Trothgard - Homecoming

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

OOC: Grrrr the mail notification did not work again

Langredoc's longsword flashed out of its scabbard when he passed Reiker's body. Stopping
for a few flickers he greeted the fallen man, his words forming the words in a utter hurry that should give the man's soul safe passage to the next world under the guidance of the Red Warrior. The man had been brave, a good warrior... a lousy mercenary.. what was not necessarily a bad thing. The warrior sighed, time was off the essence so he could not bury the man, even though he wished too. He quickly searched the body for information, papers or other belongings that would help Langredoc in informing the man's family. If he ever would be in the situation to do anything.

Red Warrior, your not really a great God today....
the man thought a tat bitter while placing the sword back where it belonged while he hurried towards Hex.

The woman looked terrible while he picked her up. She was trying to get away from the battlefield, what showed that at least there was some intelligence in the woman's mind that was not sacrificed to the the Goddess of Frigidness.

Carrying the large woman in his arms was sending messages of pain through Langredocs tortured body. His resolve helped him to ignore the pain, time to leave he thought while Eyrekra approached him and helped Hex as good as she could. Langredoc smiled at her and watched her turning around.

He wanted to call out to the girl with the wolf cups when ... a voice asked if he could approach.. a voice belonging to a tall man covered in furs.. and armed.. fou or friend.. was the question.

Eyrekra spoke out and gave permission, the woman looked weary and battered, she had given all she had. Langredoc smiled, he had no chance what so ever to get Hex away before the stranger arrived. So he just took his cloak and wrapped Hex in it.

Then he turned to intercept the man... with the distinct sound of metal on metal his swords left their scabbards... He positioned himself between the man and Eyrekra.

He felt tired, his body did hurt and he had the feeling that he had failed in everything he wanted today. Still duty called, the White Ones ignored them and that was good. This man... Langredoc sighed, friend or fou...

He assumed the stance of the steel wall, the two swords ready to block anything that would be thrown at them. "The warrior stands, who are you ?" he said calmly.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Hex's wounds were dire indeed. It was likely she would not survive without quiet and warmth, and most importantly, the will to live. As for survivors, none were found. Hex, Reiker and Langredoc were the last three people to retreat from Rimmerhold. Only a cold wind lived there now.

The man moved closer and thrust his spear into the snow. He pulled back his hood to reveal a craggy, windblown face, and a bald head. The tips of his ears were blackened as if by a fire, and one eyebrow was gone and a thick scar resided there in its place.

"Warrior eh?" He said with a grin. "Perhaps. Perhaps not." He wore a satchel on a shoulder strap and reached into it without a thought and withdrew a plainly wrapped bundle and tossed it near Eyrekra.

"Give her some of that. Be sure that it steeps for a quarter mark and that the water is tepid when she drinks it."

He turned his eyes to Langredoc once more. They were cold and grey, like a winter sky.

"Well warrior, kill me or rest easy, but please don't don't stand there with your weapons out any longer."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex lapsed in and out of consciousness. as her wounds were bound. She was grateful as there was no way that she would have survived without the others helping her. When she could she offered advice on how to bind her.

During one moment of clarity she surveyed her situation. It was grim. All she really had left was her weapon, bloody armour, bloody cloak and her wolf. She also had Langredoc and now the help of Eyrekra.

Gingerly and slowly she packed her armour into a charring pack, more like she tied it together as best she could. One she had the chance she would ask one of the others to help her carry it. if she moved slow she thought she could make it on her own, slowly.

Whistling through her cold lips she called her wolf while she leaned upon her polearm. She must have closed her eyes for a moment, she snapped to to see some man approaching but could not really hear the words...

Must have dried blood in my ears....later...later...

Her wolf cub was there sniffing her and licking splotches of blood.

"Tjuv, my little thief..." her words were as weak as she was.

She regarded the little group again, the stranger was making a motion with some bundle towards her.

She closed her eyes and snapped them open again, for an instant free of pain, an instant. In that flicker she knew though that as a fire of pain receded an old fire of spirit sparked anew. She was not dead, only beaten. badly beaten but she would live and she would return to this place. It would take time, healing and she must learn more, so much she must begin to grasp. it was not her will nor her strength that defeated her this day, it was her lack of knowledge and her lack of understanding. She knew nothing of the enemy she faced she realized. that was her undoing.

She spit out a glob of blood.

"I am still here...not dead yet and have no intention of dying. let us leave this place."
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Eyrekra picked up the bundle of what she hoped was medicine, and moved to help Hex. She needed to get Hex out of the cold, and into the shelter of the nearest hut. There was no time to waste. They could all travel to the hunting hut after Hex has had a few days to recuperate.

She walked over to Hex, grabbed, and tied the two bundles together. Eyrekra then moved along side Hex, and place her arm around Hex's waist trying to help her support her weight. As they walked, Eyrekra spoke softly to her. "Sorry lady Hex I know this is not where you wanted to go, but it is the closest shelter." "We need to get you out of this cold, and resting as soon as possible."

As the two women pass Langredoc, and the stranger, Eyrekra called out. "When you boys are done playing you can find us at the nearest hut."

Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc slammed the two blades back into the scabbards. He turned to get Hex and move out of here. The man's words as meaning less as the wind blowing through this ice cold land. Eyrekra said "When you boys are done playing you can find us at the nearest hut."

It infuriated the man and he ran back to the two woman, swept Hex from her feet and took her in his arms. He would carry her, even if it was the last thing he did in this life. He growled at Eyrekra, "What are you trying to do ? Kill her ? We have to get away from here. We take the sleds and move !! And Lady, if I would not have had my hands full I probably would have kicked your ass for those last words."

The man started to move. Anger clearly flowing in his eyes.
Last edited by Langredoc on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Wulfhere was a man few words. He'd been born and raised in the furthest reaches of the Juund wastes, far away from anything that could have resembled the normal settlements of Trothgard. For the better part of his life he'd been told that the woman-ruled people of Rimmerhold were proud, contrary clans. He was raised much differently. Not in view of Ijskoningin, but under the guidance of mighty chiefs like Snorri the younger, and Woden the Wise.

The bickering, argumentative people before him were most likely proof of what he'd been told. He had just arrived to speak with the Kona, when he saw the rampage of the Dreki on the village, and the White Ones plundering the town for crystals. He tried to warn them, he'd tried to help, but it seemed the only thing they had was the bitter taste of defeat on their tongues, and the acid they were spitting at him and each other was a taste of it.

They seemed keen on getting away from the ruin of the town. He could hardly blame them. The Dreki paid a very steep toll, and these few survivors were still bartering the price. Knud had always said that he could tell when fish and when to cut bait. Now was not the time to try and gain allies to his cause. Now was the time to leave these poor people to lick their wounds.

Without a word, he began his retreat. He snatched up his spear and made his way into the savaged town to see what was left. He would need to report back with news and he needed to be sure of his facts.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Eyrekra hung her head, and followed Langredoc to their sled.

In a very apologetic manor Eyrekra spoke. "My dear Langredoc I am truly sorry if my words offended you." "I know that you are only looking out for Hex's best interest." "Please take care of yourself, as I hope to hear of your "other plans" sometime in the future."

"My dear lady Hex, I am sorry my actions have brought us to such misery." "It was only because of your will to live, and the grace of the Ice Queen that you are still alive." "My family's hunting hybyli is on the Northern edge of the Hunting Plains." "There you will find food, clothing, warmth, and rest." "My lady I am sorry, I do not think that I can be of anymore service to you for now."
Eyrekra placed the two bundles on the sled."Here is your bundle, and the bundle of medicine." She bowed to Hex. "Kona I take my leave of you." She smiled a warm, and some what flirtatious smile at Langredoc.

As she left for Rimmerhold she called out "May the Ice Queen bless, and keep watch over both of you!"
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc sighed then turned towards Eyrekra smiled softly and said "Its ok hon, don't bother too much. I am glad that your still alive." He nodded towards Hex and resumed "Ill keep her alive.."

The smile was a bit confusing but Eyrekra's wish was not. So Langredoc grumbled softly "I don't hope so, one frigid lady watching my ass is scary enough for me, I don't need the ice queen watching me as or ass well."

He bit on his lip and than called out towards the stranger.. "Hey, warrior, you don't happen to know a place with some good healers don't you ?" He did not really wait for the answer and started to strap Hex on the dog sled, ignoring the happy yipping sounds of the animals. He took the two wolf cups and placed them close to the woman.

He returned briefly to Reikers corps to after a few flickers taking his weapons and other possessions, guessing that he would prefer that over them being taken by someone else. He wrapped the body up in a blanked and then returned to Hex. Hoping for a good answer of the man. Otherwise he had to find a other solution to keep Hex alive.
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: I just have to come here and check more often...

IC:

Hex's eyes fluttered open to the drool of a wolf cub. She could feel her armour bundled at her feet and her weapon along side of her. She had to admit that it felt good to be off her feet and wrapped up warm.

She let out a silent chuckle as the wolves snapped and played around her. Langredoc was there, she thought he was talking to someone. She wondered how she would ever return the favour of his gratitude. She knew that he would droll on about duty or some such thing, yes they were all tied to duty.

With those thoughts Hex felt the flame of passion rise within her again, the passion she held for her land, her people and who she was. She leaned forward and looked to the desolate north. She may be beaten but the land is still Trothgard and it is unchanged, just the people on it.

Last time she had to go south to find her way north, perhaps again that was the way.

She whistled through frozen lips.

"Langredoc, we going to chat all day or do you have some plan to take me somewhere?"

Her body was wounded, her pride was wounded, her spirit had been beaten but she could feel it coming back now...

Kona, witch, warrior, pirate, mercenary, priestess..whatever she was, all she really was right now was tired.
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

A whistling sound behind him made Langredoc turn around while he was placing former Reikers weapons on his back and side. It was Hex trying to get his attention, and she succeeded.

It was good to see that there was still some life in the womans body and spirit, but the man had not expected anything less. He expected her to be strong even when her head was cut off.

So he just drylee replied "I don't mind women whistling at me, but I do really expect them to be in a better shape then ! And yes we are going somewhere as soon as I found out where we can find a healer for you.. Now go back below the blankets. Your no use to me frozen stiff, so do something useful and keep the cups warm."

A smile accompanied the words. The man returned to what he was doing. Collecting Reikers belongings and preparing to leave in a hurry. He would miss Eyrekra and Reiker, but such was his life, always on the move, leaving people behind. At least Eyrekra was alife so maybe they would meet again.

"Until we meet again..." the man whispered to Eyrekra. There was no need to be sentimental afterall she was leaving.
Last edited by Langredoc on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

If the stranger heard Langredoc, he made no sign of it. He seemed deeply distracted with picking through the remains of the town and examining the wreckage and the Dreki's corpse. Perhaps he had not heard. The wind picked up and hissed through the trees gently and maybe it obscured his question. Or maybe he was simply ignoring him. It was difficult to tell at this point.

The dogs seemed eager to run, eager to get away from this place. At various times, they looked back to Langredoc for some indication of what they were going to do.

It seemed Langredoc had a decision to make.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Life was never easy, Langredoc was sick of Trothgard, the only thing that would grow here where the bones of the dead sticking out of the frozen waste.

He watched the man for a while then he turned silently towards Hex and the sled. It was the harbour where they would go. Chances that some kind of healers stayed or did gather there after the fights was bigger then here.

"Hex, we go to the harbour." He told the woman.

A whistling sound towards the dogs and away they were... choices..

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Eager to please, the dogs made the trip to the landing cove a safe and fast one. Hex's body felt every jolt, every bump in the snow covered ground, and each brought a new experience in fresh pain. But, with regular changing of her bandages and constant attention, she was likely out of danger.

The landing cove was bustle of activity. Ships were docking, ships were sailing, refugees seemed everywhere. There was a portal, and a line had formed in front of it, and people were negotiating their payment. Some had gold, some had silver. Some had chickens, but whatever the cost, nearly all were eager to seek shelter and safety in foreign lands.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc was relieved to see the harbour, sadly enough was the ship that had been filled with many a fond memory already gone. Well nothing to do about that. He released the dogs, everybody would have his chance on freedom, the dogs could make their own choice, Langredoc was sure about that. He hated to watch the animals leave, still he watched until they where gone, then he turned towards Hex. She was getting stronger now, the wounds below the bandages looking better with every change.

His gut feeling somehow told him that Eyrekra would also arrive here, For the man this was a dieing world, a vision confirmed by watching all the refugees... Ships were not a option anymore, that left the portal.

He disliked magic, it brought rarely something good, so he watched the people giving away their life savings to pass. That was something Langredoc would not do, money was not a problem afterall. He had none, and Hex had proved to be a interesting but not well paying employer. So he rubbed his chin. maybe it was time to lower the prices a tat drastically so they, and all the refugees could go to Dort for a discount price.

He woke up Hex and said "Time to leave... your world is dead and buried, lets hope it comes alive one day. Still that's not now." he turned his head towards the portal. "If you are able to walk we can reduce the price for that portal a bit for those people. You have been lazy long enough..." He smiled at the woman. It had never been a burden for him to take care of her. He slowly rose and turned towards the portal.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex woke from a ill dream. Her body hurt but she was already starting to feel a little better, but not enough. Langredoc was right, she had been wallowing in her own pain and misery long enough.

Hex looked around and then threw off the covering that had protected her on the ride. Standing slowly she glanced down at her meagre possessions. Soiled chain mail, a glaive, a brace of daggers and rucksack with some odds and ends. She saw that Langredoc had stripped Reiker.

"Those weapons were made by my father. Where ever we go we shall get a good price for them."

Slowly Hex made her way to the line using the shaft of her weapon as a walking pole to take some of her weight. Her eyes were not forward but back. So much could have been going though her mind but instead there was very little. Her mind was fixed on the image of small snow swirls dancing on the road that they had just arrived by.
~
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

"You only sell weapons to save someone, if you don't need them you throw them in the sea. Your father makes good weapons, you will bless him in the future." Langredoc drylee said.

He just accompanied Hex... probably to Nether and Back. witches were like that...

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Locked, skilled archived
Last edited by Vanadius on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”