Terra Incognita OOC

Moderator: Mods

Morg

Terra Incognita OOC

Post by Morg »

Hello to all players in Sabata and the Sands! I'm your new co-ordinator. I've got a hell of a lot of great modding to live up to, so I hope I won't disappoint you too greatly. :? After a lot of reading up, I think I've now got a handle on most of Terra Incognita's happenings, so from now on you can expect 2-3 posts a week from me, if all goes well. :)

Anyhow, feel free to ask any questions you have, or talk among yourselves, or hurl abuse at me, in this thread!
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Post by Guest »

Welcome Morgan! Thanks so much for stepping in :) . Treat him well guys. Girls - do what you want. :twisted:

It's nice to see it up and moving again.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

*pokes her head around the door*

Ohhhh, TI looks shinytempting right now. Congratulations on the modding gig Morgan! And Talanwei too. :D
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

I'm havin fun for sure! Thanks Lio! :wink:
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

You know that your all doomed right ? Sand Sun and Dragons is a bad combination. (Especially with these mod's and supporters)

:twisted:
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Morg

Post by Morg »

You think? :oops: But we're Team Nice over here! We just want to develop Sabata into Tazlure's premier world class holiday resort! :lilangel:

Oh yeah. And you forgot Djinn. :twisted:
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Nice ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you guys are Good.... but not like angles ..... Evil angels maybe though..

And Djinn, I don't drink so they stay in their bottles anyway.

:twisted:
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Morg

Post by Morg »

A merry festive season to all players in Terra Incognita! Sorry about the wait for posts... I'm home for the holidays and have been finding that relaxing and doing things with the family have taken up more time than I thought they would. Normality should be resumed when we get into January, though. In the meantime, have a great Christmas and New Year, everyone!

:bday: :drinking: :bday: :x-mas:

Post by Guest »

Kal'essen. :)

Post by Guest »

Hello all!

I have reactivated this character, so I wantded to drop a post here to let everyone know. Calvin is currently living in the desert with the PotS, but Sabata is easy to reach should anyone want to do some RPing. I'm a little rusty, but I should be getting back up to snuff once things get rolling.

~Cal
Morg

Post by Morg »

Kal'essen, my lovely desert friends,

I've got an announcement for you... one that isn't easy to come out with. As of today, I'm stepping down as coordinator of Terra Incognita.

I don't want to get all gushy about it, but when I took on the task, almost exactly six months ago, I was bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and straight out of the modding seminar. I took a look at TI, which at that time was needing a new coordinator, and thought: "Hmm, that looks cool. Maybe I'll step in and play around a bit." I had little idea just how much I'd come to love the place. I really feel like I've made it my own, and leaving it in anyone else's hands and moving on is going to be a real challenge.

The good news is that I can't imagine a better successor than the man who's stepped up to the task... a man who needs no introduction. That's right, folks: as of now, your coordinator is the illustrious Grant. I'd like to wish him the very best as he moves his mighty feet into my insignificantly sized shoes, and I'm absolutely sure that he'll raise the bar and provide you with even more challenging and enjoyable content to sink your character's teeth into!

I'd like to think that some of you had at least as much fun in the Sands as I did. It's certainly grown since I took it on at the beginning of November, from one of Tazlure's smallest locations to one of its largest (rivalling Dort for third most players after the Citadel and WM). For those of you who've only been around since the Super Sync, I really regret not having the time to get to know you any better, but I hope your first steps on sandy ground have been comfortable and interesting ones. :) Thanks, everyone, for making my time in the Sands so enjoyable... and particular thanks to my minions, Ilaria and Talanwei, who saved my head from exploding due to excess threadload and who have been a fun sounding board for new ideas as well as presenting some interesting new content themselves.

I'm not disappearing entirely; I won't go back to being a guarrdi. ;) I'm stepping up my activities in World's Mouth and becoming the coordinator of that location, but you can rest assured that I'll be following everything that happens in Sabata and the Sands with interest. So all that's left is to wish you all the very best for the future - and happy writing!

- Morg.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Thanks, Morgan!

Over the last six months, Terra Incognita (ie, "The Sands") has enjoyed the benefits of Morgan's exceptional attention to detail, his magnificent organization skills, and his brilliant writing...and I know you'll all be sorry to see him go. I can only hope to carry on the methods and traditions he's evolved and refined...and I hope you'll have some patience with me as I struggle to "hit the mark" correctly.

Don't expect any cataclysmic or monumental changes in style or approach: I intent to follow in Morgan's footsteps as closely as I can and to continue the evolution of The Sands seamlessly. Don't hesitate for a moment to PM me with any concerns or thoughts regarding your pcs, their situations and directions, or any other environmental issues or concerns. My in-box is always open (though it does sometimes fill!).

Good luck, and I'll see you IC!
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant
Jack Farrell
Civus

Post by Jack Farrell »

our father.. who art in heaven...
Ilaria da'Margeir.
Special Branch

Post by Ilaria da'Margeir. »

Good luck with WM! It's been fun, and hopefully all will still go according to plan :twisted:
Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.

Veritas vos liberabit

Image is copyright Electra and www.project812.com

Post by Guest »

Hi Grant! :D Great to have you back around although I'm not sure whether to squee with delight or hide behind Ilaria right now... guess I'll do both.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Hello all!

Pardon my scarcity last week! A few legal problems upon return from jolly Eng-land...but nothing a little time and money can't fix ;) For your viewing pleasure, I give you the finally final, initial version one, deliberately obscure "map" of Sabata!!

Right here!

Let there be drunken celebrations!! Maybe I'll manage to get it into the wiki this weekend?
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant

Post by Guest »

Hello all. Just letting you know that I'm officially putting H'saan on hiatus for a number of reasons. Hope to be writing him again by December.

Return to “The Sands Archive”