Choose and Perish! (And IC/OOC poll.)

This board is dedicated to both official and fun polls to prevent Banter being cluttered by the zillion questions we'd like to ask!

Moderators: saskia, Maeve, Meridiuz, Syra, Mods

In which form would you prefer for the daemoness Righteous to corrupt and/or destroy you?

I prefer Righteous as a pagan goddess, returned from the grave to destroy injustice.
25%
I prefer Righteous as a fallen angel, risen from the Nether to topple Dominicus.
38%
I have an alternate suggestion (see below).
19%
You monster! You'll never get away with this!
19%

Total votes: 16

Arnholt
Civus

Choose and Perish! (And IC/OOC poll.)

Post by Arnholt »

IC:

So lately I been thinking about starting a cult. Got me this big-time demoness lined up and everything, I shit you not. If I do end up goin' through with this she'll most likely want to destroy all who oppose her and like that. Guess that includes most of you. Tough luck, huh? But if it makes you feel any better, I thought I'd give you poor suckers a chance to help choose the form of your destroyer.

Righteous as a Pagan Goddess

Yeah. Currently Righteous's been billin' herself as an old-time Goddess of Justice whose followers were all killed by the One a long time ago. I figure she maybe looks like this. Long, funeral shroud type clothes. Long hair all wild-like and sorta poking through her cowl. Bandages around her like someone tried to mummify her or some shit. Maybe she'd be carryin' a sword and a setta scales in her hands, I dunno. Could be a good way of presenting her to try to win converts among the pagans.

But correct me if I'm wrong, but daemonesses can take all kinds of forms, yeah? An' here I am in the Western Kingdom, where even non-daemonic pagan goddesses ain't so popular. So maybe...

Righteous as a Fallen Angel

There! All re-branded for convertin' Oneists and such. Tried to make her look like a twisted angel of Dominicus. Basic angel outline, sorta, but then you start figurin' in a third eye, claws, scales and all kinds of scary crap. Maybe also a flaming halo, or eyes looking out of her hands or whatever. Like something out of a nightmare... but still havin' its own weird beauty.

So whadaya think? Which version of the daemoness would you rather bow down and worship? Or which would you rather have crush your body and soul, if that's what floats your boat?

Better choose wisely. 'Cause I tell you, I decide to go through with this thing, I'm goin' all the way.:twisted:

OOC: All firmly tongue in cheek, of course. But I really would be interested in people's opinions of how Arnholt might visualize and market his (possible!) demonic mentor.
Last edited by Arnholt on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Oh, Arnholt, maybe you could've said the pictures were made with HeroMachine. And I hope it's a legal version at that, not a cracked one :)
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

IC: Heroma-whatnow? I drew these myself! You think otherwise, you take it to a judge. Not that it'll do ya any good. You can't prove a goddamn thing! *shifty eyes*

OOC: Well, yes, of course they're made with Heromachine. Just like my avatar. Heromachine 2.5 to be specific, available for free through the official heromachine web site. Pardon me for not saying, although in my defense it must be pretty obvious that these came from Heromachine to anyone who's ever seen Heromachine before.
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

I know, but just saying so for those who aren't known with the program. I myself have an older version of it :)
Morg

Post by Morg »

I'm loving the pagan goddess version. :D
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

Not to sound critisizing, since these do look like rough draft concepts (talking about the text, not the images, brw) but both ideas sound a little...cliche`. Not trying to hurt your feelings about it or anything as the idea of a cult and new diety sounds cool and all, but perhaps a bit more fleshed out story on each before submitting for a vote would be best.

As for the physical descriptions, you may want to look at what all about the appearance is just Hollywood 'scare factor' and what is really relevant to the character. Could be just me, but I find Hannibal Lecter, who looks like Joe Everyman scarier than Jason Vorhees whose appearance screams "Look at me! I'm EEEEVVVIIIL!"

Just my .02 - take 'em or leave 'em. :) You're off to a good start though.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

IC: Work in progress, yeah. Just so I can hit the ground runnin,' so to speak. Hell, lady, I don't even have Righteous' holy book in hand yet, though her last head cultist promised it to me. *mutters* Not that I've actually committed myself here or anything. Might still decide none of this crap is worthwhile...

OOC: Thanks for your input, Aerin! As you say, the descriptions here are still very, very much in first draft format.

Right now my knowledge of Righteous (both IC and OOC) is pretty much limited to the following:

1) She is a daemoness.
2) She is (or claims to be) a Goddess of Justice.
3) She is supposed to have resided in the Nether for 1,000 years.
4) Her cult, which wants to summon her to the Tether, has been wiped out at least once before.

I may use any ideas I get here to help me visualize how my PC sees Righteous in his own mind. I may change these concepts completely once my PC learns more about Righteous. Or, given that their professional relationship has hardly begun, Arnholt may take a dislike to Righteous, abandon the idea of resurrecting her cult, and go have a beer instead.

All in all, this poll is completely non-binding and pretty much just for fun. :D

[Edit]

As per Aerin's suggestion, I toyed around and made a Righteous image with a slightly more subtly demonic look.

A sort of demonized version of the classical image of Justice. I actually tried a version like this before but this time I managed to make it in a way that I liked. If it were possible in Heromachine, she'd be holding a set of scales in her left hand. The veil is a nod to the classical Justice's blindfold (no blindfolds in Heromachine either, but then, I sort of like the veil better). Righteous is wearing chains to signify her imprisonment within the Nether.

What's that? She still has the clawed feet? Well, she's a daemoness. You've got to expect it to show somewhere.

Best part about this one is all you have to do is slap some wings on her and she can work as a Oneist "fallen angel," too.
Last edited by Arnholt on Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Well, ain't that just peachy? Summoning evil being to Tether. Next thing you'll say that Righteous is gonna kill my mom amongst other people. And that ain't a good idea.

I'll be most interested in hearing about how your plan goes along. We'll (Syrawenn, Gaelena and me) have some experience dealing with ancient being bent of destruction soon, and it should make for an interesting encounter when we do meet Righteous. I suggest she invests in armor for her shins. She'll need it.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Woah, woah, woah. Who said anything about evil?

Scary, yes... but one shouldn't judge on outward appearances. It's very superficial.

Daemonic, yes... but does that make her evil? Maybe there's some racism going on here. :P

Should she be considered 'evil'? Well, as one of the mods behind the concept, I won't give too much away, but one thing I will say is that one of Righteous's primary motivations is to bring Dominicus down a peg or two. And there are many 'good' characters out there who'd just love to get even with Big D.

So who are we to judge? Perhaps we should leave that to goddesses of justice.

Good work, Arnholt! :twisted: I'm excited to see how this pans out.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

So lately I been thinking about starting a cult. Got me this big-time demoness lined up and everything, I shit you not. If I do end up goin' through with this she'll most likely want to destroy all who oppose her and like that. Guess that includes most of you. Tough luck, huh? But if it makes you feel any better, I thought I'd give you poor suckers a chance to help choose the form of your destroyer.

Lemme just see if I got this right. She wants to destroy us all. And she ain't evil? I am working with the information provided and drawing conclusions from it. Too the question asked as being made IC and answered thus. Actual IC meeting could go several other ways.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Of course. I'm just kidding. :)

Also note the 'most likely' and 'all who oppose her'. It's not a certainty that she'll want to destroy you, let alone everyone...
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

Hey, Gavin, I was mostly just jokin' with what I said up there. Gallows humor. Ain't nothing you should take too serious. Like Morgan here said, the question of Righteous' evilness or lack of evilness is a complicated theological issue, the answer to which ain't been revealed to me yet.

Personally, I figure she's gentle as a kitten compared to most daemonesses. With a big emphasis on "compared to most daemonesses." Also, don't hold me to that if she does disembowel you in the middle of the night or some shit.

As far as the specific issue of the killing of Gavin's mom goes, the answer to that is also one of the many mysteries of our faith. Far as I know, Gavin, there ain't nothing in the tenets of Righteous-worship that specifically calls for the ritual murder of your mom. So I figure she's safe for now. However, it sure wouldn't hurt her chances if both you and her both start worshippin' Righteous at your earliest convenience.

You know. Just to be on the safe side. :lol:
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Sure, sure. Keep on digging the hole deeper. Excuses are the way to go. I'll let my legal representative (Syrawenn) take over from now. She can explain the intricacies to our case and just what we plan to do if push comes to shove.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

On advice of council I instruct my client to decline to answer! If you wish to acquaire any further information, we do not have to tell you because it's on a need to know basis only...and you don't need to know at this moment. But indeed if push comes to shove I assure you everything will become quite clear as you find yourself heading for Mars with a boot up your behind :)

I rest my case.
The jury will now withdraw to deliberate.
Thank you :)

Errr Gavin, was that what you were after?
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

Tsk, tsk. I will pray to Righteous on behalf of your unjust souls. :wink:
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

Pagans! Idolators! Heathens! Demons!

You all shall burn under the holy fire of Dominicus or be cast down into the boiling, acidic pit of the Nether, for I say unto thee, Tazlure shall be once more purged with the holy fire and brimstone of the One God!

*cackles a fanatic laughter*

Erm--- can I join?
Last edited by Tyrone on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[i][b]"Hate thy neighbours for they hate you even more."[/i][/b]
[hr][/hr]
Posting: Once/week[/size]
Arnholt
Civus

Post by Arnholt »

Hum. Takin' a look at the results thus far, there don't seem to be a marked preference for either incarnation. Taking this poll as a representational example, if I may, I therefore conclude that the good people of the Tether are prepared to embrace their new Goddess of Justice in either form. And then there was about three sadly misguided people who are under the impression that Righteous' arrival can be stopped somehow. Maybe they figure if they pray to Dominicus hard enough She'll go away or somethin'.

*snort* Yeah. Good luck with that.

As for you, Tyrone, I can hardly blame you for wanting to free yourself from the web of Oneist lies and propaganda in which you are currently ensnared. Rest assured, there is a place for any true believer within Righteous' cult, where there'll be a lot less bullshit, besides. Just now everything's all up in the air of course, but for the pure of heart, Righteous will surely find a way.

*mutters* Could maybe open up a recruitin' stall in the Aether or some such... once I got a better understandin' of who and what I'm recruiting for...

Return to “Poll Board”