Bardic College...Entrance Chyril 23

Moderator: Mods

Bardic College...Entrance Chyril 23

Post by Guest »

How may I help you? ........There are no concerts schueduled for today. Miraposa Sunspring heard that, but said, "I'm not here for a concert. I'm here to learn, and get my license. I'm Mirapaosa Sunspring. Could you help me, sir?" Miraposa hoped she wasn't asking too much. She just wanted to be a successful bard. She had left her family, her father with his library, her mother with her tarts, her sister Anya, her brother Tom, now she was in the world, lookinh to start her career. How would this go? It never even crossed her mind that she might not be succesful. she wouldn't let it. Now, she just had to hope this man could help her.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

OOC: Sorry about the wait. Not sure how this slipped through.

The man or rather boy behind the desk could hardly be called sir, but he did smile at the newcomer and nodded rather vigorously. "Well, I sure as hell can try to help you, miss. So, you want to become a bard is it?" He hummed for a flicker and leaned forward to peek around her, trying to catch a glimpse of any kind of instrument she was carrying. "Well, license would be fairly easy to obtain provided you have at least passable skill at some form of entertainment. We can arrange for a test and if both senior bards are happy with your performance you will get your license." The young man shrugged and went on. "As for learning, that is where you have to aid yourself. We do not offer lessons in the classical way. merely a place where guild members can share their knowledge with those willing to learn. So, all you have to do is find a teacher willing to pass his skill and listen to his lessons. Might I inquire what exactly is your specialty? I might know of a few names from the guild who are in the city at this time."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

"Well, I play the violin, and I can sing, dance, and write poetry. I hope I can do this right." Miraposa began wondering if their were others who were better at this kind of thing at her age. She was good...but was she good enough? No..she thought. Think optimistic...I am good enough..I hope..
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The boy almost winced at the mention of violin, a look akin to pity crossing his features for a flicker. "Violin..... Well, that might be a bit of a problem, since Master Andorian is usually the one teaching the use of stringed instruments. And he.... Well, he is a wonderful artist and very, very talented, but his temper is.... well, not non-existent, but very, very short. He is known to scream and yell, and even hit students if he thinks they are not trying hard enough. But, he teaches for free and if anyone can teach you how to be a master then it would be him. He should be here tomorrow at Tradetide and you can ask him if he will take you as a student then." He smiled. "With the singing you are in far better luck. We have two Masters holding lessons at the Guildhall. Mistress Ginny Ekrub and Master Mikeal Xandor. I believe she is having a lesson later today, while Master Xandor won't be around till day after tomorrow. They are both wonderful teachers."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

"I'll attend Mistress Ekrub's lesson. And hopefully Master Andorian will take me on...I'm sure he's a charming person at heart." Deep down, Miraposa was scared already of the man. But she always though optimisticly...How else would she get by?
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The young man burst into chuckle at the mention of Master Andorian's heart, shaking his head in slight disbelief. "Oh, I am sure he had a heart once, but it turned into a cold lump of steel ages ago." Another chuckle before he wiped a tear from the corner of the eye. "But, I will get you all worried and scared of the man. He will teach, you, and you will do fine as long as you don't expect him to compliment you on your skill and tell you how good you are. He will point out your flaws without mercy, but he will provide you with ways to eliminate them. But, on the other hand he does not expect you to love him, just to respect him so you will be fine."

Post by Guest »

"I can manage that. And if his heart were really steel...he'd be dead." said Mira, though after pondering, she tried to think of something different. This would work out fine...Soon she'd have her license! And she'd bea real bard! She met so many...now to be one herself!
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The smile her joke earned Miraposa was half-hearted at best, but it was there. The boy's eyes were on her, as he awaited her next request, for surely she had something more to add since she lingered there. As silence fell, the young man's attention was drawn to a corner, a low, frantic buzz drawing his eyes to a spider's web that clung there. A fly struggled to free itself, each and every motion only entangling it more and more, its wings beating furiously. From the corner approached the killer, master of the web, his eight legs carefully weaving its way towards the soon to be devoured prey. The fly would no longer be a fly, but was about to be turned into a meal for the merry, little spider.

Post by Guest »

"What time s Mistress Erkrub's lesson?" she asked. Noticing the boy's seemingly blank stare, she worried she had become boring. Oh dear..Mira couldn't be boring! Her life's hoal was to be the exact opposite! Oh no! She became worried..
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"Mistress Ekrub's lesson is on the third mark of Tradetide today. She is usually very punctual, but she won't mind if you are a few burns late." The boy shrugged, not bothering to repeat that same did not apply to Andorian's lessons, and that the man expected his students to arrive before he did, and a rumor went that a man had a clock up his arms and that constant clicking and churning made him so punctual, but also so grumpy.

Post by Guest »

"Thank you!" said Miraposa , hearing all she needed to her. She began backing away. Third mark of tradetide...
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"You are welcome. Perhaps we shall meet again." The boy smiled and returned to his desk, pulling out a pen and licking its tip, leaving a thin black stain on the lower lip, deep in thought over something. From time to time his lips moved, though he moved to scribble a couple of words each time his face lit up. The way he held the papers prevented Miraposa from spying what it was he was doing, though he did not try too hard to hide it.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Archived due to lack of activity.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”