Allies in Unlikely Places P1 - Fryday, Chyril 25th MT (Open)

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Gotham Devoue
Civus

Allies in Unlikely Places P1 - Fryday, Chyril 25th MT (Open)

Post by Gotham Devoue »

Gotham hadn't been into the Adhiel Quarters of the city thus far. He had been stationed at the Lycaeum Library for quite some time and therefore didn't have the opportunity to visit such a place. However, he made his way there on what seemed to be a dismal morning.

The man walked through the city without the knowledge of how his search was going to pan out. He wondered if the adhiel would just laugh in his face or if the daemon would ask for something that tried his boundaries. His mind continued to work and stretched farther into the future, or so he absent mindedly did. What were his thoughts going to lead to once he placed a foot on the stairs of the Great Cathedral once again? He didn't know, and so he started here.

The soldier had been to Pan's Isle, and so he had somewhat of an advantage gaining the adhiel as an ally. He grasped enough of the language to get his point across, and he hoped that if nothing else someone would be able to translate for him. Once he reached the West End of World's Mouth, he simply sifted through the streets and relatively clean sidewalks. He weaved in and out of people, eavsdropping on their conversations, hoping to gain some helpful information. A blonde-haired, blue eyed man would be the only thing you saw from him because he didn't interrupt a soul.
Last edited by Gotham Devoue on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Protect life... until death."
--Leeloo, The Fifth Element.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

OOC: all right, take II

At first, Gotham found the streets to be remarkably quiet. The Adhiel Quarter had never really regained its former vigour after the mass expulsion in 1224, and the events of the past few days had reduced the activity here even further. The few adhiel out in public were sullen and reticent - they spoke in low, indistinct murmurs, too rapidly for Gotham to hear - and any who paid attention to him only cast mistrustful looks at the ninadhiel and moved out of their way to avoid him.

Then the Purificatio arrived.

They marched openly into the ghetto, eight Soldiers of the One clad in their full chainmail and white tabards. There were four crossbowmen, two were armed with shortswords, one longsword and the last with a wickedly sharp halberd. They were led by a well-built man dressed in the crimson robes of an Inquisitor. He appeared unarmed save for a dagger at his belt, although it looked as though he wore some form of armour beneath his robe.

Most of the locals made themselves scarce fairly quickly. Gotham could see timid adhiel faces peered out from the windows of the shops and houses along the main street, but few actually dared to step outside fully. One usually brave young woman watched from the doorway of the Lost Elf Inn – a shabby little establishment that only stood out from the other houses along the street by virtue of a sign that swung above its main entrance.

The church soldiers stopped outside the inn – but seemed more interested in a building across the road, marked Lorenzo Orrorensias, Leather Goods. With a few curt orders the Inquisitor had half his men flanking the front entrance, while the rest were sent to search for other exits around the building.

“When I give the signal, move in. Make sure none of these filthy devil-worshippers make it out alive.” His cold voice could be heard quite clearly by those nearby, including the adhiel girl in the doorway, whose face became ashen with fear.

“Wait!” she called urgently. “My friend's in there he’s not with them he’s human, just a customer – Arnholt, get out of there now!”

OOC: and head here to join the revelry!
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “World's Mouth Archive”