Proper Fireworks (Chyril 25th Late ET) - Open

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Pauli's first instinct was always to arrest everybody. He cast a suspicious glance at the impious figure standing at the temple, something tugged at his sluggish mind. As it was however, there was a clear crisis and it would be his butt if it was not solved. Besides, the mention of noble titles and mages, told him not to get too involved. It would call the Whites on them and they had seen enough conflicts of authority of late. Marshall would not thank him for causing any more.

"Right, we'll get right to it M'am," he nodded, "We'll take over from here. I think the perimeter needs to be searched to find the cause, and perhaps we need some statements from other witnesses, if you know of any? Were you just a person living there or is this your property? Would you know how the fire started?"

He stopped in the middle of his fire of questions, realizing that was not a priority right now. "However, first we'll have to focus on more immediate things. Where can we reach you should we have further questions or find personal property?" After Ashari's answer he started organizing his men, separating the dead from the injured first of all. The latter category was, not surprisingly, rather small. After a quartermark green robed healers arrived, kneeling silently to treat the injured before they spend time to send the souls of the dead on their way with prayer.

When Ashtallion finished his work, managing to bring an end to the biggest danger.. that of the fire spreading... by using constant floods of pool water on select areas... he staggered. All that was left to do now was to stop the last hearths that were mostly smouldering. Helpful hands arrived from the curious crowd further down Temple Lane and Pauli happily used them to form a line to the fountain with buckets. As long as they obeyed he cared not for their uniform. The last remaining spots of fire were quelled with sweat rather than energy.

Now Ashari and Ashtallion suddenly found themselves on the edge of the scene, looking at an anthill of people doing their jobs, nobody sparing them any time, nobody with questions.. only an occasional curious look. Ketch came wandering over, judging it safe by now, for the City Guards were busying their hands with other things. His voice still rasped painfully as he admitted "I need a bed and a beer. Not necessarily in that order."

OOC: I think we are about ready to wrap up the scene?
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Paulie's suggestion of what needed to be done got only the most subtle of nod from her. At this point, there was very little she wished to take part in when it came to this Guildhouse, and her voice sounded weary and tired. "My name is Ashari Gywien, and I'll be at my home if you need to find me. This was to be the new Red Rose Guild... not my home." She listed her house's address with the formal tonality of one used to such thing. Perhaps that alone would give him something to work on when it came to attempting to find the assailant. If they ended up in the Gouls atleast she'd have no trouble getting them out. Hell, Ketch could sneak a guard out of the dungeon if he were so inclined, a prisoner was childsplay. Infact, it would make it easier on her if Michael were somehow captured by the Blues, though she found the entire situation fairly unlikely at best.

"I don't know how it started.. but it started on that side of the building," here she pointed. "And then spread to the roof before collapsing. I don't.. know if there were any people here to witness it. Ashtallion and I were just on our way back. I wasn't really paying that close attention...I.." She sought for the right words. "I wasn't expecting for anything like this." Ashari clamped her mouth shut and watched the guardsman while he worked. Ketch wound his way back closer. She was comforted by his presence, as well as that of Ashtallion when he arrived. Giving in to a deep sigh she agreed to Ketch's assessment of what was needed.

"Yes.. I fear a beer won't be enough this evening. I'm thinking more on whiskey, myself." Wryly she glanced to Ketch, and found her body gravitationally pulled closer to his while they watched the people busily do the jobs they were meant to do. "I wonder what happened to Aerin.." She mused, looking over the crowd. Obviously the young woman had gotten the guards, or atleast someone had, but what became of her was somewhat unsettling. "Perhaps she fled, smart girl."

Looking toward Ashtallion she could easily tell how tired he was. "Will you be alright?" she asked. "We'll walk with you a ways, if you'd like." It was a genuine offer, but if declined, she was settled on heading back to what had been her home before she purchased the Guildhouse. It wasn't a place she wanted to go back to and even now, it was in disarray. Servants had been dismissed aside from one who was in charge of insuring that her previous house wouldn't be broken into and pillaged. No work had been done on it, holes in the wall from Iorn's last great magicking as well as destruction in the rear of the house from Zarias's run in with a hellhound stood in stark contrast to the otherwise tidy appearance. Her home was like a magnet to devastation.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

The threads of sorcery unravelled and returned to their natural free state, and with nothing further to concentrate on, the golden haired sorcerer staggered with the wave of exhaustion that swept over him. He felt empty, his resolve hanging on by a hairs breadth. Heavenly Father, give me strength to finish this......, with a grimace, the magus turned, the lines of tiredness etched deep into his usually radiant and ageless face.

Ashtallion gave Pauli a glance over, tilted his head in acknowledgement, "I am Lord Alrul...", he gestured behind him, "....I am thankful for your timely arrival.", the comment could have potentially meant to sound sarcastic, however the adhiel hid it well.

Soon, as he, Ashari and Ketch watched the crowd start to control the situation, Ashtallion could not help but scoff lightly. Turning to his mage-friend, he gave a small sigh, "No....you need not accompany me. I have much to bury this eveningtide, the solace will do me good. Please...", his right hand waved wearily, ".....you two need time alone to talk I think, be on your way. I will try call on you tomorrow my friend.", he glaced back over at the now burnt Guild, "Though I can see the other members of the University Faculty wanting an explanation from me for this."

Shaking his head, he looked into Ashari's eyes. He could see his own tiredness mirrored there. Placing a hand gently on her shoulder, he gave a soft squeeze, "Rest as best you can, there will be more for you to do tomorrow.", dropping his hand, the lord gave Ketch a bow of his head and turned, walking slowly, somewhat hesitant, back towards the University spires.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"If you insist," she replied, though she was somewhat disappointed that Ashtallion had turned down the company. The deaths weighed heavily on his concience. Only Aeris's death mattered to Ashari. The rest had merely gotten in the way. It left a bad taste in her mouth to even think that way, but it was the painful truth. "Rest up, then. I will be back here tomorrow morning if there are questions from the Mages or if you wish to help." She offered a weary smile, but turned to Ketch, ready for sleep this evening. Ready for some peace.

OOC: Fin! Ready for ski-zilling. Ohhyesss.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

OOC: Fin it is!
Thank you signora's and signor for aiding me with my first return thread ;)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Highly exciting thread. It was lovely. Skilled now!

Return to “Inner City Archive”