DK: The Lake of Draz-Olgraith (Chyril 22nd, ET)

Moderator: Mods

Morg

Post by Morg »

The place was a curious combination of Aether and Tether. Between the incredible Aetheric potency of the prison itself and the power of the ancient dragon, an atmosphere had been created at which two worlds could collide. The prison, and the lake itself, existed simultaneously in the real world and in the world of dreams.

Although highly uncommon, there were other such locations in Tazlure... God's Peak, to name but one example, where the fury of Dominicus had obliterated the adhiel who had dared to stand against them... and each was bound, in the minds of those who lived in the region, to a terrible, cataclysmic event. Such places were the birthing ground of legends.

The orb of lightning remained between the dragon's foreclaws as the great lizard listened to the human's response. Its form fluctuated only mildly. Whatever emotions Draz-Olgraith was feeling, the fear that Amica was working to overcome did not count among them. All that was visible in his yellow eyes was the limitlessly arrogant amusement with which the ancient dragons so often regarded the shorter-lived creatures of Tazlure.

I WAS THE STORM.

I HAD LEGIONS OF YOU UNDER MY SPELL, AND LEGIONS OF MY LESSER KIN. WITH A WORD I COULD HAVE MADE YOU LOVE ME WITH ABANDON - MADE YOU DO MY BIDDING WITHOUT QUESTION. WHEN I ALLOWED YOU TO THINK OF OTHERS, YOU WOULD HAVE HATED THEM AS I HATED THEM.

AND... THE LAST TIME I HAD EATEN WAS MILLENNIA AGO. I YEARNED TO DEVOUR YOU, BODY AND SOUL. HAD I BUT WISHED IT, YOU WOULD HAVE COME WILLINGLY.

BUT I WOULD NEITHER COMMAND NOR CONSUME YOU. WHY?

The glittering dragon glared balefully down at the young shaman.

TWO THINGS.

FIRST: YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN RELEASE ME FROM THIS PLACE.

SECOND: YOU BELIEVE THAT I... COULD PROVIDE SOMETHING THAT YOU WANT.

AND NOW YOU WILL EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

There was no hint of magical compulsion in Draz-Olgraith's tempestuous voice. Only a smug, loaded certainty.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Guido Cercatoro
Moderator & Coordinator Pax

Post by Guido Cercatoro »

Archived as no posts for three months.

Return to “The Sands Archive”