i aten't ded ~ Sam 27th, MT

Moderator: Mods

Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

i aten't ded ~ Sam 27th, MT

Post by Becca Acerbi »

All things considered, Becca had come out of her run in with the spider better than anyone could hope. Only bruises and scrapes and a cut on her ankle. The fact that one of those bruises was on her forehead for the world to see, and the cut on her ankle was gonna hurt like HELL when the salve wore off was irrelevant. As was the fact that she was even considering being miffed at being the only one actually injured.

That was the thought she'd held in mind as she went to sleep. It was a little hard to remember it when she woke up stiff and aching.

She still felt achey a mark later, when she'd finally managed to get clean and dressed, but with the added complication of limping to Professor Imrelinda's study without actually putting any weight on her bad ankle. Just so she didn't have to find out if the salve had worn off. She had places to go today! People to annoy! Professors to appear in front of so they didn't go and shout at Mister Motricé without her!

(OOC: Yes, I know the thread from yesterday's still open. Making this so she CAN actually come and yatter at Imrelinda when that thread's over... If that makes any sense at all?)
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: You are allowed more than one thread, Becca, and I don't foresee any time knots. Post to both as you wish.

Becca arrived at the Professor's door and found her usual illusion ward up to keep away the riff-raff. Having been through it once before and knowing that she was not currently on the riff-raff list, Becca saw through the ward easily and opened the true door into Imrelinda's study.

The arch little professor was sitting behind her desk cradling a cup in her hands. The tea in the cup lookd untouched. Imrelinda gazed sadly at the empty chair on the other side of her desk, the one which Arden was sitting in when Becca first met the pair of Professors. A few flickers passed before Imrelinda turned her head and noticed that Becca had entered.

"Good morning, Miss Accerbi." Imrelinda greeted her distractedly. She seemed about to say more but then her eyes narrowed and focused in on the bruise. "How did you hurt your head, Becca?" She asked.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca hesitated in the doorway, looking at the little tableau with something dangerously close to guilt squeezing at her heart.

'Peckerton.' she resolved finally. 'I'll go pester him after this. Either he can tell me Arden's spoken to him, or he can point me towards people who might be able to find him.' The possibility that he couldn't - or wouldn't - do either flickered to mind, as did the possibility that Arden was... No. He'd be fi - well, fine was a little much to hope for, but in as few pieces as possible just about scraped believable. There was something about seeing the professor looking forlorn that turned her black little heart over.

Becca managed a smile at the Professor, trying to push the thoughts away, and limped over to the desk. "I didn't hurt my head. Where there's no sense there's no feeling, so..." She made a show of knocking on her skull - as far away from the bruise or any tender spots as she could. "Are you going to actually drink that? I always thought cold tea tasted disgusting myself, but..."

She didn't take Arden's chair - provoking Imrelinda into a more normal state of mind didn't include winding her up that badly, and despite any lack of tact the girl wasn't that crass - but leaned against the desk instead. "You remember we had a discussion about someone thinking they could do better than the University yesterday?" Becca held her arms out to the sides. "As you can see, I'm concious and only bruised - well, apart from this stupid ankle, but that was self inflicted so it's my own stupid fault - so really, no, he couldn't do better than the University." Becca sighed theatrically. "I told you Mister Motricé was a jinx."

She paused for a few seconds, considering. The best way she'd found to get someone focusing back on the real world was pique their curiosity. The bruise had started things off, but she wanted Imrelinda focusing on the real world, not on... Well. Not on missing people.

Nodding to herself and plastering a crooked grin on her face, Becca demanded "Did you know that Pan's Temple was infested by giant insects? Well, I say that - two giant ants that I saw, one nest of on-their-way-to-being-giant ants that got fried, and one giant spider that seemed to think I was the right size to be eaten." The girl huffed indignantly. "And on top of all that, I'm the only one that got injured, and half of it was self inflicted! Not that anyone's surprised by that, we all know stupidity's my stock in trade, but still..."

'Come on Professor. Less of the distraction. I'm an egotistical little wretch, I want you paying attention to ME, not being sad. There's no way for me to cheer you up if you're sad. So come on, show a little interest...'
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Imrelinda looked down at her tea cup at Becca's question as if noticing it for the first time. She concentrated for a moment on the cup and steam began rising from the liquid. "A wizard does not drink cold tea unless she wants to." She observed and took a sip.

She continued to sip her tea as Becca haphazardly told her story about Pan's Temple. Imrelinda treated Becca to several looks over the rim of the cup and only once looked over to Arden's chair or was it the bookcase behind it she gazed at?

Either way, Imrelinda placed her teacup down on her desk as Becca paused. "I think you need to begin at the beginning, apprentice, starting with what brought you to the Temple of Pan in the first place. In fact, let's combine this with your lessons." She decided.

"As you tell me the story with your stories, try to show me the story with your illusions." Imrelinda instructed. "I don't need the full puppet show, but I think I need to see what you encountered with my own eyes."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca smiled and shook her head, feeling rather like a mother or something. Professors, honestly! "Well that's good news, isn't it? Now I just need to figure out how to do it." Although, reheated tea... Surely there'd be something wrong with the taste? Apparantly not - or at least if there was Imrelinda had got used to it.

"I knew I should've told you the whole thing straight in the first place..." Becca groaned, lowering herself to her knees and folding her arms on the desk. "Nope, had to go for the head-injury ramblings, didn't I?"

The girl frowned slightly, thinking hard. Telling the story she could do, but Imrelinda didn't want to see everything - for which Becca was eternally greatful - so she had to pick out the details that Imrelinda needed to see. Bugger.

"I showed you the invitation yesterday, didn't I?" She reached to the Aether, tugging down the books from yesterday - the blue scrolls of air and the one of light. Once she had them both, the girl paused for thought. "If you don't want the whole puppet show, how much do you want to see? Bearing in mind that this does get strange, and the balls up I made of that cabinet yesterday?" Becca started folding the pages as she asked, shaping the cup from Pan's temple, working the air in with light as she'd done in her last lesson. She was almost surprised at how clearly she could remember that cup - right down to the smear of blood on the inside, and the trickle of chicken stew. It was just a question of actually shaping it right, smoothing things out and correcting them when she went wrong.

(OOC: Oh man. I'm really sorry about the wait, but I had a MAJOR block on what the hell Becs would show her. I think it shows, doesn't it?)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"I suspect the images of last night will be quite clear in your mind." Imrelinda said dryly. "It is often easier to craft illusions of specific things you know than generic items you try to create on the spot. Besides, the whole point is for you to become better at these things. Practice, practice and more practice."

"Now as for what I would like to see. Show me what attacked you and how you tried to defend yourself." Imrelinda instructed. "I will be better able to critique your technique if I can see the results as well as hear you describe them."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Archived by player request.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”