or two. Magic hadn't made him invincible. Not yet. He still believed that it could, though, and maybe it would. If he didn't get killed in the process, at least.

(OOC: Feel free to wrap this up, boss, unless you have something else planned...?)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

When Morgan reached the top of the tower, he found a broom, mop and bucket waiting for him. In fact, they popped into appearance as Morgan cleared the last step. Octava might have been disappointed but he still looked out for his apprentice. The mess took some time to clear away but it yielded to elbow grease and a thread or two of magic. The inscribed circle needed a little bit of repair but nothing that Morgan could not handle. Morgan was free to rest and prepare for what was to come.

Fin Never use air against a storm spirit and never get involved in a land war in Asia. Octava Points of Wisdom #13 and #78.
Last edited by Tristam on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread skilled!
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”