A Rude Awakening - Chyril 23rd MT

Moderator: Mods

Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

A Rude Awakening - Chyril 23rd MT

Post by Corbin Dillon »

OOC: Something of a placeholder until someone comes back into town ;).

Corbin rolled over in his bed, asleep. His hand fell out from beneath him and struck the floor. As it did so he jerked awake, his body tensing before he realised he was not, in fact, in imminent danger but in bed. He rolled over onto his back and gazed at the ceiling. He was not hungover, probably due to the exertions of the last night. He had, of course, had to wash quite viciously before going to bed - the smell of the sewers would have kept him awake and ruined the fragrance in his room.

He put his hands behind his head as he gazed up, and thought on what he needed to do later on today - speak with Professor Moore.
Tilha O`Renimin
Civus

Post by Tilha O`Renimin »

OOC: Done :)
IC:

The ball of light led Tilha to the dormitories before disappearing in front of one of the doors.

Corbin could hear a urgent knock on his door, followed by a soprano voice with a trace of Dortenese accent.
"Master Dillon? I need to talk with you."

As soon as he would aknowledge it, the young girl would continue in a lower tone.
"Tilha here. You remember me? Went with you to find Samantha, last Samheen.
We've got a common friend in trouble."
And I'd like to know what you know about yesterday's inferno, but that can wait.
Last edited by Tilha O`Renimin on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][i]"Be guided by your heart and your faith."[/i] - Abbot O'Shea 8th teaching[/size]
[size=75]Avatar from [url=http://www.allavatars.com/]www.allavatars.com[/url][/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin's peaceful recline was interrupted by an urgent knock on the door. A damsel in distress no doubt, Corbin reflected with a little chuckle to himself. Or more likely someone wanting to know why he had been back so late.

"Come in." He said, sitting up in his bed, his blankets covering his lower-half, but leaving his toned, and in places scarred, torso exposed, curls of hair spread across it.

He was rather surprised when the guest turned out to be a young lady of his acquaintance, rather than an elderly wizard.

"Oh yes, of course I remember you Tilha." He began, prepared to enquire about how she was, before she continued.

"A common friend in trouble?" He asked with a frown. "Who the devil might that be?" He said, hoping it would not be Samantha again. Or indeed anyone at the hands of the murderer that he still believed to prowl the streets.
Tilha O`Renimin
Civus

"Well, not exactly a friend, I barely know her, but she trusts me to get your help. Can I speak freely here?" She asked, closing the door behind her.
When agreed, Tilha would continue in one shot.
"It's Myris. She's not exactly in trouble, except that she ran away and her father is looking for her. But she said her friend Tiffany has disappeared, and she needs some help to find her. We've arranged to meet now at the Dragon."

The young girl breathed before adding.
"There's something more. She also asked me to tell you that Adessa has gone missing. I've got no other details."
Shall we go?
While explaining, she looked intently at his face. These people were only names for her. Did they mean something to him?
Hopefully, in any case, Corbin would agree to help. The one she had met three months ago would not have let two women missing, especially with the last news about the slayer return!
[size=84][i]"Be guided by your heart and your faith."[/i] - Abbot O'Shea 8th teaching[/size]
[size=75]Avatar from [url=http://www.allavatars.com/]www.allavatars.com[/url][/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

"More women missing you say?" Corbin asked rhetorically as he stroked his jaw thoughtfully. "Now, I am not sure who this Myris is, or indeed Tiffany. Though of course I will help find her." Corbin said.

The next name, however, was certainly known to him - indeed he wore her locket around her neck.

"Adessa?" Corbin asked with surprise. "Good heavens. I have no idea how she would have managed that - when last I saw her she was still effectively a captive of her father. And by all accounts he is not one to cross. Do they think she has been kidnapped? Or gone missing on her own? I imagine their are some servants who are wishing they had been more careful." Corbin said, recalling the less than pleasant tales he had heard tell about Lord Anghiril.

"I can not come immediately - I have to see my Professor. But I will come as soon as that is done." Corbin vowed. "Wait for me there and I will come as quickly as I possibly can." He said.
Tilha O`Renimin
Civus

He doesn't know Myris? Mother tits, this story is becoming more and more complicated.
"So she does not really know you but think you can help? Maybe you already met her? Upper class Adhiel, young and beautiful, with a slight Kislovani accent. Well, young, at least she looks young, I'm never sure with Adhiels.
But you know this Adessa? She could have heard about you and her... I hope it has nothing to do with the slayer.
Do you think it could be a trap? But for what? It can't be because of yesterday night, I met her before."

Tilha was thinking aloud, and barely waited for Corbin's answer.
"I'll wait for you there, then. I'll tell Bill we're waiting for you, we probably won't stay in the common room. Too risky with her father after her. What's it about all these fathers locking away their daughters?"

As she turned to take her leave, the young sailor added a last remark.
"By the way, I'm glad to see you alive. If you know more about what happened last night, I'll be glad to hear it when we've more time."
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

"Hmmm, well from that description Myris could very well be Adessa." Corbin said. "I assume that you haven't seen Adessa? Perhaps Adessa is pretending to be Myris to avoid easy detection?" Corbin suggested. It was a possibility, especially given his complete lack of knowledge of someone called Myris.

"Either way I shall see you at the Inn. I will speak to Bill when I arrive - and I'll be sure to tell you about what went on last night." He said with a smile before she turned to go.
Tilha O`Renimin
Civus

Might be right. She would not have trusted me enough to tell me her real name... Sounds sensible. We'll see...

"See you soon, then. I'll ask her to wait."
With this last good bye, Tilha, left the room, closed the door, and traced her way back to the entrance of the university, though not without some hesitation now and then.
This ball of light would also come handy for the return trip!
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin lay back in his bed, and prepared to get up, though his body ached and protested. He had things to do today.

~Fin
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread archived with no skills awarded.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”