PI : Chyril 22nd ET ~ By starlight you shall be seen

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

PI : Chyril 22nd ET ~ By starlight you shall be seen

Post by Guest »

It was a wall of shadow darker than the wastes between the stars. She was encircled by the dead black night under the canopy where even the heat of the day cast nothing but grey twilight upon the forest floor. Here the line of trees broke and allowed some little starlight to pierce the ceiling - filling this one oasis and glistening on the wet rocks, making them as glass in the moonlight. She lay on the banks of the pool, staring at the mirrored stars beneath her, the moon adrift on inky waters.

Her chest was on fire, exhaustion burned in every muscle. She had pushed herself too far, flown further and faster than she ever had before, racing the flaming chariot of the sky. It had cost her and now she lay wasted upon her cloak of feathers. Ceris focused on her breathing, filling her lungs trying to quieten the screaming pain from her limbs. She tried to remember Ventalla's direction; put the pain aside and will life into muscles on the verge of collapse. It was nothing, just fatigue. A little rest would see her right as rain. A little rest and some food, She had not been able to forage all day and her stomach ached almost as furiously as the rest of her body.

She rolled onto her back, her cloak soft against her skin. She closed her eyes and let herself sink into her meditations. Her skin cooled at the kiss of the wind curling over her hips bringing with it the mist from the falls on the far side of the glade. The night air still sang with the heat of the day not yet chased away by the crisp moonlight. She could lie forever here, in this place at this time. She smiled and let the thought drift into nothing. Her mind at peace she tried to sense how exhausted she truely was, guage just how much she could squeeze from her body. She had further yet to travel.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

A favorable wind had been with Ceris since she left Citadel. She was no hawk or eagle to glide long on the breezes but still it sped her along her way, allowing her to beat the night and arrive at her destination in one passage of the sun. She was utterly exhausted and Ventalla's training in knowing her own body confirmed it. Ceris had stretched herself too far. Still, her meditations allowed her to rest without sinking into full slumber. With a mark's rest, Ceris could manage a walk to seek some food or better shelter.

Ceris had barely made it to the isle before the change came over her. She passed over a sandy beach before landing hard in the scrubby forest beyond. It was her good fortune to find the pool there to cushion her fall instead of a hard tree trunk or barren rock.

Only a few burns passed before Ceris heard a rustling in the trees. More than most, Ceris knew the sounds of a bird moving through leaves. Abruptly that sound ended and was replaced by a bell like giggle. "That was quite an entrance." A female voice remarked from above her, somewhere in the tress. "Did you mean to land like that?"
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

Ceris was stunned, the very nature of the question paralyzed her. Someone had seen her change, her secret was out, and they thought it funny? Not mystical or awe inspiring but comic. There was no mob here, no cages as she had been led to believe - the very first time someone saw her morph and they had giggled.

"I... erm... what?" Was all Ceris could manage. Who the hell was talking from the trees? She couldn't see anyone and all she had heard was the rustling of feathers. A kanthrop? So soon? Perhaps an Adhiel, their people were fey and they did love their trees. "I didn'treally have time for aesthetics." Ceris would have put more venom into it but she was way too tired. She very quickly however became aware that she was naked and glanced around to see where she had dropped her satchel before rolling to her knees and stooping to pick it up. She unfurled the silken robe and slipped into it, tying it off at the waist. She quickly checked to make sure that nothing else had been lost from the journey and slipped Ventalla's pendant about her neck.

"You can come down if you want." Ceris called, slipping her mantreau veren into the satchel.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Yes, I suppose I could at that." The voice agreed. "But then I couldn't play the being of mystery now could I?" She giggled once more. "Then again, I got to see you. I suppose its only fair that I return the favor."

The tree branches that she rested on flipped up and rustled as she floated down. She stood about three hands tall with a heart shaped face and a curvy body. The diminutive lady wore a cape of brilliant red feathers over a form fitting dress that shimmered like rainbows as she moved. "I dare not hope that my entrance was the equal of yours but I feel sure you agree it was stunning in its own way." She smiled. "I am Whimsicality P. Delphinium but you may call me Whimsy." Whimsy flitted closer to study Ceris more closely. She moved like a butterfly but Ceris could see no wings. "And you are?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

"That's a neat trick." Ceris remarked full of curiosity, noting Whimsy's decent. Definately not an Adhiel... A kanthrop perhaps? She had not yet seen one or seen a faithful recording of their countenance... perhaps some other fey creature? She was exhausted, too tired for the usual bright and friendly response she would usually give. Ceris grinned lackadaisically, she was enchanted by this new creature but far too tired to have any excitement about it. Slowly she dropped her satchel on the floor and sat upon it, reclining back on her arms.

"Ceris," She smiled, meeting Whimsy's eyes. "Just arrived from Citadel. Im a bit tired so I appologise if I seem taciturn." She tried to place her host

"Where abouts am I?" She asked, looking up at the stars. The dark light of dusk had not really let her get a lay of the land and she had forgotten totally about Ventalla's map.
Last edited by Guest on Thu May 03, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Well you're on Pan's Isle of course." Whimsy informed her. "Um let's see. I never was any good with landmarks that you tall ones would notice." Whimsy turned slowly around while she considered the situation. "Well the sun comes up in that direction," Whimsy pointed to the sea on her right, "if that helps you any. The portal is that way," Whimsy pointed to the north, "and beyond that is where the Panling's settled in the fringes of our woods. Seinor, they call it." Whimsy wrinkled her nose in mild distaste at the name.

"I came down here to get a little peace and quiet and more importantly some ripe gorseberries." She smiled. "They only grow out here for some reason. Just can't get them in the forest. I had just found a bush of them when you dropped in. Would you like some?" She offered.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Post by Guest »

At least I landed on the right bloody island

Ceris smiled and let her head fall back to rest on the nape of her neck. The silk was getting wet in the mist from the falls, clinging to her skin. Now that she no longer needed fear the cold grip of the sea she could travel the rest of the way at her leisure. Certainly there was no call to travel any further tonight. She looked up at the diminutive figure, she had to be too small to be a Kanthrop, interesting though - a faery?.

"Gorseberries?" She repeated, curious. "Certainly, you are most kind." she smiled, wondering what she was accepting. Ceris rolled onto her knees and began rummaging through her satchel, stumbling as she did so across Ventalla's spell and the map which she withdrew, placing them on her lap. "I don't have anything in return I'm afraid - couldn't fit much in the bag." Ceris cursed herself, she had not packed any food. It would be a hungry night, at least come the morning she could peruse the foliage.

"I like the sound of some peace and quiet." Ceris joked, "But I'm more than grateful for the company." She flashed a grin at Whimsy whilst scanning over the cantrip. It seemed simple enough, perhaps later once she had a little more rest and a clearer head she would give it a shot. Ceris cocked her head, regarding the individual before her.

"I don't wish to seem rude, but I don't think I have ever seen one of your kind before Whimsy..." Ceris hoped she would fill in the details. It was not every day a being of the forest offered you gorseberries. At least not in Islay.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

OOC: Locked, due to player inactivity - PM from player confirming this.
Finley Ward
Retired staff

Post by Finley Ward »

Skillzed and archived.

Return to “Aveas Archive”