Question/s! :3

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Claire Evanswell

Question/s! :3

Post by Claire Evanswell »

Hi, I'm new to the site and am still in the process of creating my character. I just have a couple of questions to ask before I start working on my profile.

Okay, here goes.

First off, my character is a female shaman-in-training. I haven't thought of a name yet, though, but I've already made a description of her physical appearance and stuff.

Anyway, question 1: Is 16 really the minimum age for starting characters or can I make my character younger (like say, 13 or 14)?

Number two. I intend for my character to be a POTS, but just a while ago, I noticed that Terra Incognita isn't open for play. Any suggestions on how I can go about this?

I'd much rather her be a member of the Black Tribe than of the Clans of Islay. It's not that I dislike the idea of her being from Islay, but I just think that she'd make a much more interesting character if she were one of the POTS.

If it can't work that way or if it's too complicated, then it's okay. I can easily change her profile since technically, I haven't started yet. I just want to know if it can work that way. >_<
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Hi there.

I'm not sure what your question is.

Will we reopen TI or allow you to play there? No. We currently have neither the mods nor the players to create momentum in TI and having the lone player just doesn't work.

Will we allow you to be a person FROM that area? Sure, it has happened before. We just need to know how your character ended up at the starting place :)

Have fun and if you have any questions be sure to ask.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

I would also point out that Dragons Keep is open for play and borders the deserts where the POTS live so that is a possible place for such a character to fit it.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Malakhai Qinua
Civus

Post by Malakhai Qinua »

Hi!

It's certainly possible for POTS PCs to play elsewhere. I'm one of them! :D Dragonskeep is one good location for them, but you can start anywhere you like, provided you can come up with a good reason for being there.

And as regards age... I don't see why you couldn't play a PC younger than 16. There are a few younger PCs out there. Just make sure that the character concept is one you're happy with playing. Tazlure time moves very slowly, so she won't be growing up any time soon. ;)

Feel free to PM me if you want to bounce any ideas off someone!
[i]"When the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" - Hamlet[/i]
Avatar is "sandman" by yifatshaik, from allavatars.com
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Regarding age .. the reason we put in that rule is that you'll be 13 for a long , very long time. Possibly forever. Time in Tazlure doesn't move that fast. Children (and 13 or 14 is still a child in our setting) do not get to go to grow up parties, the do not get to do grown up things. So, think carefully if you create a young PC and ask yourself why that is part of your character concept.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Claire Evanswell

Post by Claire Evanswell »

Oh, okay. ^_^

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll start working on my profile now. Thanks for all your help. :D
Sando Haymaker
Civus

Post by Sando Haymaker »

I'm not usually one to speak for others, but I'm sure there was no inconvenience! This is a place to ask questions and that's what you did.

:P

Ask away and welcome to Tazlure. ;)

Return to “Questions & Answers”